PDA

View Full Version : !Type me!

Houndoom_Lover
9th May 2007, 04:48 PM
Alrighty now, I had this idea ratt-ling in my head for sometime now, so while I blow my eardrumbs out to block out Naruto I write unto you!!! The RULES!!

The Objective of the game is to write down all the know pokemon, but you can only write one, and it has to be super effective to the type above it. If nothing is super effective against the pokemon you write down, you get a point.

The only rules are that no pokemon can be used twice and you cannot use the evelution (sp? -_-) of the pokemon before or the number before...An example.

Bulbasaur
Charmander (Though they are all spelled wrong no doubt, this is a no-no in the game. Instead, try this...)
Shiftree
Charmander (Also spelled wrong, but you get the idea -_-)

Let's me start you all up!

Houndoom, who can beat me?!

firepokemon
9th May 2007, 04:50 PM
Doesn't this need to be approved? Which I'm sure it will but still needs to be approved. But as for the game itself. It sounds good and would play it once approved.

Crazy Elf Boy
9th May 2007, 04:53 PM
Yeh you better get it approved other wise it might never exist

mr_pikachu
9th May 2007, 04:57 PM
=1= If you are thinking about starting a game, you first need to send in your game for approval to one of the moderators or supermods, with flavor text, giving us a general idea of what we can expect. If you PM one of us stating something like 'I'm creating a quiz! What do you think'', it'll most likely not pass the approval stage.

=2= All games must have a tag, otherwise the topic will be closed. Game:, [Game], <Game>, are just a few examples of tags. They may either be implemented into the topic title somewhere, otherwise a tag must be put at either the end or the start of the topic's title. Also, you must state in the first post which moderator approved the game, or in the topic's title.

[Example 1] <Game> Pokémon Hangman [M.A.]
[Example 2] [GaMe] DESCRIBE THE PERSON ABOVE YOU [A.a.]
[Example 3] ~+Game+~ Expedia: The Maiden Islands (Approved by Quicksilver)

If you don't wish to state whom approved the game in the title, you must in the first post. Otherwise, it's closed, and you'll be able to repost after 24 hours has gone past.

So, yeah. firepokemon is right.

Also - and this is just a suggestion, because I think it would improve gameplay - it seems like it might be better if people got a point if the user who posted after them named a Pokemon that was not superior. I don't think it's necessary for the Pokemon that is named to be unbeatable in types; otherwise, everyone's going to spend the entire game figuring out how to work in a Sableye.

So, for instance, if I said "Steelix" and the person after me said "Charmander," I would get a point because Steelix's Ground characteristic cancels out Steel's weakness to Fire attacks, thus making the two Pokemon equal. It wouldn't matter that any Water Pokemon in existence trounces Steelix; the simple fact that the chain was broken would grant a point.

But I dunno; that's just what I think. It is your game, after all. But you definitely need to take it up with the PCG mods.