PDA

View Full Version : N00b Battle, just registered join me. Ref needed.

Anti-R*cketship
12th December 2002, 07:50 AM
2 vs. 2
Arena: Just a plain starting arena, no advantages or disadvantages for any types.
DQ - standard week
You choose first, I attack first.

celebipower
12th December 2002, 07:53 AM
I accept

Go gastly(male) !

Anti-R*cketship
12th December 2002, 07:56 AM
A Gastly, eh? In that case, go Cujo (Male Houndour).

I will wait until we have a ref to post my attacks.

Oddish17
12th December 2002, 11:36 AM
I'll ref this for you. Is the arena open or closed in?

Anti-R*cketship
12th December 2002, 12:08 PM
It's an open arena.

Okay, Cujo, I know this is your first fight, but let's make it a good one. First, Clear the Skies. Then get that Gastly with a Flamethrower. Finally, round it off with a Faint Attack

Clear Skies~Flamethrower~Faint Attack

Anti-R*cketship
13th December 2002, 07:51 AM
[bump]

celebipower
13th December 2002, 08:04 AM
You really didn't have to bump this, we live in different timezone's ya know ^^

Ok gastly....when it's clearing the skies give it a hypnosis!

Then drain it's energy with spite, then back away a bit and give it some good damage with a shadowball!

Oddish17
13th December 2002, 11:55 AM
Pre-Battle
Ah, I finally made it to the arena. Why somebody built an arena in the middle of nowhere is beyond me. I glance around, looking at the dull structure before me. Sighing, I think of the days when exciting arena's were everywhere a person could look. I guess people prefer predictability to excitement. Sighing again, I make my way up the ramp to the arena. Looking around, I can't help but notice that nobody has showed up for this match. I wonder why I even came here in the first place...Well, I'm here, and I have a job to do. As I look over the trainer's, I shake my head. One seems to be strictly against Rocket Shipping, while the other gets his power from celery. What an odd bunch. Making my way to the designated ref area, I get a sudden chill through my veins. Shivering, I look around, only to notice a mischievous Gastly nearby. Stupid ghosts, I think to myself. Looking over to the other side of the arena, a mean looking Houndour appears in a flash. Shuddering, I think back to my last encounter with a Houndour, which was none too pleasant. Glancing down at my...erm...well lets just move right along, shall we? As the two pokemon square off against each other, the battle begins.

Cujo- 100%, feeling confident
Gastly- 100%, feeling naughty
Ref- Keeping his legs crossed in the presence of Houndour

Arena- standard arena, partly cloudy day, light wind

Cujo- Clear Skies ~ Flamethrower ~ Faint Attack
Gastly- Hypnosis ~ Spite ~ Shadow Ball

Battle
The battle commences, as Cujo makes the first move. Calling upon some strange power, the Houndour begins an odd dance, first moving to the left, then shuffling back to the right. Taking a few steps backwards, then proceeding to start forward, before reverting back to his original spot. This was the first time I had ever seen a Houndour do the electric slide. His ritual worked, however, as the clouds above soon dissipated into nothing, leaving behind a bright sunny sky. How lovely, maybe I'll work on my tan. While contemplating how pale I am, Gastly is none too impressed with Cujo's showmanship. With that trademark Gastly smile that has made him famous, he begins to contort his face into a strange pattern of shapes and squiggly things. It's almost hypnotizing...Ack, gotta pay attention. It seems Cujo finds the display very interesting, as his face becomes blank. Slowly succumbing to the hypnosis, Cujo slips off into a peaceful slumber. As the Houndour lays motionless, lightly breathing, Gastly moves in for the kill. Oh wait, Gastly hasn't been ordered to attack. How silly, Cujo is just laying there, undefended. Oh well, Gastly proceeds with his trainer's orders. A strange light appears, surrounding the sleeping Cujo. The light seems to be absorbed, and soon disappears inside Cujo's body. Rolling over to one side with a snort, the Houndour seems unfazed. Although it's tough to tell what a pokemon is thinking when it's sleeping.

