Greyfox
28th May 2007, 10:18 AM
Here are the terms:

2-on-2 [Double].
Grey chooses first.
Challenger attacks first.
2-week DQ time.
Recovery moves are banned.

With that said, I choose Perseus, my male Kirlia, and Danae, my female Riolu!

http://veekun.com/dex-images/dp/shiny/281.pnghttp://veekun.com/dex-images/dp/447.png

-Grey

Lady Vulpix
28th May 2007, 10:30 AM
I could try. It would be a good chance to see how Gail, my female Hoothoot, fares.

Along with Chip, my male Vaporeon.

Is that ok? And what's the arena like?

Greyfox
28th May 2007, 10:33 AM
I could go for a regular grass field; I always forget the arena though, for some reason.

-Grey

Greyfox
31st May 2007, 07:45 AM
I submitted a request in the Ref Tower, but no one's biting just yet.

-Grey

DarkestLight
7th June 2007, 04:58 PM
::Lurks...

sees the dangling battle....

pauses...

shocking speed!!

graceful lunge!!!

GRASPCLENCHRUNWITHIT!::

n_n Hey all! DL here-newbie ref on the scene with a passion for it. What say you let me ref-I promise to be damned quick about it too n_n

I will ask you two if you wish to have Energy Ko's allowed or not. Aside fROm that, LET'S GET IT ON!

Greyfox
7th June 2007, 11:51 PM
Huzzah! As far as I'm concerned, I have no qualms with energy-based knock outs, however, if Lady G feels otherwise, then that's alright too. Now to wait for the Lady to post her first attacks.

-Grey

Lady Vulpix
8th June 2007, 09:48 AM
Well, I guess if a pokemon runs out of energy it won't be able to attack, so it's as good as lost unless energy can be recovered by sitting idle for a while. Can it?

I'm at work now, but I'll try to post my moves either today or during the weekend (I also have a project to correct).

DarkestLight
8th June 2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah. I would make it relax for two moves - to regain 25% energy.

Lady Vulpix
11th June 2007, 06:23 AM
Sounds good to me. Sorry, I meant to post last night but I lost my Internet connection all of a sudden. It got fixed on its own too, so I guess it was something on the ISP's side.

Ok, Chip, use Attract on Danae and then Acid Armor, and hit Perseus with a Shadow Ball.
Gail, use Attract on Perseus, and then turn towards Danae and attack her with Confusion and Air Slash.

Greyfox
11th June 2007, 08:51 AM
Danae, keep your eyes closed to avoid Chip's flirtacious advances while simultaneously using Bulk Up! Follow that up with Blaze Kick on Gail, hopefully to break her concentration on her attack; when she hits you with Air Slash, Counter it.

Bulk Up (Eyes Closed) [Riolu] / Blaze Kick [Hoothoot] / Counter [Hoothoot]

Meanwhile, Perseus, I want you to close your eyes as well to avoid Gail's attraction, using Calm Mind. Then use Thunderbolt on Chip! Finally, when Chip shoots Shadow Ball your way, dodge it by Teleporting a few meters away!

Calm Mind (Eyes Closed) [Kirlia] / Thunderbolt [Vaporeon] / Teleport [Kirlia]

-Grey

DarkestLight
12th June 2007, 07:18 PM
EDIT: Told'ja

======It begins...======

A silent grassy knoll. Winding hills bend and sway with the rhythmic melodies one may hear if attuned with Nature here. On this knoll, I quietly was selling Lemonade to all the happy people...when two Trainers peacefully strolled up, and decided to have a battle.

Nonchalantly, I'm your ref today, DL, and here we go at the Battle of the Grassy Knoll!

===Stats===

Our only contention during this match are that no recovery moves are to be used...

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) F Riolu (Danae)
100/100 100/100
Both feeling good.
Danae: Bulk Up (Eyes Closed)/ Blaze Kick [G] / Counter [G]
Perseus: Calm Mind (Eyes Closed) / Thunderbolt [c] / Teleport

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) M Vaporeon (Chip)
100/100 100/100
Both doing alright.
Chip: Attract (D) ~Acid Armor ~Shadow Ball (P).
Gail:Attract(P) ~Confusion~(D) Air Slash (D)

Battle Round #1

Sipping silently, I studied the four Pokemon that were being used today. AS few bystanders sat down, picking some dandelions and watched as Perseus and Danae were revealed. Their opponents, Gail and Chip, were equally noted, as the match began. The Hoothoot and Vaporeon would then begin to dance together, Chip standing on his hind legs and Gail fluttering up to hold onto his forearms, as they began a dance of Attraction-directed at their foes.

As the beautiful music played (hey..where'd the violinist come from.?)...It would seem that both Perseus and Danae weren't of such privileged backgrounds, and both had their eyes closed. Perseus felt the vibes striking him, and wrapped her arms about his face, Calming him down enough to not fall for such..temptation of the Mind.

Danae was currently sitting, and flexing her arms back and forth as the waves washed over her. Staring into the darkness that was her eyelids, she gave them no recognition either, rather Bulking Up her defenses.

[G: -3E C: -3E -- /// -- D: -3E ((+ATK & DEF)) P: -3E((+Sp ATK & Sp. DEF))]

Noting their dance of Attraction didn't work, Chip bounced away from Gail, and lied down on the grass, rolling around a bit. Peculiar action noted, Perseus raised his arms, and began to conjour up a summoning of electricity. The Thunderbolt reached a higher yield potential that usual in a faster amount of time, and was then discarded at the Vaporeon.

