PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Falwell is dead.

Razola
15th May 2007, 06:22 PM
Christians that aren't bat-shit insane rejoice.

Actually, everyone that isn't bat-shit insane pretty much rejoices.

Not really sure if this is going to have an impact on much.

RedStarWarrior
15th May 2007, 09:10 PM
He's probably explaining to the Devil why homosexuality is wrong while getting cornholed by him.

Mewtwo-D2
16th May 2007, 03:32 PM
Geez, guys. I didn't see this kind of anger when Saddam died. Because, you know, he was just a mass-murderer, serial rapist, and tyrant. But Falwell was really annoying!

I never cared for him much, but my sympathies to his family. He was an annoying man, but he wasn't an evil man.

Magmar
16th May 2007, 06:27 PM
He's sooo taking it in the poop chute in hell.

I'm probably going to hell, too, because I hate him, and I'll have to put up with the dodger for all eternity.

Razola
16th May 2007, 06:31 PM
He's sooo taking it in the poop chute in hell.

I'm probably going to hell, too, because I hate him, and I'll have to put up with the dodger for all eternity.Pray for a Dante Hell so that the two of you will be placed in different circles.

Magmar
16th May 2007, 07:26 PM
Haha, Falwell just got BURNT!

He got Dis'd... city of Dis'd... hahahaha... enough hell puns

Razola
16th May 2007, 10:52 PM
Geez, guys. I didn't see this kind of anger when Saddam died. Because, you know, he was just a mass-murderer, serial rapist, and tyrant. But Falwell was really annoying.Ehhhhh...of course him being hung drew up a shitstorm, but even the most stalwart opponent of capital punishment didn't weep for poor Saddam.

Falwell wasn't evil, but he helped set back rights for a lot of people and helped further undermine Christianity. Of course, being known for religious beliefs, his death is well-suited for satire.

homeofmew
16th May 2007, 10:55 PM
thats nice. I had no clue who he was until like 2 seconds ago

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th May 2007, 12:38 AM
Same here. Shame on me that I didn't get to know him until he's dead.

[off-topic]And the parts of The Bible where they think they are against homosexuality are misunderstood![/off-topic]

Mahou_Shoujo
17th May 2007, 01:32 PM
Part of me is happy, but that seems wrong.

I shouldn't be happy he died, but man. What a hateful, hateful man.

I suppose this brings to mine the saying that it is not Christianity I fear, it's the followers. Unfortunately, the 20% of crazy fundie whackjobs ruin it for the sane majority.

Leon-IH
17th May 2007, 11:37 PM
Geez, guys. I didn't see this kind of anger when Saddam died. Because, you know, he was just a mass-murderer, serial rapist, and tyrant. But Falwell was really annoying!

There was, to some degree at least, valid reasons for keeping him (Saddam) locked up and untried due to the fact in death he would do more for the Islam extremist "cause" than he ever could in life. However, thats way off topic and doesn't matter.

Religious nuts dying == good thing, provided it's in such a manner that they don't become an inspiration for the rest of the nut jobs.

Edit: I would take death by hanging over life in a middle-eastern prison any day.

DarkTemplarZero
19th May 2007, 10:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkAPaEMwyKU

^ Even that drunkard Christopher Hitchens stopped injecting vodka into his bloodstream long enough to diss that douchebag Falwell. While my sympathies go out to his family, it's quite true that the world is a much better place now that he's dead.

firepokemon
20th May 2007, 04:18 PM
Why is it america continues to make abortion a number one issue in that country all the time when every other western country has totally forgotten about abortion. It just being naturally legal.

Roy Karrde
20th May 2007, 05:10 PM
Why is it america continues to make abortion a number one issue in that country all the time when every other western country has totally forgotten about abortion. It just being naturally legal.

Becuase the ruling for abortion came from a group of activist judges and not from the vote of the people. Alot of the problems with abortion could be fixed by repealing Roe vs Wade and putting it up to a national law vote. Too bad many advocates on both sides are too scared of the decision of the people.

