View Full Version : .:Final Fantasy:. *Darkness Descends* [INVITE ONLY]

Crystal Tears
3rd June 2007, 02:17 PM
FINAL FANTASY
Darkness Descends

If only it were so simple,
to cruise through life smelling roses;
but the obstacles blacken the countryside,
and we unwittingly crush them beneath our boots.

Dreams sustain us through the madness;
goals give a finish line to our race.
Yet they change with every turn, around every wall,
and remain elusive throughout the quest.

Mistakes are made, and regrets are our luggage;
we will drag them with us to slow us down.
The victories are flashes of light, sudden and unlasting, which allow us
to glimpse the road ahead before darkness descends.

Love is bitter, yet it is the bread that keeps us.
Over and over it fills us up, only to starve us.
The people whom we love shape our destinies and our strengths,
yet leave us cold and alone in the darkness.

There are others trying to race to the end;
occasionally, we bump into one or two.
The bonds we form help us down the path less lonely
but eventually, we lose each other in the darkness.

Alone is not a bad way to be;
it clears your head and focuses you on the journey.
Cherish the short intervals during the quest you have with others,
but be prepared to walk alone in the darkness.

Long ago, it was said that a Summoner by the name of Yuna banished the creature Sin from this world. The Calm came then; one that was said to be everlasting. Though it only lasted for three years, in reality; until the now High-Summoner Yuna was forced to come to Spira’s rescue once more. But this time, from an undead threat that had long been tormented. It was then that the continent known as Spira and all its people began to get along. Governments formed alliances, and the everlasting Calm did exactly what it was meant to do.
Last seemingly forever.

It has been four hundred long years since Yuna and her Guardians saved our world for a second time. We have continued to live in peace with each other. Every uprising has been peacefully subsided, each near outbreak of war avoided and put to rest. Temples of the ancient Yevonites crumble as we become more advanced, and forget the old ways. It has taken us four hundred years to completely forget the horrors that Sin and the undead Shuyin once brought upon us.

We live on a planet named Gaia, though this is not often mentioned. It is not strange that our continent, though it is vast and supreme, isn’t the only one on our fair Gaia. Across the sea there lies another. Like us, they have been forged into a vast alliance. Ivalice is what they call their lands. Aggressive would be a kind way of expressing their leader’s personality. He sees us only as a nuisance; and honestly, we think of him and his followers as the same.
His name is Vayne Solidor, the Emperor of Ivalice, a continent about the same size as ours. Though he and our leader, the High Maestress Yunalesca (named after the first summoner to defeat Sin) have agreed on peace, everyone can feel the tension. Our warships patrol our borders constantly, and it is even rumoured that war machina have been produced.
I am a firm believer that war has merely been suspended by this treaty, not avoided.

Oh, do forgive my rudeness. My name is Maechen, and I am a scholar. For a very long time, I have recorded the history of Spira both on paper, in spheres, and in my mind. Although at this moment in time, I am not in Spira, and nor am I in Ivalice.

I am on a newly discovered continent that has no real name, for both the Emperor and the High Maestress discovered it at the same time. Both myself, and the settlers from both sides have found this place to have a different feel to it. Magicks of all varieties are here; entwining themselves around each other and those who have newly arrived. At points, the feeling is grand, and powerful. Something to be admired and respected. While other times, in other areas, particularly around the coastal mountains and central forest, it feels horrid and evil.
I fear the darker feeling has been spreading. The creatures all around have become violent, and the mortality rate is rising. People have become aggressive, especially the leaders. Both on the island, and off…

Darkness is descending upon us… I can only hope that High-Summoner Yuna hears my prayers for peace. Before it is too late.

~Maechen

Maechen died two days later in a night raid believed to be carried out by the Ivalice Empire. Emperor Solidor denied any responsibility for the act. That afternoon, the High-Maestress met with the Emperor. It was there that Spiran friendly forces (including the Maestress) were attacked, leaving the Empire relatively unharmed in the action. The war that had been avoided for four hundred years had begun.

As the Warship ‘Auron’ escaped the Ivalice capital of Archades, the massive and powerful 7th fleet of the Empire made a swift and crippling attack on the New Home City, situated on Bikinel island.

