PDA

View Full Version : HM (still to come) T

Storm
4th May 2007, 02:06 AM
Hey,

So to do what the kinky lady from the elite four in gold/silver told me, I will go and try to win with my favourites.

Now then... Those would be:

Charizard
Luxray
Tyranitar
Sandslash
Gyarados
Alakazam

Still I'm thinking of keeping my all time favourite Sandshrew out of the team, and just let him be my pet pokemon I sometimes take to contests. What type of pokemon would I then use to fill the gap he leaves?

Poryhedron
4th May 2007, 12:01 PM
(performs weakness analysis) I fully support your decision to switch out Sandshrew because, with it, you have a 3x weakness to Water. Without it, you have 2x weaknesses to:

Bug (Tyranitar, Alakazam)
Electric (Charizard, Gyarados)
Ground (Luxray, Tyranitar)
Rock (Charizard, Gyarados)
Water (Charizard, Tyranitar)

Also, if your opponent uses Gravity you will suddenly have a 3x weakness to Ground due to Charizard.

I thus recommend that Sandslash's replacement not be weak to any of those types.

Storm
4th May 2007, 04:51 PM
A steelpokemon like that metal spider or steelix would be good for example?

Poryhedron
4th May 2007, 06:14 PM
A steelpokemon like that metal spider or steelix would be good for example?

Ouch, not at all! Steel-types are weak against Ground. Also, they aren't resistant to Water, so Steelix would give you a 3x Water weakness.

The steel spider, on the other hand...I don't recall that one, but is it Steel/Bug like Scizor and Forretress? If it is, it's not weak against Ground because bugs resist Ground. In fact, Bug/Steel types only have one defensive weakness: fire.

Perfect Chaos
4th May 2007, 08:34 PM
I think he meant Metagross but that doesn't help either since that will give him 3x weakness to Ground and Bug.

Hmm...I think you might have to drop either Charizard or Gyarados (my reccomendation) since both of their half-Flying types give you somewhat of a hindrance.

Or you could add in a Ghost-type. I think that might work out best if you don't want to get rid of Charizard or Gyarados. Unfortunately, my favorite Ghost-type (Banette) really got the shit end of the stick in D/P. I would recommend going with either Gengar or Dusknoir.

http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa094.png@Leftovers/???
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb

http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa477.png@Leftovers
Mean Look
Confuse Ray/Will-O-Wisp
Toxic
Rest/Substitute

OR

Focus Punch
Shadow Punch/Shadow Ball
Will-O-Wisp
Rest/Substitute

Storm
5th May 2007, 02:42 AM
Ouch, not at all!

I really should start learning that stuff myself :).. Past days playing Pearl still had to call my lil' brother to ask him what was effective against what type and all.
I always really did like scyter, so scizor would be a real good option for me. Also, I'm not that sure about Gyarados, he's cool, but I never really fought with one before, since I actually don't like watertypes too much. What is the name of that waterpokemon that was really rare to catch in r/s/e, there were only some 'piles' in that water near that route where it was raining all the time where you could find it, randomly different for every cardridge?

Crazy Elf Boy
5th May 2007, 06:32 AM
The pokemon you are probably thinking of is Feebas. It is only found on the route with the weather institute and only in 6 squares of all that water by fishing