PDA

View Full Version : The June Contest!

Chris 2.1
29th May 2007, 12:57 PM
Welcome to the last contest before the Summer 07 Grand Festival! June will be a standard month since we will be expecting big things over the summer.

I will be hosting this month and ask that you all be as prompt as possible in dealing with appeals and attacks and whatnot.

The Rules:

We have unlimited signups until June 5th.

We are appealing in a large grassy field before a horseshoe-shaped audience. Weather attacks will work. There is no pond or body of water so fish cannot be used.

Round One: Standard appeal: Half the appealers are lost
Round Two: Standard appeal, different Pokemon. Only 2 coordinators remain.
Round Three: Using either of your Pokemon battle for 5 rounds in the same arena.

Ok then. Signups commence!

Dark Sage
29th May 2007, 01:07 PM
I'm changing my choice. Since my Lairon just evolved in the last half-hour, I'll use him.

So... I choose my Aggron, Silver!

Silver, listen up. First, use Stealth Rock to create a group of sharp rocks around you.

Then, use Rock Polish to give them and yourself a keen shine.

Finally, use Rock Smash to dramatically pulverize them.

Chris 2.1
29th May 2007, 01:30 PM
You can just post your appeal straightaway

MeLoVeGhOsTs
29th May 2007, 01:46 PM
I'm entering Ammit, my male Pineco.

Combine Toxic Spikes with Sand Tomb and create a tornado of Toxicsandstorm, with you in the center. Then use Explosion to end the sandstorm and make a great bang as you fade.

Mega Horny
29th May 2007, 02:08 PM
I'll enter my female golduck, Valhalla.

Let's show off your oneness. Start off by concentrating on a future sight. Then, focusing your thoughts and energy, send a slow focus blast up into the air. Finish with a few ohmms, zen headbutting your way through the orange ball in the air. Then, as you drop to the ground, the future sight will go off with a flash.

Pichu Luver
29th May 2007, 07:43 PM
Ok I haven't been in a Contest for a while, so let's try dis out. I'm going to use my ♀ Rapidash, B-e-a-utiful.

Ok Uti I want you to start with a Bounce to get you airborne. Then use Flare Blitz while you at the top of your jump and as you stream towards earth. While you still all firey, use Giga Impact just as you slam into the ground. To give the impression of a meteor crashing into Earth.

Bounce/Flare Blitz and Giga Impact

Blademaster
29th May 2007, 09:37 PM
You know I'm in. And I'll use my prized Swinub (M), Lil' Oink!

(tosses a red-and-green Pokeball; the small, striped piglet bursts out in a flash of light)

"Swinuuuub! Nubnubnubnubnubnub..."

Lil' Oink, start off by aiming an Ice Beam across the ground, so you create a sheet of ice about 10 feet long and 4 feet wide, or something close to that. Then, fie a triangular array of Icicle Spears at one end of the ice, and finish by going to the other end of the ice and using a rolling Body Slam - charge across the ice head-first and bowl those iciles over. Go for a strike!

Move: Ice Beam (alley), Icicle Spear (pins), Bowling Ball (rolling Body Slam)

Dragonis
30th May 2007, 03:05 AM
I'm in aswell. Let's go Sasuke! (Hitmonlee)

Alright Sasuke, start off by bringing up a small boulder with Rock Tomb. Then, using your Strength, to throw the boulder up into the air. Finish off by using a Focus Blast to destroy the boulder.

~Rock Tomb~Stength~Focus Blast~

Mew Master
30th May 2007, 03:44 AM
Why not, I've wanted my hand at one of these for a while!

Lets go Blade! (Scyther, Male)

Okay Blade start off with a Swords Dance to get pumped. Then relax and center your ki with a Focus Energy. For a final move, trim that grass using an X-Scissor.

Swords Dance~Focus Energy~X-Scissor

Ultimate Charizard
30th May 2007, 09:30 AM
Im in and ill use my Growlithe (m)
Hope this doesnt sound too similar to Rivers (ie its in the air and uses Fire)

Ok Start off by Using Aeril Ace to get yourself into the Air and at the top of your jump use a Flamewheel to spin and Double team so it looks like one Growlith bursts into multiple kinda like a Starburst with each throwing a pose as they land.

Aerieal Ace - FlameWheel - Double Team

Charles Legend
30th May 2007, 12:56 PM
My dear, Cracker (female Chatot) Let's see if you can do better at a contest then your boyfriend Leeks did ... ;)

ok start off of with a Nasty plot then let's have a Chat, you of course well be using your Chatter attack, then finsh the chat and are Appeal off with a Hyper voice...

Nasty Plot ~ Chatter ~ Hyper voice

~Charles Legend

Houndoom_Lover
30th May 2007, 04:06 PM
Woohoo! Be have another chance, my dear Mephistopheles ^_~ (Male houndoom)!!

-throws out the Dark Ball- Houuund It's far too pretty here, spread the fear with Dark Pulse...now, let's get the 'tude right- cover the field with smog...yes, now finish this with an explosive final attack, Overheat!
Doooom

Dark Pulse~Smog~Overheat

Weasel Overlord
31st May 2007, 05:40 AM
Okay, I'll be using an untried contestant this time! My shiny male Sandshrew, Rufus Valerius!

