PDA

View Full Version : The TPM Battling League: 2007-08 Standard Tournament #2 (Final Standings)

mr_pikachu
19th May 2007, 12:37 AM
The TPM Battling League
2007-08 ~ Standard Tournament #2

Admin Approved by Chris
Commissioner: mr_pikachu

This topic is to inform participants of the TPMBL about an upcoming tournament, for competitors in the tournament to report their battle results, and for pairings and results to be announced. It is not to be used for tournament registration.

To register for this tournament, follow the instructions given at the bottom of this thread.

Tournament Information

Basic Information
Standard Tournament
Single-Battle Style
Start Date: June 10, 2007
Late Registration Date*: June 15, 2007

Lineup Clauses and Limits
Level Limit: 50 (Auto-level will be used)
Legendary Clause
Species Clause
DS Style

Battle Clauses
Sleep Clause
OHKO Clause
Self-Destruct Clause

Tournament Limits
Maximum Players: 16
Maximum Round Duration: 5 days

Staff
Head TD: mr_pikachu
Assistant TDs: N/A

Prizes**
1st Place: Munchlax Egg
2nd Place: Eevee Egg

Tiebreakers
1. Solkoff
2. Cumulative
3. Median

Additional Notes
Now things are rolling with the league. This will be our second tournament with 16 players maximum and up to four rounds, depending on the number of entries. Everything else is mostly the same as before, with the exception of the auto-levelling and the late registration addition. I'm keeping the round duration the same for the time being, if only to give more of you a chance to experience battling this way and decide for yourself if you'd like long rounds or short ones.

As before, you cannot train the Pokemon on your team once you’ve submitted your registration. Until the tournament is complete, your selected Pokemon cannot participate in battles within the game, because that could affect their stats.

You have until June 10 (12:01 a.m. Central Standard Time) to register your team. Please note the guidelines below for doing so.

*- If space permits, we will accept late registrations until June 15, when round two will begin. If you register your team after the pairings for round one have already been posted, you will receive a half-point for the first round (as if you had earned a draw). Your tiebreak scores will not be increased, however.

**- Listed prizes are not provided by a TPMBL staff member. The TPMBL does not guarantee the delivery of promised prizes.

Registration

To register for this tournament, send a PM (Private Message) to the Head TD with your TPMBL ID# (found in the Rules, Ratings, and Standings thread). The PM must include the following information for all of the Pokemon you will use in the tournament:

Species
Level
Gender (if none, put “Genderless”)
Ability
Hold Item (if none, put “None”)
Move #1
Move #2 (if none, put “None”)
Move #3 (if none, put “None”)
Move #4 (if none, put “None”)

Your Pokemon must be listed in the order in which they are arranged on your team.

Phoenixsong
19th May 2007, 10:30 AM
A question. Are we allowed to use Pokémon over level 50? I have at least two level 100s I'm considering... I know that, with auto-level, it doesn't technically matter, but I figured I'd ask.

Also, out of curiosity, are you going to sticky that "glossary" topic? Only I kinda had to hunt for it to remind myself of something.

Mega Horny
19th May 2007, 03:22 PM
I guess I'll enter.

Dark-San
21st May 2007, 11:57 AM
I would like to participate in this one. But if it is possible, kindly reply to the pm I send in earlier since I had quite a lot of doubts to clear up. ^.^"

Blademaster
21st May 2007, 04:06 PM
If this is an auto-level, I'm in - I have a bit more confidence this time since I'll be using my all-star team.

And I agree with Phoenix - that Glossary topic needs to be stickied. I forgot already what 'Species Clause' means, and I don't think I ever knew what those Tiebreaker things meant. :S

mr_pikachu
8th June 2007, 01:18 AM
Okay, this is the last time I post a tournament announcement right before going on vacation. For more reasons than you know. I'll be posting more about my personal problems elsewhere, because I'm sure you don't want to hear them.

(Why did you have to break, my precious computer?)

