PDA

View Full Version : Dark Sage versus Hinoryu (Ref Needed)

Dark Sage
1st May 2007, 05:53 PM
Yep, I'm making a challenge to one of my most loyal fanfic fans.

Here are the terms:

Pokemon: Four, one out at a time. No pokemon past their second evolution. (I know he only has first forms anyway.)

DQ Time: One week

Disallowed Moves: Rest, Mimic, Perish Song, Destiny Bond, and direct status inflictors (Toxic and Thunder Wave are not allowed, Body Slam is okay) any direct healers (Recover is not allowed, Giga Drain is fine). If he wants to add anything, fine.

Other: We PM our first choice to the referee, so there is no intentional type-trumping. Who goes first is chosen at random.

Arena: I'll let my opponent decide.

I await your response. Can we get a referree?

Hinoryu
1st May 2007, 06:50 PM
This will be interesting. I accept. No additional terms.

May the best tactician win.

Dark Sage
1st May 2007, 06:53 PM
Okay, now all we need is a ref...

And it's up to you to choose an arena.

Hinoryu
1st May 2007, 07:29 PM
You say this, but I'm not sure you're ready for my habit of making incredibly overcomplicate arenas.

Hm... Well, it's always fun to take areas from obscure animes. How about the Seasonal Fukumaden from Onmyou Taisenki.

It's a large field, roughly 500 meters. Yes, big place, no worries about running out of bounds. The entire field is covere in cherry trees. In the very center is a small pagoda. However, the interesting thing is that, north of the pagoda is springtime, east is summer, south is autumn, and west is winter. The spring area would be a normal battlefield, the summer area has something along the lines of a permanent Sunny Day effect, the autumn area is very dry and thus would be much more vulnerable to burning, and the winter area has about a foot of snow, hampering movement, but increasing the power of Ice moves, and freezing Water ones.

Sound good?

Dark Sage
1st May 2007, 07:35 PM
Can't say I ever saw it, but okay.

Hinoryu
1st May 2007, 07:40 PM
That's to be expected, honestly. I saw it when I went to Japan a couple years ago and was intrigued. When I found it fansubbed, I was pretty much amazed that someone else had ever heard of it.

It's pretty good, though, especially for a mythology nut like me.

But I'm getting off-topic. How does one go about properly begging for a referee?