PDA

View Full Version : [GAME] Axis Mundi [M.A.]

Weasel Overlord
4th June 2007, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the game! I will be your host for this exciting time, and I ask that you read the new rules carefully, as I have changed many things. They can be found here (http://www.freewebs.com/hikaridatenshi/axismundi.htm). As this is a Nordic version, don’t be confused at the new names for the special roles.

For all role determination, I have used a random number generator.

The rules for gameplay are as follows;

1. Do not excessively spam in the game topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material please. Any player that does so will receive dooms from me appropriate to the damage caused.
2. Dead people should keep their comments in this thread at a minimum.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game, if you do it correctly.
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game.This means any and all private messages, not just ones from the host. In general, it is best to not even mention the private messaging process or even hint at their contents or their use in the game. No such evidence should be considered valid in day vote, as it is easily fabricated.
5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
6. Do not edit your posts, the only exception being the host.
7. Any rules issues should be directed to me by private message, including the reporting of the violation of these general rules by other players.
8. No moderator should use their ability to see who is sending and receiving private messages to gain unfair advantage, or any of their other abilities, for that matter.

The penalty for disobeying the above rules is situational, and may range from dooms, to in-game death, and even to game suspension or banning if the situation is severe enough. I ask that you observe them carefully and inform me of any questions before it becomes an issue.

Cast List

Dark-San - Elder
Darktyranitar - Elder
Plantae - Thor
Zcade0 - Odin

Dead

Houndoom_Lover - Huginn and Muninn
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Sigurd
Roy Karrde - Fenrir
Hyperness is a Good Thing - Yggdrasil
Crazy Elf Boy - Balder
EngiMatikul - Vanir
Magmar - Sleipnir

Roles

Elder x2
Odin
Thor

The current date/time is: Human Victory!

Dark-San
4th June 2007, 11:42 AM
First post! And I have not even received my role yet! Neutral for me!

EngiMatikul
4th June 2007, 12:08 PM
HI EVERYONES SO DO WE JUST VOTE RANDOMLY NOW? :O
*suddenly becomes the target due to his ignorance and obnoxiousness*

D:!!!!

Weasel Overlord
4th June 2007, 12:11 PM
In the first Dawn, most people prefer to vote Neutral, but if you really want to, you can vote for some random person.

You can't vote Neutral twice in a row, or else you receive a doom vote. Urm, lemme think. I reckon that's all.

Roy Karrde
4th June 2007, 12:36 PM
Neutral for me too

Houndoom_Lover
4th June 2007, 04:12 PM
Woohoo! A shinning new day and another vote for Neutral ^_^

Hyperness is a Good Thing
4th June 2007, 09:37 PM
Neutral's the way to go on the first day >.>

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
4th June 2007, 10:28 PM
No no, not time to vote for Zcade yet... :p

Neutral

EngiMatikul
5th June 2007, 01:18 AM
neutral.

Crazy Elf Boy
5th June 2007, 03:33 AM
Neutral

Weasel Overlord
5th June 2007, 05:01 AM
First dawn ends, with an unsurprising lack of victims.

Dead

And this host is wishing she'd set times other than 18 hours per turn, as this next Dusk will end at 5am in the morning. I'll sort it as soon as I wake up, so apologies if Dusk seems to be uber long. ^_^

Magmar
5th June 2007, 04:36 PM
Damnit I missed the first dawn -_- oh well. I would've voted Neutral anyway.

Zcade0
5th June 2007, 06:53 PM
hmm... odins power seems a bit excessive there... EVERY dusk? wow. all the characters would be known rather quickly...

Weasel Overlord
6th June 2007, 05:25 AM
First Dusk ends rather late as our host stumbles from her bed. But alas, the night-time has been a double-strike, a disaster for both sides, as;

Dead

Houndoom_Lover - Huginn and Muninn
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Sigurd

Your humble host hopes that no-one minds if she changes each turn to 24 hours. This 18 hour majiggy just isn't feasible.

And so, Dawn 2 begins! What a grisly way to start your mornings.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
6th June 2007, 07:24 AM
I'm dead. Somebody hates me D: Curse ye scurvy shifters what voted me out!

Blademaster
6th June 2007, 12:41 PM
How ironic... The first game I was absent from is also the first game where someone had the audacity to touch my girlfriend...

