PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Coup D'état (Mod Approved)

Plantae
3rd July 2007, 05:13 PM
Please familiarize yourself with the rules (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/coupdetat.htm) and ask any questions as soon as possible.

General Rules
1. Do not excessively spam in the game topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material please. Any player that does so will receive dooms from me appropriate to the damage caused.
2. Dead people should keep their comments in this thread at a minimum.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game, if you do it correctly.
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game.This means any and all private messages, not just ones from the host. In general, it is best to not even mention the private messaging process or even hint at their contents or their use in the game. No such evidence should be considered valid in day vote, as it is easily fabricated.
5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
6. Do not edit your posts, the only exception being the host.
7. Any rules issues should be directed to me by private message, including the reporting of the violation of these general rules by other players.
8. No moderator should use their ability to see who is sending and receiving private messages to gain unfair advantage, or any of their other abilities, for that matter.
9. You may not vote neutral twice in a row. Also, the result of doing so or not voting on any cycle except the first is a doom vote. Three doom votes result in automatic elimination.

The penalty for disobeying the above rules is situational, and may range from dooms, to in-game death, and even to game suspension or banning if the situation is severe enough. I ask that you observe them carefully and inform me of any questions before it becomes an issue.

Cast
Crazy Elf Boy
Dark-San
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
EngiMatikul
Houndoom_Lover
Hyperness is a Good Thing
Magmar
Mr_Pikachu
Prof. JB Wolf
Roy Karrde
Vulpix.ck
Weasel Overlord
Zcade0

Dead
EngiMatikul - Knight
Vulpix.ck - Vassal
Dark-San - Gypsy
Zcade0 - Hedgewitch
Roy Karrde - Jester
mr_pikachu - Foreign Sultan
Magmar - Armorer
Prof. JB Wolf - Executioner

Roles
Bar Wench
Palace Magician
Princess
Monk
Scribe

Cycle Information
The current date and time is - Rebel Victory.
Inquisition (All) will occur at - Day.
Secret Affairs (Rebels) will occur at - Night.
The current influence is - Guild Business.

Zcade0
3rd July 2007, 07:52 PM
Well doesn't this seem incredibly involved?

Neutral

3rd July 2007, 08:52 PM
Okies, I just reread the rules and *hopefully* I understand what's going on u.u

neutral for the day

Roy Karrde
3rd July 2007, 09:00 PM
Neutral

EngiMatikul
3rd July 2007, 09:36 PM
your general rules do not explain the penalty for not voting. I'm pretty sure its the same, but in the event that it is different, you should put in your rules what the penalty of not voting is.

Neutral

mr_pikachu
3rd July 2007, 09:51 PM
Was thinking the same thing about the non-voting.

Neutral. Hooray for bandwagoning!

Prof. Jb Wolf
4th July 2007, 12:53 AM
THE GREAT KAMINA-SAMA IS

NEUTRAL

Crazy Elf Boy
4th July 2007, 12:56 AM
Nuetral

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
4th July 2007, 03:33 AM
Neutral

Weasel Overlord
4th July 2007, 03:43 AM
Neutral cap'n!

Plantae
4th July 2007, 08:57 AM
Thank you mr_pikachu and EngiMatikul for pointing that out. I have hosted so many games that most of the rules just go unspoken at this point. Please observe rule nine in the general rules section.

Addendum
There seem to be several common questions going around. Observe the answers below.

1. Are royalists and royals the same? No, Royals are people of noble position. Royalists are those that desire the current king, i.e. are not rebels. Due to the lack of clarity, the term "royalists" will be replaced by "loyalists."

2. Can you form alliances in this game? Alliances with non-allies are impossible except under the Guild Business influence (though they last even after this influence stops). These alliances can trump your original alliance, but then your new goal becomes eliminating all other players.

Magmar
4th July 2007, 11:42 AM
new game, new title, new rules, new roles!
no idea what mine means, but it seems to be unique ^_^ better read the rules!
only question is...
will there be Wizarding Chess?
oh and neutral, unless the said wizarding chess game does pursue, in which case i will erupt in chorus with "Weasley is Our King" :)

Magmar
4th July 2007, 12:19 PM
For your entertainment, I have decided to provide you all imagery of your role, many of which are thanks to Disney :)

Bar Wench: Lucky hoes they are! (http://members.aol.com/vltdisney/gaston03.gif)

Jester: LOLLERCOPTER (http://www.costumes4less.com/prodimages/previews/2/previewA80080.jpg)

