PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Wi-Fi Discovery

Mega Horny
25th May 2007, 07:54 PM
OK, so Blademaster and I were battling over Wi-fi, and suddenly I began to hear the 'dun-dunk' msn noise coming from my DS. But it happened everytime I sent Blademaster a message. I investigated further, and it turns out you can communicate with people who you're trading/battling with using the DS microphone. Creepy.

Houndoom_Lover
25th May 2007, 08:00 PM
OOoo! I know! The whole wi-fi thing baffal me to start with, and everything you can do...! It's all a little bit unsettaling (sp?) ^_^

Mega Horny
25th May 2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah...I mean, what if you were battling a Korean person?

Uiyai Knochi Outa Ei-Shoen!

Dark-San
25th May 2007, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't call it weird or crazy, it is just nothing to be surprised about actually. A few days ago, I traded a couple of pokey over to River. I was on the mobile chatting with a couple of my friends and she overheard it by accident though.

Pichu Luver
25th May 2007, 10:07 PM
Yes indeed perfectly normal, although startling if you're not expecting it. Like I told him, he scared the bejeezes out of me. Well I jumped in my seat, ^^''' cause you don't expect words to start coming out of it, lol. I said hello but he didn't have his sound on. So if your opponent is not expecting the sound to come through, well . . . *snickers* you might give them a fright.

classy_cat18
25th May 2007, 10:20 PM
Wait a minute. You guys didn't know about this? The chat feature is why I bought the stupid microphone. FYI, check your temper. The first time I battled via WiFi, my opponent said some crazy things.

Negrek
25th May 2007, 11:04 PM
Umm, yeah. Voice chat is enabled for all Wi-Fi activities, including trading and battling. I'm still surprised that people don't realize that...

Storm
26th May 2007, 10:20 AM
well.. if you dont use at least earphones, than the quality sucks..
i also found out during a battle.. i heared someone and his little brother scream and cry .. mwehehe

rinku
27th May 2007, 08:49 PM
Yes: Pokémon Diamond and Pearl - helping middle aged nerds* know that they've made little kids cry!

*(I am referring to myself here. No aspersions cast on any other posters - you could be teenage nerds for all I know! ;) )

AdventureSerum
28th May 2007, 02:26 PM
Wait a minute. You guys didn't know about this? The chat feature is why I bought the stupid microphone. FYI, check your temper. The first time I battled via WiFi, my opponent said some crazy things.

You have to buy the microphone?! I thought it was built into the DS!

Mahou_Shoujo
28th May 2007, 05:07 PM
Be sure to mind the music you play too. I found out someone I traded with had a fondness for rap music.

DarkestLight
28th May 2007, 05:18 PM
<< >> People can hear the music? Hrm.. lol

rinku
28th May 2007, 07:16 PM
You have to buy the microphone?! I thought it was built into the DS!

It is. He was referring to the optional headset, I assume.

Mahou_Shoujo
28th May 2007, 07:21 PM
It wasn't you when I heard the music, Dark. :P But I heard someone listening to WHOMP SHOOWIGGITY WHOMP WHOMP HANGING WITH MY NIGERIAN BUDDIES WOO! or something like that.

Negrek
28th May 2007, 08:58 PM
Yeahhh, that's why I try to remember to turn off my music before using Wi-Fi. Don't want to scar anyone for life with my awful tastes. ^^

Although for some reason, my brother always shows up and wants to chat when I'm using Wi-Fi, so people get to listen in on some weird conversations occasionally.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
29th May 2007, 09:24 AM
Yes... Messeur. Roy Karrde freaked the hell out of me when he spoke into the mic... LOL *twitches* I never turn the sound on my DS up while wifi-ing anymore :p