Gail meanwhile, sped over to Danae, whom was running over to join her in some combat exercises. The little Kato lookalike jumped up in midair, as Hoothoot stopped to shoot a confusing set of waves at her. The aerial leap sent Danae behind Gail, to which Gail then felt a searing burn across her back as she spun out of the sky, Danae's Blaze Kick doing the trick. A harsh yelp would be heard from the other end of the field though, as Chip seemingly sprung up from the ground-a bit bluer...and also a bit more staticy.

[G: -4E/-6H C: -3E/-11H ((+DEF)) -- /// -- D: -5E P: -4E]

Charged, yet not paralyzed from that hit, Chip began to go on the offensive. Running at Perseus, his jaw would begin to glow, radiating a power from a realm parallelling our own. The technique would amass itself as a ball, subsequently ejected from his mouth, toward the waiting Perseus. In a trick unlike that you would spot at a good magic show, Perseus' location changed from where the Shadowball crashed, to a few meters away, Perseus giggling.

Danae meanwhile, was having the time of her life currently. She bent down, in order to anticipate Gail's next move, and Gail did not disappoint. The little owl shot over and past Danae, wings and talons out to complete a blitz-like Air Slashing. As she scarred the pup's face-Danae rolled her neck back and extended her arms, fingers grasping the end of the offending foot, and latched on. The owl was then pulled in a reverse direction and slammed over Danae's head, into the hill.

The hippies gasped at the act of violence, but as Gail got up, they clapped. Weird....

[G: -4E/-6H C: -5E -- /// -- D: -4E/-4H P: -3E]

===End Round===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 100/90% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def
F Riolu (Danae) 96/88% +1 Atk & Def
Both feeling good.

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 88/89%
M Vaporeon (Chip) 89/89% +2 Def
Both doing alright.

Grey, its your turn.

Arena Change: The hills are still peaceful. People watching. And Drinking Lemonade...

Greyfox
14th June 2007, 09:58 AM
Excellent work team!

Danae, quickly use an Agility + Poison Jab on Chip; he's our biggest threat at the moment. Then, use Shadow Claw!

Perseus, use Psychic to hold Chip down so he can't escape Danae's combo; then use Thunderbolt followed by Magical Leaf! Target: Chip!

-Grey

Lady Vulpix
18th June 2007, 10:41 AM
Chip, use Shadow Ball on Perseus to disrupt his concentration, then Dig out of the way and hit Danae on the way out.

Gail, drop some Toxic on Danae and then on Perseus, and then hit Perseus with a Silver Wind.

DarkestLight
18th June 2007, 05:56 PM
======It begins...======

A silent grassy knoll. Winding hills bend and sway with the rhythmic melodies one may hear if attuned with Nature here. On this knoll, I quietly was selling Lemonade to all the happy people...when two Trainers peacefully strolled up, and decided to have a battle.

Nonchalantly, I'm your ref today, DL, and here we go at the Battle of the Grassy Knoll!

===Stats===

Our only contention during this match are that no recovery moves are to be used...

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 100/90% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def
F Riolu (Danae) 96/88% +1 Atk & Def
Both feeling good.
Danae: Agility(C)~Poison Jab(C)~Shadow Claw(C)
Perseus: Psychic (C)~Thunderbolt(C)~ Magical Leaf(C)

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 88/89%
M Vaporeon (Chip) 89/89% +2 Def
Both doing alright.
Gail: Toxic(D)~Toxic(P)~Silver Wind(P)
Chip: Shadow Ball(P)~Dig...(D)

Battle Round #1

The second round began at a much more intense pace. How exciting. The combination of Perseus and Danae now began their true offensive capabilities. Perseus hung back, while Danae shot forward, quickly using her Agility to cover the distance between her and Chip. Perseus raised his hands, controlling what seemed to be a Psychic representation of Chip in his grasp. In this manifestation, he held Chip in place.

Chip would feel this rush of energy suddenly overtake him, as his jaws opened in retaliation. The smoldering ethereal energy gathering in his mouth would not be discontinued, but rather fired out rather forcefully as he was pinned to the ground. His partner Gail, fluttered over between Danae and Chip. Almost as if it was a surprise attack, Gail shot her Toxic skyward.

Chip's Shadowball shot through Gail, and continued on its bath toward Danae whom was running towards it. As one purple mass of energy flew up at the incoming Danae, the resourceful Riolu crossed her arms over her face, and rolled under the Shadowball. Almost immediately, she was on her feet, and quickly shielded her eyes and face from the second incoming purple mass shot by that...disgusting owl. Stopped in her tracks, she looked back, to see Perseus suddenly fall backwards by the Shadowball she dodged.

[G: -3E C: -5E/-8H -- /// -- D: -3E ((+SPD, T. Poisoned.)) P: -4E/-7H ]

Perseus's concentration let up, leaving Chip free to move any way he pleased. Almost immediately, the Vaporeon began to dig, tunneling himself under ground as fast as he could. Unfortunately, It was not fast enough it seemed. A punch ran across Chip's left side as Danae quickly got off her Poison Jab-aided by that purple goop that still adorned her azure fur..

Bumped off his digging endeavor, Chip shook off the hit, spotting Gail shooting a second ToxicBomb...one heading toward Perseus. Perseus looked toward the sky, unafraid of the purple mass in the sky. Instantly, his power could be seen as a thunderous mass of lightning shocking itself toward the still digging Chip.

