PDA

View Full Version : Max Stats

DarkestLight
30th June 2007, 02:26 PM
So, I'm entering a Tournament soon.

And one of the rules were

"No one Pokemon may have more than two stats over 300."

...Is it POSSIBLE for any natural Pokemon to have over 300 in more than two stats? Excluding Legends...who can? I'm really spinning to think if anyone fits this criteria.

mr_pikachu
30th June 2007, 02:44 PM
Well, I know Slaking can... its Attack is guaranteed to be above 300 at Lv. 100, and with the right nature, another stat can be as well.

Does HP count as a "stat" by this definition? Because that could create a lot of problems... forget using any Pokemon with stats remotely close to Blissey's.

I see the point of this - EVs aren't quite as important, and you don't have to do three years of breeding to get perfect IVs. But c'mon! This takes away so many possible strategies!

DarkestLight
30th June 2007, 03:05 PM
Naaa, not HP. Just the main 5.

And I think the meaning got a bit skewed. Two stats can be over 300. No more.

Can any Pokemon have 3 or more stats over 300, that's my question.

mr_pikachu
30th June 2007, 03:34 PM
Whoops, sorry. Misread that.

Okay... I think Charizard can, if I'm reading my charts correctly. If I'm right in assuming that the chart of stats for different personalities doesn't include EV training, then it can potentially have all five stats reach 300 with a +Def, -Sp. Atk nature and precise EV training. They'll barely reach that level, but considering that Charizard was the first Pokemon I checked for three or more 300+ stats... yeah, I'd say it's possible.

As for Pokemon that you would actually want to train in that way... can't think of any examples offhand. Maybe a Special Sweeper that happened to have strong Defense, or something? Meh. Like I said before, it seems like a stupid rule.

DarkestLight
30th June 2007, 03:51 PM
Oh no. I don't want to train that way. I want to STAY AWAY from it so I don't somehow bypass the rules and get disqualified.

Trust me, I agree that its a stupid rule. But I wanna try and win that first place prize lol.

Houndoom_Lover
30th June 2007, 04:03 PM
I know Houndoom's speical attack can be boosted up pretty close too 300, though nothing is natural about it and it took a great deal of breeding ^_^. The rules are ensuring no freaks of nature XD

Negrek
30th June 2007, 09:59 PM
Yes. There are several nonlegendary pokémon that can reach 300 in more than two stats; however, you would only train them to have a stat spread that way if you had not the remotest clue what you were doing. If the tournament already disallows legends and ubers, then you shouldn't worry about breaking the rule, unless you were, for example, planning on training your salamence to max attack and special attack (its HP at lv. 100 guaranteed to be 300 with a 0 IV and no EV's). I would just ignore it. Essentially, it serves to ban nothing.