PDA

View Full Version : Starting over

Blademaster
30th June 2007, 07:15 PM
After a month with a slow, freezing laptop, I've finally decided to ask TPM for help.

How can I delete everything on the laptop? Every program, virus, document... All of it. I want it as clear and as functional as the day after I got it (I spent the day before that setting it up. :sweat2:), but I don't know how to do that...

Anybody know?

Silencer
1st July 2007, 05:53 AM
Reïnstall your OS. You can clear all data that way. You just insert the disk and boot from that. Just follow the steps and you'll be take to a screen were you can delete all partitions and clear their data. If you want to keep something (like music or something) I'd save it on a DVD before reformatting

pokemasterfrank
1st July 2007, 10:43 AM
Well, as a precaution, if your worried about viruses, etc, I'd use one of those boot-and-wipe programs first before reinstalling the OS. I've forgotten the name of the one I used when I did the same thing :P It doesn't help when all I can remember is one of my friends wrote "Boot me :)" on it :P

EDIT: Oh yeah. You'll have to burn it to a CD and boot from it. Just clarifying.

Blademaster
1st July 2007, 03:04 PM
What's an OS, though? Damn computer illiteracy... :confused:

Jeff
1st July 2007, 07:24 PM
Operating System. Windows, Linux, MacOS, etc.

kainashi
2nd July 2007, 03:26 AM
What's an OS, though? Damn computer illiteracy... :confused:it should've come with a windows disc that you can use to wipe the hard drive before installing.

Blademaster
2nd July 2007, 10:09 PM
Well... It didn't. -_- Shit... How can I get one?

Mew Master
4th July 2007, 03:08 PM
Usually you can jsut call the manufacturer for a new boot disk as well as basica applications and drivers. I've had to Re-format my comp three times, starting to get intothe habit of doing it once every year round summer. So I know how much of a pain it is...

homeofmew
7th July 2007, 02:09 PM
Reformat your Hard Drive.
If you have problems doing this put your boot Sequence so your
CD Drive Reads First.
Delete the current Portion that will show up (Press D) for Delete and Create a new one. This is the best thing to do if you are sick and tired and will do anything.