Chip barely made a hole deep enough that the Thunderbolt crashed into the ground, fizzing itself out. Chip however, kept digging, knowing his next move.

As Perseus let the Thunderbolt rain towards its target, he spotted the purple rain, and tried to cover his face from the impact. It splashed over his body, leaving him with this purple streaks to contend with.

[G: -4E C: -4E/-6H ((R. Poisoned)) -- /// -- D: -5E P: -4E ((T. Poisoned))]

At this points, the hippies on the adjoining hill were worried that the purple rain might befall them. I quickly assured them that they had nothing to fear-and turned back to the battle at hand. Perseus did not seem too pleased with being drenched in poisonous grease, and was determined to alert Chip about it. Spinning in place, the Kirlia commanded some of the grass stalks and low lying leaves to be entranced by his power. As they swirled around him, he patiently waited for Chip to reappear...

Chip, unaware of the setup he was potentially digging up into, caught the wily Riolu's scent. Hasty as he could, the pace quickened. Riolu felt the tremor, and instantly jumped back, just as Chip raged out of the ground, slamming into the fleeing fighter. As Danae flew back, her composure was not broken. As she flew back, she swung out- an enigmatic surge of energy scratching out over the air and striking Chip back and off of her, as they both hit the ground. A sharp yelp left Chip, it would seem that Danae got Chip somewhere sensitive.

Perseus was ready to release the Magical leaf upon seeing the aquadog, until an incoming breeze ripped through his leaves and left him weakened. Upon one knee, he looked to his left, spotting the Hoothoot. He forgot all about Gail.

[G: -5E C: -3E/-8H -- /// -- D: -6E/-3H P: -5E/-5H]

As the round ended, all but Gail seemed to hiss in unison, as if their life force was taken away slightly. Gail wondered if it had anything to do with her purple rain.

===End Round===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 86/77% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P.)
F Riolu (Danae) 91/74% +1 Atk & Def, +2 Spd (T.P.)
Perseus: Annoyed at Gail with the sucker shots.
Danae: Still ready to go

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 88/77%
M Vaporeon (Chip) 64/77% +2 Def (R.P.)
Chip: Slightly urked, thankful for Gail.
Gail: A lil' weirded out that Shadowball came out her tummy, it tickled n_n.

T. Poisoned: Toxic Poisoned- 2% this round. Rises by 1% hereafter
R. Poisoned: Regular Poisoned. 3% this round and hereafter.

Lady, its your turn.

Arena Change: No real change. A small puddle of toxic goop still lies pretty close. A hippie left, upset at the dog getting hurt. (Chip)

Still got my Lemonade.

(Almost forgot Silver Wind was Special. :p)

Lady Vulpix
24th June 2007, 04:47 PM
Sorry for the delay, I had too much work this week.

Chip, use Double Team and then shoot two Shadow Balls at Perseus.

Gail, use Double Team as well, then use Extrasensory on Danae and help Chip by throwing a Shadow Ball at Perseus as well, but if someone tries to poison you, fly away from the attacker.

Greyfox
24th June 2007, 06:26 PM
Good work team, now let's close the gap!

Perseus, after Chip uses Double Team, I want you to use Magical Leaf to destroy the clones, then Disable his Shadow Ball. Finally, hit him hard with Thunderbolt!

Magical Leaf / Disable / Thunderbolt

Danae, your job is simple. Use Foresight to see through Gail's clones, then follow it up with Agility + Toxic. As Gail flies away from you, leap into the air after her with your increased speed and agility, then spit the toxins at her!

Foresight / Agility + Toxic

-Grey

DarkestLight
24th June 2007, 09:43 PM
======It begins...======

===Stats===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 86/77% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P.)
F Riolu (Danae) 91/74% +1 Atk & Def, +2 Spd (T.P.)
Perseus: Annoyed at Gail with the sucker shots.
Danae: Still ready to go
Danae: Foresight / Agility + Toxic (All @ Gail)
Perseus: Magical Leaf (Clones) / Disable (C)/ Thunderbolt(C)

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 88/77%
M Vaporeon (Chip) 64/77% +2 Def (R.P.)
Chip: Slightly urked, thankful for Gail.
Gail: A lil' weirded out that Shadowball came out her tummy, it tickled n_n.
Gail: Double Team~Extrasensory(D)~Shadowball(P)
((Sub-Evade if Poison comes your way))
Chip: Double Team ~Shadowball x2 (P)

Battle Round #3

The tertiary round has made the hippies somewhat intrigued. Although a very messy round, they still stick around. Hey, they're still helping my business \n_n/

Chip, still covered in a light layer of sand, quietly begins to shimmer. His glossy coat then seems to shatter, and when there was one, now there are 4. The Vaporeon quadruplets then look to their new querys with renewed interest for their meddlesome Thunderic insurgences. Gail followed suit, littering the field with a plethora of clones of herself as well, interwoven with the Chips. It would seem that Perseus and Danae were within an unfairly tilted battle, the odds now 4 to 1.

Danae did not seem phazed however. She covered her eyes, and knelt on the ground, partially to focus, and partially to evade the graceful leap Perseus accomplished. The Leaves that returned to dance with the Psychic flew away, determined to share their Magical joy with everyone in the area.

As the leaves swathed through the area, Gail instinctively flew up, to evade the storm. Chip was not so lucky, and met the attack head on unfortunatly. The leaves cut through all of his clones-as well as his thickened coat...

