PDA

View Full Version : The Pern Thread

Weasel Overlord
5th June 2007, 05:39 PM
Ahahaa, Thread! See what I did there!? No? Well... ¬_¬

Here is the place where all discussion will take place! Since these are all the trend lately anyway, and since I may (emphasis on the MAY there) have pictures to post around if I can find a scanner in these godforsaken WiFiless uni grounds.

ANYWAY. Lob any objections, book-nit-pickage, complaints and/or questions here, and I shall either answer, run away, or kill you. ^_^

So yes. FIRE AWAY me hearties! Yo ho ho, &c. &c. (can you tell I saw Pirates 3 today!? Yes. Yes you can.) WHY IS THE RUM ALWAYS GONE!? *cough*

Pichu Luver
5th June 2007, 06:04 PM
Wahey I got it Weez! *waves hand* Wait . . . er, does that make me pathetic? Oo''' Lol I's got no complaints but I have a useful linkie. Yes, yes I know you are not supposed to link to other sites but this here is useful! At this (http://www.pern.nl/archives/sayings.htm) place are a bunch of Pernese sayings and stuff you can use. ^^''' I used it for 'deadglow' heh.

Weasel Overlord
5th June 2007, 06:32 PM
Oo, useful! Well done that River. Yes, FILL YOUR POSTS WITH PERN PHRASES! Or something...

EngiMatikul
5th June 2007, 06:35 PM
Me and PJBW are invading yer shores. Expect big explosions and many WTFs.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
5th June 2007, 09:50 PM
Ok, I'm going to put a description of the Weyrling Barracks (where all us newly initiated dragonriders and dragons sleep except the Queen and future Weyrwoman, hurhurhur) directly yanked from PM sent to me by Ms. Overlord in case anyone else is going to want to talk about our sleeping area:

after feeding, the dragonets are exhausted, so the Weyrlingmaster takes them to the Weyrling Barracks, but there's no description, so I can only presume that it's one big place with loads of stone couches for the dragons. The queen, I suppose, will get one separately.

PS. to Wurzel: *waves Barbossary bushel of apples* WE CAN SHARE. :D Not a word to Queen Sparkcarkle! Although it IS true that the Barbossa love was spawned only at the cost of precious Sparrow screentime..

Weasel Overlord
6th June 2007, 05:49 AM
Sharing is the way to go, oh yes indeed. And soon... SOON I SHALL HAVE AVATARS! Moo ha ha ha ha... ¬_¬ And although the Sparrowness was less than usual, it makes up for it with the humour.

"NO-ONE MOVE!!"
"I dropped my brain..."

ANYWAY. Yes. Everyone see my crappy descriptions. If you're having difficulties, feel free to pm me or prod me or disembowel me. Only I don't generally take kindly to disembowelment, really, so preferably no disembowelling.

Infreno_Dragon, if you're having difficulties with your sign-up still, just pm me dude, and I'll help you.

Kuro Espeon
6th June 2007, 12:24 PM
If this a Thread, shouldn't we burn it? XDDD
*grabs the firestone*

Ah, yes, Pirates. I must say, it was a vast improvement over the second movie, but the first movie is still my favorite by far. But the "Sparrowness" is always awesome. My favorite line: "My peanut." LOL

Weasel Overlord
6th June 2007, 12:52 PM
Oo noo, no burning! I will turn the yaoi-fied modstick on youuuuu!! *waves it around*

Whoosh! Explosions! Next post will be me thinking of a use for my special NPC, and dealing with explosions and kerfuffle, and probably making use of Weyrwoman + Weyrleader as well. Woop for NPCs! ^_____^

Zcade0
6th June 2007, 02:29 PM
just a warning, my posts are probably going to be short and lacking much plot-advancement, so you people'll have to worry about that stuff. gotta wait for any battles before I'm any good

Weasel Overlord
6th June 2007, 03:31 PM
If you find it hard to write RPG posts, Zcade, just read everyone else's carefully and try to do what they do. After all, it's hard to improve yourself without a bit of effort. Interacting with others is an easy way to fill up a post, as long as you can manage to stay close to their character.

Zcade0
6th June 2007, 05:01 PM
It's not so much hard, as I'm not good at writing long posts. I'm a decent RPer (or so I've been told on other sites), but I can never figure out how to make my characters do enough stuff to make a long post, and I'm never good with detail because I can't visualize things very well. sorry

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
7th June 2007, 12:56 AM
Ah, Zcade, you have yet to learn the wonderful art of BSing posting.

