PDA

View Full Version : The TPM Battling League: Standard Tournament #3 (COMPLETE)

mr_pikachu
24th June 2007, 10:29 PM
The TPM Battling League
2007-08 ~ Standard Tournament #3

Admin Approved by Chris
Commissioner: mr_pikachu

This topic is to inform participants of the TPMBL about an upcoming tournament, for competitors in the tournament to report their battle results, and for pairings and results to be announced. It is not to be used for tournament registration.

To register for this tournament, follow the instructions given at the bottom of this thread.

Tournament Information

Basic Information
Standard Tournament
Single-Battle Style
Start Date: July 4, 2007
Late Registration Date*: July 7, 2007

Lineup Clauses and Limits
Level Limit: 100 (Auto-level will be used)
Legendary Clause
Species Clause
DS Style

Battle Clauses
Sleep Clause
OHKO Clause
Self-Destruct Clause

Tournament Limits
Maximum Players: 16
Maximum Round Duration: 3 days

Staff
Head TD: mr_pikachu
Assistant TDs: N/A

Tiebreakers
1. Solkoff
2. Cumulative
3. Median

Additional Notes
Again, we have 16 players maximum and up to four rounds, depending on the number of entries. We're also keeping the late registration feature. All non-legendaries of any level are allowed, and we'll be using auto-levelling to level 100. Also, notice that each round will only last up to three days this time so that we can keep things moving.

As before, you cannot train the Pokemon on your team once you’ve submitted your registration. Until the tournament is complete, your selected Pokemon cannot participate in battles within the game, because that could affect their stats.

You have until July 4 (12:01 a.m. Central Standard Time) to register your team. Please note the guidelines below for doing so.

If you wish, you may request a bye for any one round (except the last round) in your registration PM. If you choose to do that, you will be given a half-point for the round in question. You MUST say this in your registration PM, however; I cannot accept any bye requests after that time. Also, if you register late, the half-point you receive in the first round will count as your requested bye.

*- If space permits, we will accept late registrations until July 7, when round two will begin. If you register your team after the pairings for round one have already been posted, you will receive a half-point for the first round (as if you had earned a draw). Your tiebreak scores will not be increased, however.

Registration

To register for this tournament, send a PM (Private Message) to the Head TD with your TPMBL ID# (found in the Rules, Ratings, and Standings thread). The PM must include the following information for all of the Pokemon you will use in the tournament:

Species
Level
Gender (if none, put “Genderless”)
Ability
Hold Item (if none, put “None”)
Move #1
Move #2 (if none, put “None”)
Move #3 (if none, put “None”)
Move #4 (if none, put “None”)

Your Pokemon must be listed in the order in which they are arranged on your team.

Mega Horny
25th June 2007, 09:06 AM
Awesome! Now this is a tournament everyone can enter. I'll pm you my registration soon enough.

Dark-San
25th June 2007, 10:12 AM
I'm joining in on this one too.

Negrek
26th June 2007, 08:48 PM
Could I enter normally but count myself as a late registration anyway? I'm going on vacation for the Fourth of July, and I'm most likely not going to make it back within the three-day round limit, nor will I be able to submit a registration between when normal registration closes and late registration closes. I most likely won't be able to participate in the first round, but after that I should be good.

mr_pikachu
26th June 2007, 10:18 PM
Okay, I didn't think a situation like that would come up, so I didn't mention it. But let me clarify... you can request a first-round bye if you like; should you choose to do that, it will be treated in the same manner as a late registration. That is, you will receive a half-point for the first round. If you would like a first-round bye, please tell me that in your registration PM. Otherwise, I can't guarantee that I'll remember to count it.

I'll add that to the note on late registrations. Thanks for mentioning that.

EDIT: Since the issue of requesting byes has been raised, we're going to do things the "professional" way. You may request a bye for any round (with the exception of the final round), and you'll get a half-point for that round if you do so. If you register late, the half-point you receive in the first round will be counted as your requested bye, so you won't be able to ask for another one. As long as things don't get crazy I'll keep this for most of the tournaments to come, with the possible exception of a few championship tournaments.

mr_pikachu
2nd July 2007, 07:13 PM
Time's running out to submit your teams! Several of you say you're planning to enter. Well, don't miss the deadline! Just 29 hours left...

DaBlackBandit
3rd July 2007, 09:13 PM
Where do we register, I'd love to enter.

mr_pikachu
3rd July 2007, 09:41 PM
Just PM your team to me, and you'll be in the tournament. ^_^

mr_pikachu
4th July 2007, 01:07 AM
Let the tournament begin!

Remember, if you haven't yet registered, you can still do so before round two and start with a half-point. Just PM me your team, and you'll be ready to go!

ROUND 1

1. Negrek (Negrek). . . . . . . .REQUESTED BYE
2. DarkSan (Dark-San). . . . . . . . .BYE. . .
3. Phoenixsong (Phoenixsong). . .REQUESTED BYE
4. Q-l3x (Mega Horny). . . . . . REQUESTED BYE

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 1

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .RD 1 . . . TOTAL
1 . DarkSan (Dark-San) . . . . ++ . . . . 1.0
2 . Negrek (Negrek). . . . . . +- . . . . 0.5
3 . Phoenixsong (Phoenixsong). +- . . . . 0.5
4 . Q-l3x (Mega Horny) . . . . +- . . . . 0.5

EDIT: Late registration added.

EDIT2: Second late registration.

Dark-San
5th July 2007, 02:14 AM
I just remembered this tournament and had actually borrowed a friend's laptop to send in my team on time.

*Wipes off sweat*

Just in the nick of time. Actually I was wondering on who would be my next opponent?

mr_pikachu
7th July 2007, 12:45 AM
Let the tournament continue!