As the wounded Chip took a tentative step back, Danae stretched out from her crouch, eyes glazed over. A thin film seemed to envelop Gail just then, giving her location away to everyone.

[G: -4E(Sighted) C: -4E/-10H -- /// -- D: -3E P: -5E]

Chip, disgruntled his cover was disabled, would once again open his mouth. That etherium energy was once again called upon, the howls of the undead coalescing to give Chip control over this conglomeration of power. Perseus, fearing the worst, raised both arms up and focused his energy. Forming an X with his forearms, the resulting Psychic implementation flew toward Chip...but was in danger of hitting Danae in the back!

Chip fired his Shadowball, noting that its power was sufficient to sit Danae down as well as Perseus. With the battle heating up in intensity and with her in the hotseat, Danae took off like a shot; closing the gap between Chip and himself again. However, in a flash of speed that Chip was unaware that Riolu as a species could accomplish, Danae darted off of a small rock, and took to the skies, Agility ever heightening. The Shadowball whizzed past where Danae once stood, and collided into Perseus, a small whip of thick clouds obscuring if he had fallen or not. Chip looked up, and then was overcome by a slight tingling of his fur. He could not place the feeling however.

Perseus however, was still standing-to Chip's dismay. Smoldering, ghostly energy smearing off his arms, Perseus seemed better than what he should be.

Skyward, Gail was already spotting her target soaring toward her. Twirling in midair, the clones that survived the assault and herself began to simultaneously glow. The energy needed though would nullify the clones existence, and all be channeled into this Extrasensory blast, that sent Danae through a rivulet of pain in the air. Knocked off her flight path, Danae fell back toward the ground, a tree in her direct path....

[G: -6E C: -6E (Disabled hereafter.) -- /// -- D: -3E/-8H P: -3E/-7H]

Chip-disgusted his power didn't seem sufficient enough, ran at Perseus again, jaws glowing with that same energy again. At least, he hoped that, as he lunged upward, daring to fire this Shadowball at close range. Perseus looked up, no fear in his eyes, as he cocked his hands forward, and fired off his own Thunderbolt.

Chip threw his head back, but realized there was no recoil. There was no attack! He couldn't use it! Frightened currently, the Thunderbolt that assaulted his body caused him to fall to the ground in a heap in front of Perseus, whom merely lowered his forearms and took a defensive step back.

Danae was in a world of trouble. A tree in her immediate future, she regained composure, and fell through the canopy. Once a suitable branch was sighted, hands outstretched to grasp a hold. Claws help to carve her momentum reversal as she revolved twice over the branch, before throwing herself skyward, back at the foolish little Hoothoot.

Gail however, was not under the influence of the Disabling technique-and as such, began to charge up another ghastly force to rail Perseus with. However, her attention was utterly diverted, as a blue streak shot above her. Looking up, she spotted Danae above her, fist glowering with an odd purple energy. Instantly, she made to fly away, but Danae's height gave her the immediate advantage. As Danae fell back toward the earth again, a hefty lob of Toxic fluids was lobbed. Gail, banking upward, flew right into the mass of poison, but still completed her objective as she careened toward the ground.

Looking at Chip, Perseus suddenly was knocked backwards by the onset of a weaker, yet still dangerous Shadowball. Damn bird DID IT AGAIN ><!

[G: -5E((T.Poisoned)) C: -12H --///-- D: 5E* P: -5E/-6H]

Heh, the Hippies gave Danae as set of 9's for that gymnastic move on the branch...but as it would seem now, all of the battlers seem a bit sicker...

===End Round===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 70/64% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P. 3%)
F Riolu (Danae) 80/63% +1 Atk & Def, +4 Spd (T.P. 3%)
Perseus: Pleased at his effectiveness
Danae: Got 9's. u_u Must be better, or Russia will disown her...

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 86/62% ((Foresighted//T.P.) 2%
M Vaporeon (Chip) 39/67% +2 Def (R.P.) 3%
Chip: Shadowball Disabled for ...4 moves. Badly hurt, tired.
Gail: Was HOPING not to get poisoned. Stinking ninjadog.

*Danae lost a bit more energy due to her having to get skyward in order to hit Gail.

Grey, its your turn.

Arena Change: No real change. Hippies now intrigued.

Greyfox
25th June 2007, 10:18 AM
Excellent work, duo. Now let's get ready for another round!

Perseus, start off by Singing your foes to sleep, then use Dream Eater on Chip until he awakens. Use Shock Wave if and when he wakes up.

Sing / Dream Eater / Dream Eater
Shock Wave

Danae, cover your ears while using Double Team. Then, use Swords Dance followed by Rock Slide on Gail!

Double Team / Swords Dance / Rock Slide

Ralts learns Sing in XD: Gale of Darkness, just so you know.

-Grey

Lady Vulpix
25th June 2007, 05:32 PM
If you're going to play it that way...

Gail, use Supersonic on Perseus to jumble his song. Then use Hypnosis on him, and then Aerial Ace on Danae.

Chip, ignore the sounds and dig away. If you can hit an opponent on your way out, do so. Otherwise just try to avoid attacks. Lastly, use Flail on Danae.

If any of you falls asleep, use Sleep Talk until you wake up.

