PDA

View Full Version : The May Contest!

Chris 2.1
1st May 2007, 08:36 AM
Time for a very special contest here as we begin the month of May!

This month is a themed contest based around: you guessed it - Diamond and Pearl! We are inside a triangular contest hall with the audience towering above you on all three sides.

You may only use Pokemon from the Diamond and Pearl generation this month! It is a standard contest.

We start with 8 entrants. We start with a standard, 3-attack appeal. We will then lose four of you as we enter Round Two, where we do another standard appeal (using either the same Pokemon or a new one) with one of your new Pokemon.

We then lose 2 of you as we enter the finals, where you will duke it out over the May Ribbon!

Obviously some of you will have new Pokemon from the giveaway and some of you may have even caught some new ones at the approval tower or in the Safari Zone! Even if you have just one Pokemon you can use it in all rounds.

Good luck!

The Blue Avenger
1st May 2007, 12:37 PM
I'll be using my Vespiquen, Mint.

Mint, start by shooting a Power Gem into the air. Next, as it comes back down, shoot a Confuse Ray into it so it glows prettily before breaking it into shards with X-Scissor.

Power Gem ~ Confuse Ray ~ X-Scissor

Elec Man EXE
1st May 2007, 01:03 PM
Reserving a spot if thats OK... I'll be using my Carnivine (as thats the only thing I have that can enter :P) but he doesn't have a great moveset. It'll take some time for me to come up with something.

Chris 2.1
1st May 2007, 01:07 PM
Ok you can reserve a spot. But I nearly chose Carnivine purely because of its appeal for contests. I had a good one planned :o Anyway thats fine.

Shuppet Master
1st May 2007, 04:00 PM
Can I reserve a spot? I only have a Piplup right now - I know you said we can use it for all the rounds, but I need to figure out a good moveset for it.

Chris 2.1
1st May 2007, 04:01 PM
sure

Blademaster
1st May 2007, 06:28 PM
Reserving a spot please - I'll have my DP Pokemon soon.

EDIT: Sorry for the delay.

OK, I'll be Appealing with the newest member of Team CuleX: Psycho Plasm, the Rotom(N)!

(tosses Poke Ball; what appears to be a traffic cone surrounded by blue electricity emerges)

"Ro-tom!"

OK, Psycho Plasm, start off by conjuring up as many copies of yourself as you can with Double Team. Then, arrange yourselves in a pinwheel shape - with your antennae as the 'pins' - and fire off a combination of your Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp to create a searing stream of sparks behind each of you, with the momentum pushing you all around like one of those spinning wheel fireworks.

Move: Double Team (in a pinwheel), Centrocket (Will-O-Wisp + Thunder Wave + centrifugal force)

Andrew
1st May 2007, 06:57 PM
Drapi0z, my giant female poison scorpion will be my choice!

Giant monster! Start off with Toxic Spikes into the air, use a Whirlwind to send them higher, and finish off by smashing them with an Iron Tail when they come back down.

Crazy Elf Boy
2nd May 2007, 12:14 AM
I would also like to reserve a spot please. I will post an Attack soon

Dragonis
2nd May 2007, 11:23 AM
Alright I'm ready now. I'll send out my shiny Mothim named Kazekage.

OK Kaze lets show everyone your 'Ninja Skillz'! Start off by shrouding yourself in a think cloud of Poisenpowder. Then while your hidden from view, dissapear completly with Camouflage. After that wait untill the Poisenpowder dissipates and the crowd starts looking for you to reappear with a Flash.

~Poisenpowder~Camouflage~Flash~

Weasel Overlord
2nd May 2007, 12:39 PM
Reserving a spot with my female Shellos, Celandine! Back soon with appeal. ^_^

Elec Man EXE
2nd May 2007, 01:27 PM
You're more creative than I then, Chris. I had a heck of a time coming up with anything at all. But anyway, here be my appeal, using my male Carnivine, Blade.

Ok Blade. Start off by hovering up just a foot into the air and using Power Whip at the ground. Twist the vines around one another so you make it appear like a twisted tree trunk. Then use Growth to make the vines extend and enlarge while you float upward, so that it looks like your a tree thats growing. Keep the vines touching the ground, of course. And finally, scatter a bunch of Magical Leaves about your body, so that you finish the tree.

Power Whip ~ Growth ~ Magical Leaf

Crazy Elf Boy
2nd May 2007, 04:44 PM
I shall be using my Male Riolu Kitsune Chan

Ok Kitsune Chan start of with an Earthquake to get the ground muddled up a bit. Then show off your Force Palm to break any large spikes that formed from the earthquake. Lastly show of your coolness by finishing off with a Blaze Kick

Earthquake~Force Palm~Blaze Kick

Weasel Overlord
3rd May 2007, 05:26 AM
Okay Celandine, start things off by making yourself glow beautiful with a Mirror Coat! Then I want you to use Hidden Power to conjure up a collection of pretty orbs, and end things with a flurry of Briney water as the orbs fly outwards.

