PDA

View Full Version : Independence Day 2007

mr_pikachu
4th July 2007, 11:24 PM
...Okay, so the fourth of July's almost over. But that doesn't mean we can't discuss it!

So for those of you who celebrate the holiday, how did you spend Independence Day? Did you see your family? Watch any fireworks? Have a cookout? See a movie? What did you do?

My grandparents came to visit me and my parents today. After a barbecue, we played a card game called Skip-Bo before watching You, Me, and Dupree on DVD. And we watched the St. Louis Cardinals beat the D-Backs 5-4 in a comeback victory for the rest of the night.

So, what about you? How did you spend the holiday? Tell us!

Magmar
5th July 2007, 05:12 AM
I usually spend the day getting--illegally, of course, since I'm underage--thoroughly trashed at my cousin's house.

But I was sick this year, and today it is no longer illegal for me to do so since it's my 21st birthday.

Jeff
5th July 2007, 03:53 PM
We usually go to my grandparents' house, but since my grandmother had knee surgery not too long ago, we did Fourth of July at our house. It was supposed to be our usual family party but only my grandparents and one aunt and her kids came, while my other aunts and uncles did their own thing. It was fun, we got to hang out with our cousins, play some Wii, and ate hamburgers and hot dogs. I remember us having plenty left over, but I can't seem to find them, I guess I know what my family had for lunch while I was at work. Anyway, after we ate, a few of us walked to the neighborhood beach and watched the Annapolis fireworks and on the way there, so many fireworks were being set off from people's houses it sounded (and smelled) like we were in the middle of a war zone. So this year wasn't really special, my sister got to go to D.C. to see the fireworks there, but I'm not jealous considering I did that last year.

DarkTemplarZero
5th July 2007, 06:28 PM
The night before I went to go see the fireworks over the George Washington Bridge. Slept really late, woke up, made this pretty cool video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwwjeW_HzUQ. Went to a bbq at my sister's friend's house, and afterwards went to see Transformers with some friends. A pretty good way to spend the 4th.

homeofmew
6th July 2007, 09:57 PM
yay for USA independence

Crystal Mew
12th July 2007, 12:27 PM
What I did on the 4th of july.... worked 10-4 (ugh!) then right after work went home and changed then went to church...and watched fireworks after. fun fun