PDA

View Full Version : The RPG Request Line

Asilynne
28th May 2007, 04:57 PM
Hey, so you know theres a thread for showing off your rpg ideas and getting feedback, so I decided to make a lil thread for the other side of the coin---All of you people out there who have a craving for a certain type of RPG, a craving that needs to be filled by your fellow RPers, but are either too lazy or unequipped to actually manage that type of RPG (there is no shame in this my bretheren).

So ride on up through the drive through, speak through the voice distorting microphone and place your order for what you really crave in an RPG. Here at RPG King all of the employees are paid better than minmum wage and are happy to serve.

Here are a few things I order from the RPG store, if anyone thinks they can fulfill this craving (or are also craving) post here and get your creative juices flowing.

~A Good DBZ RPG, been craving a GOOD one for awhile, seems many of them died :<

~A school RPG, I might make one but Id like to join one first

~THE JUNGLE Gee but who could do this RPG I dont know I think his name has to do with plants...... :>

(No this thread did not have ulterior motives >.> lol j/k)

Feel free to post your cravings or satisfy anothers craving :D

Weasel Overlord
28th May 2007, 05:46 PM
THE JUNGLE!! THE JUUUNGGGLLLEE!!! And believe me, not a chat goes by when I do not pester el Jobo about The Jungle. >_< My character has been ready for AGES!!

My RPG urges fluctuate, but at the moment, spurred on by my obsessive Pokemon-Pearl-and-FFXII-playing, I'd say:

Pokemon! GIMME A POKEMON RPG THAT DOESN'T DIE!!
And Final Fantasy. Any Final Fantasy. Don't let it die. -_-

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
29th May 2007, 02:30 AM
I'm actually mad for a [japanese-style] high school RP... Pokemon and Final Fantasy seconded.

AND YES! THE JUNGLE! Because I have actual sidestoryplot thingers planned out (something that happens once in a blue moon)!

Bulbasaur4
29th May 2007, 12:35 PM
I'd like a HS RPG as well... and pokemon tooooo!!! And then I'd be able to SUMMON MASTER CAIN!! THE EARL OF AWESOMENESSS!!

XD

Toxicity
30th May 2007, 10:29 PM
HS sounds really good...perhaps something somewhat like The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi?

I'd help on the Pokemon issue, but I'd really like to have some assistance in developing ideas and whatnot. So, if interested in trying to work with somebody such as myself on one that (hopefully) won't die, PM me or contact me on MSN or something like that.

Drusilla
31st May 2007, 12:45 AM
Hm... Maybe I'll work on a crossover idea that's been floating around in the back of my head. It's based on a Pokemon-FF-high school crossover that was done several years ago, before most of you kids were around. :D

I NEED VAMPIRES. Dammit.

Toxicity
31st May 2007, 08:24 PM
Dru! I'll help if you decide that you'll do that Poke-FF-HS crossover-majig!

...I think I may actually know what you're talking about; odd enough, I think it was from when I first joined in '03, as well. o_o

Bulbasaur4
1st June 2007, 01:55 PM
okay.. this is an 'out in the ballpark' question but... would anyone (other than myself and McNinja. XD) Be interested in a Bleach RPG?

I just started watching it... (I'm gonna watch the whole damn anime thus far though!) ... and was just wonder'n. ^_^

classy_cat18
1st June 2007, 02:07 PM
okay.. this is an 'out in the ballpark' question but... would anyone (other than myself and McNinja. XD) Be interested in a Bleach RPG?

I just started watching it... (I'm gonna watch the whole damn anime thus far though!) ... and was just wonder'n. ^_^

Oooh! Me! MEEEEEE! I LOVE BLEACH!

Haruko
1st June 2007, 02:13 PM

I'd be careful with the anime.;x It's decent! But the Bount arc is ehh, fillery. <3 Bleach though, I'd defiantly be interested.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
1st June 2007, 09:05 PM
Ooooooooh yes. A Bleach RPG would be a good idea, but you'd either have to do some delicate sidestepping, set it in a different era, or overwrite the plot with the RPer's characters like you did with the Naruto RP.