~Mirror Coat ~Hidden Power ~Brine

Chris 2.1
8th May 2007, 02:15 PM
One more person we;re waiting on I believe.

Mega Horny
8th May 2007, 04:28 PM
I'll take the last spot then, with my female Mismagius, Düstergeist.

Chris 2.1
8th May 2007, 04:31 PM
MH: Sorry I meant like...one person is left to post their appeal (Shuppet Master)

BUT

what's the harm in one more appeal? I'm letting you in just because a) one more appeal won't kill me b) Mismagius = good and c) you've had a pretty crappy tpm week so this is my way of saying chin up!

(thats english for...well, keep your chin up)

Mega Horny
8th May 2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks a billion Chris...means a lot to me.

Mismagius. If the crowd isn't creeped out enough by your aura, send a dark pulse crawling up through the air. Then, imprison the murky smoke into a spooky prism with your psychic energy. Then, send an Ominous Wind through the air, carrying the creepy shape as its imprisonment slowly wears off. Finally, once it does, the dark energy will be released, and sent flowing out along with the eerie wind, sending a chill down the spines of the audience.

Shuppet Master
11th May 2007, 04:21 PM
EDIT: You can actually have the same Pokemon in two different areas? Whoa...

All right, I apolgize. If nobody noticed that, I'll try to appeal with my Piplup.

Monica! Use Aqua Ring to form a ring of water around you, then freeze it with Blizard, and finally use Metal Claw to tear it to pieces and send the pieces flying into the air to form an icy ring in the sky!

Aqua Ring - Blizzard - Metal Claw

Blademaster
11th May 2007, 08:02 PM
I'm going to have to drop out because my Piplup is already in a battle with Chris 2.0, so I can't use it. Sorry, guys.

You DO realize that my Rotom is in a battle with Crazy Elf Boy's Riolu, and yet we're both using them in this Contest, right?

Chris 2.1
17th May 2007, 05:23 PM
The May Pokemon Contest!

Round One - Appeals!

The May Contest begun in a flourish as people crowded around to watch the display. Only the newly discovered species of Pokemon were allowed in this Contest and many fans were keen to see what these Pokemon would do.

The Blue Avenger stepped up. Moderator, Manic, Friend.

The Blue Avenger
Mint
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffb/dpffb416.png
Power Gem ~ Confuse Ray ~ X-Scissor

The mighty queen bee stepped up. Her honeycomb-esque skirt fell to the ground as she stood proudly, her tiny eyes scanning the room. Thin arms held out she managed to produce a large, sparking gem that she launched high into the air as it spun slowly.

Mint followed up with blasting a devestating sparkling beam from her eyes, guiding it into the base of the slowly spinning gem. The beam then split and burst up and out of the gem from all angles, glittering in fantastic colour.

The large Pokemon then crossed her spindly arms as, in a powerful boost she swept up and smashed the gem apart, fluttering among falling shards of glowing stone.

Score: 8.5
I'm being a bit more generous with this month, but despite that this appeal still got a really high score. Mainly because it was simple, very easy to envision and I can imagine it looking good. I did give you a little more credit for using new attacks although the effect was similar to a lot of previous appeals. Still, fantastic job.

Elec Man EXE
Blade
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa455.png
Power Whip ~ Growth ~ Magical Leaf

The leering flytrap emerged, with its large cartooned eyes and a devilish grin of thick fangs. Elec Man smiled as the Pokemon lifted off the ground cleverly, before lashing out three long tendrils that bound together and wound towards the ground, acting as a base, or ‘trunk’. Next Carnivine grew and grew, expelling a powerful organic energy as the green vines got bigger and thicker. Next, mouth aimed up, Carnivine blasted an array of shimmering coloured leaves into the air.

Score: 7.0
Quite a nice tree-like image there. The staging of it was quite arduous though. I can imagine something like this working better for a Hyper Appeal. Still a decent effort though. Personally I would have used some sort of projectile combo and have Carnivine use swallow to eat it up…show off the carnivorous characteristic. In case you wondered :p

Blademaster
Psycho Plasm
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa479.png
Double Team ~ Will-O-Wisp ~ Thunderwave

Quite an unusual Pokemon emerged; an orange entity surrounded by bright plasma coating hovered in mid-air. The creature flashed and began creating copies in a circular formation. Next, each managed to send out a flurry of powerful purple flames, igniting them all in a furiously beautiful blaze. Finally, each buzzed and crackled as they blasted off crackling webs of lightening. Each glowed powerfully as the appeal ended.

Score: 7.7
A nice appeal but will-o-wisp and thunderwave could not work at the same time. I felt such different and varied attacks needed ultimate concentration from Rotom. It isn’t like, say, quick attack and metal claw, where you can take the two characteristics and put them together. With this though I didn’t think it was possible. Despite that you did a very good job of showcasing the ghost and electric characteristics of your Pokemon and I did enjoy the appeal. It was simple.