Bevelle, the rival capital of Archades, revealed its new weapons about a week later. Long-ranged missile-Machina were unleashed, flattening the fortress and metropolis of Nalbina. It was believed that Emperor Solidor’s child was visiting Nalbina at the time, prompting this horrendous attack.

Now the war turns to the un-named continent. Rich with resources that could ultimately decide who wins this tragic war, the settlers of this place nervously wait as the horizon becomes thick with the shadows of airships.

DARKNESS DESCENDS

Name:
Race: Any race from Spira or Ivalice
Appearance: Depends on which continent you're from, concerning the clothes anyway.
Personality:
Weapon Style: Spira or Ivalice?
Weapon Type:
Weapon: its looks.
History:
Other:

Name: Selene Raminas
Race: Human
Origin: Ivalice
Appearance: Selene is a rather attractive girl. Her body is slender and built for agility, to complete the ideal bodily look her skin is pale, but a beautiful moonlight pale, without so much as a scratch on it. Her hair is a faint strawberry pink colour, long, and cut nicely to frame her face while the rest if tied into a loose ponytail with a deep blue ribbon (basically layered). Her eyes are a deep, mystical blue colour that tends to sparkle when she's intrigued or happy. She stands about 5'6'' (so added on >.>).
She wears a dark burgundy tap top with a turtleneck collar with a silver zipper running down the middle. It is always done completely up, and is overlapped with a mainly white vest that appears to be made out of leather. It too, has no sleeves, with a high collar and a v-neck design revealing more of her lovely sweater-ish tank top. The collar that flips over long the lower part of the v-neck is beige, along with the complete inside of the jacket, and the two semi-large pockets with silver zippers. She also wears semi-tight shorts that are relatively... short. Tied around her left thigh is a beige leather holster that holds Calypso. Her boots are black, with silver buckles and black straps that come up three quarters on her lower-leg. She has a deep blue cape thrown over her shoulder that bares the Ivalice Crest (Two light-blue meteors like objects twirling around each other until the heads touch just barely at the top), the cape is also clipped on by a beige piece of leather.
All around, Selene is a fairly attractive woman who usually has a slightly curious and confident expression on her face.
Personality: Selene, though she doesn't know it, has two dominant traits from her mother and father. From her mother, is an unwillingness back down, and accept an outcome that doesn't fit her liking; which can also be called stubborn. The trait she inherited from her father is a little less direct. It's the ability to manipulate, be secretive and lie. Selene inherited the dark trait of selfishness. Though she won't openly flaunt it around, as she hides it behind a selfless, positive (yet stubborn) attitude, usually she's looking out for herself.
Weapon Style: Ivalice
Weapon Type: Firearm (Pistol Design)
Weapon: Calypso is a silver coloured pistol with an elongated muzzle. Engraved in blue on the sides is an elegant picture of waves with a demonic looking sea-serpent leaping out and wrapping itself around the beige handle.
History: Preferring to keep her history to herself, Selene states that she’s from Rabanastre, the capital city of Dalmasca. The city itself is dizzyingly large, with buildings that tower over the inhabitants. Selene will talk about how the Seeq, and most of the Bangaa were locked down in the lower city, a show of racism enforced not only be the horrid Imperial guards that line every pathway and door, but by the government itself. Though it bothers her a bit, the Archadian way has rubbed off on the Dalmascan, the sight of another race locked below with little food and clean water really fails to get at her anymore. She wishes to change it, but knows she’ll fail.
She was also at Nalbina three days before the Spiran missile strike. She remembers seeing the smaller 9th fleet of Archadia docked there while they loaded up on supplies. This all more of her recent history, but she loved Nalbina and its culture. Hearing that it had been destroyed makes her boil at the thought of Spira winning this war.
Other: She has deadly accuracy with her gun.

Perfect Chaos
3rd June 2007, 02:31 PM
I take it Invite Only means you PMed all the people that you will allow to join the RPG?

If that's the case, then I wish you good luck with this RPG

If not, then is it OK if reserve a character?