Rufus, I want you to begin by carving a nice big 'X' into the grass with a Fury Cutter. Two swipes should do it. Then, use a Dig to dig yourself down into the centre of the X, and finally, use a Rapid Spin to propel yourself out of the hole and into the air before landing.

~Fury Cutter (carve an X into the ground) ~Dig (dig down in the centre of the X) ~Rapid Spin (propel out of the hole)

Greyfox
31st May 2007, 07:57 AM
Sure, I'll give this a shot with Perseus, my shiny kirlia!

Perseus, immediately Teleport high into the air - about thirty feet up. Then, use your Psychic to slow your decent and spin you around as if you were dancing in the air. Then finally, as you make your way towards the ground, follow up with Magical Leaf to create a stunning whirlwind of multi-colored leaves just before you hit the ground!

Teleport - Psychic - Magical Leaf.

-Grey

Mike Mysterio
5th June 2007, 12:10 PM
Hopefuly I'm not to late to enter. I'll send out Jinn, my shiny male Eevee.

Jinn start off by copying yourself with Double Team. Only make two copies of yourself, so there would be three Eevees altogether. Then you and your copies use Focus Energy to geather your power. After that I want you and your doubles to launch the biggest Shadow Ball you can stright up in the air.

~Double Team~Focus Energy~Shadow Ball~

Chris 2.1
5th June 2007, 04:54 PM
The June Pokemon Contest!

Round One - Appeals!

One last contest before the summer of 2007! Even though the Grand Festival of 06 was still taking place everyone was excited for the Festival. In the last year there were many new coordinators all vying for entry into the festival, but one more would emerge to take them on at the end of June's contest!

Dark Sage
Silver
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffb/dpffb306.png
Stealth Rock ~ Rock Polish ~ Rock Smash

Emerging first was a ferocious Aggron, stamping his feet and letting out a roar. What an opener! Aggron clenched his fists and caused thick rocks to burst up from the ground all around. The field resembled a stone-age pinball table with a steel giant amid it all.

Aggron then held his head up and roared; as he did, he shimmered a fantastic, clear glow. The rocks also shimmered with a polished sheen, impressing the crowd. Next Aggron swung his thick tail around, pummelled his fists and flung his head around; his command was to destroy the rocks and shatter them mercilessly.

Lovely.

Score: 6.0
I did a bit of thinking, and even though smashinhg the place apart is a bit...wreckless it was a good appeal. I liked stealth rock and rock polish together.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
Ammit
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa204.png
Toxic Spikes ~ Sand Tomb ~ Explosion

Ammit, already having won another contest [January 07] emerged after the area had been repaired. The audience cheered as the Pokemon began spinning frantically like a top, emitting particles of sand that swept around. as this happened, dart-like spikes of purple poison span out amid the sandy mix and span like batons. As Pineco became shrouded, a white-hot glow caused the Pokemon to create a huge explosion that tore through the sand and spikes.

Score: 8.0
Good work! Nice combo and the explosion was an...explosive finish!

Mega Horny
Valhalla
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa055.png
Future Sight ~ Focus Blast ~ Zen Headbutt

The Golduck leapt from Mega's Pokeball and landed in a careful pose. She closed her eyes as the red gem on her head glowed a powerful, bright red. Next the Golduck opened her mouth as her body glowed, and a concentrated orange blast was launched up into the air. As it hurtled up Valhalla calmly leapt up with grace, splitting the focused blast of energy and causing it to burst, spilling sparkles of energy all around as she landed amid long strips of light that were predicted from before.

Score: 7.9
Yea good work Mega. I liked that you weren't too afraid to use DP attacks. Not much to say, but I think Golduck's water traits would be good to explore, or water and psychic traits together.

River
B-e-a-utiful.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa078.png
Bounce ~ Flare Blitz ~ Giga Impact

River gracefully released her Rapidash. The judge liked the different Pokemon being used in the contest and gave a nod. Rapidash crept down and pounced high up into the air, bursting into crackling flame as she did so. She soared in an arc-like shape, before the embers all powered into a bright orange glow that trailed behind Rapidash. In a fantastic blast of energy the horse landed and sped along the arena, skidding to a halt as energy left her body in a steaming trail.

Score: 9.7
I loved this appeal. It worked so well I felt there was a pegasus theme.It got a high mark, almost perfect, but I feared for Rapidash's life at the end of the appeal. One of the best appeals I've seen. Perior.

Blademaster
Lil Oink
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa220.png
Ice Beam ~ Icicle Spear ~ Body Slam

The cute pig emerged and instantly blasted a pearly beam of frosted energy through the air. It sped along creating a rough blanket of ice. Swinub chirped and fired off shards of ice that, mid=air, extended into long spears and landed in the icy ground like javelins or pins.

Finally Swinub charged along the ice, sliding into the pins and shattering them. STRIKE!

Score: 7.4
Cool! Very quirky and I had to give you credit for the way you structured it. I'm not usually a fan but I think I can make an exception. Good work!

Dragonis
Sasuke
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa106.png
Rock Tomb ~ Strength ~ Focus Blast

Hitmonlee emerged and summoned up a collection of rocks. The thick, slab like rocks burst from the ground and all met in the middle, pinning Hitmonlee within. Uh oh. Hitmonlee managed to break through the rocks with a strength attack, shattering some, before firing a focused blast of energy high up into the air, were it exploded like a firework.

