PDA

View Full Version : Gold pokemon in Pearl

Storm
30th April 2007, 05:28 PM
Hey all,
A bit off topic, but the other boards are quite quiet. I played Red and Gold and completed pokedex and all. I also played Ruby, but somehow it didnt really capture my attention. Now I play Pearl, I'm completely back into Pokemon. I know I can at one point get ruby-pokemon in pearl, but i'm not attachted to any. I would really like to have some of my Gold-pokemon in Pearl, so I was wondering (quite a long lead): was it possible to somehow transfer pokemon from gold to ruby, so i can also transfer them now to pearl?

DarkestLight
30th April 2007, 05:30 PM
Short answer: No.

Long [but not IN-depth] answer: You cannot trade any Pokemon from R/B/Y/G/S/C to Ru/Sa/E/Fr/Lg/D/P...(That's Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold Silver, Crystal to Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl.)

Added note. When you trade from Ru/Sa/E/Fr/Lg to D/P-its one way. You cannot trade from D/P to those games.

..Yeah, not getting technical with that answer lol.

Storm
30th April 2007, 05:34 PM
too bad :(
well, time for a fresh start then :).. and a reason to start with ruby again

rinku
30th April 2007, 05:37 PM
While it is certainly possible to transfer any pokémon on a 3rd gen cart into D/P (i.e from Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald), it is not possible to transfer pokémon from 1st or 2nd gen carts to later ones. The basic reason is that they greatly added to the data file format in the later ones, so a Red or Gold pokémon simply does not have the same numbers required for a Ruby or Pearl one.

However, if all you are after are the *species* that were found in Gold, you'll be fine. They are all available in the 3rd gen carts, mainly through Fire Red and Leaf Green, plus the Gamecube games. Celebi is the only one that is a bit of a problem to get, but it was made available through some events and the Japanese release of Pokémon Channel. Because of the wireless trading feature in Pearl, you should be able to obtain any you want, eventually.

Jeff
1st May 2007, 12:34 PM
Also, between diamond and pearl, every pokemon except the old starters and legendarys are available without transferring.