Crystal Tears
3rd June 2007, 02:40 PM
Despite the title I feel compelled to reserve you a spot. Congratulations ^_^

HOWEVER.

To everyone else. I am in my full rights of having a private RPG to deny you. So, don't bite my head off if you request a spot and I say no. -_-'

~CT

Weasel Overlord
3rd June 2007, 02:55 PM
Argh, purple. CT dahling, turn off the hard-to-read-colours. ^_^""
After much work, I give you...

Name: Sirius fir Sterrl de Famfræn [sɪɹɪʊs fə stəɹl də famfɹe:n] – This is for you magical people who can read IPA. ^_^ For those normal folk whose brains explode upon looking at the IPA, I give you the layman’s pronunciation guide: [Si-ri-us fer St-url de Famf-rain]
Race: Hume
Appearance: Sirius is almost constantly clad in a pair of extremely flattering black leather pants which are somewhat tight-fitting around the arse area. He knows that he’s sexy, and the pants just prove his somewhat arrogant nature. They’re long enough to almost cover his boots, but he tucks the surplus material into the wide tops so that it bunches attractively, tightening at his shapely calves.
Slung diagonally across his hips is a wide, brown leather belt from which hangs the scabbard for Durrendal. (see: sword, hurhurhur) This scabbard is rather long, as it obviously has to be, since the sword (hurhur) is 42 inches long, and it’s in hardened brown leather, strapped to Sirius’s waist via a complex series of slender belts.
Sirius prefers to go shirtless at all times, but for the sake of decency, and to save all the buxom lasses swooning every time they see him, he deigns to wear a light cotton shirt dyed in a dark hue of red/purple. He never fastens his shirt all the way to the neck, preferring to leave it open halfway down his chest, only fastening the bottom three silver buttons. The sleeves of his shirt are baggy and loose, to allow as much air to flow around his tanned skin as possible.
Sirius has a dark complexion from almost constant exposure to the sun while flying his airship. (The sun’s brighter above the clouds, ya know. XD)
Sirius is taaall, standing at just over 6’4”, although his sturdy boots probably add a few inches to the height. His hair is sun-bleached blonde at the tips, once again from spending hours at the helm, but the bits that the sun didn’t reach are dark brown. His hair is cut short to keep it out of his eyes, but it’s not so short that he has a crew cut. Oh no. It spikes ever-so-slightly on the top, and curls around his ears and at the nape of his neck. If Sirius ever let his hair grow, and he has done that at times, it falls in beautiful brown curls.
His eyes are the most soulful dark brown, topped by long lashes which girls would kill for. He has this look, like a kicked puppy. If he turns those eyes on any girl, they’ll melt in a second and do whatever the hell he wants them to.
Personality: Sirius is, first and foremost, a charmer. It’s like charm was built into his genetic code or something, it comes so naturally to him. He loves words and the way beautiful prose or poetry feels in his mouth, and he’s been a book lover ever since he was old enough to read. Coming from a rich and influential family as he did, he had access to a gigantic library from as far back as he can remember, and this is probably what spawned his love of words and literature.
He has a delicate turn of phrase and a soft way of speaking, but although he never raises his voice, he almost always commands attention from anyone nearby. It could be something to do with his voice, which is like rich melted chocolate, (This analogy is more commonly applied by me to the English VA for Sephiroth in Advent Children. Oh GOD his voice… x_x) or it could simply be his huge amount of charisma, or his utmost gallantry towards ladies at all times.