Bulbasaur4
1st June 2007, 10:50 PM
Yah... I think I'll do the Bleach RPG rather than the HS one. (sowwy! It would start out in HS though! :D ) It just is more appealing to me right now... and I would give Asi the chance to try it out. Riiiight? *nudge nudge* XD

I'll probably start developing a Bleach-esque plot while I'm on vacay. I definately would skip the filler arc and I wouldn't follow the Bleach plot. (That would mean like... I'd allow people to play Captains and what-not. So if we had 4 people play captains, then the spots that weren't taken would be played by the already-created captains from teh show. That way we can still get our fandom fix an dhave fun with already created charries.) The main characters from the Soul Society would be around... along with those Hollows. But Ichigo and the gang probably would be nixed and replaced. ^_^ ;

Ghost
2nd June 2007, 09:13 AM
Unfortunately, there's been a bit of a "lack" of good RPGs, so i haven't gotten to post in here as much as I would of liked to :(.

A final Fantasy RPG and a Asylum RPG (You know like Ashford Asylum, loved that RPG, but it never really went anywhere. It got 100 posts in like 3 days though, that's gotta be a record) would be RPG's i'd consider joining.

Toxicity
2nd June 2007, 05:45 PM
I just had a sort of idea.

...is there anybody that would be up for a God of War-based RPG? of course, there will be more deities involved just because only one uber-special person would get pretty annoying. but still; anybody?

Mystic_clown
2nd June 2007, 06:11 PM
A chance to brutally murder monsters and humans alike? Hell yes!

Drusilla
4th June 2007, 02:59 PM
Dru! I'll help if you decide that you'll do that Poke-FF-HS crossover-majig!

...I think I may actually know what you're talking about; odd enough, I think it was from when I first joined in '03, as well. o_o

Yeah, it was called... something... I can't remember.Something Garden. By Cooltrainer Icez, I believe...

It's in the works. I'm currently addicted to Corum Online, though... I've finally found a free MMORPG that DOESN'T totally suck! Yay!

Toxicity
4th June 2007, 03:44 PM
Ja. Meteor Garden would be it. (I found it in there...somehow)

I'm still going to try for the God of War idea, but given how I'm currently being impaled with new, stressful situations involving change, it may take some time.

Mystic_clown
4th June 2007, 07:45 PM
Yay for God of War! Yay for brutal violance!

kalad1
4th June 2007, 09:28 PM
The forum needs a good Zombie-Survival rpg, I've been dabbling with ideas, but I'd have to know whether people would be interested in doing it.

Asilynne
7th June 2007, 12:17 PM
Drusie: I might be fulfilling the vampire craving some time soon, Rudy wont leave me alone -.- lol

And I want Mike to remake his android souls one! DO IT! lol

SmearGal
7th June 2007, 10:16 PM
:'D I like vampires. I could bring in Ahkruke.

Anyone else have a hankering for a good book-based RPG? I know those are kind of.. iffy, only because there's already a storyline and it'd be very tempting to follow it. xD
But really, I was thinking about it on the way home from work, and I thought, "Man, it'd be really fun to roleplay Lord of the Flies or A Clockwork Orange or something.."

The latter more so than the first, actually.. you guys wanted an asylum-ish RPG, ja? Well, I like me some British brainwashing, sooo.. hmm~ *hint hint*

Oh, and I was totally in the process of making an RPG based off of Pan's Labyrinth, but it was turning out to be a bit more of a challenge. If anyone else wants to attempt it, that'd be so totally awesome.. that movie was teh bombz0rz..

Silencer
6th August 2007, 11:45 AM
Anyone know Animorphs? I read some of the books (I own until book 12 before they stopped appearing in my country) and it seems like a good possible RPG option

Mystic_clown
6th August 2007, 04:49 PM
The latter more so than the first, actually.. you guys wanted an asylum-ish RPG, ja? Well, I like me some British brainwashing, sooo.. hmm~ *hint hint*

Hmm, I was thinking of maybe re-doing "Ashford's Asylum". Want to help me with that?

Toxicity
6th August 2007, 07:59 PM
kalad, if you want to do a zombie-survival, I say go for it. We came so close to having a good one in early '05, but it died for reasons even I'm not sure of to this day.

Well, there's a lot I see we're lacking in time being.

+Ryan has stated earlier that he's probably going to give new life to the ASBRPG concept (which would be what, the third attempt now?)
+Blade has the Super Paper Mario idea running.
+I haven't played anything out of the Metal Gear Solid line in long enough time to think of what we could borrow from that series.
+Guitar Hero is a good game and all but wouldn't provide much of a storyline.
+Earthbound was attempted once (and failed rather miserably)
+We haven't had a good Zelda RPG in a while, let alone ever since the release of Twilight Princess.

...catch my drift? No? I'll just present everybody with the question and serve it as a sort of poll - what video game does everybody want to see made into an RPG?

Although Cardcaptor Sakura sounds tempting. Loli, loli, loli, loli...

