PDA

View Full Version : ditto and breeding

Storm
2nd May 2007, 10:42 AM
I didn't finish the game yet, just caught that legy from the box-cover. Still I was already wondering if Ditto can be caught in the game, or should be transfered via the pall park?
Also, is it true a Ditto wil breed with every male and female, or just the females?

Poryhedron
2nd May 2007, 10:57 AM
In past games, at least, Ditto could breed with males and females alike. That's a very large part of what made it so useful; you say your starter is male? No problem! Breed it with a Ditto until you get a female child! It's actually impossible to get a Ditto egg; the egg will be the non-Ditto species regardless of which gender that parent is (including genderless!) and two Ditto put together don't even breed. I highly doubt they'll change this in DP since Ditto is the only way to breed genderless pokémon like Magnemite and Staryu.

Number1ChanseyFan
2nd May 2007, 11:11 AM
To find a Ditto, you will need to get the PokeRadar for Professor Oak when you get to the Pal Park. Then, use the PokeRadar in grassy areas of Route 218, and you may encounter a Ditto.

Sceptile_Master
2nd May 2007, 03:39 PM
Dittos can breed with females, males and even genderless pokemon.

rinku
2nd May 2007, 09:51 PM
There are a handful of "no egg" pokémon which cannot breed at all, like most legendaries and babies. Apart from these and Ditto itself, you can breed anything with a Ditto. We would have heard from the Japanese release if it had changed in DP.