Score: 5.9
Rock Tomb can't just be one rock since its a tomb. The attack is intended to trap the foe. Nevertheless the attacks worked, but it was quite a commonly seen appeal. I'd like to have seen some of 'lee's signature moves.

Mew Master
Blade
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa123.png
Swords Dance ~ Focus Energy ~ Xscissor

Scyther emerged and gave a sharp shriek. He began to lift his blades up as ghostly swords popped up around him and cycled around, picking up debris and dust as they hurtled along. The swords dissapeared and the grass fluttered momentarily as Scyther started to slowly gather energy up, waiting...

In a searing spin attack Scyther shredded the grass as his blades glowed furiously.

Score: 6.8
Nice work! Ok so at first I felt it might have been a bit boring, but I think the suspense was built up and unleashed in the final attack. Yea, it worked well!

Ultimate
Growlithe
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa058.png
Aerial Ace ~ Flame Wheel ~ Double Team

Ultimate sent out his Pokemon: a small, tough looking Growlithe. The dog barked as he landed and began his attack. He raced along the arena fast, leaping up and managing to do a mid-leap jump that propelled him higher. As he soared up, an impressive distance for a dog, the canine burst into flames, causing gasps from the audience. As the flaming mass flew back down to earth, multiple flaming Growlithe burst from the original fireball and landed swiftly to the floor.

Score: 8.1
One word: cool. And to elaborate: While this multiple-bursting thing seemed perfect for a bird Pokemon I loved this. Very original, quite simplistic, and the fact it was similar to River's didn't matter.

Charles
Cracker
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa441.png
Nasty Plot ~ Chatter ~ Hyper Voice

Out emerged the little Parrot looking rather happy and content. Suddenly a scathing look overcame her as she snapped and screeched, plotting something nasty as she powered herself up. Next she began mimicking the announcer ("micking the announcer! mimicking the announcer!") and chattering. Finally a blast of sound was expelled around the arena.

Score: 3.3
A dissapointing appeal. There was nothing to it. Why nasty plot? Why chatter? Hyper Voice would be horrible if the pokemon suddenly began screaming at you. They are all sound charactreristics but did not gel. Why not make use of night shade or agility, maybe even featherdance? I was quite dissapointed with this.

Houndoom_Lover
Mephistopheles
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa229.png
Dark Pulse ~ Smog ~ Overheat

The devilish dog blasted a pulsating beam of dark, fizzing energy. The crowd fell silent at once as he coughed out a thick layer of smoke. This filtered around the arena as Houndoom stood proudly. As fire concocted in his throat he blasted a golden beam of curling flame through the smog with a gristly roar.

Score: 5.6
It was ok but just seemed a bit similar to what I see most times I judge. There was no concept, theme or shape - they earn much better marks. You did effectively show off Houndoom's type combinations though.

Chris 2.1
5th June 2007, 04:55 PM
Weasel Overlord
Rufus
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfsa/dpmfsa027.png
Fury Cutter ~ Dig ~ Rapid Spin

Weasel was a favourite among the appealing coordinators. Having completed a number of contests she was aware of what she was doing and this showed as she sent out her green Sandshrew. The cute little mite used his glowing claws to carve a large X into the earth. Next he leapt up and burrowed down, sending dirt flying up and out. The audience saw him as he span around rapidly, expelling dust and dirt as he was catapulted out of the hole he created.

Score: 6.0
Quite quirky and cool, but visually not too impressive. The rapid spin was good but it felt quite boring really. Good work all the same.

Grey
Perseus
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfsa/dpmfsa281.png
Teleport ~ Psychic ~ Magical Leaf

Grey was back?!?& Apparently so. Confidently the veteran released a newly traded Kirlia, Perseus. Valhalla and Mega Horny watched from the sidelines. Kirlia instantly released a blinding flash of light and dissapeared.

Where was she? Look no further: elegantly the Kirlia, having re-emerged from the rafers, did a variety of ballet moves as she descended downwards. Slowly, nearing the ground, a flurry of glittering leaves burst into life around her and she landed with a touchdown.

Score: 9.1
Really good comeback. Nice use of psychic to slow oneself down - I thought that was very clever and innovative. The magical leaf wasn't bad either.

Mike Mysterio
Jinn
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfsa/dpmfsa133.png
Double Team ~ Focus Energy ~ Shadow Ball

A silvery, fox-like creature emerged as Mike sent out the last Pokemon of the contest. He glowed white and created two identical copies. The audience watched on as each glowed and focused their strength, psyching themselves up, before they all reared their heads and fired off a ball of swirling, shadowy energy.

Score: 5.7
Again, it worked fine, but it was just a bit avarage unfortunately! Nothing particularly startling, no real experimenting.

The Results

River: 9.7
Grey: 9.1
Ultimate: 8.1
MLG: 8.0
Mega Horny: 7.9
Blademaster: 7.4
Mew Master: 6.8

--

Dark Sage - 6.0
Weasel Overlord: 6.0
Dragonis: 5.9
Mike Mysterio: 5.7
Houndoom_Lover: 5.6
Charles: 3.3

Those above the line post a second appeal, any Pokemon, by this time next week 12th June). The next round will be up next week regardless of who has posted.

