PDA

View Full Version : [T] Weasel Overlord VS Negrek - Ref needed

Chris 2.1
9th May 2007, 04:11 PM
Round One
Simplicity

Round One is a simple 1-1 battle against your opponent. The arena is a plain indigo stadium with very short, fine grass in an open stadium. There is a large pond in the middle-left of the arena for a variety of water Pokemon.

There is no time limit for this battle. The winner will go on to Round 2: The ref will recieve 2 points and the loser will be eliminated. There are no banned moves whatsoever.

Coin flip determines that Negrek sends out first and WO attacks first.

Negrek
9th May 2007, 05:34 PM
I'll use Diatribe, the female feraligatr.

Weasel Overlord
10th May 2007, 05:58 AM
Right, I'll send out my female Roselia, Sein'iia. Time to get some experience for her! XD

Sein, start things off with an Energy Ball! Follow up with a Leech Seed and end the round with a Magical Leaf!

~Energy Ball ~Leech Seed ~Magical Leaf

Negrek
10th May 2007, 02:30 PM
All right, Diatribe, let's get things rolling.

Begin with an agility to dodge that energy ball and run behind the roselia with the unpronounceable name!

Follow it up with a body slam to crush her face-first into the ground. You're almost two hundred pounds heavier and a great deal larger than her, so I think you'll pin her pretty good.

She shouldn't have any way to shoot leaves (or seeds) at you with while she's squashed, so for your last action, let your weight do the work and keep her pinned to the ground--don't get up. Instead just relax to regain some energy and suffocate Sein'iia.

Agility (dodge) ~ Body Slam ~ Relax (keep Sein'iia pinned)

(( But:

Right, I'll send out my female Roselia, Sein'iia. Time to get some experience for her! XD
You don't get to keep pokémon after the tourney, do you? So earning experience wouldn't matter... ? Or can you keep them? ))

Weasel Overlord
11th May 2007, 04:06 PM
Oh shag! I've just realised this is the Random Tourney... *runs to PM inbox to find the actual Tourney pokemon* I've totally buggered this one up, haven't I?! I'm sorry Negrek...

I'll send out my male Granbull, Yaotyl. *cringes* sorrysorrysorry...

Yaotyl, start things off with a Thunder Fang, latch on to Diatribe's leg, I think. Then use a Strength to throw him away with as much power as you can muster! Then finish up with a Thunderbolt to zap him.

~Thunder Fang ~Strength ~Thunderbolt

Negrek
16th May 2007, 02:33 PM
Okay then, Diatribe. Change of plans, I suppose.

Begin by punishing Yaotyl for his aggression by countering his thunder fang.

Then, if you're faster than him, set up a quick substitute--about 15% HP should be great--and then finish by getting down and dirty in the muck at the edge of the pond with a mud sport; slather yourself and your substitute in mud to cut the power of Yaotyl's electric attacks in half.

If, however, you don't think you'll be fast enough to create a substitute before Yaotyl hits you with strength, instead use a mud sport for your second action and follow with a brick break straight to the face.

Counter ~ Substitute (15%) / Mud Sport ~ Mud Sport / Brick Break

Weasel Overlord
10th June 2007, 02:58 PM
Could we have a ref please? *puppy eyes*

Saffire Persian
11th June 2007, 03:02 PM
Mmm... since a battle of mine is finishing--Well, yours and River's, to be exact, WO. (XD) I'll take this one.

Weasel Overlord
11th June 2007, 03:04 PM
Oh thank the lord! *glomps Saff* THANKS!! XDD I must think of a present to give you on le tree... *ponders*

Saffire Persian
11th June 2007, 05:08 PM
ROUND ONE
Negrek vs. Weasel Overlord
O|O

Banned Moves: None.

Arena: Simplicity: Plain, Indigo Stadium arena with fine, short grass and a large pond.