OzAndrew
DrapiOz
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa452.png
Poison Spikes ~ Whirlwind ~ Iron Tail

The large, intimidating scorpion emerged, giving a demonic snap of its fangs. Its arms and poisonous limbs were everywhere. It began by sweeping its claws and blasting a series of spiky prickles up into the air. Next the creature huffed, puffed and expelled a swirling wind that picked the spikes and blew them around. As the wind died down, Drapion flung its shimmering tail up and smashed the spikes.

Score: 4.5
It wasn’t very good really. It was just out of place. Spikes aren’t a very interesting or useful projectile they’re ugly, painful spikes. The iron tail – a big, thick tail, trying to smash a variety of falling spikes also made it slightly dire.

Dragonis
Kazekage
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa414.png
Poison Powder ~ Camouflage ~ Flash

The large moth flapped its wings and gave a shrill cry. Instantly he flapped up a fantastic cloud of thick purple dust. Soon he became fully shrouded amongst the powder, disappearing completely. The audience watched with intrigue. Suddenly in a bright, illuminating flash, Mothim re-appeared among the powder.

Score: 6.8
It was quite an odd appeal and I did like it. However Mothim is not a Pokemon who strikes me as a camouflager – this seemed like an appeal fit for a Kecleon or something to that effect. Mothim has other traits you could exploit in an appeal. However I did enjoy it.

Crazy Elf Boy
Kitsune-Chan
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa447.png
Earthquake ~ Force Palm ~ Blaze Kick

A Riolu emerged next – this creature was young, proud and cute, barking in a yappish voice as he started the appeal. He slammed himself down into the ground, creating a large ripple across the arena. Palms out he forced a collection of energy into the ground before he swung his foot around in a blazing streak.

Score: 4.0
Since its indoors, the earthquake sort of destroyed the arena which wasn’t very nice. Overall the appeal seemed random. Look at previous contests in this subforum to see what works well.

Weasel Overlord
Celandine
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa422.png
Mirror Coat ~ Hidden Power ~ Brine
Couldn’t find the right sprite x_x

A beautiful little slug emerged, smiling playfully. She began glowing and was encased in a mirror-like glow, reflecting the light of the contest hall. Next, still glowing, Shellos unleashed a series of small orbs that flashed through a variety of colours, finally ending up as a shocking pink colour. They were released outwards as Shellos blasted a wave of foamy brine out that sloshed over the audience and raised the orbs higher.

Score: 8.8
Good work! I liked this one. Brine did soak the audience though…but it was quite a good appeal and you used the attacks well together.

Mega Horny
Düstergeist
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa429.png
Dark Pulse ~ Imprison ~ Ominous Wind

The creepy, witch-like Pokemon emerged and her face pointed up, cloak billowing behind her. She projected, from a crackling dark orb, a fizzing, smoke-like beam of energy that went straight up. Next, a rather oddly angular cube materialized, imprisoning the attack and Mismagius. The attack broke apart, becoming a thin, crackling smoke that lingered within the cube. Mismagius smirked, giving a high cry, and sending a curling, sparkling wind of gothic energy sweeping around the arena. The imprison cube twirled under the influence of the wind, ending the creepy appeal.

Score: 8.0
A nice use of ghostly attacks, characteristics and mood. Good work!

Shuppet Master
Monica
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa393.png
Aqua Ring ~ Blizzard ~ Metal Claw

Shuppet Master released his Pokemon – a small little Piplup. She emerged happily and instantly set to work. First she span around gracefully, spraying a jet of water that did not dissipate at all. The water made a long ring around Monica and began to glow a bright blue. Piplup then unleashed frosted crystals and shards of cold cold wind, freezing the aqua ring as it began to rise up the Pokemon’s body. For a moment a solid icy ring sparkled around Monica before she hopped up, span around as he claws glowed silver and tore into it, landing cutely as shards of ice rained upon her.

Score: 8.1
Great work. I liked this, you did a simple appeal but you made it more ‘DP friendly’ – Aqua Ring is a great attack for contests. You did much better than I had anticipated, and I hope you are pleased with the result!

Ok our finalists for round 2 are as follows:

Weasel Overlord - 8.8
The Blue Avenger – 8.5
Shuppet Master – 8.1
Mega Horny – 8.0
Blademaster – 7.7

Ok then! Another simple appeal, 3 attacks, just like before. Now you can use ANY D/P Pokemon you wish (as long as you have it, lol) so those of you with more than one will be at a slight advantage.

If you are using the same Pokemon again, really think about what qualities you used, and how you can do something different. Ie: if you relied on a particular shape (double teams, or freezing something, or a projectile assault) don't do it again.

