PDA

View Full Version : D/P Mystery Gift

Pokemaster Ash
14th June 2007, 08:59 PM
Okay, we all know it's there somewhere. But how do you get it?

I think the guy you give the special saying to is in Jubilife somewhere, but what's the special saying?

Negrek
14th June 2007, 09:14 PM
The dude's in the TV station place in Jubilife. You first tell him "EVERYONE HAPPY", then follow it with "WI-FI CONNECTION."

EngiMatikul
15th June 2007, 02:33 AM
WOW COOL so uh... what exactly does Mystery Gift do in DP.... >.>

Dragonis
15th June 2007, 02:41 AM
You need it so you can get Managhy from Ranger. I think you can get Nintendo stuff from it at events, but I'm not to sure on that.

Dark-San
15th June 2007, 05:52 AM
Okay, I already did what Negrek had said but that fellow in the third floor still refuses to give me the Mystery Gift, telling me that he would be swinging a deal with me on the Mystery Gift.

Jeff
15th June 2007, 02:31 PM
You should have it now, check the main menu. Also, before anyone asks, no, this doesn't do the same thing as mystery gift in GSC, it's just for getting Manaphy and event pokemon.

EngiMatikul
15th June 2007, 06:27 PM
awww that's no fun :( I really miss the in game trainer battles where you can get exp from your friends' level 100 kyogre, groundon, and rayquaza :<

Dark-San
15th June 2007, 09:56 PM
You should have it now, check the main menu. Also, before anyone asks, no, this doesn't do the same thing as mystery gift in GSC, it's just for getting Manaphy and event pokemon.

I checked all the contents inside my bag and there does not seem to have anything called 'Mystery Gift'.

Negrek
15th June 2007, 10:04 PM
No, it's not an item--it's a new option that appears on the pre-game menu. If you boot up your game and go to the screen where it says "Continue," "Migrate," "Wi-Fi Settings," etc., there should be a new option called "Mystery Gift."

Dark-San
15th June 2007, 10:29 PM
So how we get Manaphy then without it as an item?

Negrek
15th June 2007, 10:52 PM
Oh, you have to transfer the egg over from Pokémon Ranger, then go pick it up at a Pokémart. Mystery Gift is just the function that allows the transfer.

Poryhedron
16th June 2007, 01:34 PM
Instead of being anything like Mystery Gift in GSC, DP's Mystery Gift is exactly like RSE's Mystery Gift.

...Mystery Gift has never been an ingame item. It's always been a special mode for communicating with other game cartridges to recieve some sort of data.