PDA

View Full Version : The Werewolf Game Revival [Game] (Mod Approved)

Plantae
7th May 2007, 08:28 PM
We were organizing a game of Witch Trials (a variant of this) a while back but it never got off the ground. Successful in the past, this game just needs the boost of new recruits, so I am restarting the thread. Below are the rules of this forum game, which has been run successfully countless times. If interested, please post a reply to this thread to say so. If you have any questions, please send me a private message.

THE WEREWOLF GAME
The Werewolf Game is a forum game, at the start of which each player is informed of their "role." A player's role determines the side they play on, with most being humans and a few being werewolves. No players, save werewolves, know the roles of others when the game starts. The game proceeds over a thread by posting and usually begins as follows.

Day
Day is a period of time lasting twenty-four real-time hours in which players vote. The game starts on the first day. The objective of the players is to kill all the werewolves and to do so they must discuss their suspicions during day. Finding a werewolf involves searching voting patterns and small subtle hints in posts; as they act in a "pack," any such activites can be viewed as possible cause for lycanthropy. If a werewolf, a player tries to manipulate the vote, targetting non-werewolves in the least suspicious way possible. If a player does not vote then he/she gets a doom vote. Once a player receives three doom votes, they are killed.

Once a player has decided on who their suspicions rest, they place a vote in bold which says who they want to be eliminated from the game. The player with the majority of these votes is eliminated and any tie is decided randomly. Once this is complete, the game proceeds into its second phase.

Night
During night, werewolves get to make their own personal elimination. Communicating either through private message or some other means (e-mail or instant messenger) they decide on who to kill. They all private message the bolded name of this player to the host. Some other roles have abilities that can be used during night, and they are detailed below.

Roles
Human - This player has no special powers. They seek to eliminate the werewolves.
Werewolf - The abilities of the werewolves are detailed above. They act as villagers during day and seek to outnumber the human side.
Seer - The seer may send a private message with the bolded name of one player to the host each night. The host then reveals the role of this player to the seer. The seer assists the humans.
Guardian Angel - The guardian angel sends a private message to the host with the bolded name of one player. This player cannot be killed by werewolves during that night.
Masons - Sometimes included in games, these two humans know each other from the start as werewolves do, allowing them to cooperate during day more easily.

Victory
The goal of the humans is to eliminate the werewolves. The goal of the werewolves is to outnumber the humans. The cycle of Day and then Night proceeds until one of these two things occurs (which typically takes anywhere between three to six cycles, or a period of six to twelve real-time days).

General Rules
1. Do not excessively spam in the game topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material please. Any player that does so will receive dooms from me appropriate to the damage caused.
2. Dead people should keep their comments in this thread at a minimum.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game, if you do it correctly.
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game or they will die instantly. This means any and all private messages, not just ones from the host.
5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
6. Do not edit your posts, the only exception being the host.

People Interested
1. Vulpix.ck87
2. darktyranitar
3. Mystic_clown
4. Magmar
5. Crazy Elf Boy
6. Hyperness Is A Good Thing
7. Weasel Overlord
8. Dark-San
9. Mega Horny
10. Roy Karrde
11. Houndoom_Lover
12. Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
13. Blademaster

darktyranitar
7th May 2007, 08:55 PM
Count me in.

Dark-San
7th May 2007, 09:25 PM
Count me in. And oh ya, Plantae you forgotten to put in the mod approval taggy to the topic title. XD

Plantae
7th May 2007, 10:21 PM
I have the tendency to do that. Thanks for pointing it out, Dark-San. The participation of both of you is noted.

Mystic_clown
7th May 2007, 10:37 PM
I'll take part in this.

Dark-San
7th May 2007, 10:39 PM
Just to take note Plantae, I spoken to Roy earlier and he had expressed his interest in taking part in this game as well.

Magmar
7th May 2007, 10:43 PM
Gimme a good role! :D I'm in.

Crazy Elf Boy
7th May 2007, 11:57 PM
Yes *Dances* Uhhh Huh MMMM HMMMM

I'll play

Hyperness is a Good Thing
8th May 2007, 04:24 AM
Lol. why not?
I'm in ^_^

Weasel Overlord
8th May 2007, 04:50 AM
*dives in* I'm in dudes!

Mega Horny
8th May 2007, 07:18 AM
Yeah sure.

Vulpix.ck87
8th May 2007, 01:46 PM
Me me me me me me me...! I mean, I, I-er..

Yers! I willith participate in this folly pastime, um, also. Yers.. *shifty eyes* ¬_¬

~shift shift~

*sneak hugs the posse like a fool and runs* :v

Plantae
8th May 2007, 05:24 PM
I must say I am quite pleased. Almost all of the old crew about. I will give this until Friday, and then it shall start. No delays as last time: money-back guarantee.

Roy Karrde
8th May 2007, 05:29 PM
I will join! You better include me!!!

Houndoom_Lover
8th May 2007, 06:09 PM
OOh! This looks super spiffy! May I join? I'd love too ^_^.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
8th May 2007, 10:05 PM
ARRRRRRGHHHHH KNEW I SHOULDA COME ONLINE LAST NIGHT *runs into topic* Overtime, I tell you, overtime is absolutely disgusting.

Do you even need to ask me whether I'm in :p of course I'm in!

Plantae
9th May 2007, 07:30 AM
Your participation is noted, the three of you.

Magmar
9th May 2007, 08:32 AM
This is a really exciting round!! Especially since final examinations end on Thursday, YES!!!!!!

Blademaster
9th May 2007, 06:39 PM
Faiz convinced me to try this. Sign me up, Scotty.

Plantae
10th May 2007, 06:07 PM
Let's hope you won't be sorry then. You've been added to the list, and the game starts tomorrow.

Houndoom_Lover
10th May 2007, 06:13 PM
Oh, crap on a cracker and all that jazz! I won't be here tomorrow! I mean, maybe I can get Grace to let me use her computer, I'll try my hardest too!

Plantae
10th May 2007, 09:31 PM
If you can't, Houndoom_Lover, don't fret. There are no dooms for failing to vote on Day One, as a rule.