PDA

View Full Version : Next Stop, Lake Valor and the lake creatures

Dark-San
2nd June 2007, 01:16 AM
I remember that there was another topic regarding the lake creatures but I did not bother to dig it up since my question would be totally unrelated in some way. Currently, my game character is still at Iron Island pumping the levels of my Pokemons from 60s to around 70. My next stop would of course be over at Lake Valor where I figured out I would be battling the lake creatures next.

Hence in order not for me to overtrained my Pokemons, resulting in a one- hit K'O. I would like to know what are the general levels of the lake creatures? Are their level be in the fifties or sixtes?

And also I saw quite a lot of discussion on the earlier topic on using Dusk Balls to catch those lake creatures, hence I was wondering where can I get those as well. Thanks.

TKnHappyNess
2nd June 2007, 06:02 AM
They're all at Level 50. Azelf and Mesprit are the annoying ones, while Uxie isn't that bad.

DarkestLight
2nd June 2007, 09:04 AM
Dusk Balls? Aren't they at the Pokemon League?

classy_cat18
2nd June 2007, 09:20 AM
I think I bought Dusk Balls at either Solaceon or the Department Store. But they had to be somewhere between Floarama and Pastoria.

AdventureSerum
2nd June 2007, 01:14 PM
I took both non wandering lake creatures with one pokemon at about sixty-five and a couple at around fifty to fifty-five. I would suggest bringing it down to the red zone, paralyzing it or putting it to sleep (I went with paralysis) and either padding out your turns for the use of a timer ball or using a dusk ball. Bring lots of potions and the like as well, especially if you're going to go with the timer ball strategty. Good luck!

TKnHappyNess
2nd June 2007, 02:22 PM
You can get Dusk Balls anywhere I think. It depends on how many badges you have this time around. You probably wouldn't have a problem softening up Uxie because it's built like a tank, however you might have a problem with the other two.

Crazy Elf Boy
3rd June 2007, 06:11 AM
Uxie is the easiest
Azelf is harder, get a pokemon with a lot of special defense (Damn nasty ploting bitch)
Mesprit, I am no sure what this fight is like since I haven't tried it yet

Toxicity
3rd June 2007, 02:13 PM
Uxie being the easiest? I remember having a harder time with it than I did Azelf even after stat changes!

As for Mesprit, I wouldn't know either because of the running away. I assume that in difficulty it would be somewhere in between, but maybe leaning towards Azelf with the combination of Lucky Chant and Charm.

Dark Sage
3rd June 2007, 02:49 PM
I'm right now in the middle of catching the Lake Legends, and they seem to be the most fickle and chaotic pokemon ever.

I'll explain. I went for Uxie first, because I heard it was the easiest. And true, it couldn't hurt my pokemon much. I had a strategy: I used a single Draco Meteor from my Garchomp to deal its HP a heavy hit, then I used False Swipe. Then I put it to sleep with my Bronzong.

However, even fast asleep and with only one HP, it was incredibly hard to catch. It took eighteen Dusk Balls and three Timer Balls before I finally caught it.

Now, you'd expect that from a Legendary, right? Well, what happened when I go to get Azelf?

I use the same strategy, and I caught it with only two Dusk Balls.

Like I said... The most fickle and chaotic pokemon ever.

By the way, I haven't gone to try my luck with Mesprit yet. I will when the sun goes down, and a Dusk Ball will work anywhere. My strategy for dealing with it is posted on another post. (I know I could use the Master Ball, but then I'd have a worse time with Cresselia.)

Crazy Elf Boy
4th June 2007, 04:53 AM
Dark, I suggest you save the Masterball for Heatran, It is a bitch I got it to the red with 2 dragon claws. Then after 50 ultra balls (Thats right 50) it killed itself with struggle, btw I tried it 2 times and both times it killed itself

Dark Sage
4th June 2007, 04:57 AM
What you should have done was use False Swipe, then use Timer Balls after thrity rounds had passed. And by the way, Dusk Balls are better than Ultra Balls. It's pretty Dark in Heatran's lair.

If you think Heatran was hard, just wait until you go up against Giratina and Regigigas (I have a strategy for dealing with Regigigas, by the way, if anyone wants to hear it.)

Crazy Elf Boy
4th June 2007, 05:11 AM
Oh.....bugger

*runs off to buy Dusk balls*

*Realises he doesn't have a DS at the moment*

*Sulks*

Sure why not, tell us your strat

Dark Sage
4th June 2007, 05:19 AM
Okay...

The key is training and bringing this Pokemon: Spiritomb.

Yeah, Spiritomb is very hard to aquire, but this may be Regigigas's worst enemy.

See, when you encounter Regigigas, it knows the following four moves: Confuse Ray, Stomp, Zen Headbutt, and Superpower. Since Spiritomb is a Ghost/Dark, the only one that can affect it at all is Confuse Ray. So long as you keep a few healing items, you have a pokemon that can stand up to it while you use the pokeballs.

Plus, if you train it right, it knows Hypnosis too... Another plus.

AdventureSerum
4th June 2007, 08:27 AM
How can Spiritomb stomp on anything? It's like... A ghost attatched to a rock. Speaking of Spiritomb, how do I get it? (Besides trading it to some jerk who wants a level 100 Regigigas for it, that is.)

Dark-San
4th June 2007, 09:09 AM
Stick to the topic, guys. If you want to know on how to get a Spiritomb by yourself, contact me via PM. If you are the lazy type and just want to get it, contact me via MSN, PM or AIM. As soon as I am online and I received your message, I would Wifi trade with ya.

Back to the main topic, I spent a whole afternoon catching those three legendaries. They did not give me much of a problem. The only problem which I faced was rather the fact that most of my attacks hit them with one turn. >.<

After much gruelling dueling with the three bitches, I finally caught them all with the number of Pokeballs used.

Uxie: The easiest of the three. I only captured it with a Dusk Ball.

Azelf: Yeah I agreed. I had much problem with its Nasty Plot. Kind of like a mini sweeper but I was right to bring along a Spiritomb which nails it with Hypnosis and then followed by 4 Dusk Balls and an Ultra Ball.

Mesprit: This is one legendary for the first time gave me such a busy time. First I had to waste 2 Heart Scale getting Gengar to re-learn Mean Look. After which, I had to waste like 2 Ultra Balls, 2 Timer Balls and 6 Dusk Balls to finally get it. I was shocked when it could fled in the first place even when it is asleep. 0.o"

Oh and why Spiritomb is recommended in capturing all these Pokemons. Firstly, this baby has no real weakness which means none of types can deal it with a super effective move. Secondly, it has a high defence and special defence. I tested it personally in a Wifi battle, it took like three Dragon Claw to knock out it.

The only disadvantage would be the fact that it lacks the speed thats all. ^.^

Dark Sage
4th June 2007, 09:17 AM
Spiritomb doesn't know Stomp. Regigigas does. Those four moves are what Regigigas comes with.