PDA

View Full Version : RMT!

Elekidkid
28th April 2007, 02:44 AM
Looking around at some of the moves in this game, I came up with this nifty little idea for a team, based mostly around the move Assurance. Not sure about natures and items, and no theoretically EVs because anybody I tend to play with competetively doesn't use those.

Magmortar
Ability: Flame Body
Flamethrower
Will-O-Wisp
Psychic
Confuse Ray

Premise behind this is to Will-O-Wisp to burn the enemy, then Confuse Ray (maybe Confuse Ray first, just to be a little safer), then wail down with Psychic or Flamethrower until he's taken down. Would be nice if it could be a decent sized dent in an opponent's team before falling, but it's main purpose is to get as many opponents burned as possible.

Drapion
Ability: Sniper
Toxic Spikes
Toxic
Cross Poison
Ice Fang

This is to do a similar job as Magmortar, but using poison rather than burn. I may lead with this instead, as it has a higher speed stat and can lay out some Toxic Spikes pretty quickly, but that'll probably have to be tested in play. Cross Poison is there for power and to capitalize on Sniper; Ice Fang is there for flinch and to cover other types.

Toxicroak
Ability: Anticipation
Poison Jab
Cross Chop
Bulk Up
X-Scissor

Poison Jab is for damage and high ratio of poisoning opponent. Bulk Up is to buff with Cross Chop for STAB and X-Scissor to cover weaknesses. I went with Anticipation because this thing isn't too likely to survive many SE hits.

Girafarig
Ability: Inner Focus
Baton Pass
Agility
Double Team
Assurance

Mostly a utility Pokémon, with Shadow Ball just in case it's the last one standing. Double Team and Agility then Baton Pass to any of the others, whichever is best suited to handling the situation at hand.

Absol
Ability: Pressure
Swords Dance
Assurance
Aerial Ace
Night Slash

Come out, Swords Dance if it had the help from Baton Pass, and plow through. Assurance if they're burned or poisoned, Night Slash otherwise. If they're resistant to Dark attacks (or if they're fighting or bug type), Aerial Ace instead.

Honchkrow
Ability: Super Luck
Roost
Assurance
Drill Peck
Dark Slash

Redundant, yes, but it's here to serve the same purpose as Absol. Drill Peck has a bit more oomph than Aerial Ace, which makes it a bit more worthwhile of an attack, and Roost is nice to get health back when the situation is tight.

Ultimately, this is based around my understanding of the move Assurance, which may be flawed. If an opponent takes damage in a turn and Assurance is also used in that turn, then the power of Assurance is doubled. My goal is to poison or burn the whole team so they will take damage every turn, causing Assurance to have double power indefinitely. Have I understood this move, or is it managed differently?
Secondly, I know that the types are all very similar, but for the sake of it being a themed team, I think things like that can slide a bit. I just picked a bunch of Pokémon that I liked, that fit into the scheme, and meshed them all in. Enjoy!

Link
29th April 2007, 07:42 AM
Looks good....

Negrek
29th April 2007, 11:07 AM
Ultimately, this is based around my understanding of the move Assurance, which may be flawed. If an opponent takes damage in a turn and Assurance is also used in that turn, then the power of Assurance is doubled. My goal is to poison or burn the whole team so they will take damage every turn, causing Assurance to have double power indefinitely. Have I understood this move, or is it managed differently?
Sorry, you've got it wrong. Damage from poison and burn is applied only at the end of each turn, so there's no possible way to have it come before assurance, causing the double power. Assurance's special condition can only be met in 2vs2.

mr_pikachu
29th April 2007, 03:47 PM
I suppose you could try using a Spiker or something to get that damage before your attack. But that would rely on your opponent switching into damage... a lot. And once they catch on to your Assurance tactic, they'd be even less likely to switch.

Of course, I guess you could use it as a pseudo-Mean Look to keep your opponent from switching Pokemon, but...

Elekidkid
29th April 2007, 04:10 PM
Right... I'm going to have to rethink this team now that I've found out how Assurance works. I really like the choices of Pokémon, though, so I'm probably going to work something around those.