PDA

View Full Version : Dialga stats, keeper?

Dark Scizor
30th April 2007, 04:14 PM
I know that people frown upon the use of ubers, and to be fair I don't really intend on using Dialga much, if at all. However, I want to make sure the Dialga I get is defintely worth it.

I don't have a problem catching it since it's just 2 Surfs and a Drill Peck from Empoleon and around 1-5 Great balls to capture it.

Anyhow, the current Dialga I have has:

Nature - Quiet
HP: 163
Att: 120
Def: 132
Sp.Att: 176
Sp.Def: 108
Spd: 80

Not the best nature, and it's speed blows. I know that since I've had much higher from non speed boosting natures, but according to this ( http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...nt=fire fox-a ) it's IVs seem to be 27 6 31 31 21 0. I know that IV calculators aren't exactly reliable until you've hit level 100 and maxed out your stats, but it's the only useful thing I've found so far.

So, should I keep on hoping that I'll get a modest one with similar stats, or just make do with what I have. Like I said, I have no problem with capturing it again since it takes less than 4 minutes. I've had some slightly better (over most stats, especially speed), and slightly worse.

Cheers.

Dark Sage
30th April 2007, 04:26 PM
The Lord of Time is "Quiet". Heh, heh...

Sorry... That's ironic...

Seriously, most of the Legendaries in the game are "trophy" pokemon that you catch for the sake of the story, not because you want to use them. If you want to use an uber-powerful pokemon, there are better ones coming up (Giratina comes to mind). If you want to try for a stronger Dialga, go right ahead, but you should seriously retry for a one-shot only if you are going to be serious about using it for something.

That's my two cents.

rinku
30th April 2007, 05:49 PM
What level is it? From what you've posted it has a bloody good special attack score, and that CAN'T be bad, since it's Dialga's best stat. -Speed is a small issue, but Dialga only has a base of 90, which means it's going to be slower than a lot of other high-end pokémon anyway.

If those IV's are even close to correct, it's a keeper, and usable. At the end of the day, the higher base stats tend to make up for the fact you only get one shot at getting them.

Dark Sage
30th April 2007, 05:52 PM
When you catch Dialga, it is Level 47.

Its signature move is Roar of Time, which is a powerful Dragon move, but it has the same handicap as Hyper Beam.

Phoenixsong
30th April 2007, 05:59 PM
Hm. Godly as the perfect SA is, I'd actually reset for better Speed if you plan on using Dialga in any sort of uber circuit. Dialga was not meant to be defensive or terribly slow. If you're not going to be competitive with it at all, keep it. Stats like that are hard to come by. But, for example, in a competitive match almost anything with Earthquake will eat it alive before it has much of a chance to do anything. Groudon and Kyogre are really the only legendaries with those kind of stats that can get away with being slow, and that's only if you're desperate to have Drought/Drizzle stick... eh. If you're REALLY serious, try again. If not, keep it.

Not that anyone cares, but my Dialga is Timid with perfect Speed, nyah. Took me I-don't-know-how-many-resets and much fun with Poké Balls and Premier Balls, but personally I think it was worth it.

Dark Scizor
30th April 2007, 06:14 PM
I think I *might* take a dive and go for another one, but I'm not entirely sure. My DS has been on standby for hours lol

If only it's speed were 98 or higher, then I'd definitely keep it.

rinku
30th April 2007, 06:15 PM
Okay. Done the maths, and the IV ranges are as follows:

HP: 26-27
A: 5-6
D: 31
SA: 30-31
SD: 20-21
S: 0

That gives untrained stats at L50 and L100 of:

HP: 173, 336-337
A: 127-128, 250-251
D: 140, 276
SA: 187, 368-369
SD: 115, 225-226
S: 85, 166

Max L100 special attack with full effort training is going to be 437-438, which I think would command respect *anywhere*. Defenses are good to excellent, so speed is not as crucial.

It has many good special attack versions of Dragon and Steel attacks - Dragon Breath in particular would be good for its ability to paralyse. The move tutor Draco Meteor, which is a dragon type Overheat, would also be worth considering. Nothing is immune to Dragon, and only Steel is resistant, so Draco Meteor coming from this guy is going to single shot pretty much anything. White Herb would let you get two full strength ones off, while the second and third shot are still pretty powerful. Plus, you can wipe the stat drop simply by switching.