Stats

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/160.png
Diatribe [F] - Negrek
HP: 100%
EP: 100%
Counter - Substitute (15%) - Mud Sport

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/210.png
Yaotyl [M] - Weasel Overlord
HP: 100%
EP: 100 %
Thunder Fang - Strength - Thunderbolt

Arena Status: Normal

~Round 1 Begin!~

With the first round of the so-called "Random Tourney" finally at hand, the two female trainers quickly make their way on the field, the harsh sound of caws, roars, yowls, screeches, and cheers thick in the air--some from other battles taking place just behind the hardy cement barrier that divides the arenas, some from the crowd watching this particular battle.

The referee quickly gestures for Negrek to unleash her Pokémon, and she does so, revealing her random competitor to be a large, menacing female Feraligatr who glares at the crowd, growling in disapproval at the noise. Weasel is next, her choice a female Roselia--but wait, it seems a mix up has been made, and the Overlord quickly recalls the plant with an embarrassed look on her face, before revealing the real competitor: a hardy looking Granbull whose temporary trainer is apparently fluent in Mayan. Diatribe looks rather unimpressed as Yaotyl descends onto all fours, hind leg scratching his floppy ear. The dog growls at the alligator, one eye staring at the blue behemoth, before he rises into his usual--almost humanoid--position on his two legs, itch relieved as the match begins at the annoying clang of a bell.

Diatribe seems content to do nothing as Yao starts the match with a determined, headlong charge on all fours. His bulky form races across the short grass, building up speed as electricity is conducted through his fangs. He bares his teeth as his distance between he and his prey lessens, electric sparks shooting across the turf. He lunges with a loud, gravelly battle cry. His fangs pierce deep into Diatribe's thigh, sending a multitude of deadly sparks through Diatribe's conductive body. The Feraligatr hisses at the pain, a bronze glow encompassing her whole body as she swings around her body, jabbing his leg outward as the repelling Counter does the rest.

The electric jawlock Yao has on the reptile is forcibly repelled, sending the hound flying backwards in a burst of invisible force and electric sparks that hurt like none other. Yao doesn't really know when his flying body finally hit the ground and stopped, whimpering as Counter pain finally begins to fade away, though his body and nerves are still twitching. He picks himself up, noticing an odd aura surrounding the water-type monster, completely oblivious to the fact he is now facing a fake substitute. The bulldog is hesitant to attack the gator, the pain from his last attempt all-too fresh in his mind. Nevertheless, Yaotyl musters up his courage and clears the distance between he and his opponent, adrenaline coursing like fire (not electricity, God forbid) through his veins. Yaotyl's muscles take on a firmer tone, bulging with newfound energy, bestowing upon the canine-fairy near supernatural strength. He hefts the unknowing 'gatr substitute above his head, marveling at how light the thing is compared to what he was expecting, tossing it into the grassy terrain, confident smirk returning as the energy pumped into his muscles wane.

The substitute seems to be moving on its own, heading towards the pool-side, arriving only to begin coating its body with a thick layer of gooey mud (while the real Diatribe is doing the same, and loving it). Yaotyl snickers at the absolutely ridiculous sight, the water-type looking less and less threatening by the moment. The dog's skin begins to flow with static energy, making his short, light-pink fur stand on end as he generates enough electricity to fire a high-powered volt. The Thunderbolt strikes the sub with amazing accuracy, enveloping it with a thick yellow light. The mud sizzles and bubbles at the electric heat, though the Substitute still stands, life-force almost spent.

Diatribe is rather fond of her mud-covered self and rather good-looking mirror image, and finds it amusing that the little fairy-mutt has no idea what's going on. Yaotyl, meanwhile, has received a rather large boost in confidence, the pain from the nasty Counter fading away like a bad dream.

Post-Round

Stats

Diatribe [F] - Negrek
HP: 76%
EP: 85%
Status: Completely covered in mud. Puncture marks in his left thigh. Amused.
Substitute: 1% health remaining.

HP: 82%
EP: 83%

Notes:

~ Negrek goes first.
~I don't do double super-effective strikes, I just tack on extra damage. 2-3% for Super-effectiveness, 5-6% for Quadruple effectiveness, etc. Same goes for resistances, in case you were curious.