Mystic_clown
6th August 2007, 08:02 PM
Ooh, a Zelda RPG. There hasn't been one for ages. I want to try and bring Yahoot back ^_^

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
7th August 2007, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't mind doing ASBRPG again despite the fact that it was a bloody shambles when I attempted to be a punctual ref :x

Also re: video games I would totally love an Ouendan/EBA themed RPG but like Guitar Hero there would be no plot :V

Pokemon is still a viable option, LOL.

No loli for me please... Roy-boy has been dropping enough loli into non-loli RPGs for my taste... D:

Roy Karrde
7th August 2007, 12:25 AM
No loli for me please... Roy-boy has been dropping enough loli into non-loli RPGs for my taste... D:

HEY! I resent that, I try to keep my Loli's to a minimum. Either way I already tried a Card Captor Sakura RPG called Ten Steps From Immortality. And this is going to pretty much shock Yi to the point that she will need to be resusitated. But I wasn't a Loli in it!

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11979&highlight=Ten+Steps

classy_cat18
7th August 2007, 12:27 AM
I could try to bring back my Pokemon: Crystal Storm RPG, if I can find a way to get the plot right.

Toxicity
7th August 2007, 01:27 AM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x88/INinja-dThisAlbum/Pedo-see.jpg

Sorry; force of habit. x_x;

But Yi, you weren't a terrible ref. At least you weren't the type who'd jump out with plenty of free time that could've been spent working on reffing. (I dealt with such a ref at one point) :x

I'd still love to give time into ASBRPG again, given the chance I could. If not, then...well...I dunno what.

*might try to think of something before classes start*

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
7th August 2007, 03:33 AM
classy: I would participate in Crystal Storm again, though as for plot, I don't suppose you could lift it from the fanfic you wrote that the RPG was based off of...? (or was that the other way round :x)

Roy: DON'T TRY TO HIDE IT, ROY-BOY. I SEE ALL!

Laura: If I ever do reffing again, I will make it a point to finish the battle before disappearing for weeks on end. Argh.

Asilynne
19th August 2007, 02:12 PM
Anyone know Animorphs? I read some of the books (I own until book 12 before they stopped appearing in my country) and it seems like a good possible RPG option

Yeah I was actually thinking a few months ago this would be a cool rpg idea but as always Im too lazy to start anything -.-
If you made it I would so be interested :>

Silencer
19th August 2007, 02:39 PM
Well, I could attempt it in a couple of weeks. Never really hosted an RPG before. Problem is that I only own up to book 12 so I don't really know many of the alien forms that appeared. Guess there is always wikipedia. I might do it after a bit of research.

Asilynne
19th August 2007, 02:52 PM
Well if you know the basic idea then youve pretty much got it, I was thinking the rpg could be like instead of the characters from the book being the animorphs, whoever joins the rpg as an animorph like takes the place of those main characters. If you need help when I was in middle school I read up to like book 32 so drop me a line if you need someone to bounce ideas off of :D outlawgirlasi@msn.com if you have msn or Nonamedpriest is you have aim :>

Silencer
19th August 2007, 03:15 PM
Well, I'm going to investigate as much as I can. About replacing the original characters, I was more thinking of setting it at a different location. This way we could have a bit more people joining. I was thinking somewhere between 5 and 8.

But I still have research to do so :p Expect it soon, but not to soon

Ultimate Charizard
19th August 2007, 04:32 PM
Well anyone that rp'd with me a while back know i like a good Anthromorph from time to time ;) lol so i might be tempted in by that one.

Im thinking something DBZ too. Had a few ideas on the Back burner though i want it to be right and not trying for the sake of trying. Too many of those have burned out too soon.

As for Bleach...ive only just got my head round Naruto...dont make me start watching ANOTHER anime to find out whats going on lol.

Drusilla
19th August 2007, 06:03 PM

Count me in, too! I'd read through book 40-something, I think... it's been a REALLY long time.

Ghost
19th August 2007, 08:58 PM
Well, fresh after playing all 4 MGS games ( Snake Eater, Sons of Liberty, and the Original, as well as Portable Ops) I suppose that a Metal Gear Solid RPG would be somewhat fun. However, we'd have to set it in a Alternate Universe or something, because it wouldn't be any fun having 1 super soldier (snake) going up against every else.

However, I doubt i'd be able to write and think of a whole story by myself, so if anybody is interested in helping me send me a PM?

And also, MC, get to making that Asylum RPG!

pokemon4eva
21st August 2007, 06:56 PM
I'd like a future themed rpg, pokemon always good and anybody up for a High School Musical rpg?