Also, if you're stuck on interactions, RP it out through IMs if you're worried about messing other people's characters up.

And yay, peanut! High point of the second film, for me, was probably the cavorting about in giant hamster wheels/hamster balls. I want to watch the first film again... I need to reevaluate Barbossa after his jaunt in Pirates 3.

Weasel Overlord
7th June 2007, 06:53 AM
Ahahah! Me too! My mum is sending my first Pirates dvd in the post. XD

Well, don't worry about it Z. *lazy*

And good news everybody! Yesterday I bought myself a new writing journal, and did about five pages of plotty stuff for Pern! Amazing, nuh? No more shall I wander plotless through my own RPG! ^______^

Kuro Espeon
7th June 2007, 01:13 PM
Just figured I'd mention something that will definetely interest those that are already into Pern.
I have a copy of the "Masterharper of Pern" CD, which is an album that was released some years ago with musical renditions of some of Anne McCaffrey's famous lyrics (Including the "Question Song" and "Lessa's Ride"). If anyone is interested, I can upload the songs to share.

Apparently, there's supposed to be another CD coming out soon with Menolly's songs, but I need to verify that.

Weasel Overlord
7th June 2007, 01:27 PM
Wooow, that's really cool! What are they like? Any good? I am intrigued, I never knew there was an actual album, heh.

Kuro Espeon
7th June 2007, 06:03 PM
It's amazing!
http://members.aol.com/opland2/perncd.htm

This page has sound samples: http://francois.labarbarie.free.fr/pern/pern10b11.html

If you like them I can try to upload the songs from my CD.

Weasel Overlord
7th June 2007, 07:55 PM
Curses! The stupid uni server won't let RealPlayer connect to update itself. *kicks* I cannae listen to them ;_; *attempts to update manually* Progress will be reported...

EDIT: GAH! It doesn't work. *pouts* Sometimes I hate being at uni...

Kuro Espeon
7th June 2007, 08:35 PM
Mine wouldn't let me do it either, *pouts*. I thought others might have better luck.

No worries, though. I'll just fetch my CD from my car tomorrow (if I remember...) and upload some to share! ^_^

Zcade0
8th June 2007, 09:34 AM
ack. can I edit my first post a bit so I can drag I'sc and Joseth to the feeding grounds?

Weasel Overlord
8th June 2007, 09:41 AM
Zcade, you don't have to ask me to edit your post, you silly goose. Go right ahead.

My next post will most likely be up by tonight, (Britannia time) since I've only just got up.

darktyranitar
9th June 2007, 03:30 AM
There's a spot for Blue, so I can do an LSU, right?

I was planning to work on a sign up... but my brain is quite fried atm.

Weasel Overlord
9th June 2007, 05:34 AM
Sure ya can Faiz. ^_^ The more the merrier, ay.

Apologies to all, for my post is late. I had an unexpected visit from a friend, so instead of writing I went out and got drunk... *looks sheepish* It should be up tonight, tomorrow afternoon at the latest, I reckon.

Kuro Espeon
9th June 2007, 08:07 AM
I had an unexpected visit from a friend, so instead of writing I went out and got drunk... *looks sheepish

Happens to the best of us. XD

Crazy Elf Boy
9th June 2007, 09:16 PM
Can we please have like minstrels/harpers we can summon to the quarters like Cd players?

Weasel Overlord
10th June 2007, 06:26 AM
Harpers aren't cd players... If you want entertainment, go to the Lower Cavern, you can get food there and there'll probably be the Harper bumming around somewhere.

Plantae
10th June 2007, 02:16 PM
I probably ought to mention something related to my post. You will have all noticed, I imagine, that Lehana has not bonded with his dragon and thus his posts will be running away from the main storyline. I will be posting for Lahlileth, his dragon, alone, who will currently be ridden by an NPC. Future developments will occur, and so on, but if anyone wants to discuss anything else related to this, feel free.

