PDA

View Full Version : Help me PLEASE!

classy_cat18
12th May 2007, 12:43 AM
Internet Explorer on my laptop is not working. They say that it's connected to the Internet, and AIM is working, but IE will not display any webpages.

I pinged my IP address. Nothing. Something's not getting through. Please help! Get some help! Just don't make me have to go through Customer Service!

Chris
12th May 2007, 04:02 PM
Sounds like your proxy settings are messed up. Which version of IE are you using?

classy_cat18
12th May 2007, 06:20 PM
IE7.

mr_pikachu
14th May 2007, 12:22 AM
Shonta asked me to mention something else that's really weird. She's tried installing Firefox and accessing the internet with that, but it failed every bit as badly as Internet Explorer. So it doesn't seem to matter what browser she uses; her computer just can't connect to the web.

But here's the odd thing... she's still able to hold internet chats without any apparent problems at all. (Heck, she asked me to post about this while we were chatting over AIM!) How is it that she can't access the internet using any browser, but she can still hold internet chats?

Anyway, yeah. She and I both thought that information might make finding a solution easier. So there you go.

kainashi
14th May 2007, 06:57 AM
clean temporary internet files and scan for spyware.

classy_cat18
14th May 2007, 02:03 PM
I did do that! Nothing! And I tried to open Norton Internet Security to see if turning off the firewall would work but I can't open the damn program!