Edit: On another note, I would hope that some of the sick people in here that are bringing about so much venom for a dead man would act the same way and be happy about the deaths of other sick people that may share their idiology such as Al Sharpton?

firepokemon
20th May 2007, 05:27 PM
Karrde please tell me you don't watch only Fox News. Thats a very dangerous channel. I don't know why americans are so ideologically driven. Its scary.

Roy Karrde
20th May 2007, 05:30 PM
Karrde please tell me you don't watch only Fox News. Thats a very dangerous channel. I don't know why americans are so ideologically driven. Its scary.

For one no, actually I get my news from ABC News Radio, second why do you have such a hard on against Fox News? It is just as biased as CNN, MSNBC, and other news channels, it just tends to swing the opposite of CNN and MSNBC.

firepokemon
20th May 2007, 05:38 PM
I can't watch MSNBC and Cnn is just boring and I mean boring. Fox news may be ideological and all the rest but its watchable something CNN isn't.

Because Fox news is just wrong on so many counts. Everything there is conservative and/or republican with the exception of someone like Allan Colmes who is suppose to be towards the left but every story seems to cover a very specific conservative mindset.

O'reilly is nothing but a hater himself. He is wrong on so many counts and is not fair and all the rest and would not be tolerated in NZ. I also think his worrying about Rosie is just pathetic and his constant crusade against the extreme left (which they aren't) really takes the cake.

It has a very obvious agenda. Now it may well be that other US cable channels too have agendas but I am not privy to them or in CNNs case refuse to watch it. (CNN which I suspect is more its intl version is too bbc like and boring). Whats even worse is the channel says its fair and balanced when it is so obviously not.

I can see why it rates so well in the US it hits a nerve that just isn't touched on by mainstream media, something more right-wing would do well in NZ.

I would consider myself right-wing but not right-wing enough for Fox News. And its pandering to the troops is just pathetic. Pathetic.

Roy Karrde
20th May 2007, 05:42 PM
Truely I cant stand O'Reilly or Limbeigh becuase both are too extreme for me, I perfer more of a local balance such as Mark Davis. That being said it doesn't mean I do not agree with some of those you listed on some things, I cannot stand Rosie and hate her with a passion mainly becuase she has taken a show over and used it as her soap box. Now while Fox News may be Conservative, MSNBC on the other hand borders on very Liberal, as does CNN. If you want proof here is a clip from Chris Mathews Hardball claiming the reason Bush is a deep racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbnH0cYHOcY

Anyway I believe we are getting off topic?

Edit: Also I would rather have a news channel pander to the troops, men and women who put their lives on the line every day in service to their country, than to have a news channel pander to the pot smoking knuckle heads that have nothing better to do each day than to stand at airports with signs protesting the troops who are coming home after a year of service to their country.

The Blue Avenger
20th May 2007, 06:21 PM
...than to have a news channel pander to the pot smoking knuckle heads that have nothing better to do each day than to stand at airports with signs protesting the troops who are coming home after a year of service to their country.

Chill, man, nothing really warranted that sort of name-calling. I think you said it best earlier when you said that blanket statements were no good. *points to signature*

Back on topic, while I wouldn't say I'm glad he's dead - I don't ever like saying that - I am glad he won't be giving a bad name to the sane Christians anymore. I didn't know that much about him, since I stay away from news most of the time, but I was looking through his Wikipedia article and... ugh. That guy was bad news.

Roy Karrde
20th May 2007, 06:38 PM
Chill, man, nothing really warranted that sort of name-calling. I think you said it best earlier when you said that blanket statements were no good. *points to signature*

Your right and I am sorry, but I am not talking about anyone here, I am talking about Rosie and her ilk, who do actually stand at airports where the troops go home and say "Baby Killer" and "Murderer". This actually goes on at airports each day in cities like San Fransisco.

But you are right, I should be more aware of my wording and practice what I preach.

Last Exile
20th May 2007, 06:46 PM
When this was said on local radio, everyone laughed for a few minutes then life went on. I pity the people on Capitol Hill that actually were in league with this guy. The world is a better place for not having him.

