PDA

View Full Version : Doing up a competitive Spirtomb

Dark-San
4th June 2007, 09:49 AM
Spiritomb, one of the better pokemons out there existing in the Diamond/ Pearl generation. What makes this ghost type so fascinating is the fact that it had no type weakness and had a high defence proportion. It is because of these fact that I had decided to do up a Wifi competitive Spiritomb.

Spiritomb (Male) Level 54
Item hold: Quick Claw
Skills: Hypnosis
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Destiny Bond

The item hold is pretty explainory. First I would start off things with Hypnosis. When the opponent's pokemon is asleep, it is the best time to build up its special attack stats using Nasty Plot. And when its special attack status can no longer rise any further, I would used it as a mini sweeper and take out as many of my opponent's Pokemons as possible.

Destiny Bond is just there to kamikaze with a stronger Pokemon. Any suggestion on how should I make it better?

Trent
4th June 2007, 11:43 AM
IMHO, 10% chance of first strike does not make Quick Claw worth it. Ask for Spiritomb in itself, I think you might be better off playing it as an annoyer or tank. Because, lets just face it. The guy has defensive stats and a type that leaves it with no Super Effective. You should probably take advantage of that.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Pressure
-Confuse Ray
-Toxic/Will o' Wisp
-Protect
-Destiny Bond

I guess thats all that I can think of, though you might want to drop one of the annoying attacks to keep Dark Pulse, like you said. But his attacking stat is so unimpressive, that I think it might be best just to have him rely on Toxic to get the job done. Confuse Ray is there for the obvious reason that it helps him stay alive for that much longer, and Will O' Wisp is there just in case you want something to cut down those mean ol' P Sweepers.

Pain split would be really nasty also. Just imagine someone taking the time to bring it down to the red, then getting slapped for a big chunk of damage and healing the tank back to full.

Perfect Chaos
4th June 2007, 12:56 PM
Usually if you're going to use Confuse Ray, its not a good idea to combo that with Will o' Wisp because you want to keep the opponent's Attack stat high so it'll do alot of damage to themselves. I say go with Toxic instead. Its too bad he can't learn Mean Look, or else he would've made one heck of a great tank.

I do like the idea of Pain Split on him, but his Speed is so slow that he might not even get a chance to actually use it. I guess you should playtest a bit Dark and see what works for you. But for sure, use Spiritomb as a tank/annoyer. He's not made for sweeping