PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Snap

AdventureSerum
28th May 2007, 12:34 PM
You can say all you want about Puzzle League, Stadium and Stadium 2, Hey You, Pikachu and all the other Pokemon games for N64, but I think the one that remains fondest in my memories is Pokemon Snap. This quick and simple game appears innocent and easy on the outside, but only to deceptively hide some of the hardest feats to accomplish of any video game to date. Some of the valuable shots were easy to get, like Pikachu on a surfboard and singing Jigglypuff. However, the others, such as a somewhat halfway decent shot of Mew and the illustriously impossible-to-get Pikachu riding Articuno marked the game as quite a challenge. I myself have only gotten Pikachu with the balloons as my hardest shot, and that was tough enough. What are some of the million-to-one chance shots that you guys have gotten.

Saffire Persian
2nd June 2007, 12:49 AM
LOL. Oddly enough, I have no trouble getting Pikachu and the Articuno shot, EVER. XD I can get it 98% of the time when I try now. And I loved the game a ton a few years back. ^_^ All you have to do is throw the pester balls highish when you go into the cave, but throw them as close to the side of the cave wall as you can, and you'll hit the Zubat or whatever was carrying the Pikachu. >.>

Crazy Elf Boy
2nd June 2007, 01:28 AM
Pikachu with balloons?, Pikachu riding articuno?

*Runs off to find pokemon snap*

AdventureSerum
2nd June 2007, 07:37 PM
Can you give me in-depth instuctions on how to get the "pikachu riding articuno" shot? I tried getting the pic the way you suggested earlier several times today, and all I managed was one lousy pikachu on balloons from like a mile away. How is it done?!

Jeff
2nd June 2007, 09:14 PM
I think that was one shot I was never able to get, but I still remember it had to do with the timing, you had to make sure that Pikachu was in the right spot near Articuno's egg when you played the flute. I think I was able to actually do that but it happened too late so I wasn't able to get a good shot of it.

Saffire Persian
2nd June 2007, 11:13 PM
Can you give me in-depth instuctions on how to get the "pikachu riding articuno" shot? I tried getting the pic the way you suggested earlier several times today, and all I managed was one lousy pikachu on balloons from like a mile away. How is it done?!

Umm, I'll try. If I had a screenshot of the cave level, RIGHT as you come into the entrance of the part of the cave where the Articuno is, I could help you better.

All right, from memory.

As you come into that part of the cave (where the egg is, of course) on your left is the cave wall you're very close to. Up ahead, you'll see the Pikachu being carried by the Zubat. Your sole mission here is to lob pester balls like mad.

All right, you want to aim them to get the Zubat to let go of the Pikachu - the sooner the better, but as long as you get it down, I *think* you'll be okay, nevertheless. How I do it, is the wall of the cave on your left will like.. slant off into this smooth slab (Like coming around a corner of something - I wish I had a screenshot.) But you want to aim your pesterballs RIGHT by the side of that left wall without hitting it, and keep it highish, and you should end up hitting the Zubat, and you'll know because Pikachu will scream and he'll float down on balloons.

Now, as long as you've hit that Pikachu, play the Pokeflute continuously so the Articuno egg hatches. If you hit PIkachu early, you can get great shots of him and his baloony self, as well as him on the ground - he getes ticked at the sound of the POkeflute, and will Thunderbolt like crazy. Anyway, as you exit that part of the cave (and you can stop playing the flute once Articuno hatches) you need to face backwards as you head out of the cave; with any luck, you'll see Articuno flying towards you - with Pikachu on his back! The earlier you get the Pikachu down, I think, the closer of a shot you'll get (it's never WHOMG close, though, and I get the Pikachu down fairly early). Anyway, keep PIkachu in the center of the Photo, not Articuno - you'll get more points for that.

Hope that helps. I'll eh.. try to find some screenshots somewhere.

Edit: What the crap. o.0 Did the Japanese get a level that we didn't?

http://media.ign64.ign.com/media/002/002335/imgs_11.html

o.o Ekans.. Meowth.. WTH.. Did I miss something with my N64? XD

Jeff
3rd June 2007, 07:21 AM
Looks like it was just an early beta version of the beach, has alot of the beach pokemon like Meowth, Pidgey, and Snorlax. I don't remember Ekans being in the game at all though...

AdventureSerum
3rd June 2007, 11:36 AM
I wish they'd make an up-to-date version of this game with all the pokemon. Thanks for the instructions!

Drago
3rd June 2007, 07:54 PM
My main memories of this game was that Oak was a moron who loved the miserable pictures more than ones that actually looked good. I snapped beautiful pics of Weepinbell and Doduo and he thought they were so-so, then I snapped pics where I had assaulted them with Pester Balls and their corpses were lying sprawled on the ground. 'Ooh! It's fainted! ...Well done!'
And let's not even start on his third-favourite picture, with two Vulpix essentially mooning the camera...