Someone is going to pay for this...

Roy Karrde
6th June 2007, 12:58 PM
I am going to be at school for most of the day and I don't wanna doom myself for not voting so I guess I will go on and vote. Looking over the topic I am going to have to go with Zcade0 he was silent last round, not posting till afterwards. And Emo did seem to playfully vote for him, possibly a revenge killing?

Houndoom_Lover
6th June 2007, 04:46 PM
How the hell did I die? *walks aimlessly through Midgard* More importantly, why am I in Midgard...*spots the all you cam eat feast and starts to mow down*

Houndoom_Lover
6th June 2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah!!! *spraying chicken bits down from viking heaven* You best advenge me!!! Now that I'm gone you can't have crazy shifter sex...*guzzles mead*

Zcade0
6th June 2007, 05:07 PM
Hey! I was gone Monday! leave me alone ><

Roy Karrde then.

Roy Karrde
6th June 2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah Zcade but Yi did target you in the beginning. If anyone was going to kill her it would be you.

Zcade0
6th June 2007, 05:11 PM
no, she was neutral...

and, by that logic, seeing as she was a shifter, then wouldn't that mean that I am not one?

my vote stands.

Zcade0
6th June 2007, 05:18 PM
ah crapppp. nevermind! I was looking at the wrong person ><><

stupid no-edit.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
6th June 2007, 09:50 PM
Oh darlings you simply cannot know how much I WANTED to be a shifter. I sulked and raged and roistered but alas, the good Weasel stood firm by her randomizer and I simply was not allowed. xD
Just to clarify a point - I had no inkling of the role of Zcade at the time I voted.
And now I shall return to Hel, thank you very much for 'avenging' my death, Messr. Roy :)

Dark-San
6th June 2007, 10:12 PM
I wanted to be a shifter too. I got useless roles for quite sometime already >.<

Well eitherway, I would agree with Roy on this. Zacad0, I'm sorry.

Zcade0
6th June 2007, 10:17 PM
thank you for clarifying that, my friend.

Plantae
6th June 2007, 11:16 PM
I would much prefer to leave this vote to chance, so for the sake of a draw, Roy Karrde. That and, well, we always pick on Zcade0. Heh.

Oh, and Emotional Faun Chiko-sai: "Just to clarify a point - I had no inkling of the role of Zcade at the time I voted-" is more than a dead person is allowed to say, as it could potentially alter game-play by changing opinions from beyond the grave. It was probably unclear, so consider this a reminder that media has taught us that all the dead can really say is "boo."

Roy Karrde
6th June 2007, 11:26 PM
Problem is Plantae with that is that your vote may not be the last tonight so the next vote for me could kill me just becuase you wanted a draw. As for Emo, I dont think the irkling had anything to do with anyone's voting. It is more in the line that Emo was playing around saying she would vote for Zcade soon, and surprise surprise she ends up dead that night.

Roy Karrde
6th June 2007, 11:31 PM
Annnd I was proven right! Thanks Plantae >.>

EngiMatikul
6th June 2007, 11:34 PM
Roy Karrde.

No Offence, I just think Zcade0 is innocent. That's all.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
6th June 2007, 11:39 PM
Right tha is, old houseplant. 'Twas a mere hissy fit, spawned of being killed so dramatically quickly. *shuts trap*

Crazy Elf Boy
7th June 2007, 03:18 AM
Roy Karrde

Stop giving Zcade0 a hard time guys, he always gets killed first.

darktyranitar
7th June 2007, 03:34 AM
Hm... going with majority for Roy Karrde

7th June 2007, 04:36 AM
I don't think either Roy or Zcade should be killed, so I'm just throwing a random vote for Engi Matikul ...
we shouldn't keep on killing Zcade during the first round, tsk tsk Roy.

Weasel Overlord
7th June 2007, 06:47 AM
Aaaand Dawn ends an hour late, cos your esteemed host stayed up too late last night.

Dead

Roy Karrde - Fenrir

Well done you. Darkness draws in threateningly as Dusk 2 begins. Woooooo.

EDIT: Also, Engi, stop deleting posts! If you're not allowed to edit them, you aren't allowed to delete them either. *shakes fist menacingly*

Roy Karrde
7th June 2007, 07:42 AM
Well damn that plan didn't work out too well...

