PDA

View Full Version : Finished the E4 before local release!

rinku
19th June 2007, 06:59 PM
Just finished the E4 and Champion this morning, Australian release date is tomorrow!

Pretty proud of it - I forgot that I had Palkia and went in with my normal travelling team, all of whom were at or under L50. JUST managed to get through the E4 themselves (but with no restarts!) then got smashed by Cynthia. At this point I had:

L51 Torterra
L50 Staraptor
L44 Ambipom
L49 Infernape
L49 Empoleon
L50 Luxray

(yes, I know. STUPID to have brought along Ambipom - I hadn't looked at the E4 lineups, and while I do enjoy not knowing, I should have taken something a bit tougher).

Fortunately I had been saving up my rare candies and had 9 of them. I levelled up Torterra to 60, and that was enough to get me through Cynthia, using the others pretty much as sacrifices to allow me to heal Torterra up without risk (though Infernape was useful to finish off her Roserade).

Now I just need the three sprites and to see/get Riolu to complete the Sinnoh dex!

Jeff
19th June 2007, 09:58 PM
You do know where to get Riolu right? Riley, Iron Cave.

Crazy Elf Boy
20th June 2007, 05:01 PM
Rinku, I have something to tell you. Ummm the 21st of June wasn't the whole Australian release date. Up here on the Sunshine coast we have a shop called Game Traders and they had it in on the 27th of April....

rinku
20th June 2007, 06:21 PM
I think you'll find those were US import copies, like mine.

Check your manual and box - if it has US adresses, it's an import.

And, yeah - knew where to get the Riolu egg - but to complete the dex it's quicker to just battle the guy in the cave near Hearthome. Did the dex last night (Azelf was a right cow) and have started on all the post-E4 stuff.

Can now definitely report from personal experience that a US Pearl has no problem importing from an Aus Emerald.

Crazy Elf Boy
21st June 2007, 12:15 AM
Whoa it does to, anyway I dont care because I was able to buy it before the Aussie release.

And US diamond works with emerald too, if you want to know ^_^