ROUND 2

1. Negrek (Negrek). . . VS . DarkSan (Dark-San). . . .
2. Q-l3x (Mega Horny) . VS . Phoenixsong (Phoenixsong)

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 1

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .RD 1 . . . TOTAL
1 . DarkSan (Dark-San) . . . . ++ . . . . 1.0
2 . Negrek (Negrek). . . . . . +- . . . . 0.5
3 . Phoenixsong (Phoenixsong). +- . . . . 0.5
4 . Q-l3x (Mega Horny) . . . . +- . . . . 0.5

Remember, you each have three days to complete your respective battles. As always, the person on the left should contact the person on the right immediately to start scheduling the match.

Good luck to everyone in round two!

mr_pikachu
9th July 2007, 01:40 AM
There's less than a day left to complete your battles... make sure you post your results before the second round ends!

Negrek
9th July 2007, 07:13 AM
I beat Dark-San.

Dark-San
9th July 2007, 07:14 AM
gg, Negrek. I lost the battle, mr_pikachu. It was expected Negrek had a better strategy than I do.

mr_pikachu
10th July 2007, 12:40 AM
The second round has ended. The remaining battle will be considered a double forfeit

The reason we let you arrange your own battles is because everyone lives in different areas, so you all deal with different times zones and such. But make sure you don't miss the deadlines! Otherwise, we'll have to start giving specific times for each battle, whether or not they fit your respective schedules.

Anyway, let's move on. The third round awaits!

ROUND 3

1. Q-l3x (Mega Horny) . . . . VS . Negrek (Negrek). . .
2. Phoenixsong (Phoenixsong). VS . DarkSan (Dark-San).

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 2

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .RD 1 . . RD 2 . . .TOTAL
1 . Negrek (Negrek). . . . . . +- . . . L2. . . . 1.5
2 . DarkSan (Dark-San) . . . . ++ . . . W1. . . . 1.0
3 . Phoenixsong (Phoenixsong). +- . . . F0. . . . 0.5
4 . Q-l3x (Mega Horny) . . . . +- . . . F0. . . . 0.5

Make sure you finish and report your matches before three days pass!

Negrek
10th July 2007, 04:48 PM
I beat Mega Horny.

Phoenixsong
11th July 2007, 08:22 PM
Actually, it's not entirely our fault. It probably doesn't make a difference, but I wasn't able to get on during the arranged time due to total internet failure (AGAIN). So, um, yeah, make of that what you will, or give MH the win or something, but I just wanted to apologize for that. Hopefully it won't die again before I can fight Dark-San.

mr_pikachu
12th July 2007, 01:22 AM
Well, all I have to go on is what I can see. Since nobody told me anything, I didn't have any choice but to assume that neither of you made any effort to hold the battle. (It also meant that I didn't contact either of you myself to confirm the situation.)

Dark-San
12th July 2007, 04:27 AM
I figured so. I would probably do the same thing if I am in your shoes, Brian. After all, it is the contestant's responsibility in informing the judge. Hey if me living in the other side of the world is able to hold my battles, why can't you dudes?

Brian, possible if you could delay Round 3 for another one more day since I just contacted Phoenix and we would be battling tomorrow. If you can't, I am okay with it.

Phoenixsong
12th July 2007, 08:19 AM
Naw, I understand, I was just apologizing. I didn't show, and I figured that at least MH needed an explanation, is all.

mr_pikachu
12th July 2007, 03:03 PM
Well, at the time that Dark-san posted, it was 4:27 a.m. Central Time (which is the time zone we're using for this tournament). So you may yet finish before the announced time limit. But since I've already called a double forfeit for a match that wasn't completed earlier, it wouldn't be fair to the competitors involved (namely Mega Horny) if I give an extra day this time. Not to mention that it would delay the last round considerably.

I'll grant an extra 40 minutes, since I didn't post the pairings for this round until 12:40 a.m., but I'm afraid I really can't do much more than that. Sorry.

mr_pikachu
13th July 2007, 02:51 AM
Round three is now over. It's time to begin the final round! Good luck in your battles...

ROUND 4

1. Negrek (Negrek) . . VS .Phoenixsong (Phoenixsong)
2. DarkSan (Dark-San). VS .Q-l3x (Mega Horny). . . .

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 3

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .RD 1 . . RD 2 . . RD 3 . . .TOTAL
1 . Negrek (Negrek). . . . . . +- . . . W2 . . . W3. . . . 2.5
2 . DarkSan (Dark-San) . . . . ++ . . . L1 . . . F0. . . . 1.0
3 . Q-l3x (Mega Horny) . . . . +- . . . F0 . . . L1. . . . 0.5
4 . Phoenixsong (Phoenixsong). +- . . . F0 . . . F0. . . . 0.5

Negrek
14th July 2007, 09:32 AM
I lost to Phoenixsong.

Phoenixsong
14th July 2007, 09:34 AM
...but she still wins anyway. Ah, well, them's the breaks.

...My internet connection sucks.

mr_pikachu
16th July 2007, 03:55 PM
And that concludes the tournament! Thanks for participating, everyone. Here are your final standings!

FINAL STANDINGS

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .RD 1 . . RD 2 . . RD 3 . . RD 4 . . .TOTAL
1 . Negrek (Negrek). . . . . . +- . . . W2 . . . W3 . . . L2. . . . 2.5
2 . Phoenixsong (Phoenixsong). +- . . . F0 . . . F0 . . . W1. . . . 1.5
3 . DarkSan (Dark-San) . . . . ++ . . . L1 . . . F0 . . . F0. . . . 1.0
4 . Q-l3x (Mega Horny) . . . . +- . . . F0 . . . L1 . . . F0. . . . 0.5

This season's fourth tournament will be announced soon. I hope to see you there! Until then, so long!