PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Alert!

mr_pikachu
18th June 2007, 03:49 PM
FBI tries to fight zombie hordes (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6752853.stm)

...Seriously! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20070615/tc_cmp/199903961)

Most of us have probably known for a long time that many internet users really don't have a clue how to protect their own computers from hackers, but this is the first time such a number has been given for such a major attack. It really is terrifying that silly people put all their personal data on their PCs only to have it stolen with ease.

I'm curious whether any members here will get calls from their ISPs in the near future. Then again, I rather doubt we'd hear about it if they did. They'd probably be slightly ashamed of that. ^_^;

Discuss!

DarkTemplarZero
18th June 2007, 09:16 PM
How do you kill something that's already DEAD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Alright, enough bad zombie jokes. But yeah, seriously, Windows is just a big target for hackers, with RPC's and the fact that everybody uses it it's remarkably tempting to just try to bitchsmack Windows. This would be a good time to diss windows, but I'm running XP and so I can't complain.

TKnHappyNess
18th June 2007, 09:38 PM
How do you kill something that's already DEAD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You shoot it in the head with a shotgun ala Resident Evil.

Drago
19th June 2007, 02:49 AM
I seriously hate these mooks. I'm a computer idiot, I don't need to be put up against these losers with nothing better to do, it's kinda like a toddler learning to skate put up against an NHL player. Not pretty.
I say let 'em rot in prison, then they can get laughed at for 65 years in jail for computer crimes.

Asilynne
19th June 2007, 03:01 PM
I seriously hate these mooks. I'm a computer idiot, I don't need to be put up against these losers with nothing better to do, it's kinda like a toddler learning to skate put up against an NHL player. Not pretty.
I say let 'em rot in prison, then they can get laughed at for 65 years in jail for computer crimes.

Well for them itll be just like High school all over again, only the teachers have guns and the bullies just might make you thier bitch XD

-/Deathborn/-
19th June 2007, 03:16 PM
What's really scary is that these crooks are all getting mad rich off of this.
Their "boss" essentially goes "make some spyware and infect x computers and I'll give you z money for it."
Now multiply that by a lot.
Pretty scary indeed.

Magmar
19th June 2007, 03:53 PM
revenge of the nerds XD

Houndoom_Lover
19th June 2007, 03:57 PM
I once did a artical about the use of the word Zombie...

Well for them itll be just like High school all over again, only the teachers have guns and the bullies just might make you thier bitch XD

Actully, sounds like my current school -_-

I never put anything that people can steal on this thing, and my firewall is litterly kick awsome. I can't do simple addition in my head but...^_^ It's about time Windows got hit hard, so we can all get over the Apples thing.