He has perfect manners and out of long practice acts like a true gentleman. Which is strange, when you consider that he’s actually a pirate of the skies.
For all his impeccable manners, there’s something of impatience in Sirius. He’s been known to make snap decisions without really thinking about the consequences; he doesn’t have any patience with anyone he sees as stupid or narrow-minded, and he especially hates being forced into doing something he doesn’t want to do. Which is the single huge reason for his pirating.
Anyone who doesn’t know him well enough would automatically assume that he’s an arrogant bastard, which is true, in a way. He knows exactly how gorgeous he is, and he plays to that strength at all times.
History: Born into the extremely wealthy and influential de Famfræn family, Sirius was raised by nannies and various servants, and only saw his parents at the evening meal, which were so stuffily formal that he might as well not have seen them at all.
He had a series of tutors who drilled him daily in languages, manners and other lordly pursuits, such as hunting and the like. Most of his free time was spent in the library, alone, reading stories of sky pirates and adventurers and fair maidens with a slight tinge of bitterness that their lives were so much more interesting than his.
When he was 18, and right in the middle of being primed for the taking over of all the estates and riches of the de Famfræn family, he was overcome by an urge, an impulse, a need to escape this life of immense dullness. So he ran away from home, sure that his parents wouldn’t even notice his absence for at least a day, giving him an excellent head-start. Being an intelligent boy, he had the sense to take with him a very large sum of money. Enough, indeed, to purchase himself an airship and a crew. On the maiden voyage, he christened the ship “Wolfstar” and quaffed a pitcher of wine on her hull, spilling the rest upon her decks for luck.
For three years after, Sirius made an excellent living pirating, raiding and generally being a scurvy knave until a sudden squall blew up one night, sending the Wolfstar spiralling off course to crash on the un-named continent.
Sirius has lived there for a year, and he is still no closer to fixing his precious airship. It must be something about the magically charged atmosphere. It sets his teeth on edge, and has managed to claim well over two thirds of his crew since the crash.
Weapon Style: FFXII
Weapon Type: One-handed sword
Weapon: Sirius uses a longsword, which he calls Durrendal, and its blade is approximately 42 inches in length, with a further 13 inches of hilt wrapped tightly in deep red leather strips to provide a good grip. As a pommel stone, Durrendal has a blood red ruby about the size of an egg set firmly in a mythril holder.
The entire longsword is made of mythril, but the metal was treated when it was forged so that it shimmers with black, instead of the usual bright silvery-colour of mythril.
Etched all the way along the blade is a design of ivy and trailing plants which branch off the deep blood-channel which runs down the centre of Durrendal to the tip, where it splits the point in two. These etchings are in a red as deep as the ruby pommel, which contrasts beautifully with the black of the blade.
Other: “well, at least your sword is to the point”… Disclaimer. Sirius may or may not be based on a character meshing of Balthier Bunansa and Giacamo Casanova. (Pronounced Jackamo, damn Italians ><)
Sorry he's not gay, for any of you people who enjoy my gay characters. (probably no-one except Wennford ;_; )
Also, spot the yaoi references XD *giggles smuttily*

