PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys

Dragonstar1715
11th June 2007, 05:59 AM
Hi I'm a new user on this forum besides pokemon I also enjoy games like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Digimon I am a frequent on gametalk.com and even have my own fanfic titled "Absolution's Reign"

I enjoy all the recent music and bands like Evanescence, Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance

And also does ayone know who I can talk to about writing fanfics because Absolution's Reign is only my first story so Im not familiar to wirting them and need a few pointers

Crazy Elf Boy
11th June 2007, 06:16 AM
Hello and welcome to the TPM forums. Please stay for long and be active ^_^. As for the Fanfic you should talk to the Fanfic moderators Dark Tyranitar, mr_pikachu, Gavin Luper and mistysakura.

Dragonstar1715
11th June 2007, 06:22 AM
Right then

Drago
11th June 2007, 06:56 AM
G'day there my Aussie brethren, how's it all going? Welcome to this crazy little thing we call TPM, all the best for your fan-ficcing; it's good to see you're getting stuck in the moment you arrive!
You should indeed consult our venerable team of fanfic moderators for advice, or alternatively me if you like, simply because nobody ever contacts poor old me. I've been nominated for all sorts of stuff but never won. I'm kinda like the John C. Reilly of fanfic. Only without all the ensemble awards.

Dragonstar1715
11th June 2007, 07:07 AM
Um who's John C. Reilly?
And the truth is im not really Australian Im half Australian Half Kiwi! makes it hard when it come to Rubgy doesn't it?

Lady Vulpix
11th June 2007, 07:50 AM
Welcome. Please try not to double-post unless there's a good reason for it. I've merged your last 2 posts. If you haven't read the rules yet, they're here (http://forboards.tripod.com/TPM_General_Rules.html). I hope you have a good time on TPM.

As for fanfics, there are many helpful people on the Fanfic forum who will be glad to lend you a hand.

Dragonstar1715
11th June 2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks for that

Gavin Luper
11th June 2007, 09:37 PM
G'day! Another aussie! Hoorah ... welcome to TPM! Like everyone said, hope you have a good stay here and all that.

Good work on already posting a fic. As the others said, if you need help writing fanfics, you can feel free to PM myself or any of the other fanfic mods. Or DragoKnight. ^^ Alternatively, a good place to ask for advice and help in writing is The Writer's Lounge - there are a few topics there that deal with various issues with writing; you could look at them or, if you have some different questions or problems, feel free to start a new discussion.

And of course, there's our monthly e-zine which has some useful columns on grammar and punctuation, interesting insights into the nature of fanfiction and thoughts and advice from various TPM writers.

... How's that for shameless advertising? :D Hope to see you around mate.

Cheers!

Dark-San
11th June 2007, 10:31 PM
Heh lets see, welcome to TPM. But hmm, I can't say much for Fanfic since I hadn't really venture much into the forum except for its monthly E-zine and also Mr Pikachu's War of Forums. But like I say when you trouble the fanfic mods, don't give them such a hard time. ^.^ Except for mr_pikachu and Gavin of course. They are the exceptionals.

mr_pikachu
12th June 2007, 02:17 AM
...Gavin just beat me to a shameless advertising post. A certain sign that the end of the world is nigh. And that I need a new computer.

Anyway. Welcome to TPM, Dragonstar! It sounds like you've come to the right place. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. ^_^

Now, I believe I owe the RPers some advertising, so if you like more impromptu writing, you may want to look through the RPG area as well. But if you're totally dedicated to fanfiction, we'd be more than happy to have you as a constant presence in Fanfic. 24 hours a day, every day until the end of time.

...Just kidding. Maybe.

Lady Vulpix
12th June 2007, 07:51 AM
Oh, and the Adopted and Captured Pokemon subforum on PCG also involves a lot of writing for those who want to, as well as game-like battles against other members which are also optional. Let me know if you're interested, I'll tell you anything you want to know.

Houndoom_Lover
12th June 2007, 05:39 PM
Howdy!!! ^__________^ I love digimon too! Wecome to the form...and bring me a freakin' kiwi! I love kiwis!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th June 2007, 06:17 AM
Welcome. Final Fantasy rules! Check my topic in videogames Forum.

Crazy Elf Boy
14th June 2007, 06:42 AM
Howdy!!! ^__________^ I love digimon too! Wecome to the form...and bring me a freakin' kiwi! I love kiwis!

Lol what do you mean, the bird of the fruit?