...Okay. Let's see if we can sort through this.

1. First things first. You do not have to report every single one of your Pokemon's stats (i.e. HP, Attack, Defense, etc). Frankly, if someone tries to cheat in that regard, it will either be insignificant enough to not do them any good or obvious enough for us to catch it without that information listed. Besides, that'd take too much time, and we don't want to discourage people from participating.

However, you must still PM the Head TD with your Pokemon's species, levels, genders, abilities, hold items, natures, and moves. Even if you send me a PM saying "I want to register" or something, you're not in the tournament until we have that information!

2. Up to six Pokemon may be used in this tournament, as there is no clause listing the number allowed. (That sort of thing will usually be mentioned in the Additional Notes section, too.) Unless it's otherwise stated, you may use up to six.

3. Aside from increasing your standing in the TPMBL, there are no prizes for this tournament. Shadow_Djinn charitably offered the last one, and I haven't yet begun any serious breeding of my own. There will be many more prizes of that nature eventually.

On a side note, my computer had an extra file of sorts that would have been very useful in the "prizes" regard. (I'm looking at you, Negrek!) ...Hopefully it can be recovered. More on that later.

4. Even though auto-levelling is being used, you still may not have any Pokemon higher than level 50 on your team. Remember, your Pokemon's stats are affected, but stronger moves might give some participants an unfair advantage.

5. The Glossary topic may be stickied eventually, but I need to talk about it with Christen. I'll let her know people are asking about it, though. ^_^

Oh, and I apologize about the technical stuff with tiebreaks. Let's just say that I have a lot of background in the subject... it'd be pretty much incomprehensible without that. I'll try to rewrite it in a simpler manner.

6. PM me your entries! We currently have... uh... 15 slots available. Out of 16. I can't nag you to enter when I'm saddled with my dad's computer, so submit those registrations before it's too late!

Dark-San
8th June 2007, 01:55 AM
4. Even though auto-levelling is being used, you still may not have any Pokemon higher than level 50 on your team. Remember, your Pokemon's stats are affected, but stronger moves might give some participants an unfair advantage.

I already PM you my list but looking from the above quote...

It looks like I would have to sit out on this one as well. >.<" Either way if you still need help in the prizes or refereeing, I would gladly help out.

Blademaster
8th June 2007, 11:07 AM

Boo.

(goes to join Dark-San)

mr_pikachu
9th June 2007, 12:27 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT: Dark-San has graciously offered to provide not one, but two prizes for the tournament! The winner will receive a Munchlax egg, while the runner-up gets an Eevee egg.

But there are less than 24 hours until the tournament begins, and we still only have one competitor registered... don't miss your chance to take home these potent prizes! PM me your team before it's too late!

Mega Horny
9th June 2007, 09:57 PM
I'd love to enter, but, I'm busy tomorrow, and I don't have time to pm my team right now...Can't we postpone it, please? If it needs to be done, i'm sure I can work out some guys. I mean, I've defeated Blademaster dozens of times.

n_n

Phoenixsong
9th June 2007, 11:45 PM
Ngh. The level-limit means I'm out, then. I only have one EV-trained Pokémon under level 50, so eh. Sorry.

mr_pikachu
9th June 2007, 11:56 PM
...Okay, it looks like we're probably not going to get any more participants in the next four minutes. But! There's still the late registration, which gives you an extra 5 days to register!

Remember, you'll get a half-point for the first round if you join late, so you won't be too far behind. Just PM me your team, and I'll get you in for the second round. Don't miss out!

EDIT:

ROUND 1

1. Negrek (Negrek). . . . BYE

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 1

. . . . . . . . . . . . . RD 1 . . . TOTAL
1 . Negrek (Negrek) . . . ++ . . . . 1.0

The tournament has begun, but there's still time to join! Send me your team in the next 5 days, and you'll start the second round with 0.5 points. That's not too far behind Negrek's 1.0, so you've got plenty of time to come back. And besides, even second place takes home an Eevee egg. So sign up while you still can!