The Always Sexy Palace Magician: Snape's cousin. (http://www.laas.fr/~tlemaire/jafar/jafar.jpg)

The Executioner: With Marge Simpson hair! (http://www.northrup.org/photos/England/low/royal%20guard.jpg")

The Beautiful Princess: Daaayyyuum! (http://www.citypaper.com/sb/97964/collins.jpg)

The Foreign Sultan: ...of Agrabah? (http://www.sokoto-state.com/images/sultan1.jpg)

The Knight: of Ni! (http://luminescencias.blogspot.com/uploaded_images/HolyGrail107_Knight-of-Ni-750166.jpg)

The Vassal: Randomness! (http://www.hickerphoto.com/data/media/40/whitecoat_seal_T3506.jpg)

The Scribe: Yes, that's right. (http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/static_images/news/mtvootpharryhand2.jpg)

Armorer: Don'tcha need a permit for those GUNS on those ARMS? (http://uk.gizmodo.com/arm%20wrestling%20robot.jpg)

The Hedgewitch: Kekeke Kwaaah! (http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/harry_potter_and_the_order_of_the_phoenix/imelda_staunton/phoenix.jpg)
(yes, that's Dolores Umbridge!)

The Gypsy: in a box! (http://www.princessmonkey.com/disney/dolls/esmeralda.jpg)

The Monk: ...ey! (http://webstudent17.basd.k12.wi.us/monkeys/abu.jpg)

Oh and this was edited due to broken links. It's purely for entertainment value, not really to do with the game... but carry on then =)

Houndoom_Lover
4th July 2007, 05:35 PM
Ummm, we're still voting? *looks curious* Sorry, yesterday I was writting a Fanfiction and giving my full attention to my cuddlebug ^-^

Houndoom_Lover
4th July 2007, 05:37 PM
Oh-wait! *tried to stop my post* Butter Miscuits! Neutreal

Plantae
4th July 2007, 06:13 PM
Clearly no deaths have occurred today. Proceed to Night One.

Also, a reminder, in case anyone was confused: if you are not a rebel (or more accurately, not of the one-fourth of players that knows their allies), you may use your abilities at any time during the cycle. You don't have to wait for night.

Plantae
5th July 2007, 07:38 PM
That concludes Night One. Let Day Two begin, noting the changes it brings.

Magmar
6th July 2007, 04:01 PM
Let's see.

I have what's called a "life" which means I don't have all day to wait for people to vote. Last time, I couldn't wait and I voted first for somebody random, and everyone immediately retaliated and voted for me.

Which means they're just waiting to do that again. That's not casting suspicion, that's just saving your own ass for an extra round.

I vote EngiMatikul because if I go for a vet, I'm automatically trying to kill someone experienced to cover that I'm a shifter or whatever I supposedly am for voting first this time.

Plantae
6th July 2007, 07:49 PM
I am afraid that Day Two has ended. Furthermore, as the rules clearly state, the majority of the votes determine the elimination. Everyone except Magmar and our victim will be receiving a doom vote.

Dead
EngiMatikul - Knight

Let us hope that we have something of a more eventful Night Two.

EngiMatikul
6th July 2007, 09:06 PM
I don't take offense that you voted me, but I DO take offence that you consider me ANY less experienced than a "vet" if you even take into any consideration how I did last game of AM.

Houndoom_Lover
6th July 2007, 09:44 PM
What the heck!? *doesn't remember* I checked the game yesterday and it still was in night, so I checked today and a whole cycle when by? What the heck *looks confused* Aw well *wipes the sweat off my for head* Everyone had hang overs? ^_^

mr_pikachu
6th July 2007, 09:49 PM
Oh, dang it. I've been fighting a headache most of the day, so I ended up sleeping through the evening... argh!

Dark-San
7th July 2007, 02:17 AM
Argh, I missed both days in a row. Damn the rigid university timetable! *Kicks timetable*

Hopefully, I make it on time for the third day.

Plantae
7th July 2007, 07:34 AM
Before anyone makes any false assumptions, EngiMatikul was not a rebel. I made a little mistake there.

Magmar
7th July 2007, 07:35 AM
I didn't say I consider you less experienced. But if I, say, voted for Dark-San, it would be "omg vet targeting" if you know what I mean.

So wait... was the knight a rebel or what??

Plantae
7th July 2007, 10:34 AM
If it was unclear previously, no, EngiMatikul is most certainly not a rebel.

Dark-San
7th July 2007, 11:02 AM
Then I would throw in a vote against Magmar then if that is the case. I have not read the details of the games yet but I am certainly not one of the bad guys.