Still sleeping soundly, Cujo is unable to actually do anything. Gastly smiles again, aware now that he has the chance to cause some damage to that Houndour. Opening his mouth wide, a strange crackling black energy forms into a ball. Shooting forward in a beam of darkness, the light around the arena seems to dim, despite the sun being out. The beam of energy slams into the side of the Houndour, knocking him across the arena into the opposite wall. As the wall crumbles under the impact, Cujo is vehemently awoken from his sleep. Staggering to his feet, he is confused as to what has just happened. With a sharp pain in his right side, he stumbles back to the center of the arena, where he collapses in a heap. Gastly laughs as he watches his opponent attempt to right himself. I decide this round is over, and wave my little rainbow colored flag to signal no more attacks.

Stats
Gastly- 100%, laughing, upset at being out in daylight, fatigue(5%)
Cujo- 86%, pain in side, awake, fatigue(14%)

Arena- Clear Skies in effect for four more rounds, one wall section has been destroyed

Anti-R*cketship
14th December 2002, 02:20 AM
Your turn CP.

celebipower
14th December 2002, 04:46 AM
I can't post my attacks right now....in about 7 hours I can though.

Edit: My attacks: Gastly..let out a confuse ray...then since you're doing so good...give it a return attack ^^ then finish the round with a rain dance.

Oddish17
14th December 2002, 01:01 PM
celebipower, next time just post again with your attacks. Don't edit them into a post. This bumps the topic up, letting your opponent and the ref know you've made your attacks. Otherwise, the topic could be overlooked, as I almost did.

Anti-R*cketship
14th December 2002, 01:28 PM
Hmm... Cujo, when he tries to confuse you, use a Roar to throw him off guard. Then counter that Return by using a Faint Attack. He can't hit what he can't see, but you can sure hit him. Finally, when he tries his Rain Dance, Clear the Skies immediately after.

Roar~Faint~Clear Skies

Oddish17
14th December 2002, 06:03 PM
Pre-Battle
Gastly- 100%, laughing, upset at being out in daylight, fatigue(5%)
Cujo- 86%, pain in side, awake, fatigue(14%)

Arena- Clear Skies in effect for four more rounds, one wall section has been destroyed

Gastly- Confuse Ray ~ Return ~ Rain Dance
Cujo- Roar ~ Faint Attack ~ Clear Skies

Battle
The battle rages on, whooosh! See, there it goes. Hmmm, tough crowd. Right, as the match continues, I discard my sheet of jokes. Seems my humor isn't appreciated out here, wherever we are. That evil Gastly continues his vicious laughing, and in a fit of mischeivous happiness, he does....nothing. Well, that's not exactly true. As his body begins to glow an odd white, Cujo watches in amazement. He watches too long, though, as a small white beam shoots forth from Gastly, disappearing as it hits the Houndour. Cujo looks a little lost, as his eyes roam all around. His vision is distorted, as he is not sure what he is seeing. Aaah, is that a Tyrinatar attacking? Cujo flees in terror, only to run headlong into a nearby wall, causing a sharp pain to permeate through his skull.

Gastly lets out a laugh, realizing that Cujo was only running from delusions within his own mind. Concentrating himself into a tight ball, Gastly rushes forward, aiming dead on toward's Cujo. At least where Cujo used to be. Gastly stops in his tracks, wondering where that Houndour has gone to. Cujo soon appears a few feet away, growling with anger. Gastly is unable to phase out in time, as Cujo knocks the now solid Gastly backwards, ceasing the annoying laughter. Unhappy at this turn of events, Gastly only wants to get that Houndour. But, being the loyal pokemon he is, Gastly follows his orders. Closing his eyes while concentrating, a small drizzle begins, before turning into a downpour. Much to his dismay, Houndour was also concentrating, and doing an odd version of the Hustle, the skies begin to clear once again. The previous rain has seemingly disappeared into nothingness, leaving behind a beautiful sunny day, yet again. What crazy weather we're having. The two pokemon are no longer amused, and both look dead serious as they prepare for the next round.

Stats
Cujo- 78%, pain in side and head, no longer confused, fatigue(25%)
Gastly- 90%, angry, fatigue(20%)

Arena- Clear Skies in effect for four more rounds, two wall sections have been destroyed-leaving small piles of debris

Anti-R*cketship
16th December 2002, 06:10 PM
Kenji, I was looking over your first reffing again and something struck me.

Ghost attacks are bad against Dark Types. Shadowball should not have done 14% damage to Cujo. And does Hypnosis even work against Dark types?