DarkestLight
25th June 2007, 06:55 PM
======It begins...======

===Stats===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 70/64% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P. 3%)
F Riolu (Danae) 80/63% +1 Atk & Def, +4 Spd (T.P. 3%)
Perseus: Pleased at his effectiveness
Danae: Got 9's. u_u Must be better, or Russia will disown her...
Danae: Double Team~Swords Dance~Rock Slide
Perseus: Sing~Dream Eater (C)~Dream Eater(C)
Sub: Shock Wave if Chip awakens

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 86/62% ((Foresighted//T.P.) 2%
M Vaporeon (Chip) 39/67% +2 Def (R.P.) 3%
Chip: Shadowball Disabled for ...4 moves. Badly hurt, tired.
Gail: Was HOPING not to get poisoned. Stinking ninjadog.
Gail: Supersonic~Hypnosis~Aerial Ace
Chip: Dig~la~Flail(D)
Sub: Sleep Talk if asleep!

Battle Round #3

With Gail fluttering back and forth, and Danae picking herself off the ground, this round may signify a huge turning point in the match. Chip whimpers as he picks himself up, silently gearing himself up to deal with the actions he has to complete next. Unmoved by the whimpers of pain, Perseus begins to give Chip and Gail a show, Danae an innocent bystander.

Vocal chords relaxed, before a melodic serenade began to spring from the Kirlia. It spend through the air..only to get heavily distorted by the intermittent sounds of shrill waves piercing the air. Gail showed a look of approval as Perseus's song was completely misinterpreted by all.

Danae, knowing the true effect of the song, did as instructed, covering her ears. As such, she gave herself the mental silence needed in order to create a suitable number of clones for her to confuse the pair that were battling. 5 Riolus now stood on the field of battle...gearing up to take out....Gail?

Perseus suddenly appeared, covered in dirt and claw marks. Looking back from the hole he climbed out of, it would seem Chip decided to start digging! Gone he was from sight.

[G: -3E C: -2E -- /// -- D: -4E P: -4E]

As I refilled lemonade for the hippies (who were concerned about Chip passing out underground from lack of air), I spotted Chip's beeline toward one of the Riolu's. I was positive that this was a mistake, but I am merely a ref. Looking back to Danae, her form began to undergo an intricate dance. In fact, it would seem that Danae took the meaning of dancing with herself quite literally, as the Riolu's seemed to be doing just that.

Gail, unperturbed by this occurance-would resume her pock shots at Perseus, whom was utterly annoyed at that bird. Looking for his target however, he began to channel up that explosive energy again, wondering when the pup was going to unearth itself.

The intermittence of silent suggestion waves did not even come to his mind. Perseus was so focused, that he thought it was his own thoughts, telling him to relax..that it'll happen when it will happen, that he could take a nap and still catch Chip...that a nap was needed to use more power...

Gail chirped with glee. Her medley of chirping would alert Chip, whom made a beeline for Perseus, lunging out of the ground and slamming into the psychic with all his might!

[G: -4E C: -4E -- /// -- D: -4E (+2 ATK) P: [Sleep]]

Perseus was currently asleep, hard. His own thoughts used against him, Gail thought it suitable to now attack Danae. Turning around, the small pup was already running toward her however. From all directions. Fearing for her safety, she flew straight up, attaining a sky blue hue on her. Banking before diving, the Hoothoot would notice a series of brown objects in her peripheral. A swift turn alerted her to the fact that there was a slew of rocks headed directly for her!

Closing her eyes, the diveboming Ace of a flier would let her own intuition gude her to the real Danae-to Danae's dismay. Her fear only heightened becasue of Chip, running right toward her as well-he was watching Gail so he could not make a mistake and harm Danae as well.

What made this situation more dangerous was that Gail was gonna crash right into her-with the rocks right behind! Danae flipped backwards, to try and confuse the missile bird. Gail, unfearful slammed into Danae, hitting her full force. Gail then pulled up, her angle allowing her to evade the Rock Slide trailing her. Chip, seeing the real Danae fly backwards, made a sharp left, but then stopped as a tonnage of rocks fell upon his form.

Getting up, Danae managed to shake off that hit well enough, but her clones were done for. Drat. Gail was nowhere to be seen, and Danae quickly ran over to the rock pile to see if it trapped the avian. To her dismay, a ravenous set of claws and aquatic rage sprang from the debris, and laid a severe amount of pain on Danae's form. Once complete, Chip bounced backwards, feeling sicker than ever.

In fact, they all did...even the sleeper Perseus.

[G: -5E C: -8E/-11H --///-- D: -6E/-8H P: ZZZ]

The hippies clapped for Chip, seeing him alive for another round.

===End Round===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 66/60% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P. 4%)
F Riolu (Danae) 64/49% +3 Atk, +1 Def, +4 Spd (T.P. 4%)
Perseus: zzzz
Danae: Unsure what just occurred!

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 83/50% ((Foresighted//T.P.) 3%
M Vaporeon (Chip) 25/53% +2 Def (R.P.) 3%
Chip: Shadowball Disabled for ...1 move. Badly hurt, tired.
Gail: Soaring free!!!

Lady, its your turn.

Arena Change: Rocks a bit more strewn about.

Greyfox
1st July 2007, 02:03 PM
Bumping for L_V's sake.

-Grey

Lady Vulpix
3rd July 2007, 02:27 PM
I'm sorry. I had an extremely busy weekend (problems at university with an exam that went wrong and now we have to make another one) and now I'm leaving for a week. I'll understand if you want to DQ me. But if you don't...

Chip, I want you to Bite Perseus, then step back and use Water Pulse on Danae, and then gather that water with Surf and use it to attack Danae again. But if a Super Effective move comes your way, protect yourself (using Protect, that is).