Post in any order. Good luck!

Mega Horny
17th May 2007, 06:12 PM
Chris, do you mean that we can use as many Pokemon as we want if we have them and they're from DP?

Chris 2.1
18th May 2007, 11:03 AM
You can use any of your DP team members for the second and third rounds or you can still use the Pokemon from this round.

Shuppet Master
19th May 2007, 12:18 AM
(looks at results after being off-line for a week and gapes in shock) WTF??? I actually...(babbles incoherently at the results, then takes a deep breath)

Sorry about that. I was surprised I actually advanced after nearly dropping out. (Thanks to Blademaster for stopping me from making that mistake!)

Well, I did read the attack list about Aqua Ring and came up with a hasty idea. Surprised it worked. Sorry, Crazy Elf Boy. I really do like Riolu, you know. I don't think Riolu can learn Earthquake, only Luario can.

Give me until tomorrow, when I'm well rested, and I'll work out another appeal. Monica's there because she's my first and only D/P Pokemon right now. (I refuse to take others until I earn them.) This is going to be hard for a newbie to ASB like myself. *yawn*

The Blue Avenger
19th May 2007, 07:49 PM
Cool. I'll be using Count Bleck, my Spiritomb.

Count! Let's show 'em how creepy a Spiritomb can be. Start by calling an Ominous Wind and send a shiver down their spines. Next, fade into the shadows, Cheshire Cat style - leave your smile until last if you can - with Faint Attack. Make sure to laugh as creepily as you can while doing so. Finally, while they're anticipating you and while you remain invisible, shock 'em with a Dark Pulse outta nowhere.

Ominous Wind ~ Cheshire Cat Scare (Faint Attack + delayed Dark Pulse)

Shuppet Master
20th May 2007, 09:49 PM
*sighs* Well, I'd better send out my appeal before I get e-mailed by Chris and yelled at. (Tries to think about his appeal because he is going to take a shower right now...)

Okay, since she's the only D/P Pokemon I have(gotta get another soon), I'll send out Monica again.

(His Piplup emerges.)

Okay, Monica, let's try something a little different this time. Since we can't do very much outside of water and ice attacks, let's try this:

* Start by using Double Team to form an army of clones, try to create a penguin choir formation, if at all possible.
* Use Captivate to charm the audience - try to tap dance if you can while using that move.
* Finally, use Hidden Power and shoot the glowing orb into the sky. If the clones make orbs too, focus on aiming the orbs into each other to form fireworks.

Double Team ~ Captivate ~ Hidden Power

(I got inspired by the movie Happy Feet, which I saw with my mom a month ago. :D)

Weasel Overlord
27th May 2007, 05:31 AM
WAGH *crashes in horrendously late*

Okay! For this round, I shall use my female Cranidos, Koehlanna. ^___^ Although considering the lack of rocks in this damn arena... *shakes fist at lack of rocks* grrr...

Okay Koehlanna, lets show off your amazing ability to smash things with your head! Start off by making a Substitute, as large as you can without tiring yourself out too much! Follow up by Focusing your Energy, and then charge at the sub with a Head Smash to destroy it!

~Substitute ~Focus Energy ~Head Smash

Chris 2.1
29th May 2007, 12:28 PM
Just waiting on Mega now

Mega Horny
29th May 2007, 02:16 PM
Go male Magmortar, Morton.

Begin by sending a sparkling red hot lava plume up above you, and use your psychics energy to slowly spiral the heat-emanating liquid down around you, giving it a pretty shine, and finally, use barrier around yourself, which should make the shining red lava look interesting (through the barrier) and as the barrier slowly closes around yourself and the lava is closed in, the crowd will watch in amazement as it seeps back into your burning body.

Chris 2.1
29th May 2007, 03:03 PM
Just waiting on Blade now.

Blademaster
29th May 2007, 03:40 PM
Just waiting on Mega now

Just waiting on Blade now.

Oy, make up your mind!

OK, Psycho Plasm, you're up again!

Now, last time we showed off your electrical prowess; now, we're gonna show 'em what a good Ghost you are! Start off by spiting a Toxic on the floor in front of you, or, if possible, in a ring all around you. Then, ignite it with Will-O-Wisp to create a flaming wall between you and the audience, and finish by blasting through it with a deadly Dark Pulse.

Move: Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, Dark Pulse

Chris 2.1
29th May 2007, 04:14 PM
In my defence counting to 5 is hard.

The May Pokemon Contest!

Round Two - Appeals!

After Round One we were left with five finalists, many slightly amazed that they were even there. These five came on again for the next round of appeals, all hoping to push through to the finals and win that ribbon.

The Blue Avenger
Count Bleck
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa442.png
Ominous Wind ~ Faint Attack ~ Dark Pulse

A creepy force of evil surrounding a pointed stone. The mysterious Spiritomb sat in the arena, its ghostly entities swirling and sparkling. This creature alone was a good appeal. Spiritomb glowed and fired off a swift blast of sparkling, ferociously chilling wind at the audience.