If this is explained, I will post my next attacks, but not a second earlier.

Oddish17
16th December 2002, 08:56 PM
I just realized I spelled Tyranitar incorrectly in the first reffing. Silly me. Anyways, on with your questions.

Hypnosis can work against any pokemon, including Dark types. Even though it's a Psychic move, type resistances don't matter. Moves like this don't follow type resistances, Confuse Ray is a Ghost attack and works perfectly on Normal types.

As for the 14%, I'll explain. Yes, Dark types have a resistance to Ghost attacks. However, Cujo was asleep, meaning he had no way to defend himself. This added slightly to the damage. He was also thrown against a wall, hard. This did more damage than the actual attack itself.

6% damage from Shadowball + 8% damage for being thrown forcefully into a wall.

Anti-R*cketship
17th December 2002, 07:13 PM
Okay, I understand now Kenji. Thanks for clearing that up.

Alright, Cujo, good job last round. Now, start this one off with a Double Team. Follow it up with a Flamethrower and end it with a Crunch. If you fall asleep at any time, change your plan to Sleep Talks.

Double-Team/Sleeptalk~Flamethrower/Sleeptalk~Crunch/Sleeptalk

celebipower
18th December 2002, 07:59 AM
Gastly...rain dance as quick as you can.

Then protect yourself from the next 2 attacks...after that drop it and then give it something to worry about with a nasty zap cannon!

celebipower
20th December 2002, 11:33 AM
ref?

Oddish17
23rd December 2002, 07:00 PM
Don't people read the away tower? I said I'd be back Monday(today, what a shock). celebipower, you gave four attacks. Zap Cannon will be ignored, since you said to protect twice.

Round 3

Pre-Battle
Cujo- 78%, pain in side and head, no longer confused, fatigue(25%)
Gastly- 90%, angry, fatigue(20%)

Arena- Clear Skies in effect for four more rounds, two wall sections have been destroyed-leaving small piles of debris

Cujo- Double-Team/Sleeptalk ~ Flamethrower/Sleeptalk ~ Crunch/Sleeptalk
Gastly- Rain Dance ~ Protect ~ Protect

Battle
After a short hiatus, the battle continues on. As the sun continues to shine, the two combatants continue on with the ferocious attacks. Well not really. On one side, Cujo, the lone Houndour transforms into four lone Houndours. Hmm, that's rough. Gastly watches on, laughing at the pathetic attempt by Cujo to conceal himself. Doing a much less showmanesque dance, Gastly wobbles around a bit, bringing forth the clouds once again. As the clouds form, a steady rain begins, dispersing Cujo's clones, leaving a now wet Houndour behind. Deciding to let loose with a fiery blast, even despite the weather, Cujo opens his mouth wide as a stream of fire shoots forth. Gastly shimmers with a white aura, as the Flamethrower is stopped short by the invisible shield. Gastly laughs, although he is showing obvious signs of fatigue. Houndour rushes forth, deciding to take things into his own hands, or teeth in this instance. Gastly, trying to protect from the attack, decides to phase out, a handy protection by ghosts from physical attacks. Houndour bites down onto nothing, as Gastly floats off, reappearing a few feet away. Houndour growls with rage, upset that none of his attacks worked.

Stats
Gastly- 90%, fatigue(34%)
Cujo- 78%, slight pain in side and head, enraged, fatigue(30%)

Arena- Rain Dance in effect for four more rounds, two wall sections have been destroyed, leaving small piles of debris

celebipower
24th December 2002, 04:41 AM
I thought you could Use protect and then just keep it up for as long as your pokemon can:confused:

Oddish17
24th December 2002, 10:59 AM
You can, but each attack you protect against, it uses a turn. Each consecutive turn, the accuracy of Protect decreases by approximately half. You were lucky that Protect worked twice in a row.

You can't just say "Protect at the beginning against all attacks, then use Body Slam and Return" as that would be unfair. It takes a turn to protect against an attack.

celebipower
25th December 2002, 03:21 AM
ok.

Gastly.

Substitute...a normal one.

then hypnosis and dream eater.

celebipower
30th December 2002, 05:02 AM
boot

celebipower
5th January 2003, 03:52 PM
Please not another DQ.