Negrek
13th June 2007, 12:36 PM
(( Thanks much for reffing, Saffire! ))

All right, Diatribe, let's begin this with a seismic toss[/red]. Grab Yaotyl and throw him as far as you can out into the pond. You're about twice his size and pretty buff, so I hope that shouldn't be a problem for you.

Yaotyl doesn't look like much of a swimmer to begin with, but let's give him some encouragement to sink with a [color=red]rock tomb. Send him to the bottom, then keep him there.

Finally, if Yaotyl has been securely trapped, take a break and just relax for a moment. If, on the other hand, he's managed to escape and is in range, express your irritation with a brick break attack. Or, if he's still out in the water, instead suck him down with a whirlpool attack.

Seismic Toss ~ Rock Tomb ~ Relax / Brick Break / Whirlpool

Weasel Overlord
13th June 2007, 12:50 PM
Okay Yaotyl, use a Faint Attack to dodge out of the way of that Seismic Toss! Use another Faint Attack to get close, and finally use a Thunder Fang to latch onto Diatribe once more. But if he manages to trap you in a tomb, use a Rock Smash to get out of there, and then use a Payback.

~Faint Attack ~Faint Attack ~Thunder Fang
Subs: ~Faint Attack ~Rock Smash (if trapped in Tomb) ~Payback (if hit by the Tomb)

Saffire Persian
14th June 2007, 02:05 PM
My apologies for referring to Diatribe as a he.

ROUND TWO
O|O

Arena: Simplicity: Plain, Indigo Stadium arena with fine, short grass and a large pond.

Stats

Diatribe [F] - Negrek
HP: 76%
EP: 85%
Status: Completely covered in mud. Puncture marks on her left thigh. Amused.
Substitute: 1% health remaining.
Seismic Toss - Rock Tomb - Brick Break

HP: 82%
EP: 83%
Faint Attack - Faint Attack - Thunder Fang

~Round 2 Begin!~

Growling at the mud covered reptile, the bulldog assumes his quadrapedic stance, hair standing on end as he waits for the gator to make her move. She soon does so--or rather--the substitute does as it musters the last of its strength to clear the turf and throw the angry hound into the nearby pond. With Diatribe moving, Yaotyl ceases his chance, darting forward in a flash of smokey dark energy, disappearing from view as fake!Diatribe makes a grab but finds nothing but thin air.

Hissing in annoyance, the Substitute's eyes swivel about her terrain, looking for the pink dog as he mysteriously appears just behind her. The dark tendrils of inky smoke are still curled around his body, a smug look on his hardy chops. Fake!Diatribe is less than amused and lifts its claw, connecting with her earthen abilities. The ground blow the dog's feet rumbles, and with a surprised yip, he darts off, disappearing into the landscape as a horde of rocks burst upwards from the earth, tearing through the earth in a a tight circle as they try to find their invisible foe and crush him in a rocky cocoon. The Granbull, however, has managed to clear the rocky trap, invisible guise falling away as he lunges towards the Feraligatr, slamming into her with his remaining strength from the Faint Attack.

To Yaotyl's horror, the Diatribe in front of him begins to sport horrid black cracks and lines along her blue body like horrid, black varicose veins. Then, less than an instant later, the being crumbles to dust, leaving a pile of black (albeit sparkly) ash-like stuff. It takes the Granbull a few moments to realize he's been tricked--and badly so, noticing only when he glimpses the real Diatribe right before his eyes, covered in a hardy mud glaze.

That alone makes him mad.

He races across the grass again, electric energy curling around his short, fanged muzzle as he prepares to latch on to Diatribe again, and this time, he's not going to let go. His teeth sinks into one of Diatribe's mud-covered ankles, thunder racing through the brown goo and into her skin, the power and pain of the electric move lessened by a good deal. That, of course, does not mean Diatribe is happy about it. She decides to show her displeasure by smacking the dog with one of her bone-shattering fists. The Brick Break socks the normal-type right in the face, and there's a nasty, cracking sound as the shield-shattering move makes contact, and the Granbull is, once again, in for a whole world of pain as the smack hurls him away as he voluntarily lets go, boasting, no doubt, several cracked teeth and soon, a very intense headache.

