PDA

View Full Version : Egg moves

Dark-San
24th May 2007, 09:11 PM
Yesterday it was fun. I went on a mega trading and breeding pokemons with both Crazy Elf Boy, Blademaster and River. Besides that, I also did several mock battles with Roy and Blademaster too. All this in the name of completeing my Pokedex and picking out a sixth team member.

I am now leaning to either a Wobuffet or a Gengar. Both what worries me would be that I am planning to use some moves on both Wobuffet and Gengar but problem is that they are Egg moves. Any idea on how we go ahead to teach these skills to them?

Will they be present when they hatched out from the egg?

Jeff
24th May 2007, 09:50 PM
The male needs to know the moves you want the hatched pokemon to know. In the case of Ditto, the non-Ditto pokemon needs to know the moves. But moves can only be passed on this way if they are TMs, HMs, or egg moves, and yes, this is the only way to get egg moves. As for Wobby, the only thing I can think of that you mean as "egg moves" in that case are the moves Wynaut knows, so as long as you breed Wynaut instead of a Wobbuffet, you will have access to all 7 of Wobbuffet's moves as you level up.

TKnHappyNess
24th May 2007, 10:02 PM
Wobbuffet doesn't have any Egg moves, so you don't have to worry about it.

rinku
27th May 2007, 08:23 PM
But moves can only be passed on this way if they are TMs, HMs, or egg moves

Slight addition to this statement: moves that are known by BOTH parents and CAN be learned by the baby are learnable out of the egg. These take priority after Egg moves and machine moves known by the father/non-ditto.

This allows you to get some moves onto some pokémon at levels earlier than they would normally be able to learn them, which can be useful in level capped battles.