PDA

View Full Version : A stupid walkthrough

Houndoom_Lover
4th May 2007, 04:22 PM
Hey, ya'll ^_^. Now, we are all aware of walkthrough books. I, myself, am very fond of them. I have some for games I don't even own, but anyway, I recently got one of those Nitendo Power ones and it was 50% useful and 50% crap! It didn't explain half the pokemon and ended at the 'end' of the game. How useful is that? I enjoy the flavor text about the pokemon most of all in walkthroughs and there was only three or seven in this one...how disapointing.

Shuppet Master
6th May 2007, 11:17 PM
Is that the guide you can pre-order? I paid good money for it(and even had to use my mom's card) and found out that THERE IS NO POKEDEX! They don't give the moves for any Pokemon save the three starters, which is stupid. The only thing that guide is a large walkthrough filled with columns pointing out places to go for side-quests and stuff. :@

mr_pikachu
8th May 2007, 01:22 AM
Honestly, the guides for Pokemon games are rarely worth their weight in recyclable paper. It's a better idea to use some other source for your gaming needs - online walkthroughs are nice, if you can find a good one.

The last Pokemon guide I bought was for Crystal. It was fairly good, but I only bought it after very close scrutiny. After all, the guide I bought for Gold/Silver was completely worthless since it ended before the fourth Gym, had an utterly worthless Pokedex, and was loaded with completely false information (such as what Pokemon could and could not be bred). I've heard about similar problems with the fourth generation guides, although nothing to quite the same degree of severity.

So, yeah. To make a long story short, if you're going to buy a Pokemon guide... let the buyer beware.