PDA

View Full Version : ~A Journey into the Ethereal [from my demented mind] [Sign-ups]

Shadow Djinn
9th June 2007, 05:03 PM
~A Journey into the Ethereal~

What would you do

If someone told you

That dreams exist

That there’s a world that links every single mind in the universe

Creating one united empire

And that

There are people there too

And they control everything you dream of

Every figment of thought or inspiration

Every aspiration or ambition

And these thoughts

They form new things in this world

You

And everyone else

Are the grand architects of this ethereal realm

Then

What would you say

If someone told you

That you’re special – different from everyone else

And you have to help save this world?

Would you laugh

Or would you cry

Or maybe

You’d take that first step

And journey into the land of Dreams

-

June 17th, 2007

“The epidemic continues as hundreds of children are reported missing, with no signs of nefarious means. The range of children has been said to range from twelve to sixteen, with the main areas that have been victim to this mysterious epidemic being…”

You glance at the pinstripe suited news reporter for the last time of the night before you shut the TV off with a precise click, contemplating the information you’ve just received. It’s nothing new to you. Since June 10th – the start of summer vacation, these mysterious abductions have been occurring throughout the world. As most teenagers are, you’re hardly concerned unless it becomes a direct threat to you.

You glance at the clock and stifle a yawn, shuffling towards your bed as you review the problems you constantly face. Soon you are sprawled about your bed sheets, the blankets slightly covering you, with the windows wide open to alleviate the summer heat.

As a cold wind drifts into your room, you realize that while you are dreaming, you are alarmingly conscious. You attempt to move – but it seems as if you are unable to, detached from your corporeal form.

Slightly unnerved, you hear a cold voice, and you turn.

I can fix all your problems, a shadowy figure whispers enticingly. The treasures you can reap with me at your aid. The problems that encompass this forsaken world…I can destroy them all. I can recreate this ruined Earth, make it anew…

With you…

You see a clawed hand extend, wrapped in black bandages, a gilded sleeve slightly visible through the dark fog that has now erupted about your ethereal person. You are terrified, wondering who this man is, and more importantly, what the hell is going on. But at the same time you are drawn to this tall, imposing figure. His voice – as if he could get rid of everything that you hated, as if he could make your world perfect.

And you went to extend your hand, to grasp his clawed limb, to take it firmly, to pledge every figment of your body to this dark engima, even though you’ve just met him.

But then there is light.

The darkly shrouded man is hissing now as the rolling fog begins to recede – a silvery figure driving this clawed visitor away, and with it, those feelings of warmth, melded with those unwanted emotions of fear and terror.

This silvery figure is smiling at you. He is talking too, and you feel safe, safer than you’ve ever felt. There is no hesitance when you are talking to this man, no trace of overpowering authority, no negative emotion you could ever think of. You can’t help but smile yourself (or at least you think you are), but then the black fog comes tumbling back. Your mind seems divided as the silhouette of the dark engima reappears, whispering sweet promises, as the gleaming apostle is attempting to drown them out with his own confident tone.

You don’t know what they’re saying, but they both extend their hands.

But then you remember that comfort.

That serenity you felt.

You smile again as you take the apostle’s hand.

Suddenly everything around you begins to disappear. The apostle is still smiling, attempting to comfort you as a look of alarm crosses your face. It’s as if a tornado is tearing your house apart, and you’re being sucked straight into the center. Only there’s nothing with you. All you can see is a shining light, with this man, this silvery robed man grasping your hand, firmly leading you into a gleaming window, obscured by this swirling vortex. Then suddenly all of it is over. You realize you’ve closed your eyes during this ordeal, and as you reopen them, you are astounded.

Around you is everything. Every object you could ever fathom, a gleaming metropolis that stretches over miles and miles of land, so goddamn pretty that you feel like you want to cry. You can see the silvery man clearly now – two great wings stretching from his spine, accompanying his gilded robes, with a ring of crystal encircling long blonde hair. He’s still holding your hand, which has gotten slightly clammy from this whole experience. But he doesn’t seem to notice as his smile widens, and he says…

“Welcome to the Land of Dreams.”

-

Rahh, I swear this is the most complicated idea I’ve ever created (which isn’t saying much), so if you’re confused, that’s fine, I would be too. If you understand this perfectly, then you must be a genius. <.<

I’m going to outline the basic plotline that I’ve created here – there’s a much deeper one that’s going to be highlighted in the beginning of the RPG, mainly by my posts. There is a heavy essence of fantasy and such in this, and a lot of it is, essentially, going to have a set destination and what not. However, reaching said points can be done differently by each poster; this should allow lots of development.

Onto the plot.

Basically these vanishings have been these two men – the holy one and the creepy guy taking them into the Land of Dreams. The characters being RPed are obviously the ones taken in by the holy one – the reason for that is again, going to be revealed later on. (The reason I’m keeping most of this stuff to myself is because the last time I dumped everything in the signups, it didn’t work out so well. If you’d prefer to know it –now-, you can PM me.)