Ultimate Charizard
5th June 2007, 07:16 PM
3rd! Sweet.
Though since i never expect to get past round1 i have nothing prepared for this....um...ok. I just want to get to the Battle Stage...just once lol

Ill use my Marowak and once again we'll keep things simple but impressive (well in my mind) and put on a Swordsmanship master class.

Start a Swords Dance but make it Elaborate, using your Bone as a sword performing a routine with spins, stances and tricks etc. Combine this with Captivate to really get the audiences attention and while theyre staring in awe snap them out by focusing all your power into your weapon and ending the routine with Giga Impact on the ground.

Swords Dance - Captivate - Giga Impact

Mew Master
6th June 2007, 12:45 AM
Holy Upsets Batman! I'm surprised I actually managed to squeeze through the first Round of my First Contest.

Okay, for the second round I go with....

*tosses Pokéball* Aero! Let's show them what you've got

Aero (Aerodactyl, Male): *high pitched shriek*

Okay Aero let's start things off with an Earthquake to break up that nice soil and the grass covering it. Then light the grass aflame with a Flamethrower. Finally show them the primal fear that you used to involk by using Ancientpower to pick up the dirt and rocks with the flaming grass and mold them into a massive version of yourself! Then let it fall apart as the flames die out, its lifespan over and now apart of history itself...

*pets Aero* Now show 'em what yer made of!!

Earthquake (to break up the feild)~Flamethrower (to light the grass on fire, stopping a safe distance away from the audience of course)~Ancientpower (Molding the flaming rocks into a massive Aero, and roaring)

Greyfox
6th June 2007, 09:08 AM
This one's going to be interesting, to say the least, but I'm all for it! For round two, I'm using Libra, my shiny staryu!

Libra, immediately use Camouflage to dissappear from view. Then, combine Rapid Spin (spinning vertically, not horizontally) and Water Gun to create a stunning water show that comes out of nowhere!

Camouflage - Rapid Spin + Water Gun.

-Grey

Elec Man EXE
6th June 2007, 10:14 AM
OMG... I remembered the date wrong. I thought it was till the 7th. Crap on a stick! Even had my appeal all ready, just didn't get to posting it.

*sigh* Ah well, always next time I guess.

Greyfox
6th June 2007, 10:33 AM
A better description for my appeal would've been for Libra to do cartwheels ala Rapid Spin; hopefully you interprate that the same way, Chris.

-Grey

Blademaster
6th June 2007, 01:44 PM
(rushes back) Gaah! This is why I hate being late for things! ><;;;

OK, OK, for the second round of the June Contest, I choose my starter - the legendary Combusken(M), Rawk Hawk!

(hurls Poke Ball; the fiery fowl emerges in a burst of red light)

Rawk Hawk, this is gona be a tough Appeal, but I have faith in you. You can do this.

Start off with Focus Energy. Unoriginal? Yes, but you're gonna need as much 'focus' AND 'energy' as you can muster for the next step. Once you've focused your mind, use Rock Tomb to raise as many pillars of rock from the ground as you can - try arranging them in a line, a circle, a spiral - any pattern you can manage. Then finish up by knocking over the first pillar with a Fire Punch, so it hits the next one and so on - we're going for a domino effect here. Good luck.

Move: Focus Energy, Rock Tomb (stone 'dominoes'), Fire Punch

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th June 2007, 02:21 PM
It's tempting to bring out my other contest winner Hathor the miltank again, but I'm not going to. I'll bring in: Stunky, the male Stunky.

Ok Stunky, let's start by using Smokescreen and shroud the area with you in the middle of it. Then use Screech and make an eerie noise, then use Fireblast from out of the smoke into the air and create a starshaped form.

Smokescreen ~ Screech ~ Fireblast

EDIT: It came to my mind that it kinda resembles the deatheaters mark at the World championship Quidditch for those who've read HP4.

Pichu Luver
7th June 2007, 07:51 PM
Alrighty I'm going to use my ♂ Cranidos, Spittin Chiclets.

Ok Tin I want you to start with a Stealth Rock to get a bunch of stone pillar like things. Then get the more or less centre of the mass and use Hidden Power to send orbs of a mystery colour in all directions. Follow it immediately (as in just after you fire the orbs) with a Thunder and try and spark all the pilars with dancing bolts. Like at the science meseum when you get a electric sparks from the orb to your hand and it stays there and dances on your palm. But on a bigger scale with the large voltage (I hope you get my meaning).

Stealth Rock/Hidden Power/Thunder

Chris 2.1
17th June 2007, 06:17 AM
Just so you know I'll have this up tonight.

Mega Horny
17th June 2007, 12:05 PM
I'll be using my male Parasect. Everyone's doing these intense action-appeals. Bah, let's get the crowd nice, relaxed, and stoned, Shroom my old buddy.

Begin by scattering a light spore over the crowd and judges to make them drowsy. Then use aromatherapy, and relax everyone with a soothing aroma. Finally, do a slow and graceful swords dance, which should look trippy and blurred to the crowd at this point, ending your appeal with a tranquil waltz.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
20th June 2007, 05:16 AM
You'll have this upnight right? lol.

Chris 2.1
20th June 2007, 05:58 AM
Exams. Need I say more?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
20th June 2007, 10:19 AM
No not at all, I have the same issue, but I though it was humorous to put up that post. Oh well, I always did have a bad taste of humour.

