PDA

View Full Version : Chatot Chattin'

Drago
22nd June 2007, 01:00 AM
I tell ya what, I dunno why GD isn't overflowing with topics discussing DP Pogeys, I bought the game yesterday and I've noted all sorts of stuff that'd be ripe for observing.

Anyhow, I've spent most of today playing with one of my new favourite novelty Pokemon, Chatot. Though not spectacular by any means, I'm obsessed with it for its ability to poorly warble something that vaguely resembles my speech. I would assume it would be more coherent had I used the DS headphones, can anyone clarify that?
Also, I thought I might see what everyone else has gotten their Chatot to say as their cry. Mine says 'Lovely!'

Discuss! Compare! No Bidoof allowed!

mr_pikachu
22nd June 2007, 02:53 AM
To be fair, the reason that GD hasn't been overflowing with DP topics is because they're being posted in the DP section. ^_^;

But to address the headphones question, I've just been plugging in my iPod headphones. To be honest, they don't seem to improve the sound quality... they just make it so that you're the only one listening to the game. So even if you got special headphones just for the DS, I doubt that'd improve Chatot's cry much, if at all.

Mega Horny
22nd June 2007, 11:18 AM
Uh...How does one teach Chatot words?

Drago
22nd June 2007, 05:49 PM
To be fair, the reason that GD hasn't been overflowing with DP topics is because they're being posted in the DP section. ^_^;
Yeah, but that's game-related stuff, I meant all the fun little musings on the Pogeys themselves that GD provides. ...I contemplated posting this in DP, but I thought people were too busy with team-rating and glitch-finding and tactic-making to care about my lovely little Chatot. lol

But to address the headphones question, I've just been plugging in my iPod headphones. To be honest, they don't seem to improve the sound quality... they just make it so that you're the only one listening to the game. So even if you got special headphones just for the DS, I doubt that'd improve Chatot's cry much, if at all.
My bad, I actually meant to say the DS headset with the microphone, not the DS headphones. What I was meaning to imply is that if I used the DS headset with its microphone, it'd come out clearer than using the DS's built-in microphone. If that's what you meant anyway then I'm an idiot, but I'm fairly sure I forgot to specify what I meant... in which case I'm still an idiot.

Uh...How does one teach Chatot words?
With love, of course. ;)
And Chatter, which it learns at level 21. It's a basic special Flying attack with ability to confuse and a power of 60, but you can record your voice so that it shouts out whatever you said. Just don't expect to understand it very well, or say a whole lot. It'll also say this as its cry whenever you send it out into battle. Hilarious listening to a Chatot enter the battlefield saying LOVELY!

Soon after posting this topic, I learnt the tragic truth; Chatot will only retain its saying until you stick it in the PC, where it reverts back to its basic cry. Makes sense, I mean potentially you could've had hundreds of Chatot in the PC each with a different saying, which probably takes up a whole lot of memory... But still, I hate that Chatot now. Forget my teachings, will ya??

Magmar
23rd June 2007, 01:19 AM
Mine says "Papsmear!"

Mega Horny
23rd June 2007, 12:10 PM
How do I record my voice? I know about chatter and the mic, but when and how do I tell it what to say?

Drago
24th June 2007, 09:26 PM
As soon as your Chatot learns Chatter, it's simply a matter of using the move out in the field the same way you would Fly, Sweet Scent, etc.

AdventureSerum
24th June 2007, 10:28 PM
I've been trying to get mine to say "LEEEEEROY... JEEEE-INKINS!"

Silent Dragonfly
25th June 2007, 07:38 AM
This is the (or at least one) reason there is an "ERSB: Game Experience May Change During Online Play" notice as the game loads. I'm sure there are kids who find it hilarious to use expletives against their opponents in online battles through their Chatot.

Mega Horny
25th June 2007, 09:24 AM
On Silent Dragonfly's note, I also find it very cool to use Unown-inspired-Seals to make my balls say stuff like 'Latkes!' upon entering battle.

Blademaster
28th June 2007, 01:02 PM
LMAO. This Chatter feature is awesome!

I was up early this morning; on a whim, I grabbed my DS, flew to Sunyshore City, and looked around for a Chatot. I found a LV41 male with Roost, Featherdance, Mimic, and Uproar. After catching the little bugger, I flew it to Pastoria and force-fed it my last Heart Scale, thus re-teaching it Chatter.

Unfortunately, I quickly discovered that Chatot can only retain about a second of dialogue, so my initial attempt at teaching it to say "Screw the rules - I have a musical note for a head!" didn't work out so well (It said "-ew ru 'a,'" roughly translated.). But I kept tinkering with it, and after cranking my dad's computer's volume to max, I found a few amusing short phrases that it can say in a vaguely audible tone, such as:

"KHAAAAAN!!" (William Shatner)
"Date rape!" (Robot Chicken)
"DIE!!!" (Mecha Sonic)
"McFly!" (Back to the Future)
"I want the TRUTH!" (A Few Good Men)
"Destroy the core." (Gradius V)
"Where you at?" (Boost-Mobile)

And so on and so forth. Currently, the little freak is trained to say "I hunger," a la Sinistar. How that scrawny bird sounds like a hellish space robot, I dunno, but it's damn funny nonetheless. :rofl:

Magmar
29th June 2007, 01:28 AM
At least the Chatot shouting things like "Lick me privates!" and "I shat me pants!" are barely audible. Using the Seals, you can make things say whatever you want, more or less.