Next, Bleck sparkled and, among the ominous wind dissapeared completely. As the wind died down, and the audience recovered, they noticed the Pokemon was gone. Then, out of nowhere, a pulsating beam of dark energy blasted through the sky.

Score: 8.0
Not much to say really! Another stella performance, I really liked it. Quite simple, utilizing new attacks, yea, good work!

Shuppet Master
Monica
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa393.png
Double Team ~ Captivate ~ Hidden Power

The endearing Piplup had already won the hearts of the audience. Shuppet Master sent the blue penguin out to appeal once more. First Monica glowed white and created eight copies that spread out in a circle. Next, Piplup gave an endearing cry as they tapped away rhythmatically, nodding and signalling with one another. The appeal was well recieved. Next, each clone unleashed a swirling series of orbs - some yellow and buzzing with lightening, some blue and swimming with water. Others burned a fiery red while some shimmered a metallic sheen. All the different orbs flew up to the sky and collided, sending an elemental burst of fireworks over the Piplup, who had stopped their routine.

Score: 7.4
The Hidden Power was great - I really liked it. The appeal was charming but I did feel that the tap routine, being planned, didn't test your skills as a performer. You didn't work with collaborating attacks as much and relied on the performance of the tap dance. Nevertheless it was a good appeal.

Weasel Overlord
Koehlanna
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfb/dpmfb408.png
Substitute ~ Focus Energy ~ Head Smash

The beaky-looking dinosaur emerged, giving a prehistoric cry. First Cranidos glowed and created a copy of himself. The judge yawned. Next Cranidos began focusing himself up, before leaping high and charging himself up. Energy from his skull went into a full-frontal head smash that broke the substitute in two.

Score: 5.0
I didn't really like it...just because substitute is a bit of a cliched appeal, and focus energy isn't very good to watch at all. Head Smash was good, being a rare/signature attack, but still...if you needed rocks, you could have used stealth rock.

Mega Horny
Morton
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfb/dpmfb467.png
Lava Plume ~ Psychic ~ Barrier

The large, pear-shaped spitfire Pokemon emerged, giving a grunt. Holding his head up he blasted off a large bubble of molten lava, releasing it from his mouth slowly. Like a lava lamp it bubbled and wobbled, bursting forth small globules of magma. Using psychic prowess Mortin slowed the process down, melding the lava together to surround him like a coat of fur. As the lava bubbled and frothed he began waving his hands, creating a pinkish barrier before him. The lava slowly melded into his body once more.

Score: 7.8
Yea it was a good appeal, lava plume was a good attack to use and the psychic was also nice, slowing down an otherwise fast process. Nice work.

Blademaster
Psycho Plasm
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfb/dpmfb479.png
Toxic ~ Will-O-Wisp ~ Dark Pulse

The eccentric Pokemon emerged from its Pokeball and spat up a toxic goo, spinning as it went and circling itself in bubbling gloop. Next he unleashed balls of searting purple flame that ate the toxic goop, bursting to life and forming a wall of searing violet flame. Rotom's silhouette lay within, before blasting up a column of wavering black energy.

Score: 8.1
Fantastic work. I really liked this appeal and think you've done a great job with it. Very creative!

Scores:

Blademaster: 8.1
TheBlueAvenger: 8.0

Mega Horny: 7.8
Shuppet Master: 7.4
Weasel Overlord: 5.0

Ok! TBA and Blademaster are in the finals! You can use ANY DP Pokemon for the battle rounds! 5 rounds, no banned attacks, etc!

!

The Blue Avenger
29th May 2007, 04:19 PM
Who sends out/attacks first?

Chris 2.1
29th May 2007, 04:22 PM
Erm you send out first and Blade attacks

=]

The Blue Avenger
29th May 2007, 04:31 PM
With that said, then, I'll be using Drivy Runn, my female Electivire.

Mega Horny
29th May 2007, 04:40 PM
I could complain, but I'm choosing not to. Good job, you guys...

Chris 2.1
5th June 2007, 01:51 PM
Blaaade

Blademaster
6th June 2007, 01:24 PM
Sorry. Finally got me a computer that works. Don't tell my dad, though... >>;

In other news, I'm fighting a f**king Electric TANK with THIS little butterball!? Son of a bitch...

OK, OK, Psycho Plasm, let's approach this methodically...

Start off with an Ominous Wind, and then try a Dark Pulse. End with a Shadow Ball.

Today's forecast is dark and cloudy, with a 100% chance of thunderstorms later on in the evening...

The Blue Avenger
6th June 2007, 05:02 PM
Okay, Drivy Runn, let's start things by incapacitating the thing with Thunder Wave. Continue with Toxic. Finish with Iron Tail.