EngiMatikul
7th July 2007, 01:44 PM
I didn't say I consider you less experienced. But if I, say, voted for Dark-San, it would be "omg vet targeting" if you know what I mean.

So wait... was the knight a rebel or what??

I don't see how targetting a vet and targetting a new member is any less different. If anything, you should target the vets so that the newer members could have more participation in the game and get a feel for what its like. Wouldn't you say it would suck if you just joined the game, and BAM they voted you out the first turn?

Plantae
7th July 2007, 07:36 PM
Enough rigamarole. Instead, let's the end of this loathsome Night.

Dead
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Scribe, Rebel (for certain this time)

I do believe the sun has risen again, so that's Day Three for you. Do note that we have our first case of simultaneous action, as both the inquisition and secret (rebel) affairs will occur during Day Three.

mr_pikachu
7th July 2007, 08:53 PM
*looks through list*

Okay, I think I'll vote for the person who hasn't even posted in this thread yet... Vulpix.ck.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
7th July 2007, 10:01 PM
*sulks* Being dead is QUITE the inconvenience.

Plantae
7th July 2007, 10:22 PM
Simultaneous Action has now ended. Secret (Rebel) Affairs will occur during Night instead. Any ability use that has already occurred will be completed.

Crazy Elf Boy
7th July 2007, 10:27 PM
OK Vulpix.ck for me to, becuase really no one else seems very evil at the moment.

Magmar
8th July 2007, 12:48 AM
I'll also support a Vulpix.ck vote, at least for now.

Oh and Engi-whatever, it had to be somebody and you had all day to retaliate, right?

I'm drunk too, so... maybe it's not quite making sense right now.

8th July 2007, 01:01 AM
I'm a little confused. u.u
If simultaneous action has ended, does that still mean that

A vote during this time results in the death of the two highest vote getters, and the whole period of time lasts 48 hours. ?

Anyway..erm... I refuse to bandwagon (for once!)..however, almost everyone was inactive on day 2 so there isn't much to go on u.u
Er.. randomly Dark-san for now

Roy Karrde
8th July 2007, 01:31 AM
I will go with Vulpix.ck too.

Prof. Jb Wolf
8th July 2007, 02:30 AM
THE GREAT KAMINA-SAMA VOTES FOR

Dark-san

Weasel Overlord
8th July 2007, 11:15 AM
Dark-San

Vulpix.ck87
8th July 2007, 12:27 PM
I'm alive, dangit, just laazzee ;_; Don't kill me.

Dark-san, i guess.

EngiMatikul
8th July 2007, 02:01 PM
Oh and Engi-whatever, it had to be somebody and you had all day to retaliate, right?

I'm drunk too, so... maybe it's not quite making sense right now.

Actually I had 3 hours to retaliate but I won't put you on the blame since I was playing Ragnarok Online all day. :V

Houndoom_Lover
8th July 2007, 02:03 PM
Vulpix.ck Because you wouldn't die last time! Woohoo! I didn't miss this one! I freaked when the site would load.

Houndoom_Lover
8th July 2007, 02:06 PM
wouldn't*

Houndoom_Lover
8th July 2007, 02:10 PM
You know, forgive the double post, but I don't know what came over me. It's not like me to hold such a graude. So, to show my forgivance, I'll change my vote to Roy Karrde

Dark-San
9th July 2007, 07:43 AM
Vulpix.ck, evening up the odds. I don't want to die this early yet.

Plantae
9th July 2007, 08:25 AM
The victim of Day Three:

Dead
Vulpix.ck - Vassal

So begins Night Three.

Vulpix.ck87
9th July 2007, 05:29 PM
GAH! The rage!

In the words of Mr Bellamy: You'll burn in hell for your sins ~_~ [add falsetto]

Plantae
10th July 2007, 11:37 AM
So ends Night Three. Proceed with Day Four. Please observe that it is simultaneous action under The Dragon influence.

Houndoom_Lover
10th July 2007, 06:41 PM
OOoh, ye old dragon! No one died? *puts my shovel away* Take my gold, o mighty one! *goes to see who is alive*

Houndoom_Lover
10th July 2007, 06:44 PM
DArk-San, you turn to be voted, laddy!

mr_pikachu
11th July 2007, 12:22 AM
I'll remain Neutral for now and see how everything plays out.

(No penalty for voting neutral as long as you don't do it twice in a row, right?)

Weasel Overlord
11th July 2007, 06:06 AM
Roy Karrde

11th July 2007, 09:44 AM
Roy Karrde to bandwagon ^^U Since I didn't last round.

