PDA

View Full Version : Berries 21-26

EngiMatikul
17th May 2007, 10:19 PM
Perhaps this was the same in Ruby and Sapphire, but it never occurred to me while I was playing Ruby as it did when I started playing Diamond.

I have a question about the berries that make your pokemon happy but lower stats. I'm assuming that EV points are lowered; I am also making the assumption that I can regain the EV points, and, more ideally, remove EV points from one stat and then regain the EV points in another stat. I'm particularly interested because I don't feel like raising another one of my pokemon that I feel is fine but I got EV stats all over the place because I was just focused on beating the game rather than making a usable battle team. :P

SO IS THIS TRUE or is my berry harvesting going to waste :p

Jeff
17th May 2007, 10:28 PM
True. I've been growing them like crazy, not only do they reduce EVs you don't need, but they also increase happiness, so they can help with evolution.

Dark-San
17th May 2007, 10:52 PM
This one I have heard for a long time but for Diamond/ Pearl, I was wondering if you make those berries into Poffins which they incurred the same effect as the berries?

There are still uses for the berries besides the Poffins, there are also exchanges for accessories which may be helpful for contests, I believe.

RattataGuy
17th May 2007, 11:40 PM
SO IS THIS TRUE or is my berry harvesting going to waste :p

Yup, it's true. Starting in Emerald, these berries lowered specific EV points when fed to a pokemon. So yeah, it's very handy when it comes to ev training.

Each berry fed subtracts 10 ev points if I remember correctly.