Chris 2.1
11th June 2007, 01:27 PM
In my defence counting to 5 is hard.

The May Pokemon Contest!

Round Three - Battle!
Round One of Five

Electrivire
Drivy-Runn
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfb/dpmfb466.png
100% HP
100% Energy
Thunder Wave -- Toxic -- Iron Tail

VS

Rotom
Psycho Plasm
100% HP
100% Energy
Ominous Wind -- Dark Pulse -- Shadow Ball

BEGIN!

The finals were underway - in two bright flashes the Pokemon emerged; the large, bulked up Electrivire gave a chewbacca-esque roar and Rotom unleashed an endearing yet horrifying little cry.

Rotom raised its plasma-like arms and cast a dark, illuminating wind through the air, focusing the blast and swirling in delicate particles of what can only be assumed are evil. The attack smashed into Electrivire, who gave a grunt and proceded to blast off a jet of lightening that zapped Rotom and caused paralysis to set in.

Undeterred, Rotom's electrifying core turned a darker shade. A pulsating beam of throbbing, violent energy forced itself out and zoomed through the air, striking Electrivire in the chest. He took the damage well but responded by spitting out a thick splatter of toxic goop. It smothered Rotom and sank within the Pokemon's entity.

Electrivire charged powerfully as Rotom prepared to attack; however his internal paralysis was hampering his attack's speed. Electrivire leapt up, both cables forming into a thick, glowing wire that he swung around, smashing into Rotom and hurling across the arena. Rotom blasted the shadow ball, which hit the electric tank back.

END!

Electrivire
Drivy-Runn
82% HP
89% Energy
Attack First

VS

Rotom
Psycho Plasm
90% HP
88% Energy
Poisoned and Paralysed
Attack Second

NOTES

-Toxic damage doubles each round. 2%, 4%, 6%, 8%, 10%-
-Paralysis will slow Rotom down in performing attacks, but attacks such as those used this round will not trigger paralysis as much as say, thief or return-
-Electrivire and all big Pokemon DO get a slight increase in damage dealt. This is because, let's face it, his thunderpunch will hurt more than a Pichu performing the attack-
-Any more Q's, let me know-

Did you know GASTLY can learn T-Punch!?

The Blue Avenger
24th June 2007, 05:05 PM
Sorry about the wait there, guys.

Drivy Runn, use Torment, Psychic, Flamethrower. Close your eyes against Confuse Ray, Protect against Toxic or Thunder Wave.

Chris 2.1
29th June 2007, 06:37 AM
Your turn to post Blade

Blademaster
29th June 2007, 01:34 PM
Hit that whatever-it-is with a Shadow Ball, then eat away at its energy with Thunder Wave, followed by Toxic.

Chris 2.1
22nd July 2007, 05:25 PM
JESUS CHRIST ITS BEEN A MONTH SINCE I REFFED THIS!

Sorrysorrysorrysorry

The May Pokemon Contest!

Round Three - Battle!
Round Two of Five

Electrivire
Drivy-Runn
82% HP
89% Energy
Torment -- Protect -- Protect

VS

Rotom
Psycho Plasm
90% HP
88% Energy
Poisoned and Paralysed
Shadow Ball -- Thunder Wave -- Toxic

Knowing fine well that the beginning of the 2007 Grand Festival DEPENDED on this match being finished, and also reminding himself that he was setting a truly gut-wrenching example, Chris 2.0 hurriedly typed away as the latest chapter of his fanfic remained unworked on for another night.

Rotom's fizzling insides squirmed as the being charged up a crackling orb of fantastic, demonic shapes. Launching it forward it struck Electrivire in the chest; he gave a wheezing roar and bellowed a number of tormenting words at Rotom. Feeling the effect, Rotom looked somewhat hurt, but nevertheless scarred by the Torment.

Rotom's plasma crackled with life as a delicate web of lightening burst forth and soared towards Drivy Run. The beast held his hands out and created a protective shield, holding it up as much as he could against the jousting needles of electricity.

The electric Pokemon was disheartened when he saw Rotom spit an array of sickly toxic pellets at him, too. Maintaining the protect shield, he tried to endure the round, but he was out of strength; protect was hard to use in sucession and he groaned as he fell back. Toxic splattered into his fur and melted into his skin as he clutched his chest.

Electrivire
Drivy-Runn
73% HP
75% Energy
Poisoned
Attack Second

VS

Rotom
Psycho Plasm
86% HP
75% Energy
Poisoned and Paralysed
Attack First

Blademaster
23rd July 2007, 12:21 PM
OK, Plaz, we're in the lead - let's try and keep it that way!

Use Will-O-Wisp to cripple that mutant tiger further or make it waste a move, then use Shadow Ball followed by Dark Pulse.

Evade any Super-Effective attacks or status effects with Double Team.