A lot of characteristics our characters will share is that they’re plagued with problems. It might be drama that never got resolved at the end of the school year, family problems, whatever. It’s just an issue that eats at them. Another one is to be imaginative (all though if you want to be all original, a very stiff character is fine too >.>). Each character is obviously going to take this meeting and their arrival in a different way. That’s pretty much what you’ll need to know for signups.

Onto Dream itself.

Pretty much everything you dream about ends up in this world, so it’s obviously huge. You might end up encountering things you remember dreaming about or imagining (something I’m going to definitely incorporate.)
An important factor is going to be something called a Dominion.

A Dominion is essentially a special weapon used in the Land of Dreams, though incredibly rare to forge. The basis of this weapon is crafted from the character’s soul (cheeseeyy…), so it often relates to the character strongly. The Dominion’s structure, is again, based on the soul (this I will refer to as the mental state in essence). If someone were to be incredibly sad or what not, this would reflect upon the Dominion. Therefore the mental state of the wielder is incredibly essential in using a Dominion. Denizens of the Land of Dream are often hard-pressed in creating a Dominion, and thus outsiders are the common breed of wielders of Dominions (from now, referred to as Authorities). Naturally Authorities are a rare breed (though there is now going to be an influx of them, among these Authorities being our characters), making them very powerful figures in the society of Dream. It is not uncommon for a Dominion to have a mind of its own with the capabilities of mentally communicating with its Authority. Their personalities are incredibly varied, and there are many cases in which the Dominion and Authority are noticeably different. The Dominion has two forms, Containment and Liberation; they are unbreakable in both forms.
Containment: The holding form of the Dominion, which is basically when you’re not in battle. It’s usually a common item you’d walk around with, say a hair band or a bracelet or something.
Liberation: In this form the Dominion becomes a weapon of some sort…It can be something wacky for all I care.. Often has a special power linked to the Dominion, and also possibly reflecting the character in terms of shape or classification of weapon.
Before I confuse you even more...

-

Name:

Appearance: Should be contemporary.

Country of Origin: Where you were originally from..State and Country.

Background:

Dominion: Should have both Containment and Liberation forms stated, along with a special ability that the Liberation form utilizes. You may opt to give the Dominion a personality, but it is not required. See above for explanation on Dominions.

Relations: If you've originated from the same place as another, you might have known each other, etc etc...
Additional Information:

-
Name: Elias Asurion Marion (later to become Sirius Asurion Revyfer)
Personality: One of the key features Elias possesses is, pretty much, acceptance. His perception of the world is incredibly warped, and because of this, astounding things to one person may be trivial to Elias. Things such as his interpretation of the world are beliefs he hardly expresses, and on the outer shell he is incredibly extroverted to the extent that he is possibly annoying at times. Along with this is the fact that he is constantly making jokes – some that result in friendly banter among his friends, though always done with a smile on his face. His friendliness makes him an easy person to talk to, even if you’ve just met him. He often uses odd topics to start a conversation, or some form of physical abuse (such as poking someone in the sides). When alone he is much more reserved, often journeying into the deeper and more meaningful topics of life. As easygoing as he is, the one thing Elias holds dear is his independence. He despises making himself appear inferior to someone else, or being told to do something a specific way. Because of this he is willing to sacrifice anything to remain as such; believing relying on someone or going to someone for help or consolation is simply a sign of weakness. Elias is, as you may have surmised, relatively arrogant in a jolly way. He is often torn between decisions; while he is incredibly self-serving, he is often making sacrifices for another. While he attended school, he was affixed with the belief that he was a genius of sorts, holding back in his schoolwork and thus achieving merely satisfactory grades. While his intellect is admittedly high, it is nowhere near the ‘genius’ level in which he believes he is associated with.
Appearance: Elias’ appearance gives him a very rugged impression. Standing at 5'10, Elias' skin is fairly tanned from years of recreation. Slight muscle has amounted from this, and due to his bony figure, is shown often. His ‘treasure’, if you will, is a black jacket emblazoned with a crimson logo (in the shape of a six sided star, though unlike the Star of David) on the back. The sleeves of said jacket are often rolled up, and his hood is usually rumpled in an undignified manner. His hair is cut short, jet black in color, with a slightly upward arc in terms of shape. His eyes are bright and friendly, matching his hair in terms of color. A defined jaw line is evident in his features. Under his treasured jacket is a plain green t-shirt with the same starry logo, though black this time. Elias’ frame is rather gaunt, and his bone can often be confused for muscle. Grey blue basketball shorts sag slightly below his knee, and he bears a dark blue rubber wristband on his left arm. Elias also wears a pair of white-red basketball shoes accompanied with a pair of ankle socks.
Country of Origin: California (specifically Los Angeles County), USA
History: As what people refer to as an ‘Air Force Brat’, Elias’ father was a military officer, as was his mom. Due to this they were frequently moving about, though this didn’t stop Elias from constantly making new friends. Along with him was his older brother, Argus, who eventually tired of constantly moving around and settled in Odessa, Texas at the age of eighteen. Elias, who was eleven at the time, decided to put up with it for a few more years. Two years later, Argus landed a job in California, and Elias promptly joined him. Their parents showed essentially half-hearted concern for their offspring’s safety, considering their careers and their ‘pride for their country’ a great importance. Because of this Elias was often left alone without much company, and he became accustomed to using this time to relax, not really considering company vital in passing time. He did fairly well in school, but often used the class time instead to mess around to gain the attention of others. Under the care of Argus, Elias learned techniques in Basketball and Soccer, which remain as his recreational activities. Though he tends to hide it, he is in fact deeply affected by the notion that his parents hardly give a damn about him.
Dominion: The Dominion Lunarius: The Chains that Reave the Earth
Containment: The rubber band on Elias’ wrist.
Liberation: A three and a half foot long katana of a coal black color. Red bands decorate a charcoal hilt, with the cross guard in the shape of a six-pointed star, akin to the symbol on his clothes. The blade is granted with the ability to transfigure its shape into medieval-style chains, which, by mystical means, can double the blade’s length. The blade can be very precise in its transfigurations, IE: changing only the upper half into chains, while retaining the lower segment. The hilt and crossguard are not exempt from Lunarius’ power, and the end of the chain has a larger, ring-shaped handle for Elias to grasp. The wielder of the chain can make precise movements by mental direction, though this requires immense concentration. Lunarius, like his Authority, is arrogant and conceited. However, unlike Elias, he recognizes the need to rely on others at times, and the benefits that can come from having companions you can count on (even though he’s just a magic sword). He acts as a sort of mentor to Elias, differing greatly from him in that regard. As one who knows his own limits, Lunarius will not hesitate to advise Elias in combat or devise a strategy that can improve their odds.
Relations: Open
Additional Info: Has trouble focusing at times.