Post-Round

Stats

Diatribe [F] - Negrek
HP: 71%
EP: 72%
Status: Completely covered in mud. More puncture marks along both of her ankles.
Substitute: desinigrated

HP: 70%
EP: 71%

Notes:

~ WO goes first.

Weasel Overlord
15th June 2007, 06:27 AM
Oops, I used "he" as well. *facepalm* Well! Yaotyl, I want you to start things off with an Iron Tail, follow up with a Thunderbolt and finish the round with a Close Combat, I think.

~Iron Tail ~Thunderbolt ~Close Combat

Negrek
18th June 2007, 01:30 PM
All right, now that's the way, Diatribe! Let's see if we can't pull ahead this round.

You're resistant to steel-type attacks, so that iron tail shouldn't hurt too much; take it, and then let your displeasure be known by unleashing a double-power avalanche to bury Yaotyl beneath a pile of snow and ice. If you aren't able to perform that attack in this arena or the iron tail misses, though, instead opt for the more traditional rock slide entombment.

Next up, if Yaotyl is too buried to unleash a thunderbolt in your direction, add to his unhappiness by bringing a rock tomb down atop him; otherwise, I think a 10% substitute should serve you well.

Finish it off with a counter for that close combat; if Yaotyl is unable to reach you with his attack for any reason, though, or your have a substitute, instead take a moment to relax.

Avalanche / Rock Slide ~ Rock Tomb / Substitute (10%) ~ Counter / Relax

Saffire Persian
28th June 2007, 09:35 PM
ROUND THREE
O|O

Stats

Diatribe [F] - Negrek
HP: 71%
EP: 72%
Status: Completely covered in mud. More puncture marks along both of her ankles.
Avalanche - Substitute - Counter

HP: 70%
EP: 71%
Iron Tail - Thunderbolt - Close Combat

~Round 3 Begin!~

With the distance between him and Diatribe very small indeed, Yaotyl lunges, as he spins around in a quick, but tight, circle. His tail, being small, is quickly and efficiently coated in a metallic sheen, and easily hits the unmoving Feraligatr's lower abdomen with a loud clang. Diatribe blinks at the blow, feeling the hard thud, but little else, as she finally releases the ice-type attack she has been patiently holding. With her being hit, the Avalanche attack rains down upon the dog mercilessly, inflicting double the payback it would have, had Diatribe been undamaged.

This, of course, is something Yaotyl is seriously regretting as the hissing wind full of snow, flakes of ice, and even bigger sphere-shaped ice chunks threaten to bury him under a good patch of thick, powdery snow, while adding to his injuries and emerging headache. Yowling, and receiving a mouthful of snow for it, Yao tries to claw his way through the snow drift with his powerful paws, made well enough for digging. The bright sun above is aiding in this matter, the heat rays beginning to penetrate the virgin snow, though not quite melting it.

With about ten seconds of rapid, furious digging--as he was beginning to feel something akin to claustrophobia, his head emerges above the ice-infused drift. The heat of the electricity channeling through his fur helps melt the snow around him somewhat, and with an enraged howl (his body half-in and half-out of the snow) Yaotyl releases a fully formed Thunderbolt at Diatribe. Diatribe does nothing in response, not even blinking. Obviously having charred his victim, Yaotyl grins, and precedes to dig himself out of the snow.

To his alarm, then to his rage, he finds cracks are beginning to spread over "Diatribe" again, rending her into dust, leaving the cold Yao without any real opponent. He spots the real Diatribe soon enough, still about 60% of her body covered in mud. An angry rumble emerges out of the bulldog's throat.

His back end is particularly cold, and his muscles seem loathe to kick back into gear for a few seconds as he prepares to initiate a deadly form of close combat. Which, for all intents and purposes, is lunging at the enemy and giving it what for, not caring about yourself and what happens to you. And frankly, that's exactly what Yaotyl wants to do: beat the crap out of the stupid thing that dared fool him not once, but twice!