Move: Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse
Sub: Double Team (as needed)

The Blue Avenger
27th July 2007, 05:02 PM
Okay, Drivy, before it can burn you, use Taunt. Then, use two Hidden Power: Darks to make him try (and hopefully fail) to use Double Team.

Chris 2.1
27th July 2007, 05:35 PM
The May Pokemon Contest!

Round Three - Battle!
Round Three of Five

Electrivire
Drivy-Runn
73% HP
75% Energy
Poisoned
Taunt -- Hidden Power x2

VS

Rotom
Psycho Plasm
86% HP
75% Energy
Poisoned and Paralysed
Will-O-Wisp -- Shadow Ball -- Dark Pulse

Rotom cackled happily in what could only be an affectionate way. Flames curled around him as Drivy taunted loudly; "Vire Vire Vire! Electrivire!" and so on. Rotom was deeply offended, choosing to go on the offensive, but his attack had already sped off out his control and slammed into the large electric engine.

Electrivire clasped his hands together, summoning a fleet of white orbs. They simmered down to a vivid purple and bolted towards Rotom, striking him but not dealing much damage. He responded with a whizzing shriek of his name and blasted a shadow ball at Electrivire.

Not happy, the big electric Pokemon fired off the purple orbs again, which struck Rotom. He took the attack, although it was clear he was tiring. He blasted off a dark pulse, the crackling, pulsating beam smashing right into Electrivire as the round ended.

Electrivire
Drivy-Runn
67% HP
65% Energy
Hidden Power type: poison
Poisoned (Recieves 6% next round)
Burned (Recieves 2% each round)
Attack First

VS

Rotom
Psycho Plasm
70% HP
59% Energy
Poisoned (8% next round)
Paralysed (Moving is harder)
Taunted (Can only use attacking moves)
Tormented (Cannot use attacks in sucession)
Attack Second

The Blue Avenger
27th July 2007, 06:10 PM
Psychic, Hidden Power Dark, Iron Tail.

Chris 2.1
27th July 2007, 07:17 PM
Hidden Power cannot be chosen like that TBA. When it is used the Pokemon has that type HP for the rest of that match. So for the rest of the match Electrivire has Hidden Power Poison.

The Blue Avenger
27th July 2007, 07:54 PM
Okay, Drivy, before it can burn you, use Taunt. Then, use two Hidden Power: Darks to make him try (and hopefully fail) to use Double Team.

But, I used HP Dark the first time?

Blademaster
27th July 2007, 10:23 PM

Sorry, Jeff, but I think the random number generator or whatever disagrees with you. :sweat2:

The Blue Avenger
28th July 2007, 07:39 AM
Ahh, right, it's random. Can't believe I forgot that.

In that case, my attack orders are:

Psychic, Flamethrower, Iron Tail.

Chris 2.1
28th July 2007, 07:39 AM
Electrivire clasped his hands together, summoning a fleet of white orbs. They simmered down to a vivid purple and bolted towards Rotom, striking him but not dealing much damage

You ordered a HP Dark but as I said, HP generates a random type. The type changes each match, so in another match (or a previous one) Electrivire will have a different type.

Blademaster
28th July 2007, 02:00 PM
Hang in there, Plaz! We can beat this guy!

Use your own Hidden Power; if it comes out Ground by some miracle, save it for later. In the meantime, vent your Frustration on that Taunting, Tormenting, Paralyzing, Poisoning freak of nature, and then slam it with either another Hidden Power (if it's Ground) or a Shadow Ball (if it's anything else).

Move: Hidden Power, Frustration, Hidden Power (if first Hidden Power is Ground)
Sub: ----------------, ------------, Shadow Ball (if first Hidden Power is not Ground)

The Blue Avenger
29th July 2007, 02:27 PM
You ordered a HP Dark but as I said, HP generates a random type. The type changes each match, so in another match (or a previous one) Electrivire will have a different type.

Yeah, yeah, I figured it out eventually. ^^;

Chris 2.1
1st August 2007, 01:53 PM
The May Pokemon Contest!

Round Three - Battle!
Round Four of Five

It was the penultimate round of the May Contest and both The Blue Avenger and Blade were fighting furiously to try and win the ribbon for this month[s]. Rotom and Electrivire were both under a considerable number of status effects as the match rattled on.

Electrivire
Drivy-Runn
67% HP
65% Energy
Poisoned (Recieves 6% next round)
Psychic -- Flamethrower -- Iron Tail

VS

Rotom
Psycho Plasm
70% HP
59% Energy
Poisoned (8% next round)
Hidden Power -- Frustration -- Hidden Power [Sub: Shadow Ball]

Electrivire blasted a psychic attack at Rotom, striking him hard; Rotom managed to get back up and decided to charge up a hidden power; the orbs span around him like woven silk before solidifying and changing to an eerie, dark purple. Rotom realized it was not a ground-type Hidden Power but the attack was released; he was not able to change his attack before learning of the type. The ghost-type attack smashed into Electrivire, striking his burned areas and causing him more pain.