Roy Karrde
11th July 2007, 10:23 AM
Wanna back that up with some proof Weasel? Weasel Overlord

Weasel Overlord
11th July 2007, 10:31 AM
Nah.

Houndoom_Lover
11th July 2007, 11:08 AM
Haha, the exchange made me smile ^-^

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
11th July 2007, 11:17 AM
Well this is a pretty pickle.

It has been brought to my attention that I am not, in fact, dead. If I am, el Jobo may disregard this vote and may lightning bolts rain down in profusion upon the serpent-tongued informant for making me look a fool; if I am not, I vote for

Roy Karrde

just because I can.

Prof. Jb Wolf
11th July 2007, 12:12 PM
Who to vote who to vote who to vote....hmmm.....

Dark-san

Plantae
11th July 2007, 07:30 PM
So ends Day Four.

Dead
Dark-San - Gypsy
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Scribe, Rebel

However, the sun rises again immediately, as Day Five ascends.

Vulpix.ck87
11th July 2007, 09:46 PM
Wait, so who's dead? Am I dead? Am I alive? Can I have biscuits..?

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
11th July 2007, 10:47 PM
I don't know. I don't know anything anymore D: Diddled to death, I am...

...AND WHY IS ROY BOY NOT DEAD?!

Magmar
11th July 2007, 11:51 PM
Weasel Overlord, call it a hunch.

mr_pikachu
12th July 2007, 04:25 AM
Sorry Weasel Overlord, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get online tomorrow. Time to bandwagon.

Crazy Elf Boy
12th July 2007, 05:50 AM
Weasel Overlord

Plantae
12th July 2007, 07:54 AM
You may wish to observe, and I should have noted, that today's inquisition is a secret ballot. That is, you all private message me your votes, at Night which has yet to start.

Plantae
12th July 2007, 05:42 PM
Day is ending a little early today. A small note: dooms. I had not tallied them until now. Assume, even if your name is not on this list, that you have one doom.

Dooms
Crazy Elf Boy - 2
Zcade0 - 3, Death

Dead
Zcade0 - Hedgewitch
Roy Karrde - Jester

That is all, plus Night Five.

Houndoom_Lover
12th July 2007, 09:21 PM
Why was there two days in a row? Why is the day ending early? *looks very confused* This is the first time today I got this site to load, heh. Just for this game ^-^...and it's night time. Butter Biscuts.

mr_pikachu
12th July 2007, 09:28 PM
Huh? Why do I have two dooms?

I voted Neutral on Day One, missed Day Two for a doom, voted Vulpix.ck on Day Three, and Neutral again on Day Four. Day Five's Inquisition hasn't happened yet, so where's my second doom?

Plantae
13th July 2007, 09:26 AM
Houndoom_Lover: There were two days in a row, yes. The first one was a Simultaneous Action day, so there was no night. Today, vote is occurring during night, which means it is a secret ballot. Send me your vote by private message.

mr_pikachu: You are correct sir. Sorry for the mistake on my part. It is now fixed.

13th July 2007, 10:59 AM
Actually Plantae, I don't get why I have two dooms either.
Day one - Neutral
Day two - this I missed
Day three - dark-san
Day four - Roy
Day five -hasn't ended yet

So yeah...are you sure you aren't mistaken?

Houndoom_Lover
13th July 2007, 12:12 PM
*is confused still* Alrighty then! I'll just go do that....>_< *looks on Ebay for brain upgrade*

Weasel Overlord
13th July 2007, 05:28 PM
Yeaaah, I'm joining in with the "I only have one doom vote" parade.

Day 1 = Neutral
Day 2 = Doom 1
Day 3 = Dark-San
Day 4 = Roy
Day 5 = Not ended

*slaps Jibs on the wrist* Silly Planty-pie, getting his voties all mixed up.

Plantae
14th July 2007, 07:12 AM
All faulty dooms have been corrected. I apologize for the length of this particular Night, but something came up. Here are the results.

Dead
Prof. JB Wolf - Executioner, Rebel

We now begin Day Six which will start with inquisition and will operate under the Rumors influence.

Magmar
14th July 2007, 10:50 AM
I stand behind my vote of Weasel Overlord.

14th July 2007, 12:27 PM
I vote....
neutral for the time being...

Magmar
14th July 2007, 05:01 PM
*Falls off the vote of Weasel Overlord*

Meh. I didn't really have much evidence for that.