Mew Master
20th June 2007, 12:59 PM
Exams. Need I say more?

Well You COULD say more.. but that's more of your perogative

Chris 2.1
22nd June 2007, 01:22 PM
Im just really busy with my exams. If another coordinator could take over they'd be saving me so much work, but if not, I'll try and get it done soon.

Greyfox
22nd June 2007, 07:59 PM
I'll do it. I'll just suspend Libra's appeal and get a judging ready shortly.

-Grey

Greyfox
22nd June 2007, 11:06 PM
Here goes:

JUNE 2007 CONTEST

As Moderator Chris steps away from his super-secret-super-special judges' podium mumbling something about mission statements and deadlines, Grey, having previously summoned his staryu, Libra, to join the contest circuit, immediately withdraws said staryu and makes his way to the super-secret-super-special judges' podium, notioning for the first coordinator, Ultimate Charizard, to step forward.

Ultimate does so, calling forth a scrappy young marowak, unnamed.

ULTIMATE CHARIZARD AND MAROWAK [M]

Swords Dance + Captivate / Giga Impact

Marowak smirks wildly as he clutches onto his bone, which presently lies dormant at his left side like a sheathed katana. With his confidence raised, Marowak draws out his blade bone and swings it around carefully. Almost as if he were dancing, he captures the attention of various audience members. Thrusting his weapon to and fro, Marowak suddenly comes to a halt, holding the bone high into the air as it glistens with white energy. Twirling the off-white bone in the air momentarily, he slams it to the ground creating a shockwave of intensity throughout the field.

It looked great at first; I've always imagined a marowak as a master swordsman. However, I had to dock some points for the Giga Impact. While it was a nice display, it didn't have anything to do with the beginning of the appeal.

Ultimate withdrew his marowak before stepping away from the center field, out of the judges' attention. Stepping in his place was Mew Master, the supposed master of Mew... right. The newcomer keeps his grin wide as he releases Aero, a burly rock bird thought to've been extinct.

MEW MASTER AND AERODACTYL [M]

Earthquake / Flamethrower / Ancientpower

Ready to go, Aero wastes no time; his wings flapping in the air keeping him five meters off the ground, the aerodactyl suddenly drops without warning, creating a massive tremor that literally rips through the field's floor. Aero then reers back, opening his mouth and shooting off a chain of weak fire that latches onto the weakened grass blades. For the most part, the flames are dead, but a few embers continue to eat away. At this point, Aero closes his eyes and concentrates on the weakened earth below, causing it to rise up. The caked dirt rises up as the flames continue to dance about, but Aero is unable to make any discernable shape out of the clay clump. Aero's mental grip on the earth loosens, and the ground falls back down, causing the flames to finally die out.

An interesting idea, but not executed well. The beginning was good, but aerodactyl aren't generally smart enough to pull off what you were asking. Perhaps a claydol would have been a better choice for this appeal.

Mew Master steps away from the judges' view, and is replaced by Blademaster, or, if you'd prefer, CuleX. Either way you pronounce his name, the guy releases his combusken, Rawk Hawk, that apparently rawks.

BLADEMASTER AND COMBUSKEN [M]

Focus Energy / Rock Tomb / Fire Punch

Like many appeals before, this one begins by having Rawk Hawk close his eyes and focus. It's quite boring. The audience looks pissed until Hawk opens his eyes and punches the ground below. A chain of earth rises up one-by-one, creating three pillars of clay and dirt. Smirking to himself, Hawk holds out his right fist, which, at this point, becomes enveloped in orange fire. The fire chicken bawks as he throws his fist into the pillar closest to him. Unfortunately, the pillar breaks down too easily, not having the effects that CuleX hoped for.

Bland and uninspiring. Focus Energy is too boring and unoriginal. It's hard to create rocks from the ground, and it's even harder to knock 'em down like you wanted when using Fire Punch.

CuleX steps back and watches as the next coordinator, MeLoVeGhOsTs, readies himself with a brand new stunky at his side. Stunky, unlike MLG's other pokemon, hasn't been nicknamed.

MELOVEGHOSTS AND STUNKY [M]

Smokescreen / Screech / Fire Blast

Eager to prove his worth, Stunky goes into the contest with great confidence. With his mouth open wide, Stunky shoots off a slow puff of black smoke. The smoke begins to envelop him as well as most of the area around him. The audience, confused, looks worried as the smoke inches outward slowly. Stunky, from within the cloud, screeches loudly; his loud, penetrating squeal brings panic to the audience as a large blast of fire erupts from the dark smoke cloud, shaped like a large star. The smoke dissipates immediately, revealing only the stunky.

I liked this appeal as it shows off Stunky's versatility. The smoke reminded me heavily of Ace64's appeal back in February of 2006, and the screech gave us a new sense of atmosphere.

MLG smirks confidently as he returns his stunky before stepping back. River Asayake takes his place, releasing the only female pokemon thus far, a cranidos (somehow) appropriately named Spittin Chiclets.