He shook his head and clenched his fists; flaming energy burst from his mouth in a twisting barrel of power. The attack swept into Rotom, causing good damage and giving the little plasma an odd, shiny burn around his face. Angered, Rotom ran forward with frustration, but his paralysis kicked in and he stopped in the middle of the arena, sparks shooting through his entity and causing him to stop his attack.

Noticing this, Electrivire ran forward powerfully, leaping up as his two cable-like tails merged into a silvery mass that he swung into Rotom, smashing him hard and flinging him back across the arena. Landing against the floor, Rotom, who now knew what his Hidden Power was, charged up a shadow ball, creating the big swirling orb of umbra and shadow before launching it at Drivy Run and striking into him.

The last round drew closer as Round 4 ended.

Electrivire
Drivy-Runn
45% HP
41% Energy
Hidden Power type: Poison
Poisoned (Recieves 8% next round)
Attack Second

VS

Rotom
Psycho Plasm
39% HP
53% Energy
Hidden Power type: Ghost
Poisoned (10% next round)
Attack First

Notes
I thought it was unfeesable for Rotom to change to shadow ball in action 1 since Hidden Power would have to be used in order for us to know what attack it was. But Shadow Ball was still used in action 3.

Blademaster
1st August 2007, 03:20 PM
This is it... This is the end...

The end for that Electivire, that is!

If I've interpreted our ref's style correctly, Hidden Power does more damage than Shadow Ball, but I can't be certain...

Then we'll just have to use both! Float up high in the air, out of reach of any potential Ground attacks, and use Hidden Power again, then fire off an immediate Shadow Ball, and end by venting every last ounce of your Frustration on that thing! If you feel too numb to pull that off, then just blast him with Hidden Power one more time.

We may not win, but we're gonna go down fighting! :mad:

Move: Levitating Hidden Power, Shadow Ball, Frustration
Sub: ---------------------------, -------------, Hidden Power

The Blue Avenger
1st August 2007, 05:06 PM
Okay, Drivy Runn, let's do this right. Use double Flamethrowers, then use Protect to block Frustration.

Chris 2.1
1st August 2007, 06:24 PM
Blade: Actually Shadow Ball did 7% damage and HP did 5%.

The May Pokemon Contest!

Round Three - Battle!
Round Five of Five

This was it. Round Five. Numero.....five. The last round of the longest contest in history had begun, with the two Pokemon (one big, one small) raring to go. Two egos (one small, one big) brooded deeply as the audience watched the last chapter unfold...

Electrivire
Drivy-Runn
45% HP
41% Energy
Poisoned (Recieves 8% next round)
Flamethrower x2 -- Protect

VS

Rotom
Psycho Plasm
39% HP
53% Energy
Poisoned (10% next round)
Hidden Power -- Shadow Ball -- Frustration

Rotom began to hover off the ground, levitating quite easily with his ghost-like prowess and lack of feet. Another Hidden Power was blasted off, striking Drivy Run and causing him to relentlessly ambush Rotom with a jet of flame. Rotom gave a squeak and retalliated accordingly.

A shadow ball was charged up; the fantastic ball of dark matter swept down and smashed into Electrivire, smashing him over the head like a sinister melon thanks to Rotom's position in the air. Electrivire retalliated by blasting a second flamethrower, which smothered Rotom momentarily.

Having decided enough was enough, Rotom crackled with dark sparks as anger welled up inside him. Like a little cheeky bullet he sped through the air, sweeping forward as sparks trailed behind him. Electrivire effortlessly erected a round shield that expelled Rotom, causing his attempt to physically relieve himself of his abusive parents to fail.

Electrivire smirked, Rotom sailed back to his side of the arena and the match officially ended.

Electrivire
Drivy-Runn
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa466.png
23% HP
20% Energy
Poisoned (Recieves 10% next round)
Winner!

VS

Rotom
Psycho Plasm
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa479.png
15% HP
34% Energy
Poisoned (12% next round)
2nd Place

Therefore, with 23%HP, The Blue Avenger and Electrivire are the winners!!

TBA you get 4 points and the May ribbon, attached below. You've also got entry into the Grand Festival but....well, you had it anyway ^^

Thanks a lot guys!

The Blue Avenger
1st August 2007, 06:42 PM
Awesome. Good game, Blade, and thanks for the prompt reffings, Chris. :D

Blademaster
1st August 2007, 09:37 PM
I thought HP and Energy were added and whoever had the higher total sum was the winner... (puts on thinking face)

Wait, someone said somewhere that I have TWO Ribbons!? O.O

(runs to check the Hall of Fame)

Thankseverybodygreatmatchjeffgottarunbye...!

The Blue Avenger
1st August 2007, 09:49 PM
Blade: Nope, energy only comes into account if HP is tied.