And that’s it. Again, PM if you have any Q’s and what not, and I’ll try to answer them.

Zcade0
11th June 2007, 05:10 PM
Name: Joseph Doragon

Personality: Indifferent, mostly. He even only barely took the holy man's hand. If this would be a classic table-top RPG, he'd probably be True Neutral. He's odd. He'd take a bullet for you one minute then kill you the next. This makes him a very, very dangerous enemy and an excellent double agent. An interesting point, though. If you give him a cause that he believes in, he'll see it through till the end, making him a very good ally as well, though most of the time he's sarcastic and cynical. His motto is, interstingly enough, "The world will burn."

Appearance: Around six foot, average build, muscles slightly standing out. Black hair with deep blue eyes. Slightly tanned skin, though not a greatly. A big tattoo of the Grim Reaper on his back (see my avatar). A usual piercing glare is apparent, so I won't write that he's glaring at people much. Just always assume that he is x)

Country of Origin: Washington State, USA

Background: A bit of a depressing childhood so far. Very few friends, and those few he DID have weren't very good ones. His family always looked down on him and made him not be able to do the things he wanted (even though he doesn't look it, Joseph is a super-nerd. Table-top RPGs, computers, striaght A's, the works. His dad was a bit of a technophobe, and thought he should work 24/7). They even went as far as to force him to break up with his girlfriend, who was the one one who'd ever accpeted him for who he was. Before that happened, he was quite a nice person, happy and smiling all the time. After that, he came out as the cynical, dark Joseph of today.

Dominion: The Dominion Zerstörung: Death of the World.
Containment: A small, plain gold ring on his left hand.
Liberation: A scythe, of course. Not just any scythe, but Death's own blade. Well, a spiritual copy, at least. A blade so sharp it can cut fire in two. A blade so sharp it can cut the words coming out of your mouth. A blade so sharp as to cut through the living directly to their own mortal souls and harvest them like wheat. But Joseph's blade is a bit different still. The blade is jagged toward the handle of it, and has a smaller scythe at the end (yet still pretty big, and just as sharp). The scythe can inflict burns and spew flame if Joseph wishes, and the voice of Death himself can speak through it (thus the personality part. Death is the Discworld Death in this one, so that'll be how he speaks). The scythe can also cut through shadows and draw them into the smaller blade which then has basically the same effect as the bigger one with fire (albeit needing recharging)

Relations: NOPE!

Additional Information: If anyone DOES want to have known me previously, just yell.

--

Four notes.

1) 0_o. the personality. that describes me TO THE LETTER. o_0. Do I know you?

2) If Zerstörung is too strong, just tell me and I can change it.

3) Whoever figures out where I got Zerstörung gets a lot of money x)

4) this... looks... AWESOME!