Gail, use Confusion on Danae, then Silver Wind on Perseus and finish with a Shadow Ball, also at Perseus.

See you next week!

DarkestLight
3rd July 2007, 05:36 PM
Grey, all you. :O I usually let hefty things like that slide, and I'm having fun with this battle n_n

Greyfox
4th July 2007, 09:13 AM
There's no way I'd let this battle get DQ'd, G, so no worries.

Danae, use Screech to disable Gail's concentration, followed by Focus Blast on Chip! Finish out the round with Facade, also on Chip.

Screech / Focus Blast / Facade

Perseus, that bite's surely gonna wake you up, so immediately after, use Sunny Day! Follow that up with Double Team, then use Psychic to throw Chip into Gail! However, use Sleep Talk for any action that you're still asleep.

Sunny Day / Double Team / Psychic
Sleep Talk

-Grey

DarkestLight
4th July 2007, 01:51 PM
======It begins...======

===Stats===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 66/60% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P. 4%)
F Riolu (Danae) 64/49% +3 Atk, +1 Def, +4 Spd (T.P. 4%)
Perseus: zzzz
Danae: Unsure what just occurred!
Danae: Screech(G)~Focus Blast(C)~Facade(C)
Perseus: Sunny Day~Double Team~Psychic(C)
Sub: Sleep Talk

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 83/50% ((Foresighted//T.P.) 3%
M Vaporeon (Chip) 25/53% +2 Def (R.P.) 3%
Chip: Shadowball Disabled for ...1 move. Badly hurt, tired.
Gail: Soaring free!!!
Gail: Confusion(D)~Silver Wind(P)~Shadowball(P)
Chip: Bite(P)~Water Pulse(D)~Surf(D)
Sub: Protect

Battle Round #4

The fourth round starts on a somber note. Chip, obviously hurting, trembles a moment, giving off a warcry before dashing over toward Perseus. The sleeping Psychic was unknowingly in deep trouble, and as such, felt the fangs in his arm momentarily. On cue, he jumped up with a start, pulling away from Chip with anguish in his eyes.

Those eyes then looked to the sky, as Danae darted past, running through what seemed to be a parting in the clouds, sunlight pouring over them all. She skidded near Gail and gave off her own answer to Chip's cry, a Screech that collided with Gail as she reared her head back to deliver confusing psychic energies at Danae. As such, the Confusion never came to be, and Danae was on the move again....

[G: -4E ((Def -2)) C: -5E -- /// -- D: -4E P: -4E/-7H]

The hippies clapped at the arrival of the sun. I quickly plugged in my juicer and watched as lemons disappeared down the chute, returning to the world as juice for consumption. Perseus, still a tad groggy, took a moment to think about his predicament. Seeing the odds were still in their favor, why not increase it. A shimmer and his form split apart into 4 reflections...

Until the wind blasted by him. He crossed his arms glaring as the wind ripped at his sides, giving him the shivers. The Silver Wind being produced by the repetitive flapping of mini wings was more than enough to nullify the Double Team. Gail approved and flapped around a bit more, feeling a pride swell up in her body. Almost as if she was better adept at battling from all parameters.

Danae though, was not appreciative of his partner being bit, and began to head toward Chip. Heightened reflexes allowed her to quickly assert energy into her fists as she moved in. Chip though, didn't waste any time as well, and fired off a full powered Water Blast at Danae, upset the Sunlight weakened it.

Danae didn't fear; and jumped toward it, firing the Blast she had been focusing on right through it((Can we say Hadoken n_n)). The Pulse was utterly nullified and Chip was to be on the receiving end of a Focus Blast.

[G: -6E {All +1] C: -5E/-16H -- /// -- D: -11E P: -5E/-7H ]

Chip, feeling the effects from that blast, shook his head. Lucky his fur was thick or he may have let Gail down just then. A hippie clapped for Chip, and that was a small addition of motivation for Chip to dart over and dive toward a puddle. The ground seemed to shake, and Chip into a rising geyser of water, that began to blanket the field.

Danae and Perseus stood side by side as the wave came toward them both. Perseus, unafraid, raised her hands and began to manipulate her energies to grab Chip from his lofty perch. Snagged Chip was thrown off of his own Surf, and flung headlong toward Gail. The wave smashed down then, Danae and Perseus crushed under its weight

Gail however, was behind the wave, and spotted the incoming Chip, whom seemed unconscious. Her own attack was fired, moments before she was collided into by the unconscious Chip. To make matters worse, Danae had ran headlong through the wave's aftermath and was able to catch up and ram her shoulder into Chip as he collided with Gail, the Facade throwing them both back harder then natural.

Perseus though, looked up from the wave, to be hit by a quick flying Shadowball. The blast threw her backwards, leaving her to lie amongst the puddles

[G: -5E/-6H C: -8E/-15H --///-- D: -5E/-6H P: -6E/-12H]

A purple wave encompassed them all, although Chip...was done for. Two hippies cried out in anguish, saddened the waterpup was gone ._.

===End Round===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 41/45% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P. 5%)
F Riolu (Danae) 50/29% +3 Atk, +1 Def, +4 Spd (T.P. 5%)
Perseus: z..Ow!?!?!
Danae: YES! Shoulder ftw!

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 73/35% ((Def -1, All other stats +1//Foresighted//T.P.) 4%
M Vaporeon (Chip) 0/35%
Chip: X_x. Chip is K.o.ed.
Gail: Under Chip's body. OMG get it off me it smells like wet fur..ALL DAY!

