PDA

View Full Version : Need friend, plx!

Storm
30th April 2007, 05:32 PM
Hey!
So I also got my hands on Pearl, but I live in the Netherlands, so I really don't have anyone around me also playing (even if it will be out here, not much people my age - 20 - still interested in pokemon). So I was wondering if anyone would like to trade wifi-friendcodes and trade a pokemon with me, just for me to get some taste on the trading (i already love that global trade system!)..
Well, I'm really looking forward to a reply ;)!!

EDIT: oh, oh!! anyone by any chance has a low level sandshrew for trade?

Mega Horny
30th April 2007, 05:38 PM
I'd be glad to be your friend. I have no idea how to find my friend code, but...

Phoenixsong
30th April 2007, 05:40 PM
I'd do it, sure. I need more international connections so I can bring my plans for world domination to fruition. I can probably grab a Sandshrew, too, yeah.

mr_pikachu
30th April 2007, 05:41 PM
Hey, Storm! Welcome!

I'd offer you my friend code, but I haven't obtained mine yet... need to get my network set up first. However, I will say that we're about to start the TPM Battling League, which will be conducted over Wi-fi (and some tournaments using Battle Revolution, when it comes out). So people are obviously going to be exchanging friend codes there.

We already have a few people registered for the first Wi-fi tournament, which is coming up in a few days. Why don't you check it out? ^_^

Storm
30th April 2007, 05:47 PM
cool :)!
i already had all that wireless-stuff fidled out for mario kart, so i was on right away. i'm really looking forward to some global interaction, and sandshrew!
wanted to post my code right away, but my gf stole the ds to play sollitaire before sleeping.. also, she would dump me if i would play a tournament this week, because i'm not allowed to play the game longer than 2 hours a day (she's checking).. anyway! i'm sure wifi will be a blast and i'll definately be here to join it all!

Negrek
30th April 2007, 05:58 PM
Sure, my friend code is 4768 3919 1533.

No sandshrew as of now, though--I don't have access to Pal Park yet and I haven't seen any around, if they're even in the Sinnoh pokédex.

Storm
30th April 2007, 06:09 PM
Ah, she's asleep.. By the way, '42 classic games' is quite nice for your ds-collection ;)..
My code is 0902 9251 9186.
You obtain your code the first time you log in on WiFi. You can do this downstairs in the pokecenters when you already have a friend registered, or in the global trade center-thingy. If you already want to get this code I suggest you go to Starbucks for example and use their wireless internet. It's really easy to connect, just do auto-search and auto-connect.

@ Negrek: I added you. I also doubt if sandshrew is available in the sinnoh wild. Let's meet up later on this week, I'm really curious how that voicechat works!

mr_pikachu
30th April 2007, 06:14 PM
You obtain your code the first time you log in on WiFi. You can do this downstairs in the pokecenters when you already have a friend registered, or in the global trade center-thingy. If you already want to get this code I suggest you go to Starbucks for example and use their wireless internet. It's really easy to connect, just do auto-search and auto-connect.

Yeah, I know. (Actually, considering that I wrote the unofficial Wi-fi guide, I should hope so!) But my network isn't hooked up yet, since I'm about ready to leave college for summer vacation. And I'm too lazy to drive to Starbucks just to get the code.

Negrek
30th April 2007, 06:16 PM
@ Negrek: I added you. I also doubt if sandshrew is available in the sinnoh wild. Let's meet up later on this week, I'm really curious how that voicechat works!
Sure. Since I have seven badges now, hopefully I should be done with the League by the end of the week and be able to transfer stuff up.

Storm
30th April 2007, 06:20 PM
well, actually (im also at 7 badges), perhaps we could join up and just trade a pokemon for the taste of it.. just a useless one? how about now? have msn?

Negrek
30th April 2007, 06:25 PM
No, I don't. But I do have a few useless things lying around.

Storm
30th April 2007, 06:27 PM
ok, ill just connect to the trade-wifi-counter and see if you're online.. can't use voicechat, gf will be evil when i would wake her up, especially because of pokemon..

Sceptile_Master
30th April 2007, 06:27 PM
My friend code is in my sig if you want to add me. Don't have a sandshrew though unfortunately.

Negrek
30th April 2007, 06:29 PM
Sure. I'm logging on now.

Edit: Hmm, keep getting something about you failing to respond or something.

Storm
30th April 2007, 06:31 PM
hm.. i see you and apply.. but get disconnected for some error..

Storm
30th April 2007, 06:33 PM
now you see my dorky nicknames.. :p

Negrek
30th April 2007, 06:34 PM
"Parrot?" XD

Cool. It worked.

Edit: And I can see your cursor moving around. *pokes cursor*

Storm
30th April 2007, 06:38 PM
Hey! Cool to see quite some similarities still.. hold-items and moves.. Don't you just love Luxray :)?

Negrek
30th April 2007, 06:41 PM
Luxray is very cool. I wish his speed were a bit better, though... it's tiresome to move after something else, especially when you're using an electric-type, which by all rights should be faster.

Storm
30th April 2007, 06:43 PM
actually, those luxrays were quite alike.. trading them would give us both the benefit of exp-boosts in the future.. so crazy thought: perhaps we should trade those (altough he's called 'Fish'...).
if you're interested, what gender/level was yours? and which moves does it have?

Negrek
30th April 2007, 06:44 PM
Male lv. 37; moves spark/crunch/charge/roar.

You can always change the nickname, of course. XD

Storm
30th April 2007, 06:50 PM
mine is male, level 42 with crunch, thunder fang, thunder and bite (i actually almost always give them 4 pure attacks)..
hmm... but actually i really really like him :o.. would feel strange to let him go.. i should sleep on it another night (1:50 AM here) ;)!

Negrek
30th April 2007, 06:51 PM
Heh, yeah. Just PM me if you ever want to trade or chat or whatever; I'll let you know when I get ahold of a sandshrew.

classy_cat18
30th April 2007, 07:10 PM
I'll be your friend. I haven't seen a Sandshrew yet but I have a Cranidos if you want one.

Storm
1st May 2007, 03:51 AM
Cool :)! What's your code? I got a Cranidos over global trade thingy, but it turned out i used him mainly as a hm-moves-pokemon.. Thanks for the offer though!

Phoenixsong
3rd May 2007, 09:01 PM
Stupid Phoenix is forget to add her FC, yes?

0344 5812 0423, that's me.

My Pokémon seem to be higher levels than yours are, so you might not want to battle just yet... your call. I do have access to Pal Park, though (haven't actually bothered to go in yet... preparations, you know), so I can get you that Sandshrew if you still want it.

Weekends are best for me, btw. This Saturday in particular should be pretty freed up. I haven't got MSN, but if you wanted to meet up and trade sometime then that'd be okay.

Storm
4th May 2007, 01:42 AM
He Phoenix, added you. Well, I should trade my graveller to somebody and hopefully get it back again in order to make it a gollem. When you actually do it like that (so get your own pokemon back after having it send to somebody), does the game then consider it to be a traded pokemon (with the exp boost) or just your own still?

Phoenixsong
4th May 2007, 06:17 AM
Nope, still yours. What matters is the Original Trainer name and the ID number, and trading doesn't change that. I have some stuff to trade-evolve as well, so perhaps we could do that sometime?

Andrew
4th May 2007, 09:18 AM
Please see the new FriendCode request thread stickied at the top of the page.