PDA

View Full Version : Munchlax! Aargh!

rinku
14th June 2007, 05:39 PM
Okay, I've been patiently slathering honey all over the shop; have gotten multiple everything elses but have yet to pop a Munchlax.

Now, after having seen my rival's Munchlax, I can check the location on the pokédex...

Area unknown.

So what's the story? Is it a post-E4, or some sort of swarm, or what? I know I'll be able to breed one once I can import, but it seems kinda odd that all the indexes insist that it's a rare tree event.

PNT510
17th June 2007, 07:43 PM
You do get them from the trees. I heard it has to be a certain tree, but I'm not sure seeing as how I imported an snorlax into the game to get mine.

The reason it shows up as area unknown in the pokedex is probably because it shows up in the trees but not in grassy patches on a specific route.

Jeff
17th June 2007, 08:15 PM
Nah, even other tree-only pokemon show up in the dex, the area is colored red instead of the normal blue. Munchlax supposedly only appears near the Valley Windworks, but I've also heard otherwise. Another thing I've heard is that it's extremely rare.

Phoenixsong
17th June 2007, 08:22 PM
Sometimes the red spots are easy to miss, so that might be why it won't show up. I've heard plenty of things dispelling the rumor that it can only be caught by the Windworks, although since that's an easy-access tree and we know it can be found there, even if nowhere else, that's probably the best place to look.

Personally, I think the honey trees are the most colossal waste of time ever inserted into a Pokémon game, so I've been GTSing for everything I don't have. If you really want to look for a Munchy, though, I'd recommend just sticking with the Windworks tree until you get one.

Crystalmaster Mike
14th September 2007, 03:56 AM
[quote=Phoenixsong;332045]Sometimes the red spots are easy to miss, so that might be why it won't show up.[quote]
Nah, the map has that hard-to-miss "Area Unknown" banner covering it when you search for Munchlax' area.

I'm just trying my like at Valley Windworks myself, though have yet to come up with anything.
It is suspicous, though, that all the other tree-dwelling Pokémon just show up normally on the map, and he doesn't.

I suppose the honey trees could be an easy(ier) way to try 'n get a shiny Wurmple, if ever you so crave to get one.

AdventureSerum
14th September 2007, 04:40 PM
Well, I got sick of looking so I just traded. As soon as I evolve my own one into a Snorlax I could breed one and trade it to you, if you want.