Grey, you can take yer time, lol

Arena Change: Water pushed the rocks around.
Sunny Day for 4 more rounds

Greyfox
10th July 2007, 06:39 PM
Excellent work, team; now our only concern is a hoothoot that once belonged to Dan. Now let's get to work!

Perseus, Double Team again, then follow up with Thunderbolt twice! However, if she uses any evasive moves, substitute Thunderbolt for Shock Wave!

Double Team / Thunderbolt / Thunderbolt
Shock Wave

Danae, relax for a moment, then use Rock Slide, followed by Crunch!

Relax / Rock Slide / Crunch

-Grey

Greyfox
12th July 2007, 10:24 PM
Up for Lady G.

-Grey

Greyfox
15th July 2007, 04:12 PM
Up for Lady G II

-Even Upier

Greyfox
19th July 2007, 02:26 AM
Up for Lady G II

-This Time, It's Personal!

Greyfox
24th July 2007, 02:13 PM
I'd hate to do the DQ dealie, but, Gabi, if you don't post from now until 7:39 this evening, I'm gonna force myself to...

-Grey

DarkestLight
24th July 2007, 04:15 PM
::Watches clock tick.:: And it was starting off so well too ..::Hates to see matches die:: ;_;

Lady Vulpix
24th July 2007, 04:22 PM
Oops! Sorry, I've been so busy I lost track of ASB altogether. I'll post now and make some awful mistake that will undoubtedly hinder me. In any case it's better than leaving you waiting.

Gail, use Confusion and then Fly, both on Danae (I'm assuming Fly takes 2 turns).

DarkestLight
24th July 2007, 08:17 PM
o.O...Oh!

::Was about to say "Where's Chip's actions?!" When he's FAINTEDEDEDEDED!!!

======It begins...======

===Stats===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 41/45% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P. 5%)
F Riolu (Danae) 50/29% +3 Atk, +1 Def, +4 Spd (T.P. 5%)
Perseus: z..Ow!?!?!
Danae: YES! Shoulder ftw!
Danae: Relax~Rock Slide~Crunch
Perseus: Double Team~Thunderbolt x2
Sub: Shock Wave

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 73/35% ((Def -1, All other stats +1//Foresighted//T.P.) 4%

Gail: Confusion(D)~Fly(D)~Fly(D)

Battle Round #5

With the premier fact that Chip is out of the match, a slight air of trepidation is seen over on Gail, who now has this match riding on her small wingspan. Undaunted by fear, that brave little Hoothoot stared Danae down.

Perseus found that brief relief to execute herself a seance. Soon, the area was now littered with Kirlia, 5 in all. With all of them holding hands, their energy seemed to multiply.

Danae meanwhile, sat down, and lazily stared over at Gail, thinking this was to be a mere breeze for her skill. Unfair judgment on her part, as she rolled backwards onto her head from the rapid blast of Psychic energy

[G: -5E -- /// -- D: (+5E)-8H P: -4E]

Upset she was struck by that foolish bird, Danae kipped up. Perseus and co turned their attention toward Gail, and shot out a most powerful Thunderbolt! Danae jumped up in tandem with Perseus release of energy, conjuring up the rocks she had nearby, and throwing them with such speed and momentum that it seemed as if they were Sliding from the sky.

Gail smirked, and shot straight upward almost instantly, both attacks hitting mere earth.

[G: -6E -- /// -- D: -7E P: -7E ]

Seeing Gail shoot vertically made all the hippies stare up, and then clap for her. One even came to me and asked for more lemonade n_n. But I knew better, and pointed, as a small dot came searing down toward Danae, whom was running toward the bird.

It seemed foolish, until I noticed the Perseus brothers rearing to collectively throw a massive amount of electrical energy at the brown dot. That they did, directly behind Danae?

Danae lunged up immediately, and Gail cut her off, swooping strong and throwing Danae back before sher could get close enough to clamp those jaws. Unfortunately, Danae's plan was merely to get her with aiming range, as the electrical energy ran through Gail, harking the fall of the avian from grace.

[G: -4E/-9H -- D: -6E/-9H P: -7E]

A purple wave encompassed them all just then. Gail feeling the pain worse than Danae or Perseus.

===End Round===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 35/27% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P. 6%)
F Riolu (Danae) 27/21% +3 Atk, +1 Def, +4 Spd (T.P. 6%)
Perseus:Think Stepford..husbands?
Danae: ...Blasted bird...

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 59/20% ((Def -1, All other stats +1//Foresighted//T.P. 5%
)

Gail: Fallen, but not forgotten.

Sunny Day for 3 more rounds

Greyfox
24th July 2007, 08:42 PM
Wait... wouldn't the first action of Fly be considered an evasive move? I had a counter for that in Shock Wave...

*shrug*

-Grey

DarkestLight
24th July 2007, 08:54 PM
I was thinking that too. I went with the explanation that since Fly is a two part move, it wasn't really evasion, but setting it up . However, if you feel that is inadequate, I can quickly edit it.

Greyfox
24th July 2007, 08:59 PM
Hm... nah, 's alright. I'm content.

-Grey

Greyfox
25th July 2007, 05:42 PM
Once again!

-Grey

Lady Vulpix
29th July 2007, 03:26 PM
Alright, Gail, use Reflect to shelter yourself from Perseus's attacks, then use Extrasensory and Air Slash, both on Danae.

