PDA

View Full Version : National Dex and Pokemons gotten?

Dark-San
21st May 2007, 12:22 PM
Okay you see recently I had been getting and trading Pokemons from friends who had the earlier versions of the game like Yellow, Ruby and Gold versions. So much so that, I had the entire basic first form of all Pokemons from all the past three regions. Yeah but this topic is not actually to brag on this achievement but rather to display my concern on the National Dex issue.

You see I just completed my fourth gym battle and is now on the way to the fifth. From the looks of it, you would know that there is no way that I could have gotten the National Dex when I am still in the mist of gym battlings. However for some reasons when actually bred some of the older version pokemons with Ditto by leaving them with the Pokemon Care taker, they had evolved into their second evolutionary form.

Hence as such I am begining to worry if would the information fo their first form be capture in the National Dex after I have gotten it or would they just display the second evolutionary form's information?

Phoenixsong
21st May 2007, 05:41 PM
The first form's data will appear in the dex when you get it. Actually, it's already there; you just can't access it because you don't have the National Dex. It's the same thing as if you'd traded an evolution over before getting the National.