RIVER AND CRANIDOS [F]

Stealth Rock / Hidden Power / Thunderbolt

Tin steps forward, stomping down on the ground to create a series of earthly clumps of dirt and rock in a circular fashion. She meets the center of the dirt clumps before shooting off a collection of unknown energy. The energy takes the shape of several multi-colored orbs, three red, two yellow, one blue. Almost immediately after, Tin fires off an electric conjurence which follows the orbs. As the orbs pass over the dirt clumps, some of the electricity stays with them, dancing along the dirt before dying off immediately.

A nice idea, but as with Blademaster's appeal, it's very difficult to make rocks out of dirt. Had this've been another arena, I think this would've worked out much better.

River withdraws as Mega Horny, despite being very late, darts forward with his parasect tailing behind. Grey is annoyed, but due to his own departure, he needs another appeal to judge anyway and allows Mega Horny to proceed.

MEGA HORNY AND PARASECT [M]

Spore / Aromatherapy / Swords Dance

Parasect begins his appeal by shooting off a slow yellow cloud of smoke which lingers over towards the audience. The spore clouds irritates the eyes of the judges as well as the audience, yet Parasect persists. Shooting off a similiar, but purple, cloud, that lingers as well, those watching the act begin to lose grasp on reality. Parasect, unaware of the effects his attacks are having on the audience, proceeds by dancing around as elegantly as a giant mushroom can, whipping out several vines as he does so, creating after-images.

An interesting idea; I should've known you'd use a mushroom to pull out a drug-trip appeal, Dyl. Either way, it was interesting and amusing.

THE RESULTS

MeLoVeGhOsTs & Stunky - 8.5
Ultimate Charizard & Marowak - 8.5

Mega Horny & Parasect - 8.0
River & Spittin Chiclets - 7.5
Mew Master & Aero - 7.0
Blademaster & Rawk Hawk - 6.0

MLG and Ultimate will be heading into the next round. You will be able to use either pokemon previously used. The coin flip dictates that MLG will choose his pokemon first, while Ultimate will choose his attacks first.

-Grey

MeLoVeGhOsTs
23rd June 2007, 01:38 AM
Thanks for reffing Grey, a real help.

Great, I'll be using Stunky ^^

Mega Horny
23rd June 2007, 12:20 PM
Oy vey! I always NEARLY make it. Well, fair enough, I still got a good rating :D

Ultimate Charizard
23rd June 2007, 07:34 PM
My First final round...WOOOOT

Ok, A Stunky. My first battle against a DP pokemon. Ill go for Marowak.

And like any good coordinator, instead of throwing random attacks at our opponents lets go at this with a plan of action.
Start off with a Sandstorm to provide you some cover and follow with Bonemerang but use it as a feint to get in closer and strike with Focus Blast!

Sandstorm - Bonemerang - Focus Blast

MeLoVeGhOsTs
25th June 2007, 08:42 AM
Sunny Day, then quickly Dig underground and strike when Marowak will shoot his Focus Blast, just below him.

Sunny Day - Dig - Undig.

Greyfox
25th June 2007, 10:00 AM
JUNE 2007 GRAND PRIX
O ULTIMATE CHARIZARD vs MELOVEGHOSTS O

http://veekun.com/dex-images/dp/frame2/105.png
MAROWAK
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 100%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 100%
ready to go
Sandstorm / Bonemarang / Focus Blast
http://veekun.com/dex-images/dp/frame2/434.png
STUNKY
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 100%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 100%
confident
Sunny Day / Dig / Dig

ROUND ONE OF FIVE

The battle round! The two coordinators are given five minutes, or five rounds, to deal as much damage to their foe as possible. Marowak, preparing for battle like an excellent strategist, grips tightly onto his bone club as he prays for weather. Within an instant, the arena's hopeful beauty becomes tarnished into a dusty wasteland of sand and rock (-7% - Marowak); Stunky keeps his eyes closed to keep the sand out of his eyes, also praying, but for something else. As quickly as it arrived, the sandstorm vanishes; the sun shines brightly from above, dispersing any and all clouds (-7% - Stunky). Only a few bits of sand and dust remain.

Their first attacks nothing more than an ego boost, Marowak and Stunky ready for their next set of attacks. Marowak grips tightly onto the bone his mother gave up for just a second before he hurls it towards the poison pokemon. Said poison pokemon doesn't attempt nothing, however. Stunky's claws ravage the soft soil below, digging further and further underground. The bone crashes into Stunky's tail, causing very light damage (-3% - Stunky; -3% - Marowak; -5% - Stunky). Marowak's bone lands on the ground next to Stunky's hole.

Marowak, not patient enough to wait for his foe to emerge, begins to charge up his next attack. Stunky, meanwhile, burrows quickly underground underneath his foe. As Marowak's attack finishes charging, he is caught off guard by Stunky, who emerges from the ground and tackles him quickly (-5% - Marowak; -5% - Stunky), causing him to lose concentration on his attack and send it flying through the air uncontrollably (-6% - Marowak).

MAROWAK
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 95%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 84%
boneless
STUNKY
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 97%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 83%
confident

Sunny Day - Four Rounds
Fire + / Water - / Ice -

MeLoVeGhOsTs
28th June 2007, 05:00 AM
Ok, let's use this Fire to our advantidge. Fireblast, then Dark Pulse, finish with Flamethrower.

Ultimate Charizard
28th June 2007, 01:26 PM
Awww....i was going to use the fire too....and i still will.

