PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Team

Slaking master
8th April 2003, 11:57 AM
Really Really hope i get help from that guy who won that touranment he name begins wit a T:).His team was Wow amazing:). I will really like any help given ,unlike some people i can take advice.

Slaking@Leftovers

Hyper beam
icebeam
flamethrower
earthquake

role: starter

I know what the standard set for him is,The Only way i am changing it 2 that ,if i decide not 2 make him the starter.He makes a good starter he is faster blaziken,glalie,altaria.Once it takes out opponent starter i am happy anything esle is a bonus.

Milotic

Surf
safeguard
ice beam
recover

Claydol@focus band

psychic
explosion
comso power
light screen

Hariyama@chesto berry

Trait:thick fat
Brick break
whirlwind
earthquake
rest

Salamence

dragon claw
Crunch
Aerial ace
?
My sweeper

I don't know who 2 put in the last spot on my team.i was the thinking a annoyer or a really fast pokemon.I think i might have probelms with water pokemon.So I am leaning towards a sceptile.The only pokemon i would change on my team in is salamence.

Vega
8th April 2003, 12:09 PM
due to the fact that a lotta ppl are so narrow minded, Slaking will be banned coz it has the same base stats as Kyorge and Salamence coz he has the same base stats as Latios/as

stickachu
8th April 2003, 12:21 PM
I'd be quite upset if Slaking were banned in tournaments. His trait makes up for his HUGE stats (unlike Kyogre, who has great stats, and no debilitating weakness) anyway... i should rate...

I'm not sure about ice beam on slaking... all the starters i can think of would be taken care of by flamethrower or earthquake. (except altaria) Maybe put shadow ball there, or slack off or yawn. Slaking can do more than just take out starters, why not let him? If you're that worried about altaria, then go with ice beam, though i doubt altaria could survive a hyper beam.

Milotic - yawn.

Claydol - sure. It would be nice for it to have earthquake, but you do what you can, right? Light screen and cosmic power are redundant though... I realize that you wanna pass light screen but still...

Hariyama - sure

Don't use sceptile unless you plan on dropping salamence. The ice weakness would be too much.

EDIT: and I hope we can all be blessed with help from the undefeated, best trainer ever. Because we are all stupid Noobs who need help learning how to use all legendaries and powerful, inaccurate, low PP moves.

Vega
8th April 2003, 12:34 PM
what about Salamence/Draggy/T-tar?? should they be banned too coz most of the ppl here want Latios/Latias to be banned, they have pretty much the same movepools. should all those pokemon be banned as well?

Slaking master
8th April 2003, 12:39 PM
I hope not.I Don't think it will happen because most new players see and think it sucks because of it trait and most vets know how 2 counter it.That way i see it

When i was deciding 2 put slaking as the starter on my team i found out there 7 pokemon faster than it Ninjask(152),electrode (140) swellow (140) Sceptile and alakazam (120),starmie(115) starmie(115)

And seven the same speed as Slaking (100). They r flygon,salamence,raichu,linoone,ninetail,tentacrue l,and dodrio.

Out those 14, i see only three tentacruel,flygon and salamence surving the the first hit and living.

stickachu
8th April 2003, 12:43 PM
oh? so this is becoming a legendary debate? cool, i can deal with that...

And sorry if this is messing up your thread slaking. if it is, just tell me.

Okay...

First off, T-tar, Salamence, and Dragonite ALL sport 4x weaknesses (T-tar to fighting, the dragons to ice). Latios and Latias don't. Also, Lati*s are a combination of what are widely considered two of the most powerful types, dragon and psychic.
But I guess the real question here is stats and playability. With the Lati*s stats and move capabilities, I actually have no problem using them in actual matches. Latias is more of a support pokemon than a sweeper anyway. The real problem is when the soul dew comes up. Currently, you can't legally have the soul dew, but you will be able to soon. And when that happens, the stats of the Lati*s become INCREDIBLE. Enough so that they should be considered unfair for play. In conclusion... Latios and Latias are fine for battling, as long as they don't have the soul dew.

This is my opinion, disagree if you wish...

Chaotic
8th April 2003, 12:48 PM
What do you mean you can't legally have the Soul Dew? I thought there was a chance the Latis would be holding it when you caught it....

Can it only be sharked? If it is only available through Sharking right now then at least I don't have to feel bad for not having it...

stickachu
8th April 2003, 12:50 PM
I'm fairly certain that you can only get it at souther island (eon / infinity island) and there's no legal way to get there yet.

Vega
8th April 2003, 12:56 PM
god i hate arguing with you, you always raise some annoyingly good points.

bah, Latios/as should not be banned!!!!

Slaking master
8th April 2003, 01:07 PM
I have tried 2 use hyper beam on altaria before i don't think it when down,but that was in the elite four and it was 10 levels higher than my slaking.i will try it agian see what happens.

I don't think anything with a 4 weakness 2 ice should be banned.T tar has 2 many weakness 2 be banned either. If the game had all pokemon in it Kyogre doesn't become that big of a probelm 2 me.Mewtwo,Snorelax, and blissey in previous games has messed up people thinking.This game is well balanced, but i understand some people go over board with Legendary pokemon(like a person who posted team with 6 legends on team even though team clearly had bad sets and no real strategy it would still beat some teams bcuz of its power).I rather hear 1 lengend on your team if any ,than a ban them all.

stickachu
8th April 2003, 01:37 PM
If hyper beam doesn't work, then yeah, use ice beam. And could you tell me? I'm kinda curious...

As for the legendaries.. you're right. Pokemon like mewtwo and curselax (and even FishTauros) have skewed our perception of teams. The closest thing we have that's obtainable is Kyogre, and I believe that Kyogre SHOULD be banned. As for the lesser legendaries... I'm not sure. I think it would be a mistake to use more than one or two on a team, and not just because some would call it cheap. Most of the legendaries are designed to be sweepers, and we all know a team of all sweepers will not fare well against a strategy team.

Slaking master
8th April 2003, 02:13 PM
Hyper Beam works on Altaria(my slaking was 50 and it was at 54), it drops like a fly.I guess will use yawn instead of ice beam.

Kokomo
8th April 2003, 03:58 PM
Out those 14, i see only three tentacruel,flygon and salamence surving the the first hit and living.

Does anyone even put any thought into the effort value system?

Slaking master
8th April 2003, 05:08 PM
All i was saying out of all the pokemon faster than slaking and the ones with the same speed.Look at the list there and see how many would live throught a hyper beam or a earthquake, two salamence and tentacruel.I was just making the case for him being a good starter.Yes u can put effort in to defense,sp def but y but look those guys it does make any sense.