Dark-San
7th June 2007, 07:57 AM
Gah, you lied!

*Grabs Roy by the head and chews it off!*

-_-" Seriously, I need to learn on how to trust people. Apologises to Zacad0 for voting you. >.<

And my vote would be ...

Erm... it is dusk right?

EngiMatikul
7th June 2007, 11:06 AM
LOL I was caught D:

I am sorry it didn't say you weren't allowed to delete posts :P

Magmar
7th June 2007, 11:58 AM
I'm so sorry I haven't been around!! :( My new computer at home, brandy new, KEEPS FREEZING! I don't get it.

For lack of really paying much attention to what's been going on at all, I'm voting for Zcade0. Just.. by default. XD

Dark-San
7th June 2007, 12:05 PM
I'm so sorry I haven't been around!! :( My new computer at home, brandy new, KEEPS FREEZING! I don't get it.

For lack of really paying much attention to what's been going on at all, I'm voting for Zcade0. Just.. by default. XD

It is dusk now. XD

Houndoom_Lover
7th June 2007, 04:11 PM
Huginn and Muninn: HEhehe! *flying over the raindow of Norse Heaven* We got kicked out!

Huginn: I can't belive you got killed Fenrir!

Muninn: Yeah, we had HOPE in you! Kwa! Kwa!

Huginn: Guess it's time to peck your bodies eyes out! Kwaakaka! ^.^

Houndoom_Lover
7th June 2007, 04:12 PM
body's**

Zcade0
7th June 2007, 06:53 PM
take THAT. now all of you stop trying to kill me off all the time -_-

no worries, dark-san.

Weasel Overlord
7th June 2007, 11:36 PM
And Dawn comes early this morn, as your esteemed host is being kept awake by a strange mixture of boredom and insomnia. And it is on a veritable bloodbath that the sun shines today...

Dead

Crazy Elf Boy - Balder
Hyperness is a Good Thing - Yggdrasil
EngiMatikul - Vanir

Begin Dawn 3! XD

Dark-San
8th June 2007, 12:14 AM
*looks at list*

Damn, Roy is still alive. I figured out since Hyperness is a Good Thing is a Yggdrasil- type shifter. She would then possess the power to revive one of her kind. As Roy was earlier in the round and died once. It is hence safe to presume that Hyperness revived him. As such, I am voting Roy Karrde again for this round.

Dying twice is a privilege, my friend! Not many people get the chance to do it again.

Crazy Elf Boy
8th June 2007, 12:52 AM
Whoa, lets roll it back a bit. Who the hell kills the innocent Guardian Angel?

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
8th June 2007, 01:25 AM
Yggdrasil shifter gets one free kill when s/he dies :)

Hooray, Roy has been evicted from deadland, back to the ranks of the living. It's a veritable party here in Hel, isn't it! *passes dainty teacakes all around*

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
8th June 2007, 01:31 AM
oh shag. I've been talking too much for a dead person again, haven't I ><

8th June 2007, 03:06 AM
Teacakes!
Death is actually such a wonderful thing, you get to sit around and snicker at everyone else struggling to survive.
Pass the crumpets please, if you don't mind.

Houndoom_Lover
8th June 2007, 01:47 PM
Muninn:*passes the crumpets* Maybe, darling, but KWAW the dead do get lonely...^-^

Huginn: But we're never lonely! Kwa!Kwa! Kwa!

Both: Kwa!Kwa!kwa!

Dark-San
8th June 2007, 02:30 PM
OMG, the dead talks >.<

Sorry for the sarcasm but I thought that new votes had gathered in but it turns out to be the dead players ranting. 0.0 Try and keep it to the minimum, dudes.

Weasel Overlord
8th June 2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah. What he said... ¬_¬ No, seriously though. Dead people: STOP TALKING! *threatens with yaoi-stick*

Houndoom_Lover
8th June 2007, 05:13 PM
If I keep talking, can I get hit with it?! *looks egerly at the yaoi-stick* I'll shut up (last-ish post, I couldn't resist)

darktyranitar
8th June 2007, 10:54 PM
Dying twice? Vote for Roy Karrde then.

Weasel Overlord
9th June 2007, 05:30 AM
Well, that was a boring Dawn, wasn't it?