Ok Marowak use Double team to dodge the Fireblast. If you have clones left then wait for him to use Dark Pulse and answer Back with your own Fireblast before Dashing in and trying that Focus Blast one more time! I know you'l get hit by Flamethrower but i know you can take it!

Double Team - Fireblast - Focus Blast

Greyfox
29th June 2007, 03:28 AM
JUNE 2007 GRAND PRIX
OULTIMATE CHARIZARDvs MELOVEGHOSTS O

MAROWAK
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 95%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 84%
boneless
Double Team / Fire Blast / Focus Blast

STUNKY
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 97%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 83%
confident
Fire Blast / Dark Pulse / Flamethrower

ROUND TWO OF FIVE

The second round begins as the sun continues to blaze burst, brightening the arena for a few more moments. Marowak closes his eyes and concentrates, creating several clones that wrap around Stunky in a circular formation (-6% - Marowak). Stunky is confused, and tries his best to tell the difference between them; unfortunately, he is unable to do so and fires his fire burst blindly. The roaring flames charge through the air (-7% - Stunky), crashing into one of the marowak before it disappears into nothingness.

Stunky sighs as he conjures up some more energy; unlike before, the energy is dark, native to his own typing. Marowak waits patiently for his foe to attack. Marowak does so, firing off (once more, blindly) a silky dark pulse. The orb of darkness soars through the air, sending a trail of ripples behind it. The dark pulse slams into Marowak (-5% - Marowak; -4% - Stunky). Marowak's clones shatter due to his lapse of concentration, but he immediately readies himself for retalliation. In a similar manner as Stunky just moments before, Marowak shoots off a large cloud of fire that targets the venomous skunk pokemon. The fire cloud sweeps across Stunky, causing great damage (-8% - Stunky; -7% - Marowak).

Marowak rolls across the grass, grabbing his bone along the way. The grass is dried out, and the flames have eaten some of it away. Marowak immediately charges towards Stunky with his bone collecting his fighting spirit. Stunky reacts by shooting off a steady stream of flames which come in contact with Marowak. Albeit weaker than Marowak's fire blast, Stunky's flamethrower is as effective (-6% - Marowak; -4% - Stunky). Slightly charred, Marowak continues forward, bashing the skunk with his bone club for great damage (-10% - Stunky; -8% - Marowak).

MAROWAK
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 84%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 64%
confident

STUNKY
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 79%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 68%
slightly burnt

Sunny Day - Three Rounds
Fire + / Water - / Ice -

Ultimate Charizard
29th June 2007, 07:07 PM
Ok Marowak its looking Good. Keep up the Fighting attacks with Double Kick and follow that with Iron Head.
End the round with Bone Club.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
9th July 2007, 04:48 AM
Ok, Thief/Snatch Marowaks bone, then Nightslash and finish with Shadow Claw

Greyfox
9th July 2007, 07:09 PM
JUNE 2007 GRAND PRIX

MAROWAK
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 84%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 64%
confident
Double Kick / Iron Head / Bone Club

STUNKY
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 79%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 68%
slightly burnt
Theif / Night Slash / Shadow Claw

ROUND THREE OF FIVE

Third round out of five - almost halfway over - and both pokemon are still ready. Marowak runs over towards the purple skunk pokemon, kicking once (-2% - Stunky; -1% - Marowak), then kicking again (-3% - Stunky; -2% - Marowak). Stunky flinches from the double-hit, but instantly regains his focus - quickly thieving Marowak's bone club that had previously been lying on the floor (-4% - Stunky).

Marowak, perturbed that his heirloom had been stolen, retreats towards the edge of the contest hall for momentum. His skull cap shines brightly as a metallic symbiote engulfs it; the small marowak then charges towards the stunky head-first, crashing into the poison pokemon harshly (-7% - Stunky; -6% - Marowak). Stunky doubles back, but his grip on the bone remains in tac, collecting dark energy as he does so. The skunk leaps at Marowak, slashing him with his dark-embalmed nails (-6% - Marowak; -5% - Stunky).

Without his weapon, Marowak is unable to pull off his final attack. Stunky, meanwhile, conjures a lot more dark energy into his arm, and bashes the marowak quickly (-7% - Marowak; -6% - Stunky).

MAROWAK
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 71%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 55%
boneless

STUNKY
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 67%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 59%
has a bone in his mouth

Sunny Day - Two Rounds
Fire + / Water - / Ice -

MeLoVeGhOsTs
10th July 2007, 04:51 AM
Fireblast, Crunch, Sludgebomb.

Ultimate Charizard
10th July 2007, 08:22 AM
Looks like hes goin for the big hitters so we better pick things up too...

Dodge the Fireblast with an Aerial Ace and lets grab our Bone back with Thief.
End things off with Earthquake.

Greyfox
10th July 2007, 07:18 PM
JUNE 2007 GRAND PRIX

MAROWAK
Male

HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 71%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 55%
boneless

Aerial Ace / Thief / Earthquake

STUNKY
Male

HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 67%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 59%
has a bone in his mouth

slightly burnt
Fire Blast / Crunch / Sludge Bomb

ROUND FOUR OF FIVE

Marowak glares at the skunk pokemon, eager to bring him down; but alas, he was ordered to play defensively at first. Stunky breathes in, then out--shooting a powerful orange blast of fire that creeps around the hall (-8% - Stunky). Marowak, however, is agile, and darts around the flames, narrowly avoiding them and diving to the ground (-5% - Marowak).