Legs finally warming in the face of the sun, Yaotyl rushes off again, leaping at Diatribe, pounding the alligator with an all out, savage assault with no method to the madness, not even noticing the bronze glow he should very well know by now. The blows are obviously vexing to even the hardy Feraligatr, and she grimaces as she continues to be pounded by the savage assault. Then, the counter finally kicks in, and with a thrust of her body, aided by the Counter Aura-she sends out a force that carries Yaotyl even farther along the turf than before...right back into the slowly melting snow/icedrift. All Yaotyl can do is give a hardy growl in defiance and pain as he tries to recover from the exhaustion that's automatic with Close Combat. He suddenly wishes he hadn't left his defenses so... open.

Post-Round

Stats

Diatribe [F] - Negrek
HP: 44%
EP: 54%
Status: Still muddy, but it's slowly drifting off. A little surprised and winded by the ferocity of the Close Combat, but still satisfied.
Substitute: desinigrated

HP: 35%
EP: 46%
Status: Thrown right back into the snowdrift. Exhausted. DEF & SPC DEF -1

Arena Status: Medium-sized snowdirft currently melting. Nearby, the arena is covered with a melting sheen of snow, and littered with bigger, hail-like stones.

Notes:

~ The substitute would have lasted, had it been covered in mud as well. I assumed that the substitute would just look like it had mud covering it this time, to mirror the original, not real mud. Thus, no protection from the Thunderbolt which killed it right away.

~Negrek goes first.

Negrek
4th July 2007, 01:06 AM
Okay, before I attack, a couple questions...

The rocks from the earlier rock tomb are still around, right? If so, what size are they, how many of them are there, and how far apart are they?

Saffire Persian
9th July 2007, 06:49 PM
I'd say the rocks from rock tomb are slightly larger in girth and size as the Pokémon it was trying to trap--so I'd imaging it would be a bit bigger than Granbull is, and very thick. As for number, I'd say around five. As for how far apart, they're relatively close to one another, as they were trying to smash the Pokémon and keep it from moving. So.. they're probably tipped over, and each around a foot away from each other. That's just my rough guess.

Negrek
9th July 2007, 11:42 PM
(( Excellent, thanks. ))

Good work, Diatribe. A bit of a miscalculation on my part, but you did a good job nonetheless.

All right! It's time to take this fight to the high ground, over Yaotyl's head and out of his reach. Use a rock climb to dodge whatever might be aimed your way and hop up onto one of those boulders you've conjured, then attack from above. Take advantage of those weakened defenses to strike Yaotyl with a good water pulse, then follow it up with a widespread icy wind to slow him down a bit.

If Yaotyl tries to follow you up as you jump for your rock on the first action, sweep him out of the air by smacking him with a powerful aqua tail as he comes at you (and cut off the third action commands as a result of your combo). If he tries to thunderbolt while you're up there, he'll be aiming at an awkward angle to begin with; get out of the way anyway with a quick rock climb to hop to another boulder. They're not far away from one another, so it ought to be a quick and easy jump.

And if Yaotyl attempts to climb or jump onto your rock while you're up there, attack your rock to destroy it, or leap up onto another of the boulders in the cluster, blast him out of the air or away from your boulder with a powerful hydro pump.

Once you're up there--don't forget to hang on tight! Your attacks are all hands-free, so grip with all four legs if you need to stabilize yourself against a projectile or something.

Rock Climb @ boulder / + Aqua Tail ~ Water Pulse / Rock Climb (dodge) / Hydro Pump ~ Icy Wind (sweep) / Rock Climb (dodge) / Hydro Pump

Chris 2.1
27th July 2007, 04:53 PM
Wease?

Weasel Overlord
29th July 2007, 02:52 PM
Oops! *runs in* Right Yaotyl, let's got for some widespread destruction with an Earthquake! Since it should destroy every rock, rather than just one, Diatribe should be stumped. Then use Sunny Day and Solar Beam for some damage.

~Earthquake ~Sunny Day ~Solar Beam