PDA

View Full Version : Hi, everyone!

Dirtbiker326
11th June 2007, 07:59 PM
Hi! I'm new here at the Pokemasters forum. So far I like what I see! Although, I have to warn everybody: I'm new to Pokemon myself... I recently started playing the games and have become addicted to them! Well, I hope to have a great time here! See ya around!

Jeff
11th June 2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah, Diamond and Pearl seem to have that effect even on past fans that swore they would never play pokemon again, so now is definitely a good time to get into pokemon.

Well, welcome to TPM, you can swing by the RBY/GSC/RSFLRGE/DP forums to chat about whatever generation of games you happen to be playing, you'll be most likely to see me in DP or the general video games forum.

Dark-San
11th June 2007, 10:34 PM
No worries, man. Drop by at the Diamond/ Pearl forums under the Advanced Generation if you are into the recent Pokemon RPG game. The guys there are pretty much helpful in helping you out if you met up with any problems in the game. Team rating wise, they can be pretty helpful too.

mr_pikachu
12th June 2007, 02:27 AM
Welcome to TPM, Dirtbiker! It's always nice to see a new Pokemon fan here. ^_^

If you like Diamond and Pearl, I recommend checking out the Advanced Generation area. There's a ton of stuff happening there, including the new TPM Battling League for your competitive side!

Some of us are also interested in writing, whether we do so about Pokemon or any number of other genres. So if you have any thoughts about reading or writing great works, take a look at Fanfic as well!

Anyway, welcome again to TPM. Be sure to enjoy your stay! :)

Lady Vulpix
12th June 2007, 07:47 AM
Welcome! I hope you have a good time here. And don't be afraid of the Adopted and Captured Pokemon subforum on Polls, Clubs and Games (hey, everyone's advertising, so why not me?) It's part forum game(s), part RPG and part fanfiction, and it's always open to anyone who wants to join. And I'm always willing to explain as much as is required to anyone who's interested.

Drago
13th June 2007, 01:23 AM
I will now enforce my power to break the streak of advertising (mostly 'cause I ain't got nothing to advertise... perhaps the old polls archive? That's certainly fun.) and welcome you to Casa Del TPM!
It's all sorts of fun 'round these parts, particularly with the grand coming of Diamond and Pearl! It's nifty to see someone become a new fan of Pokemon nearly a decade after I had, and I assure you, once DP hits Aussie shores (stupid wait...) I'll be joining in on your enthusiasm!!

Kris
13th June 2007, 05:45 AM
Hey and welcome to TPM, Im your friendly Misc Mod :)

Im here to make sure that while your in Misc you do as your told :P

But anyway, welcome! What games have you started playing? The advanced? Or the good old classics!

Dirtbiker326
13th June 2007, 01:48 PM
But anyway, welcome! What games have you started playing? The advanced? Or the good old classics!

Hi, Kris! I started Pokemon with Pokemon Red. And since I started playing about a week ago, I've played Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Silver. I got Crystal, but it doesn't work :(

Knight of Time
13th June 2007, 02:58 PM
Hi, Kris! I started Pokemon with Pokemon Red. And since I started playing about a week ago, I've played Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Silver. I got Crystal, but it doesn't work :(

Hi, it's nice to see a new face on TPM, I'm Knight of Time, you can find me mainly in the ASB and AC/CC forums (the latter is under PCG).

About your problem with Pokemon Crystal, are you playing it with a Game Boy Colour?

As far as I know (since I have a copy of that game too; I didn't play it for years though), that game isn't compatible with a regular Game Boy, or the Game Boy Pocket.

I'm also thinking it's compatible with the Game Boy Player, anyone here know if it is?

Dirtbiker326
13th June 2007, 03:00 PM
Yes, I'm using a Game Boy Color. But whenever I boot the game, i just get a blank black screen. Now that I think about it...I do have a Game Boy Player, but I sold my Gamecube after I got a Wii...

mr_pikachu
13th June 2007, 03:43 PM
Hmm. I'm guessing you got the game used; in that case, you may have bought a cartridge that doesn't work any more. We've been discussing various problems with aging cartridges in the Classic Generation area for awhile now. In fact, there's currently a thread about replacing dead batteries in the GSC subsection, but I'm not sure if that would apply to your situation, since you outright can't start the game.

But nonetheless, I would suggest checking it out. It's the Gold, Silver and Crystal section of Classic Generation. The particular thread I mentioned has been stickied, I think, and it should say something about replacing old batteries. That'd be the place to ask questions about it, as the people there are really knowledgable.

EDIT: Here's the thread (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15464).

Dirtbiker326
13th June 2007, 09:49 PM
On a completely unrelated point (and, mods, if this is in the wrong place, please tell me): Where do you get Pokemon for the ASB board?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th June 2007, 06:08 AM
Welcome. You came in the right place. Just post topics and ask questions when you want information. You seem to have better grammar skills than me and that's a mark of a good poster. Not always though, so avoid SPAM.

EDIT: As for your question, wait for someone who knows better.

EDIT2: And a little correction, if your questions are related to a topic which is there already, just post there, of course.