Stunky charges at his foe quickly as his teeth begin to leak dark energy. Marowak's bone still between his lips, the stunky lets it fall to the ground before sinking said teeth into Marowak's arm (-7% - Marowak; -6% - Stunky). Marowak howls in pain, but retrieves his bone quickly as Stunky lets go.

The unnamed stunky ends the round by collecting the poisons within his own body. Meanwhile, Marowak holds his returned bone high into the air as it charges with a powerful force. He brings it to the ground harshly, causing the earth to quake violently around Marowak, knocking Stunky around (-10% - Stunky; -7% - Marowak). Stunky pulls himself back together before shooting the collection of poisons he had conjured; they slap Marowak, and burn painfully (-8% - Marowak; -6% - Stunky).

MAROWAK
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 56%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 43%
ready to go

STUNKY
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 57%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 44%
shaken up

Sunny Day - One Round
Fire + / Water - / Ice -

Ultimate Charizard
10th July 2007, 09:13 PM
hmm....couldve sworn Aerial Ace and Thief were damaging moves too....oh well, we can use this as an advantage.

Marowak we have to do it on this round.

Start with an Endeavour and follow with Rock tomb to hold it in place. End this the same way you ended your appeals. With Giga impact!

Endeavour - Rock Tomb - Giga Impact

Greyfox
10th July 2007, 09:19 PM
They can be, but not in this situation. Aerial Ace was used as a means to dodge the oncoming Fire Blast, while Theif was used to grab Marowak's bone (which wasn't near Stunky at the time of use). That's why Marowak didn't do damage to Stunky.

-Grey

Ultimate Charizard
10th July 2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah i kinda figured your reasoning though at the time of issuing the attacks i was kinda wanting to go on the offensive, thats why i used Aerial Ace and not Protect. And i can see how thief was evaded as Stunky would need his mouth free to use Crunch though in that case it very much comes down to the individual refs interpretation. The opponent didnt make that clear in the orders and i know of some refs who would go completely the other way and say Stunky couldnt perform Crunch with a bone in its mouth etc

But like i said its not really a problem. (unless it costs me the match lol ;))

MeLoVeGhOsTs
11th July 2007, 03:37 PM
Double team and get your evasion up. Let's hope for some luck.

Then, counter the rock tomb with a Dig, so dig down when you see the rocks coming, you should be able to escape the tomb even if it did succeed. Then, Giga pact will be kinda difficult with you being underground, so wait for the moment and then strike hard!

Double Team - Dig - Undig (strike)

Win or lose, good job Stunky, and Ammit too.

Let's finish this!

Greyfox
11th July 2007, 04:21 PM
JUNE 2007 GRAND PRIX

MAROWAK

Male

HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 56%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 43%
ready to go

Endeavor / Rock Tomb / Focus Blast

STUNKY
Male

HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 57%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 44%
shaken up

Double Team / Dig / Dig

ROUND FIVE OF FIVE

The June Contest reaches it's final minute as Stunky closes his eyes and, in a large puff of smoke, creates three clones that surround him (-6% - Stunky). Marowak wastes no time and charges towards one of the pokemon; throwing his entire body into the attack, Marowak darts through a stunky - causing it to disappear in a similar burst of smoke, leaving Marowak slightly perturbed (-7% - Marowak).

Marowak muses for just a moment with his bone raised high into the air; he slams it to the ground, summoning a "rock train" to flow through the ground at one of the stunky. Stunky, realizing that he's about to be struck, quickly lashes at the soft soil below. The upheaval ensues, trapping Stunky in the rocks (-6% - Stunky; -5% - Marowak), but he continues to dig from the earthy prison (-5% - Stunky).

Marowak, assuming that his foe is still trapped in the rocks, begins charging his final attack. Meanwhile, Stunky continues to burrow through the soil until he digs upward, catching the marowak off guard (-5% - Marowak; -3% - Stunky). Loosing control, Marowak stumbles and inadvertently releases his charged attack; Stunky is hit by a part of it (-4% - Stunky; -8% - Marowak), but the other part destroys the ground.

The time clock runs out, and the whistle is blown, thus ending the final round of the grand prix.

MAROWAK
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 51%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 23%
crazed

STUNKY
Male
HEALTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 47%
ENERGY IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 30%
tired

It was a very close final round, but Ultimate Charizard proves victorious, with his Marowak having 4% more life than MeLoVeGhOsTs Stunky.

Ultimate Charizard, Marowak, and Growlithe are awarded 4 points, as well as the June Contest Ribbon.
The Arbiter is awarded 4 points.

Congratulations!

-Grey

MeLoVeGhOsTs
11th July 2007, 04:27 PM
Congrats UC, a deserved victory. Enjoy.

Chris 2.1
11th July 2007, 04:31 PM
Here you go UC! Ribbon and such

Ultimate Charizard
11th July 2007, 10:11 PM
Wait a sec....i get poitns for this too...IM NOT IN DEBT ANYMORE!!!!!!

Well done Marowak and well done Growlithe!

Thanks for a damn tough battle MLG and also to everyon else who took part. Oh and of course Grey for bein so gratious to drop out himself to actually ref this thing.
Guess this means i have to think up things for the Grand festival....