PDA

View Full Version : CSS help.

Sceptile_Master
6th July 2007, 08:06 PM
http://stusgames.awardspace.com/test/index.htm

Okay here's the thing. I have 2 problems I need help with. they are as follows.

1: How do I get the grey of the tabs to continue on until same length as the nav bar?

2: How do I get Internet Explorer to stop sticking a gap in between the Navigation bar and the locations bar?

Sorry if they are noobish questions but I'm only just going back to web design and can't remember anything :S.

Negrek
6th July 2007, 09:16 PM
You oughta be able to make the color of the tabbed bar extend the full length of the nav bar just by making the background color of #nav-top #D9D9D9, which I believe is the light gray you want.

I'm not very good at dealing with IE BS, but try making the margins of #nav-top and #location 0 instead of auto.

Sceptile_Master
6th July 2007, 11:50 PM
Yeah I thought I might try that to handle with IE but I've already tried making the background for #nav-top colored but for some reaosn it doesn't work.

Negrek
7th July 2007, 12:31 AM
Okay, yeah, I see. The problem is that the list doesn't actually count as content on the div because it's floated; you need to add an   in between the opening of the div and the beginning of the list; if you then add a background color to the div, that color will show up as a colored strip above the tabs.

However, because the tabs are floating a little ways from the top of the div, the colored bar is going to extend over them only and not all the way through them; you'd need to alter the div's height so that it matched up with the tabs in order to get the gray going all the way across and through. Also, because of the padding on the location div that's not also on the nav div, the two colored bars won't line up unless you alter their padding values to match, even though the divs have the same declared pixel width.

I do not have the stamina to fiddle much right now, but throwing margin:0 and padding:0 all over the place is not having any effect on the display in IE. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it may again have to do with floating the list.

Sceptile_Master
7th July 2007, 11:30 AM
I think I'm getting there but I can't get the background to stop appearing above the tabs as well as below. Any help there?