Weasel Overlord
10th June 2007, 02:48 PM
Post up, as promised! It looks like a brown humbug... AND NOW. NOW I CAN EAT! *runs off to get food*

EDIT: OH MY GOD! I just noticed something... Wolfy, is your character based on Inigo Skimmer from Pterry's Fifth Elephant? If not... that's a very strange name coincidence there... and I suspect the influence of Wennford, lol.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
11th June 2007, 10:10 AM
Yes... my influence... mwoahahahahaha. The Mr Skimmer euphemism was added as an afterthought, really. Sounded less condemning than 'dirty scurvy bandit', anyway :p

I think Inigo Skimmer was MUCH more intelligent than Inigo Enrique Falzon *ignores protests from PJBW* ...also, Skimmer was balding and subtle and sneaky. :D

Kuro Espeon
11th June 2007, 08:01 PM
*does Dr. Weird voice* Gentlemen... Behold!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XP4Q6YZB

Click the link above for the entire Masterharper of Pern album. It's in a zip folder though, so every track is in there! Have fun, and enjoy!
Leave feedback on what you thought of it.
By the way, my favorite tracks are "The Duty Song", "Fighting Thread", "Lessa's Ride", "Robinton's Whistle Tune II", and "Robinton's Dream". ^_^

For those of you unfamiliar with Pern, this CD is the musical adaptation of the songs written by Anne McCaffrey for the Pern series. Tania Opland and Mike Freeman took McCaffrey's lyrics and created music for it, which I happen to think sounds awesome. A couple of the songs won't make much sense unless you've read the books because they deal with specific plot points, such as "The Question Song" and "Lessa's Ride", but they're still cool. Not to mention they take place chronologically after this particular RPG. Still enjoyable though.

EDIT: Almost forgot, for lyrics click here ---> http://members.aol.com/opland2/pernlyr.htm

Dark-San
11th June 2007, 10:27 PM
Don't mind me asking but what are we suppose to do after the feeding grounds? I had been wanting to continue on posting but just do not know on what should the new dragonriders do next!

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
12th June 2007, 09:15 AM
T____T Megaupload doesn't like me... pft. Will try again later.

Bulbasaur4
15th June 2007, 09:16 AM
I will attempt to read the posts... but I just got back from vacation!!

I was just wondering, in advance, has anyone made any mention of C'nar or interacted? If not... *slumps shoulders* ... erm... that's fine I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it. ^_^;

Weasel Overlord
15th June 2007, 09:37 AM
Guh, just a further warning here. There won't be another post from me until Wednesday, cos tomorrow is MUSE DAY and then I have my English Language exam on Tuesday. Joy.

For anyone wanting to post, for the moment, just do your impressions of Inigo's attempted kidnapping (that means YOU, Wolfy) and when I get back I'll sort out the Weyrleader's doings.

Dark-San - After the feeding grounds, you should go straight to the Weyrling Barracks cos the dragons will be extremely tired.

Everyone else - Sorry I didn't interact with anyone but Inigo and Sig, I just wanted to get M'lin's introduction and the bandit-debacle sorted out before I carried on.
For the next posts, anyone can talk to Rinna; she's in the Barracks now, M'lin's gone to fetch authority, so just, I dunno ... discuss in my absence. ^_^

Hyperness is a Good Thing
20th June 2007, 11:20 AM
I just posted in a (hopefully not misguided) hope that others would be spurred to post too because...
;.; I like my character in this rpg and there's potential for it to be lots of fun and I want plot progression or something *pokes Wurz*

*bored* Holidays are nice but irrevocably get boring if one stays holed up at home in front of the computer all the time.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
20th June 2007, 11:49 AM
Oh no staring at the computer is much better than being forced to help with reflooring, I promise you.
I would post but I'm being disturbed by *someone* (Xhiiin has he tried to contact you?! You know, your ex ex long lost son picked up in a dustbin, etc etc) and it's so bloody hot and I'm having a headache and (procrastination ad nauseam).

Weasel Overlord
20th June 2007, 01:05 PM
Of course there will be dahling! ^_^ I've just been doing exams and bollocks and so on and so forth. There'll most likely be a post tomorrow, as I am spending tonight getting drunk with pizza and films and junk food as an end-of-exam celebration. :D

darktyranitar
22nd June 2007, 12:07 PM
Ah. Staring at computer. Been there, done that.

I find that I am a lot more productive when I have limited time to the computer rather than when I have days to spend in front of the PC (like after National Service; haven't wrote any fic in that time).

Xhin will be going to Australia, and Yi Wen is going to England... while I'll still be sticking my feet here on Malaysia...

...alright, I'll try to get the sign up real soon.