PDA

View Full Version : Journal glitch?

AdventureSerum
24th June 2007, 07:47 PM
Recently, after firing up the good old DS for some long-awaited Pokemon enjoyment, I was shocked to discover that my game did not start where I last saved it, but instead showed me the journal pages in the top screen and nothing in the bottom one. At first I panicked, and turned the game off and on several times, to no avail. I feared the worst. Finally, I resorted to button-mashing and discovered that pressing start or select (can't remember which) solved the problem. Naturally, I turned the game off without saving to preserve the situation. What do the rest of you know about this strange happening?

The Blue Avenger
24th June 2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah, it shows you the journal if you haven't played for a while. If you exit the journal, it should put you directly where you saved.

mr_pikachu
24th June 2007, 07:58 PM
Yeah, that's not really a glitch; instead it's one of those features they added to DP. If you've ever played FireRed/LeafGreen, those games had a similar thing whenever you continued your game.

Jeff
24th June 2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah, the difference being that FireRed/LeafGreen showed recent activity every time you turned the game on, while Diamond and Pearl show the journal only if you haven't played for at least a day it seems. It's only happened to me a couple of times and both times I didn't play the entire day before. I guess its there to remind you what you did last since you haven't played in a while.

Phoenixsong
24th June 2007, 11:23 PM
Oh, is that what it is? I knew it wasn't a glitch, but I wasn't sure what triggered it.