Greyfox
30th July 2007, 01:56 PM
Perseus, wait until Danaë attacks, then fire off three Thundercloudbolts!

Thunderbolt / Thunderbolt / Thunderbolt

Danaë, Brick Break to destroy her shield, then use Rock Slide again. Then Roar to drown out her final attack!

Brick Break / Rock Slide / Roar

-Grey

DarkestLight
30th July 2007, 05:46 PM
======It begins...======

===Stats===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 35/27% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P. 6%)
F Riolu (Danae) 27/21% +3 Atk, +1 Def, +4 Spd (T.P. 6%)
Perseus:Think Stepford..husbands?
Danae: ...Blasted bird...
Danae: Brick Break~Rock Slide~Roar
Perseus: Thunderbolt x3

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 59/20% ((Def -1, All other stats +1//Foresighted//T.P. 5%)
Gail: Reflect~Extrasensory~Air Slash

Battle Round #6

This doesn't look good. The hippies all quickly purchase some more home-grown lemonade, before returning to their seats and watching how Gail's gong to come out of this one.

She's ready though. Wings hastily beat, as Danae comes speeding over to her. Perseus stays back-as usual, but begins glowing yellow. As soon as the pane of light was created over her body, Danae came in with a strong attack, Reflecting the light so much that it Broke under her Brick like fists! Gail flipped backwards, and then felt the heavens wrath, as a Thunderbolt struck her head on, making her fall from the sky.

[G: -6E/-17H -- /// -- D: -6E P: -7E]

Shaking off that first round hit, Gail took to the skies again, before beckoning the powers that were invisible. It shot alongside her as she flew toward Perseus, whom was rearing to fire a second bolt from the heavens. Danae however, had other plans. Running alongside Gail, she had an armful of rocks at the ready, and jumped at the flying avian, letting the boulders slide out of her grasp-until she was struck vertically by the Extrasensory attack. The Rock Slide made Gail use every inch of avian aptitude she could muster, but one large rock clipped her left wing. Banking hard, she was a sitting duck for Perseus's second Thunderbolt.

[G: -7E/-21H -- /// -- D: -7E/-10H P: -7E ]

With hardly anything else left to muster, Gail was up again. She was eying the fighter and waved her wings around forcefully, throwing a column of air at Danae. Danae flipped backwards and began to echo out a Roar-that shook Gail up enough for her to begin to flee like the wind. Perseus' third bolt had some work to do, as Gail seared across the area, trying desperately to make distance between her and Danae. Unfortunately Gail's flight ended in the trunk of a tree- which would be fried by a incoming T-bolt.

A pained screech was heard, as Danae flipped backwards from the Aerial Slash! It REALLY hurt!

[G: -6E/-10H -- D: -5E/-10H P: -7E]

A purple wave encompassed them all just then. Gail wheezed and fluttered free from the bark, before falling. Danae coughed...and fell unconscious from the battle! Perseus also felt horrid, and held his chest

===End Round===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 28/6% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P. 7%)
F Riolu (Danae) 0/3% +3 Atk, +1 Def, +4 Spd (T.P. 7%)
Perseus: Weakened, but ready.
Danae: NOOO! ::FALLS::

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 5/1% ((Def -1, All other stats +1//Foresighted//T.P. 6%)
Chip: Fallen, but not forgotten.

Sunny Day for 2 more rounds

Greyfox
30th July 2007, 06:10 PM
You've done well, Danaë. I'll evolve you soon. Perseus, remain calm - relax for the entire round.

Lady Vulpix
30th July 2007, 06:18 PM
Well, I guess this is it. With recovery moves banned and Gail being at 5% HP and about to lose it all from poisoning, I think it means the victory's yours, Grey. It was a good battle, sorry for having made you wait for so long.

Greyfox
30th July 2007, 07:17 PM
T'was no problem, Gabi. Thanks for battling; thank-you, DL, as well, for reffing.

Lady Vulpix
31st July 2007, 05:56 AM
Yes, thank you, DarkestLight, your reffings were fun to read. :)

DarkestLight
31st July 2007, 04:47 PM
Aww, thanks you two. Oddly enough, this battle really helped me to understand Double Battles better, so I thank you two for letting me ref it.

======It begins...======

===Stats===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 28/6% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P. 7%)
F Riolu (Danae) 0/3% +3 Atk, +1 Def, +4 Spd (T.P. 7%)
Danae: NOOO! ::FALLS::
Perseus: Relax

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 5/1% ((Def -1, All other stats +1//Foresighted//T.P. 6%)
Chip: Fallen, but not forgotten.
Gail:

Battle Round #7

Well, this was surely a climactic ending. The wind whistled, and the hippies quietly pondered if Gail would try to her utmost to defeat the wily Perseus, or would she slink off the battlefield. It was to be the latter, as the wave of purple swept over her. She was trying to relax, but as the sun began to lose its grip over the knoll..she too, began to sweep free of consciousness..

...Gail folks, has fainted, leaving our cool-calm and collected Perseus as the winner! This is DL, and you all have a good night n_~!

===End Round===

The Arbiter
M Kirlia (Perseus) 20/6% +1 Sp. Atk & Sp. Def (T.P. 8%)

Lady Vulpix
F Hoothoot (Gail) 0/1% ((Def -1, All other stats +1//Foresighted//T.P. 7%)
Gail: X_X!

Sunny Day no mo!

The Arbiter (Grey) wins: 2 points
Lady Vulpix wins: 1 point
Dl receives: 2 points and another completed reffing! Sweet!