Dead

Roy Karrde - Fenrir (AGAIN)

Let Dusk 3 begin!

Zcade0
9th June 2007, 12:50 PM
ackk! missed the vote again ><

Dark-San
9th June 2007, 01:02 PM
Hopefully lets end it by the next dawn, I have an idea on who the shifter is by now. ^.^ Rest in pieces, shifter-san by the next dawn that is.

Magmar
9th June 2007, 03:11 PM
T______T;
I'm so sorry, I've had very sporadic Internet access x_x

And I always manage to get it back during DUSK

Weasel Overlord
10th June 2007, 06:24 AM
And after a horribly boring Dawn, we have an equally boring Dusk.

Dead

Let Dawn 4 begin!

And let me reiterate, no-one is allowed to delete posts. It's like editing! Stop it!

Dark-San
10th June 2007, 06:33 AM
Yes, I figured it out. All thanks to a few tips of from the remaining humans. It all started with Roy trying to vote out Zacad0. And when he failed, he was exposed as being a shifter. And as to that, those who did not voted for Roy turn out one by one to be a shifter. And that list includes in Hyperness. If my conclusion is right, Zacad0 is indeed a human at least.

I had regular contact with darktyranitar. And because of it, he is a human as well when I had listened to his explaination.

And that leaves out both Plantae and Magmar. Plantae is known to be a bit sneaky but the problem is that he was one of those who voted out Roy while Magmar on the other kept voting Zacad0. And by weighing all the odds, I had come to a conclusion that my final vote goes to Magmar.

Magmar
10th June 2007, 09:33 AM
Well, of course I voted for Zcade0, since I've had no internet since my computer keeps freezing and barely have the opportunity to even read the thread -_- and all I could see in my brief visits were his rather mundane posts.

The last wolf/shifter/whatever is most likely Plantae, so my vote goes to Plantae and let's hope we're right.

But if there's indeed only one shifter left (is that checklist on the front page correct?) then this should be the end of the round! Yay!

Plantae
10th June 2007, 12:01 PM
Any perceived "sneakiness" on my part this game is a miscommunication. I have been on a cruise, and have been mostly unable to access the internet.

I am relatively certain that given their votes, Zcade0 (who is harmless anyway) and darktyranitar are both humans. Darktyranitar voted to kill Roy Karrde twice.

If you want proof that I am a human, you need look no further than the fact that I voted for Roy Karrde when I had internet access the first time around. The real evidence lies in the fact that I voted for him before he had the majority of the vote; a shifter would not do so. I admit that my "just to tie it up, leave it to chance" vote was specifically targetted.

Given the above information, my suspicions fall on two people. Magmar, who has had sporadic internet access and whose votes are equally unimportant, and Dark-San, who seems to have a record of voting out those that would be later revealed as shifters.

This is not a retaliation. My vote goes to Magmar. My lovely horse... running around, with Odin on your back, and your six fetlocks blowing in the wind...

Zcade0
10th June 2007, 03:42 PM
Magmar I don't need a reason.

eh, Sleipnir?

Weasel Overlord
11th June 2007, 04:27 AM
Well done you.

Dead

Magmar - Sleipnir

Human Victory!

Now, I'm going to host the next round, and it'll be this version again cos I've ironed out some of the rules. It'll start next Wednesday (the 20th), the day after my last exam. XD IN the meantime, try and recruit as many people as possible. Bigger games are much more fun. ^_^

Dark-San
11th June 2007, 06:10 AM
Yay, we won! *Dances* All thanks to our Odin- san. ^.^

Actually let me clarify and few issues, darktyranitar was a human not because I spoke to him but rather both my role was an elder and he was also one hence we do know of each other's identity in the first place. I somehow conclude that Zacad0 was not a shifter due to Roy's persistent intent on killing but lucky that failed.

It all comes down to Plantae and Magmar. I sent Magmar a pm initially when I had a hunch that Plantae was a shifter. But later when I spoken with some of the dead and the remaining survivors, Magmar might end up to be one. Then it all comes down to the usage of Odin's power.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
11th June 2007, 09:59 AM
Eh? Does that mean Zcade was Odin? I mean, I think el Jobo was Thor...

Weasel Overlord
11th June 2007, 10:36 AM
*points at the cast list* Yup.

