PDA

View Full Version : Gastrodon

Sceptile_Master
8th May 2007, 07:48 AM
I've been wondering something about Gastrodon. Does it have 3 eyes or is the thing on it's forehead just a marking. What do you think? I'm confused on the subject :S.

Mega Horny
8th May 2007, 07:58 AM
http://www.myutsu.net/imagens/pokemon/423.jpg

If you examine this picture of Gastrodon, you can see that the middle dot is duller. Probably some sort of intimidation thing for prey. It doesn't appear to have the same qualities as the real eyes.

Sceptile_Master
11th May 2007, 07:20 PM
Hmm I'm still split two way... I don't know why... it's hard for me to decide.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th May 2007, 04:38 AM
Probably some sort of intimidation thing for prey. It doesn't appear to have the same qualities as the real eyes.

Hm, I don't know if this remark of mine should be in the grammar thread, but do you mean that it

a) attracts prey (it can be mistaken for something to eat, at least if a Pokémon with a different eyesight looks at it)
b) scares enemy
c) confuses ememy (and also Sceptile_Master, I see)

Or it can, of course, do all of them.

Lady Vulpix
12th May 2007, 06:25 AM
He said intimidation. That would mean it intimidates the enemy. So b) would be the closest.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
12th May 2007, 03:06 PM
I think it's just a marking. It doesn't look like the other two circles we can clearly identify as eyes.

AdventureSerum
28th May 2007, 04:40 PM
I was wondering this very same thing. I suspect it's just a marking, but there's no way to know for sure.

Ash_of_pallet_town
6th June 2007, 11:26 PM
Finally an anser. I E-mailed a good friend of mine in Japan (meat him at the lego robotics world compitition) and finally found that the "third eye" is mearly a marking. It has no known use.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th June 2007, 01:21 AM
Hm, I'm from Finland and if you ask me something about Moomin trolls, I can only give my wild guesses. You see, it's not like I didn't trust your friend, but I thought we should ask this from Nintendo or Game Freak if we want the ultimate answer. The Japanese fans are just like us, they have their own hypothesis. Unless, of course, if your friend is a game company employee.

And as far as my opinion is concerned, the only thing I know is that having three eyes is not weird for Japanese manga, anime or games, remember Tenshinhan in Dragonball.

Ash_of_pallet_town
13th June 2007, 10:00 PM
while you make a good point( not saying i totaly believe him) but my friends next door neighber is a worker at the nintendo company. But like i said not sure if i believe him or not.