PDA

View Full Version : A Really Neat Idea for PokeFreaks

CurbAppeal
21st June 2007, 10:36 PM
I always have loved the pokemon series ever since it came out, and it has consumed countless hours over the years, and it got me thinking of the "Ultimate Pokemon Game"

Since Pearl and Diamond came out, I was a little disappointed with the graphics, but the gameplay was still incredible

But then I thought of something, 'How could I make this better?'

I then just sat in my room, thinking for a couple minutes and decided some improvements to the series:

- Visit ALL regions, and obtain all badges, including the Orange Islands from the TV series
- Extend the PokeContests and make events for it (Ex: Make a National contest that had brackets)
- Add more furniture for secret bases
- Obtain all Pokemon
- Add new types of Pokemon (Ex: Ghost/Dragon, Fire/Dragon, Electric/Ghost, Dark/Electric, etc.)
- Make FOURTH evolutions for certain pokemon, like starter Pokemon Charmander have a final form after Charizard that is Fire/Dragon
- Obtain new starters for each region
- Customize your character (Like Race/Age/Gender, Clothes, etc.)
- Make an all powerfull trainer at the very end that would show how well you have compiled your teams
- Add only 50 new Pokemon
- Have Team Rocket, Team Aqua, and Team Magma in the game
- Have multiple minigames
- Meet people like from the TV show (Ash, Gary, May, Max, etc.)
- Get a jet ski (I mean come on, who doesn't want one?)

And that's all I can remember for now, but if there's more I'll add more

Feel free to shoot this down or add to it, just wanted to share and idea

mr_pikachu
22nd June 2007, 02:46 AM
Interesting ideas. I think we'd all like to visit the various regions in a single game, and the clothing customization sounds cool, too - I don't think it'd take too much extra programming to make it work.

On the other hand, fourth evolutions sound a little ridiculous; the only way I could see that legitimately happening would be if they added a baby form to an existing three-stage evolutionary chain. I'm also apprehensive about having all the "Teams" in one game, if only because it would overload the game with that one aspect.

As for myself, I'd like to see a game with live-action battling. Think of some of the Legend of Zelda games for the N64, Gamecube, and Wii, where you make your character move, leap around, and execute various moves. That seems even more possible now that we have the Wii's motion-sensing technology.

Jeff
22nd June 2007, 09:34 PM
Just a few comments on these:

- Visit ALL regions, and obtain all badges, including the Orange Islands from the TV series
^ That would be kind of hard to fit onto a DS card, while I can certainly see a sort of full-sized Johto and Kanto fitting on one in a possible GS remake, I don't see how they would fit all of them. I do like the idea of putting all the regions in one game, but it would probably have to be a Wii game. And I don't see Orange Islands getting in, they are an anime thing. The anime gets everything from the games, but the games hardly ever borrow from the anime.

- Extend the PokeContests and make events for it (Ex: Make a National contest that had brackets)
^ Not too much into contests so I don't really have a comment for that one

- Add more furniture for secret bases
^ The more the merrier :)

- Obtain all Pokemon
^ We're actually almost there with DP, except of course, for old starters and legendarys

- Add new types of Pokemon (Ex: Ghost/Dragon, Fire/Dragon, Electric/Ghost, Dark/Electric, etc.)
^ Done (Giratina), would be cool, and done (Rotom). I've come up with some pokemon sporting new type combos myself like Bug/Electric and Grass/Ghost, I think we're very likely to see new type combos when the 5th gen comes out. I'd also like to see new types though, like Light, Magic, and Sound.

- Make FOURTH evolutions for certain pokemon, like starter Pokemon Charmander have a final form after Charizard that is Fire/Dragon
^ Absolutly not, keep it at 3 I say, keeps things simpler and I don't see them breaking the tradition anytime soon

- Obtain new starters for each region
^ That would mean 4 full new sets of starters? If they do that, I'd like to see a little more variety like different RPS combos (such as the Psychic, Fighting, Dark that was hinted at before DP came out)

- Customize your character (Like Race/Age/Gender, Clothes, etc.)
^ YES! I'm so glad they are doing this in PBR, but it would be even cooler if they gave you the option in the regular pokemon RPGs

- Make an all powerfull trainer at the very end that would show how well you have compiled your teams
^ Personally I see things like the Battle Tower and Frontier as an "ultimate test" for the games to provide, although an ultimate trainer has been done before in Gold, Silver, Crystal, and Emerald, so it's very likely we'll see the idea again

- Add only 50 new Pokemon
^ I've never cared how many pokemon get added, I prefer quality over quantity, so if it's 50 interesting pokemon, it would beat the tar out of 200 lame pokemon and 10 interesting ones.

- Have Team Rocket, Team Aqua, and Team Magma in the game
^ That would be cool, but I see Aqua and Magma as kind of a one-time thing for the 3rd gen.

- Have multiple minigames
^ Minigames are always fun

- Meet people like from the TV show (Ash, Gary, May, Max, etc.)
^ Nah, I see the anime as being a separate entity from the games, however one anime character does make a cameo in DP, Riley who gives you the Riolu egg looks exactly like Sir Aaron from the 8th movie

- Get a jet ski (I mean come on, who doesn't want one?)
^ Actually, it would be cool to have some kind of Bike-like item to allow you to move faster over the water, and who doesn't want a jet ski :P

My idea for the ultimate pokemon game would be an online game for the Wii, where you could pick the region you start at, customize your trainer, and after completing the gyms for one region, chose another to visit until you have visited them all. All the while you could form a group of friends that could see each other while playing to trade and battle, as if everything was a big union room. The idea of initiating impromptu trades and battles when encountering your friends in the field, instead of planning when to trade or battle seems really cool.

The real-time battles seem like a cool idea, but as another style of battling, rather than replacing the turn-based battles. The traditional battles have always been about strategy, real-time battles would add an element of "who can hit the buttons faster" that I wouldn't want to see become the "standard" battling style.