Zcade0
11th June 2007, 12:06 PM
-bows grandly-

happy to have helped

the All-Father is the best

Plantae
11th June 2007, 02:14 PM
I was indeed Thor, but I was rather confused this game overall. Clearly I am a bit out of practice. I did try to purify Magmar, hence my suspicion that he was probably Sleipnir. That little "my lovely horse" bit is from a song, by the way, with some of the words changed.

Dark-San
11th June 2007, 10:24 PM
Actually Magmar's fate was decided by the reaper man thats all. >.<

Actually if Magmar had not voted for Zacad0, he would not had been easily found out which still lead me, Zacad0 and darktyranitar to still suspect Plantae.

Incidentally after the next Axis Mundi which starts on the 20th June, I could host a round or two on Infestation, this time perhaps getting Heald, the game orginater, back into the game. This would give both Kirst and Plantae to play further before we move back to Witch Trials.

Weasel Overlord
12th June 2007, 05:10 AM
I don't liiiike Infestation ;_;

Crazy Elf Boy
12th June 2007, 06:20 AM
I don't liiiike Infestation ;_;

Why it's aliens COME ON ALIENS

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
12th June 2007, 09:16 AM
Having never played Infestation, I can't say I don't like it :< but ew, aliens!

Dark-San
12th June 2007, 10:08 AM
Infestation has some of its foundation taken from the werewolf games. But this time, the balance of advantage has shifted much from the 'bad' guys to the 'good' guys for the initial part of the game compared to Axis Mundi and Werewolf games.

The advantage would be the fact that the number of humans totally outnumbered the aliens since the aliens only have two in the begining. If the humans does the right killings during the early part of the game fast enough, they would easily achieve victory but if they do much mistaken killings, the level of difficulty would increased.

It is fun of course. The humans get to engage in more detailed conversation and cautious thinking on how to take out the aliens while the aliens would have problems on thinking who to recruit as their next ally.

I would recommend that all of us give this one a try for at least a round.

Zcade0
12th June 2007, 03:27 PM
Awesome, I finally get called Reaper Man. I wish I could change my name on this forum ><. Anyway, I think I STARTED Infestation, but got doomed out because that's when I started forgetting about this site...

Houndoom_Lover
12th June 2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah, freakin' Odin blew my cover! I can't blieleved I died 100%...My poor tec. wasn't even useful ^_^ I may be going to Wisconsison so I can't participate in this-a-one ^_^

Zcade0
12th June 2007, 05:53 PM
heh. that wasn't my fault. you died without any of my 'help.'

Dark-San
12th June 2007, 09:51 PM
Anyway, I think I STARTED Infestation, but got doomed out because that's when I started forgetting about this site...

As far as my memories serves, Heald was the first that came out with that game using some ideas borrowed from the werewolves game. I know it because I am one of those that kept in regular contact with him during that period. Zacad0, you did came up with a game once but it was rather confusing since you didn't defined much of the roles in detail and the set up was not nicely done, ending up in none of us joining.

But that is all in the past, reaperboy. Whatever it is, all we have to do now is to wait for Kirst's exam to be up before we can start off this one again. And I want my more participative role >.<

mr_pikachu
12th June 2007, 09:52 PM
My new computer arrived earlier today, so I can now participate. Is there still a spot left for the Pika?

Zcade0
13th June 2007, 09:34 AM
yeah. I tried to make one, but, as most things I tried to write/make back then, it sucked.

Plantae
13th June 2007, 11:45 AM
There is a spot for you Messr. Pikachu, of course, but you best direct your interest to Weasel Overlord via private message. She is hosting the next game.

Weasel Overlord
13th June 2007, 12:30 PM
Course there's a spot for you Brian! :D The more the merrier; literally. Big games are funfunfun! I'll try and recruit some old veterans, I've seen Ace64/65 floating around. If you lot could poke around, try and get some more people to join I'd be muchly obligied. ^_^

Weasel Overlord
19th June 2007, 06:32 PM
I know it's a double-post, but it's the best way to get attention. For all potential players, the next round will most likely start tomorrow. So far, I'm presuming that all old players are in this round?

Houndoom_Lover
Plantae
Roy Karrde
Vulpix.ck
Magmar
Mr Pikachu
Zcade0
Dark-San
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
Crazy Elf Boy
darktyranitar