PDA

View Full Version : Gobal Trade Station is very cool.

Razola
25th April 2007, 04:51 AM
I already got all three starters. One is in Japanese!

Just put up a version exclusive and results will be good. But I bet anything works. A lot of people seem real nice and are giving away level 1s.

Jeff
25th April 2007, 10:53 AM
That's cool, I tried it last night, I didn't offer anything, just saw what people were asking for for their Combees. Someone wanted a Lv100 Azelf. Now maybe the Combee they were offering was female (didn't check), but still that's pretty ridiculous. Nice to know you can at least get good deals for some other pokemon. Guess I'll catch me a version exclusive or two tonight and see what I can get. I really wish I had restarted for a female starter.

Dark Sage
25th April 2007, 02:00 PM
That is ridiculous. I just caught a female Combee, and it wasn't THAT hard to catch. Look out for scams in this thing.

mr_pikachu
25th April 2007, 02:16 PM
That does sound absurd. Still, those of us who are "smart shoppers" can probably wade past the stupid demands and find some really good trades here.

It'll especially be nice if we don't have to get all the tickets to catch everything. Although you do have to have seen the Pokemon first... maybe there will be alternate means of getting the really rare Pokemon in your Pokedex as having been "seen," such as what you could do with the Eeveelutions in RBY. (Bill had files on each of them that would partially register them in the Pokedex, if you recall.) Any word on stuff like that for the upper-tier legendaries?

Ghost
25th April 2007, 02:34 PM
As someone on the Gamefaqs advised me, just put up a useless bidoof and ask for a chimcar or turtwig or whatever starter you want.

People breed the Chimchars alot, and if they dont have the Right IVs or whatever they go online and trade them for worthless crap because they dont need them.

Currently I've gotten 2 Male Chimchars (Both lvl 1, one knows Grass Knot and other knows Torment) and a level 1 Turtwig (male)

Silent Dragonfly
25th April 2007, 03:21 PM
It would be cool, if noobs didn't infest it wanting Lv100 Celebi for anything you've searched for, and as such lowering the chance of someone with a serious trade. I've seen a lot of impossible wants too, such as Combusken Below Lv9.

Dark Scizor
25th April 2007, 03:25 PM
I'm going to have to give it a whirl when my copy gets over here. Hopefully it'll come in the mail tomorrow :)

Razola
25th April 2007, 04:06 PM
Do not actively search for Pokemon. You just get people wanting ridiculous trades that won't happen.

Instead, put up something modest for something modest in return. For Japan, starters are already common and they're not much to ask for. Put a pokemon like Murkrow and you'll have something decent in an hour or so.

Ghost
25th April 2007, 04:53 PM
Do not actively search for Pokemon. You just get people wanting ridiculous trades that won't happen.

Instead, put up something modest for something modest in return. For Japan, starters are already common and they're not much to ask for. Put a pokemon like Murkrow and you'll have something decent in an hour or so.

or as I said earlier put in a bidoof :)

Icebloom
26th April 2007, 10:16 AM
GTS is absolutely wonderful. I just got a level 1 Turtwig from Chiba, Japan after offering a Misdreavus. It's very nice, but I am curious how you can tell if something is hacked or not (assuming there's a way)?

Negrek
26th April 2007, 01:32 PM
It's very nice, but I am curious how you can tell if something is hacked or not (assuming there's a way)?
If the hacker is any way decent, there's no way to tell, unless you have the advanced diagnostic that Nintendo uses for their official game checks (and there are, supposedly, ways to get around that, too).

Ten-year-old kids with their AR's are prone to stupid mistakes, however, such as (and in descending order of obviousness):

- Impossible movesets, traits, etc. (easy to check)
- Impossible contest stats (i.e. max beauty, cool, and smart--max more than one is impossible, I think)
- Impossible levels, either for when "met" or "captured" or currently
- Impossible locations for where the pokémon was captured or hatched
- Incredible stats, generally all-31 IV's, or outright impossible stats (above 31 IV's)

Phoenixsong
26th April 2007, 05:19 PM
I haven't had a chance to try GTS yet, as my internet is evil and I don't think I set it up correctly anyway. Actually, I was on my way to look it up just now... eh, doesn't matter, as I'm not currently looking for anything in particular that I can't get myself.

Hmm... well, mr_pika, I know that there's some lady who shows you the main legendary that isn't in your game after you beat the E4 or something. Other than that, I don't know if there's anyone who shows you Arceus or something. I doubt it.