Dark Scizor
30th April 2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks.

You put forward a convincing point. If I don't like the Dialga, I guess I can always restart the game again. It only took 2 days to get to Dialga :)

But I still haven't decided.

TKnHappyNess
30th April 2007, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure if I should use the Dragon Pulse TM on Dialga right now. Unless I can get more of them.

Dark Scizor
1st May 2007, 07:12 AM
You have a Diamond and Pearl team, so I guess you have both games?

Nevermind, I'm going to have to get a new one anyway, my older brother just got back from hospital and reset my DS, it was out in the kitchen. He did it by accident like, but still it hasn't been too fun recapturing Dialgas.

Ah well.

rinku
1st May 2007, 05:57 PM
Ouch!

Dark Scizor
1st May 2007, 07:00 PM
Indeed.

Hopefully I can get another one that is better! Though that's proving to be a rather tedious task. I must have caught at least 30 tonight and only one of them has come close in regards to stats, but not as good in defence or Spdef.

Dark Scizor
2nd May 2007, 03:09 PM
I'm getting closer to a better Dialga.

The last one I caught was Bold (+Def-Att)
Stat / IV (according to the calculator)
163 / 27
114 / 21
140 / 23
159 / 29
112 / 29
103 / 30

Not as strong in some stats, but more consistent across the board :)

Now, if only I could get that on an SpAtt+ nature.

Link
2nd May 2007, 07:50 PM
I only have Pearl, and haven't caught a Palkia yet as I am stuck in the darn game. Good luck finding a good Dialga, Scizor.

Dark Scizor
3rd May 2007, 11:04 AM
Got one that's modest with the EVs 2 30 2 31 4 19.

Not as good across the board when it comes to stats, but it's got perfect SpAtt and the perfect nature. To keep or not...though the rest of it's stats suck.

Edit: Reset it. Why do max SpAtt Dialga's come packaged with major suck in at least one other department.

Got a Relaxed Dialga with 8 28 21 31 31 28. WHY CAN'T I GET THAT WITH A MODEST DIALGA, WHY?

Getting closer. 10 11 11 25 29 30 on a modest Dialga. I'm sure you're all getting bored of this now. I am too, but I'm too far gone to quite half way. If that last Dialga had 20 in defence and 20 in HP, I would have kept it.

kainashi
3rd May 2007, 04:30 PM
He did it by accident like, but still it hasn't been too fun recapturing Dialgas.i found dialga to be the easiest legendary in the game to catch. uxie and azelf gave me the most trouble. the others were pretty tough too. regigigas, heatran, giratina, etc.

Dark Scizor
3rd May 2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah, apparently Dialga and Palkia have a catch rate that is equal to that bird with a musical note for a head.

Trent
3rd May 2007, 05:49 PM
I'm gonna hop on the bandwagon here and post my Dialga. Though, I'm not terribly concerned with the stats, it's easy enough to catch--So why not?

Quiet Nature - 28HP, 1ATK, 16DEF, 8SP ATK, 30SP DEF, 31 SPD.

I'm very aware of the dismal SP ATK, but maybe the nature will offset the disadvantage, what do you think? I'm sure it'll be fine, the IVs all seem really nice. Whatever.

EDIT: Decided I don't really care :| Just gonna keep it

rinku
3rd May 2007, 06:46 PM
While we're talking good stats, thought I'd boast about Biff, my stud Kecleon:
HP:31, A:18, D:29, SA:27, SD:31, S:30

He's Calm nature (-A, +SD), which isn't too bad for a Kecleon (he has max possible special defense on one of the better special walls of the game), but I have better combat Kecleons. Mostly use him to spread the good stats around the Ground breeding group :)

Best pokemon I've caught cold is probably my Starmie, Fasset. I got it well before I had access to Ditto, so I know it was caught as a Staryu:
HP:1, A:26, D:29, SA:28, SD:26, S:30. Timid Nature.