Mr Pikachu it is, then!
Because...
I WANT PIE

Crazy Elf Boy
14th July 2007, 05:08 PM
Neutral for me

Weasel Overlord
14th July 2007, 05:17 PM
I am also throwing in a vote for Mr_Pikachu. For sheer lack of my brain working. Also, I'm sure he voted for me once... And since Maggy seems to have changed his ways, Mr.P it is.

Houndoom_Lover
14th July 2007, 08:43 PM
Pump me up with Neutral. I have alot to do ^-^

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
15th July 2007, 03:59 AM
mr_pikachu

Plantae
15th July 2007, 09:59 AM
Certainly not the most progressive Inquisition for some.

Dead
mr_pikachu - Foreign Sultan

Allow us to continue onto Night Six.

Plantae
16th July 2007, 11:29 AM
Night Six has ended.

Alive
Prof. JB Wolf
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai

Day Seven begins under the Guild Business influence, with inquisition occurring immediately.

Houndoom_Lover
16th July 2007, 12:54 PM
Wait, inquisitions are in PM?

Plantae
16th July 2007, 01:00 PM
Inquisitions that occur during Night are private messaged. Inquisitions, like the current one, which occur during Day are posted in the thread.

mr_pikachu
16th July 2007, 04:36 PM
Blarg! I are dead!

But for once, I'm actually okay with being killed... due to some unfortunate circumstances, I couldn't vote in time and would've received a second doom anyway. Ah well.

Magmar
17th July 2007, 12:00 AM
Hyperness is a Good Thing.

Trust me on this one. Rumor has it.

Magmar
17th July 2007, 12:03 AM
Wait... I thought Prof. Whatever was a Rebel... does this mean that he's alive and not a rebel?

Don't know what the hell is going on so my vote remains the same because I listen to rumors...

17th July 2007, 03:12 AM
!!!
What?!
....Magmar as a counter vote.
I am shocked...Well, you'll see at the end of the day..=(

Crazy Elf Boy
17th July 2007, 06:23 AM
I will vote for Magmar, because voting for some one on a Rumor.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
17th July 2007, 08:44 AM
...WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!

Magmar

...FOREHEAD POWAR.

Plantae
17th July 2007, 11:30 AM
To conclude Day Seven, and also, the entire game.

Dead
Magmar - Armorer

The likes of Emotional Faun Chiko-sai, Hyperness is a Good Thing, and Crazy Elf Boy have vanquished the king by outnumbering his servants as the illusion of the truly dead Prof. JB Wolf fades. Victory to the Rebels!

Please post any comments or criticisms, or if you wish to withdraw from next game. Ideally, Coup D'état Round Two will start Thursday at 12 PM CST. Please observe the rules (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/), as they have been altered slightly.

Magmar
17th July 2007, 03:14 PM
x.x damn majority vote XD

mr_pikachu
17th July 2007, 06:09 PM
My only comment is that I hope we don't have any delays next game, as I'm going to be away for five or six days in early or mid-August.

Oh, and that it would help to be informed about the time of Inquisition within the host's regular posts as well as edits to the first post. That got rather confusing at times, and I think it screwed up some people.

17th July 2007, 09:48 PM
YAY EVIL PLOTTING ^_^
*we thought that we were going to lose*

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
18th July 2007, 12:09 AM
Hello amigos. I was actually thinking we were gonna get a tie vote in and possibly all our plans screwed up, but I guess Wurzworth is lost in Carkleland :x

In any case... we really lucked out by not getting any of us rebels suspected at all the way through till almost the end of the game.

*throws confetti*

Crazy Elf Boy
18th July 2007, 12:28 AM
Whoa that is the first time I have ever won one of these games, having a powerful role helps to ^_^.

Weasel Overlord
18th July 2007, 10:40 AM
Gosh DARN it! I AM lost in Carkleland! Sorry all you other non-rebel types, your friendly neighbourhood whore was a'holidayin'. ^_^

Bar Wench is the BEST role ever! :D

Sign me up for next game, Jibbles! I'm not sure about queen Carkle, I shall ask her when she gets back from work.

Magmar
18th July 2007, 07:16 PM
my role rocked! hope everyone enjoyed their gift-ies!!!!!!!!

Crazy Elf Boy
19th July 2007, 02:53 AM
Yes thankyou for the gift Magmar, it was exactly what i wanted. Being the Princess and all, sorry you had to die ^_^'''''

Magmar
19th July 2007, 04:12 PM
well you could've let me live! did i give you the pop tart shuriken or the hacky sack spike ball??

Plantae
19th July 2007, 04:23 PM
The thread for next round is up here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16257). Roles are currently being sent, but I will be done with that momentarily.