Perfect Chaos
3rd June 2007, 04:03 PM
Forgive me, since I haven't played FF in a long time

But what's the difference between Spira and Ivalice (I've played FFX so I know about Spira but what are some of the differences in terms of appearance and weapon styles?)

Pichu Luver
6th June 2007, 09:26 PM
Many thanks Weez!

Name: Adair Stroud
Race: Human
Origin: Spira
Appearance: Long light brown hair that is as straight as an arrow when he let's it out of his tail. Just as well as some strands are always free draping next to his face. His skin is very tanned as he spends practically all his time outdoors. Thin sideburns reach down to just past the edge of his jaw. Almost always has sunglasses on, behind which are rich brown eyes that are nearly always filled with humor. A smirk or smile, choose which offends you less, is most often on his face. Like he is privileged to the best joke in the world and no one else gets it.
He is 6'0 and walks with a slight swagger, but not one to make him look cool. He looks exceptionally odd in fact and gets many looks of people wondering just what he's on. The more pleased he is, the more pronounced the swagger. He wears a loose light green silk shirt and dark canvas pants of an indeterminate dark hue. It could be brown, green or black; no one is quite sure, not even him. A very frayed light trench coat, a dirty dark brown color with many pockets is over his shirt. All the buttons but the very top one are missing. A light green bandana covers his hair and he has one crystal blue ring on his left pinkie. He has a navy blue sash and his long sword is kept on his back so he has the strap going across his chest. His fiddle is kept on a case hanging from his waist and he wears leather boots with a small heel.
Personality: Very cavalier and selfish. He almost always has his own goals in mind, even if he saves your life, there is probably some way he can profit from it. He doesn't quite lie, but nearly everything he tells you is a half-truth. Any honest words are so muddled in amongst his tales that you'd be lucky to pick them out of the verbal jumble.
Consistently cheerful, even when the shit is hitting the fan, he can say something that will at least make you roll your eyes. He has no problem screaming in a most ridiculous manner, and diving, rolling and any number of stunts during a fight. It adds up to be very distracting to his opponent and anyone who watches him fight realizes how useful this madness can be. He also has absolutely no problem running away from a fight. Not quite a coward, but he'd avoid fights whenever possible.
He often throws in long/eloquent/not often heard words into everyday speech just to confuse people as he thinks it funny. He'll flirt with women but it's often nothing more then words, as he just can't be bothered with all the responsibility with getting to close. For all his flippancy he has a high sense of honor and when he thinks its necessary will stand and fight for what he believes in. Well . . . usually.
Weapon Style: Spira
Weapon Type: Longsword
Weapon: The blade is three and quarter feet long and half a foot wide. The sword is only sharpened on one side. It curves slightly but noticeably from pommel to tip. The top unsharpened part cuts down halfway through the blade so the end is thinner slightly then the base. It does not have a point however it abruptly cuts off. It is dark blue at the pommel and fades to a greenish blue. At the base there is an extra loop of steel that Adair has attached red feather to. The pommel and bracer is gold with red fabric on the handle. There is words written on it but he has no idea what they say. Similar to the last sword on the right ( http://www.ffcrystals.limited-chaos.com/ffx/weapons/Tidus.jpg )
History: He was born in Luca and grew up loving blitzball. He didn't know his father as his mother was er . . . a seller of pleasure shall we say. He ran away from home at 14 and joined a blitz team. They made it fairly high in the standings but after a couple of years of never getting past the quarterfinals he left.
He joined an airship that traveled around Spira transporting goods of a dubious origin. He became a rather adept at flying them and many times kept them in the air by what should have been impossible maneuvers. He eventually made it to Ivalice where the ship was finally caught. He made his escape by tying a rope to his sword, flinging it at a building and sliding down said rope in a bucket. Waving all the while at the authorities saying he 'gave them his condolences for this grievance but a stint in the brig would be most contrary to his wishes.'
He then heard a rich gentleman was running away to be a pirate and was looking for crewmen to leave pronto. He presented himself and was accepted on the condition all ladies go to Sirius first (recognizing a fellow charmer if not nearly as good at it). This was no hardship for Adair and he heartily agreed. They have come to an understanding that while Adair would have no problems leaving him in dire straights, if it's of profit to him, he can be most dependable. They could almost be called friends but it's more of a continuing of similar goals. When they crashed Adair worked as feverishly as a lout can but to no avail. He can often be heard cursing Ivalice technology and all its 'infernally ludicrous complexities.'
Other: Rather good at playing the fiddle.

Weasel Overlord
7th June 2007, 06:57 AM
Waaaay! A fellow piratey type! You can be my bosun! Haul the rigging! &c. &c.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
11th June 2007, 09:56 AM
To CT - please review the (very brief, no fear) history to see if I added in things that shouldn't be there, particularly re: Maechen >< also do we all have the ability to use magic?

