PDA

View Full Version : Greatest battles ever waged... Gen 3 edition!

Jeff
6th May 2007, 10:14 PM
*Steals SupremeChampion's idea*

I was going to post this there, but considering I can't remember any great battles I fought back in GSC, but can remember one from Emerald, I decided to make a RSEFRLG version of that thread.

OK, so my greatest battle ever waged in a 3rd Generation game would have to be the one at the end of Victory Road in Emerald. So there I was, near the end of VR. I had recognized that part of it well from Ruby as I had trained there countless times before. Knowing that I had beaten Wally at the beginning rather than the end, I was expecting to make a clean run straight out of the cave. It was a good thing too, I had only 5 pokemon left, and they had been worn down, and the last thing I wanted to do was have them all faint and have to start over. Little did I know that there were two trainers waiting to engage me in a double battle under the bridge.

With my pokemon already weakened, the battle was intense, I had been reduced to just my Swampert and not a Revive on me. My opponents still had Slaking and Dusclops, and of course Dusclops knew Skill Swap. I was able to take out the already-weakened Slaking before it could cause major damage to me, which left Swampert against Truant Dusclops. For a moment, I felt like I was going to walk away with a relatively easy win (except for the losing four pokemon part). Then the unthinkable happened, something I completely forgot to factor in, Dusclops used skill swap on Swampert. Even worse, it knew Toxic and every time I used an Antidote, Dusclops was quick to reapply it. I kept repeating to myself "I'm so screwed" over and over, but thakfully, due to some less-than-intelligent AI, Dusclops occasionally skill-swapped Truant back onto itself. That was my window to get in some attacks between healings. I still remember that final Mud Shot (I was out of Surf) that took down Dusclops, and the sigh of relief I breathed after, what I consider my greatest in-game victory in any pokemon game. That night Victory Road truly lived up to its name. And yes, I did make it safely to the pokemon league building after that.

Shadow Djinn
6th May 2007, 10:30 PM
It's not really the 'greatest', I'm just amazed at how dumb the AI was. Today I was playing Leaf Green, and having transferred most of my team to Diamond, I had a 43 Dugtrio, a 44 Raichu, a 23 Pinsir, and a 29 Slowpoke when I was walking around Power Plant. I saw Zapdos and figured it was worth a shot, forgetting to save before I started fighting him. Dugtrio died after reducing Zapdos to half HP, so I sent out Raichu, whose moveset couldn't do much damage against Zapdos, so I resorted to spamming Flash. Two Flashes were pulled off before he died as well, so I sent out Pinsir.

I looked at his moveset and was surprised to see Seismic Toss. Remembering its damage = pokemon's level, I used it, reducing the Zapdos to the red. All the while Zapdos was spamming Agility. I started throwing ultra balls until I ran out, and during that time he used Detect, which failed, several thunder waves that missed, and another few agilities, not once bothering to Drill Peck Pinsir. Moving onto Great Balls, I was down to my last one, with Zapdos still using passive skills before I caught it. That was the best luck I'd ever received in a pokemon game. Really amazes me how stupid the AI can be sometimes.

Zallarion
10th May 2007, 02:15 PM
Wowa... That had to be though.. My greatest battle has to be yesterday... pokemon league.. me v.s green,
my strongest pokemon was lvl 62 my weakest was lvl 34 two legendary birds(moltres and articuno) my pidgot lvl 45and my dragonair lvl 36.so there i was defeated lance with using 7 revives and i was down to 3 evives..
i saved.. first pokemon' my dragonair v.s. his guarados, i was training my dragonair.. and it wasn't strong enoug yet.. so i swapped him for my snorlax lvl 34, i used yawn, and took a a hyper beam.. the n he felt asleep.. because my snorlax was heavily damaged i used rest. with the smart thought reviving him with pokeflute.., what i didn't know it waked op you'r oponent too..
so.. another hyper beam.. and i used yawn again.. BAM guarados to sleep.. i swapped him for my lvl 61 charizard.. and took him out with some fire blasts.. the other pokemon were everything but easy.. but i did make it, and i ended up in the most cliche situation I ever was in.. my charizard v.s gary's blastoise.. no revives left.. my charizard almost fully healed no more wing attack or slash knowing he could know hydropump i had to take him out fast, i attacked with fire blast.. he was damaged for 25 procent.. he used hydro pump.. he missed, i used fire blast another 25 procen the used withdraw and he increased his defence.., i used flame thrower and i did like 7 procent damage..he used hydropump he missed again. i felt so lucky, i thought this is it.. this is the count.... but there it was..
he had 35/40 procent hp left.. i used fire blast... this was it.. win or die.. i've gotten so frigging far.. critical hit..i won..I WON!!=D

that was my greatest battle.. someone else? this should be a sticky=D

Jeff
29th May 2007, 01:40 PM
Oh, I almost forgot about one I had back in the Battle Tower in Ruby. I had heard about how good Wobbuffet was in Gen 3 thanks to Encore and Shadow Tag, so I decided to use one in the Battle Tower, all was going good until I came up against another Wobbuffet. If you've never had a Wobbuffet vs. Wobbuffet battle, it's not fun. Neither trainer can switch out or attack. Thankfully I had leftovers and my opponent didn't so I was able to whittle down thier HP with Struggle. I can only imagine what would have happened if the other Wobby did have Leftovers, they would have been locked in battle forever, or I would have to forfeit my streak.

Zallarion
10th June 2007, 09:57 AM
Lol, that's actually pretty funny..

A PokemonMaster
18th June 2007, 12:13 PM
I have a miracle one to tell...I was playing Leaf Green I was in the Pokemon League battling the champ. It was an even battle throughout the match till I was facing my rivals Arcanine. I was down to my Charzard which was extremly weak at the time. I was withred down to only 1 blast burn, and I knew that if this missed I was going to lose...the only thing was was that Arcanine was only down to about 3/4 health so I had to get a critical hit or I was gonna lose. I used my blast burn and...well...it hit. His hp was going down slowly...1/2...1/4...0. I was like OMG!!!! I couldn't believe it it hit and it wasn't even a critical hit, but I won. That was truely the best battle I ever waged.