PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god, you got TWINS!

Dark-San
14th June 2007, 06:12 AM
The weirdest thing happened to me while I was sitting through the entire module enrolment process and I was playing Pearl. It was happen that I was breeding Snorlax with Full Incense and Ditto for Munchlax.

I did the usual, handing both Pokemons to the Daycare centre, use Fly and flew to Hearthome City where I took a thousand steps before heading back to the centre to retrieve the egg. Guess what happen? The old man handed me not one but two eggs. >.<" Now this is defintely too weird.

Both eggs are now sitting nicely in my PC at the moment. So I was wondering if both of them are Munchlax or one of them would evolved into something else? Any weird stuff happened while you dudes were doing the breeding?

Jeff
14th June 2007, 10:08 AM
Weird, never had that happen to me, but I think I have an explanation. The time it takes for two pokemon to produce an egg isn't fixed, its random. It could be anywhere from I think 256 steps and up, so after walking 1000 steps it makes sense that two eggs could be produced. I just didn't know that one could be produced when the man was already holding one.

mr_pikachu
14th June 2007, 02:50 PM
Weird, never had that happen to me, but I think I have an explanation. The time it takes for two pokemon to produce an egg isn't fixed, its random. It could be anywhere from I think 256 steps and up, so after walking 1000 steps it makes sense that two eggs could be produced. I just didn't know that one could be produced when the man was already holding one.

That's a good theory, but I'm not sure how realistic it is. Let's assume that all your eggs are stored by Mr. Old Guy until you pick them up (as I think you're saying), and your Pokemon make more eggs in the meantime. If that was the case, it's not too farfetched to assume that you might get sidetracked and, upon returning, find 30 eggs waiting for you.

True, it's possible that the game might do something like that. But I think a lot of people would want to kill the programmers if that was the case, considering how long it'd take to retrieve five eggs at a time, dump them in a box, and repeat. Hence, it seems like a random quirk of "twins" is more likely than Mr. Old Guy simply keeping dozens of eggs. But hey, stranger things have happened.

Dark Sage
14th June 2007, 02:54 PM
Hold on one minute...

If you breed a male Snorlax and a Ditto, and the Snorlax holds the Full Incense, you get a Munchlax? I thought you only got a Munchlax if you had a female Snorlax hold the Incense.

mr_pikachu
14th June 2007, 03:02 PM
The Snorlax that Dark-san mentioned may very well be female... I don't think he mentioned its gender anywhere. Perhaps he just doesn't have a male with which to breed. *shrugs*

Pokemaster Ash
14th June 2007, 05:14 PM
Actually how I think it works when breeding with the Incenses is that the female of the pairing holds it no matter what. If, in a normal case, you're trying to get a Munchlax from a male Snorlax and a Ditto, the Ditto holds the Full Incense. Of course, in a reversed case, if wanted to breed for a Happiny, the Chansey/Blissey holds the Lucky Incense while the Ditto....just gets lucky? *probably smacked by a couple of people*

Houndoom_Lover
14th June 2007, 05:16 PM
OOooh! That's really cool, the twin factor. Though, if they really were twins, wouldn't two pokemon be in the same egg?

Of course, in a reversed case, if wanted to breed for a Happiny, the Chansey/Blissey holds the Lucky Incense while the Ditto....just gets lucky? *probably smacked by a couple of people*

Go Ditto, go Ditto! XD