Name: Yomu

Race: Mostly human; one-quarter Guado

Origin: Spira

Appearance: Yomu is 5'10", and somewhat scrawny, with a greyish tinge to his skin. A vulture wouldn't have found suitable pickings on him. He has deep-set eyes that blaze greenly, rather like hellfire in the empty sockets of a skull's eyeholes; his nose sticks out most violently, and is extremely pointy. His ears were originally pointy as well, due to Guado heritage, and are bent forward by a pair of heavy earcuffs made of tarnished mythril. Wavy, unruly, occasionally frizzy and fond of setting itself in snarls, his hair is dark and pulled relentlessly back into a ponytail that makes the silhouette of his head resemble a crinkled pineapple. His fingers are elongated and clawlike, as are his toes. His wrists are weighed down by a pair of large, matching coral red rosary-bead bracelets. He has an uncanny ability to watch people without seeming to need to move his eyes.
If the religion of Yevon had been remembered at all by the people of Spira, Yomu might have been mistaken for a wandering monk, or perhaps an itinerant fisherman. Certainly, he is dressed to fit the role, in a worn, oversized garment, something of a cross between a caftan and a kimono - it opens at the front, but the sleeves are cut wide and round. This garment (for lack of a better word) is very loose and made of coarse undyed wool, the base colour something resembling murky cream, with a pattern of cerulean waves on the lower sleeves and along the lower hem, and the frayed collar is darker blue. It extends, albeit raggedly, to his ankles, but Yomu gathers this up and tucks it into a thin indigo obi, which also holds the garment semi-closed. Over the obi there is a reddish-brown cord and a crudely carved bone netsuke (belt toggle), from which hangs his gil pouch, usually empty. Under all this he wears a short-sleeved shirt, off-white, with a V narrowly slit down the front of its round collar, and a shabby pair of breeches reaching to just past his kneecaps. The soles of his feet are thick enough that he could safely go barefoot and not bother about stepping on thorns or sharp rocks, but he opts instead to don an old pair of wooden sandals.

Personality: Despite possibly wishing for a counter-reformation to hit Spira (in which he would be a very zealous priest, perhaps a smarter Shelinda), Yomu is content as he is. He is altruistic, and long-suffering as a consequence of his altruism. Refusing to fight back in most cases, he often ends up running away if the other party is too keen on continuing the duel. A very bookish character (in a markedly different way from Messr. de Famfræn), he goes mad over antiques, elderly manuscripts, and remnants of Yevonite temples, and is a budding historian and antiquarian. He is most vocal about this vocation of his, says he will sort out the problem of being penniless when it becomes an unavoidable issue. He possesses morals in great abundance, and is not afraid to share them if he thinks it fit, in a suitably stiff and moralizing manner; when he forgets to put this manner on, he can be genuinely sympathetic. He is an awful prude and blushes in a most endearing schoolboyish manner when talked to by attractive women. Has never, ever had a drop of alcohol in any form whatsoever. Always tells the truth. Tends to flap about like a bird (not helped by the nature of his clothing) when agitated; conversely, when a real threat comes, he is always deadly calm.

Weapon Style: Spira

Weapon Type: Staff

Weapon: Shakujo; a monk's ringed staff; the rings being added with the purpose of jingling to warn insects that a much larger creature is tromping its great large feet about and may pose a danger to said insects. The staff's head looks like this (http://www.pref.nara.jp/bunkaz/shinshitei/h16/5shakujo.jpg), only with six rings, three hanging in each curved hook; they are made of steel. The shaft of the shakujo is made of some dark-coloured tropical hardwood, overlaid with a thin veneer of varnish.

History: Both Yomu's parents were nigh maniacal ruin hunters, traipsing all over Spira in search of 'the past'. They left him in the care of his maternal grandparents, who lived in Guadosalam, a city which, despite losing its Yevonite roots, was still greatly steeped in tradition. By the time Yomu was four his parents were already gone, dead or disappeared, on an expedition into the Farplane to map out the interior.
His Guado grandfather was an acquaintance and colleague of the scholar Maechen, although he was essentially an unadventurous man, and much preferred to rove the world through the armchair mediums of book or codex. Grandfather was a collector of things old and musty, and an avid reader of books; under his tutelage Yomu developed a voracious appetite for semantics and a sense of the overwhelming, omnipresent feeling of history, in order to look forward you must look back, &c. &c.
Recently, he accompanied Maechen to the unnamed continent in the grand name of research. They were nowhere near the completion of their analysis of the island and its mysterious store of magic when the scholar was dead, killed in a night raid, and Yomu only just gotten away by the skin of his teeth. He did not know who the assailants were, nor why the attack was carried out; he only knew that it was grave and wrong to kill someone like that, because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that a great loss to the field of history had just been sustained.

Other: Machines mystify him. Is also able to sit quietly in corners and do absolutely nothing at all for extended periods of time.