Mega Horny
10th June 2007, 12:17 PM
Ugh, Negrek get's a point? No fair, I couldn't send my team because your damn inbox is full, Brian.

mr_pikachu
11th June 2007, 12:37 AM
It still had space this morning... dang, I get way too many PMs.

If you tried to register your team during the late registration period but couldn't do so because of the full inbox, please submit it again. (That goes for everyone.) I've cleared a significant amount of space now.

If it happens again, I'll just have to go yell at Chris. ^_^;;;

mr_pikachu
15th June 2007, 12:19 AM
Time's up, so late registration is over. It's time for round two in this four-round showdown!

ROUND 2

1. Negrek (Negrek) . VS . Q-l3x (Mega Horny)

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 1

. . . . . . . . . . . . . RD 1 . . . TOTAL
1 . Negrek (Negrek) . . . ++ . . . . 1.0
2 . Q-l3x (Mega Horny). . B0 . . . . 0.5

Negrek and Mega Horny, since there only two of you, the remainder of the tournament will consist of three successive battles between you. If you wish, you may simply battle three times in a row and report the match results all at once - but only if you both agree to do so. It is up to you.

Mega Horny
15th June 2007, 06:17 AM
XD...intense. Can my battling league name just be Mega Horny? Thanks ¬¬'

My last final is monday, but, if you pm Negrek, we can organize a battle(s) sometime on saturday or later today.

Mega Horny
15th June 2007, 03:13 PM
Look, I just got totally PWN3D by Negrek, so I think I'll save us both time and forfeit. That is, if I still get my Evee :p otherwise, i'll lose two more times for you guys. Even if the tournamen's rules allowed my best team to participate, whether I'd last more than twenty-four seconds or not is sketchy.

mr_pikachu
15th June 2007, 03:30 PM
Okay, I'll give clarification and then ask for some from you, Mega Horny.

1. When you withdraw from a tournament, you don't even get paired with any more opponents; therefore, you don't accumulate any more points or tiebreaks for matches. If anyone were to pass you in the standings, you would have no way of catching them. (In fact, sometimes withdrawing automatically excludes you from winning prizes, but I won't do that in this case.)

However, since you and Negrek are the only participants in this particular tournament, you are guaranteed no worse than second place. If you withdraw, Negrek will win the tournament and you will get second. No adjustments will be made to your ratings, with the exception of the second round match.

2. Does your last post constitute a withdrawal from the tournament, or will you continue to participate?

Assuming that you are not withdrawing, this is how the tournament currently looks:

ROUND 3

1. Q-l3x (Mega Horny) .VS . Negrek (Negrek)

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 2

. . . . . . . . . . . . . RD 1 . RD 2 . . . TOTAL
1 . Negrek (Negrek) . . . ++ . . W2 . . . . 2.0
2 . Q-l3x (Mega Horny). . B0 . . L1 . . . . 0.5

And if you like, Mega Horny, I will change your TPMBL username to “Mega Horny” once this tournament is over. Just let me know if you still want to change names via PM.

Mega Horny
15th June 2007, 04:59 PM
Aye, I withdraw from this tournament.

≠Mega Horny

mr_pikachu
15th June 2007, 08:20 PM
In that case, no more matches can be scheduled, so this tournament is over. Here are your final standings!

FINAL STANDINGS

. . . . . . . . . . . . . RD 1 . RD 2 . . . TOTAL
1 . Negrek (Negrek) . . . ++ . . W2 . . . . 2.0
2 . Q-l3x (Mega Horny). . B0 . . L1 . . . . 0.5[/CENTER]

Congratulations to our champion, Negrek! That's your second title in a row... think you can make it three?

I'll post the registration topic for our next tournament as soon as possible. Thank you to both of our competitors for participating. I think we'll have many more battlers in tournament #3! See you there!