DarkTemplarZero
20th May 2007, 11:13 PM
I for one have a lot against Fox News. Any news station that degrades itself enough to allow the likes of Sean Hannity onto the air deserves quite a bit of spitting upon.

I'm very glad to see nobody here's insane enough to actually support Falwell. I almost wish he was still alive so he could try to have a debate with Richard Dawkins and get completely bitchslapped, but yeah, so many other overzealous fish in the sea.

Mewtwo-D2
17th June 2007, 02:39 AM
I for one have a lot against Fox News. Any news station that degrades itself enough to allow the likes of Sean Hannity onto the air deserves quite a bit of spitting upon.

I'm very glad to see nobody here's insane enough to actually support Falwell. I almost wish he was still alive so he could try to have a debate with Richard Dawkins and get completely bitchslapped, but yeah, so many other overzealous fish in the sea.

DTZ, you think that everyone who doesn't agree with you 100% is evil, so excuse me if I take what you say with a rather large grain of salt.

I support that Falwell had every right to say everything he did, even if I don't agree with all of it. He was annoying, but he was exercising a right few people use. As long as he wasn't doing it on the taxpayers dollar, I was fine with him.

Alucard
17th June 2007, 04:08 AM
When this was said on local radio, everyone laughed for a few minutes then life went on. I pity the people on Capitol Hill that actually were in league with this guy. The world is a better place for not having him.

Your signature makes me laugh since Minutes To Midnight is the shittest most emo album LP have released. Even worse then the Jay-Z mix crap.

Magmar
17th June 2007, 04:01 PM
And what does this have to do with Jerry Falwell's decay?

Alucard
17th June 2007, 04:10 PM
Nothing at all.

Dunno who the guy was don't really care either. Raz makes him sound like an asshole so I could really care less.

Mewtwo-D2
17th June 2007, 04:52 PM
Other point to DTZ, Richard Dawkins is a bit of a dickweed himself. He has the right not to believe in any form of any god, but he's just as much a bigot for suggesting everyone who does is mentally deficient as Falwell assuming everyone who doesn't is a moral degenerate.

Heald
17th June 2007, 06:56 PM
Richard Dawkins is making money by making stupid people delude themselves with baseless arguments, dead-end theories and big words. Anyone who is an atheist because they read Richard Dawkins really is a dead shit.

Bertrand Russell built a nice little house of cards that atheists could rely on, and Dawkins has gone and blown it down.

Jay Umbreon
18th June 2007, 02:02 PM
I have no idea who this guy is
so It can't effect too much, the fact that he's gone.

still, sucks I guess.

Magmar
18th June 2007, 03:08 PM
billy sundays wife died!
praise the lord

Jeff
18th June 2007, 03:08 PM
The guy who came up with the "Tinky-Winky is gay" thing. I remember when that happened, it was back when I was in high school. The school's drama club did a sketch comedy style play and one of the sketches was a Teletubbies parody. Tinky-Winky's counterpart (known as "Hanky-Panky") was a gay stereotype, everyone got the reference, but the funny thing is I had no clue who Jerry Falwell was until he actually croaked.

Mewtwo-D2
18th June 2007, 03:36 PM
The guy who came up with the "Tinky-Winky is gay" thing. I remember when that happened, it was back when I was in high school. The school's drama club did a sketch comedy style play and one of the sketches was a Teletubbies parody. Tinky-Winky's counterpart (known as "Hanky-Panky") was a gay stereotype, everyone got the reference, but the funny thing is I had no clue who Jerry Falwell was until he actually croaked.

Oh, come on. People were saying Tinky-Winky was gay since he was brought over here. Jerry Falwell just got mad about it.

DarkTemplarZero
18th June 2007, 09:26 PM
Jerry Falwell got mad about everything. He would then release his anger by playing a solo tune on the devil's clarinet because he was one fat angry ugly son of a bitch. Knowing the hypocrite Falwell was he was probably gay and had an affair with Tinky-Winky.