Crystal Tears
11th June 2007, 05:42 PM
Everyone is accepted so far! The RPG will begin soon! Because I'm sick of waiting for others sign ups. >_>

Hyperness is a Good Thing
21st June 2007, 09:40 AM
Must admit, I was HIGHLY tempted to be a moogle. Because they’re so cute >.<
How’s the signup? ^^

Name: Alya Kalani
Race: Shall be boring and be a Hume like everyone else
History: It is whispered that many aeons ago, one of her ancestors took a Viera bride, and many generations later, all trace of Viera blood has left, except for a tendency among the women of the Kalani family to be longer lived than the norm, and also, once or twice every hundred years, a child with silvery white hair will be born, coupled with dark skin leading them to believe that their ancestress was a Rava Viera. Alya is the daughter of two high ranking nobles of Ivalice, but grew up half-wild, running around in the forests around her home. Possessing a heightened sense of hearing and keener eyesight than her peers, also a quick intelligence and superior agility and flexibility, she outshone all and was known to be an arrogant brat until the Chief of the Palace Guards, Terience Salaive, took her into hand and coached her in the usage of various weapons. With his strict discipline and a method to channel her skills and energy, she forgot her reckless ways, much to the pleasure of her parents. She longed for adventure and a chance to test her skills, and so begged her parents to allow her to travel to this new continent. She left with her mentor’s blessing amidst her mother’s worries that she would never be the proper lady she was born to be.
Appearance: Cascading silver hair that falls well beyond her waist and smooth skin a shade lighter than raw umber, Alya stands at around 5”8, with sharp, delicate features and a slender body, very much a throwback to her Viera ancestress. Both her ears are heavily pierced, a deliberate imitation of the Viera that she has seen occasionally. She wears a satiny white halter top with a low back and long fringes down the front that reach her stomach. Below the shirt, she wears thin body armour that is almost impervious to most blades – she suspects that it is made out of Adamantite. Her pants resemble tight white leggings, with multiple belts and buckles hanging all over, most are purely ornamental with no practical purpose. A dark brown belt is tied at her waist, it is studded and beaded, and right at the front, in very shiny crystal, is her family’s insignia. She wears white tough leather gauntlets on both her hands that reach from her palms to her elbows, leaving her fingers free. Brown leather boots with very high heels adorn her legs – unique bone structure, once again thanks to her Viera ancestor – allow her to wear them for extremely long amounts of time with much less discomfort than a normal Hume female would feel.
Personality: Alya tends to be headstrong and occasionally overbearing, remnants of a youth spent ordering everyone else around. Supremely self confident, she can be arrogant at certain occasions. She finds it hard to empathise with others, thus leading to her not being able to make friends very easily. Her good regard, once lost, can never be regained. However, since she is aware of this fault of hers, so she always reserves judgement and believes deeply in “innocent until proven guilty”. She does have her fair share of qualms and morals, though can get irritated if continuously told to do “what is right”. Cowardice is not one of her traits, but occasionally, she can crumble under intense stress. One of her bad habits is interrupting people when they talk, especially if she thinks they’re slow, or stupid. She is aware that patience is a virtue, but it is a virtue she lacks greatly.
Weapon Style: Ivalice
Weapon Type: Whip Chain (think Quistis from FFXIII)
Weapon: Her chain totals over one and a half metres in length, is made out of bluish-mythril and divided into nine segments, not counting its polished metal handle and a very sharp metal dart on the other end. The dart is attached by a clip, and hence, removable, whereas the segments are linked by strong rings. She is very adept with it, and can move it with extraordinary speed. The metal it is made out of is extremely strong and durable – it can take bullets without even denting the material. When not in use, she ties it around her waist, securing it on her belt where there is a special loop what snugly fits around the handle. The chain is fixed in such a way that she can remove the whole whip with just a single pull, to avoid having to fiddle around with it when she needs to access her weapon in a hurry. There is a special pouch for the sharp dart on her left hip, and she carries at least two spares with her at all times, in case it is damaged or lost.
Other: She is skilled in the uses of various types of weaponry, also very lithe and can move very silently to avoid detection - had that class existed, she would have probably been trained up as an assassin. She also has zero alcohol tolerance.